Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour (49516 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Will Learn That Power Does Not Come From Bourdillon – Kenneth Okonkwo / Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola / Babajide Sanwo-olu Will Use Armoured Range Rover Sentinel SUV As Official Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Angelfrost(m): 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Pls explain what you mean by here cos we don't know him in Alimosho

You don't know Sanwo-Olu in Alimosho?!! Are you having a laugh sir??!

8 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by christistruth01: 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
lhordspy:
“I am not an hero worshipper and gossiper. For Gbadebo, the future is open to you. God will not kill you, there is nothing wrong in you contesting. All of those contesting are my children. I pray by the authority in this palace, God should help us to turn the state better. There is no way I can hate the igbos because they are among my best friend.”

Very wise elderly man.
Whenever i see people talking down on this man. Especially the south easterners, I just laugh at the disrespect. I am not a fan of him, but he is one of the wisest and straightforward elder-man one can find anywhere in Nigeria today.

I remember few days after the declaration of the presidential result and Ezeife, an elder-stateman, a Cheiftain from the Southeast. Someone the younger ones should be looking upto was asked on AriseTV about his expectation of Tinubu's presidency and how feels the south easterners should be represented. The only thing that came out of this man was: 'Tinubu will never be sworn-in, and if he is sworn-in, it means there will never be Nigeria, this country will sc@tter'.

So much hatred, contempt, disdain, venom in an elderly man like that. The mischieveous Arisetv host that probably planned the whole thing to heat up the already tensed emotions on ground was even trying to calm him down, he still refused in saying anything tangible. Except this country must break.

You can never measure wisdom by age. I wish the southeasterners can pay more attention to their elder-statemen who are fanning war and disunity, instead of focusing on what is happening the southwest.

The only leader in the SE at the moment is Dave Umahi
and the SE need at least 10 Dave Umahi to repair Igbos damages

It is annoying watching Simon Ekpa dancing on YouTube every time he orders
them from Finland to sit at home and they are complying

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ole covid 19 Palliatives
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by 77up(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
popcykaylah:
I guess this shameless Oba must have like a million kids that have PVC to reinstate sanwo olu .. otherwise he should stfu
Must you insult everyone that doesn't have same opinion with yours? This is not politics but childish.

Gbadebo cannot win and that's the fact !

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by MrDoGood(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
A king is not supposed to take sides when it come to politics. And if he does, it should be and remain within him and him alone. This is just a government that will go away within 4yrs, but his reign is till death. Don't cause disunity amongst your people!

Don't publicly endorse a political party candidate, rather pray for a peaceful election and bless everyone of them.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by fof1: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
lhordspy:
“I am not an hero worshipper and gossiper. For Gbadebo, the future is open to you. God will not kill you, there is nothing wrong in you contesting. All of those contesting are my children. I pray by the authority in this palace, God should help us to turn the state better. There is no way I can hate the igbos because they are among my best friend.”

Very wise elderly man.
Whenever i see people talking down on this man. Especially the south easterners, I just laugh at the disrespect. I am not a fan of him, but he is one of the wisest and straightforward elder-man one can find anywhere in Nigeria today.

I remember few days after the declaration of the presidential result and Ezeife, an elder-stateman, a Cheiftain from the Southeast. Someone the younger ones should be looking upto was asked on AriseTV about his expectation of Tinubu's presidency and how feels the south easterners should be represented. The only thing that came out of this man was: 'Tinubu will never be sworn-in, and if he is sworn-in, it means there will never be Nigeria, this country will sc@tter'.

So much hatred, contempt, disdain, venom in an elderly man like that. The mischieveous Arisetv host that probably planned the whole thing to heat up the already tensed emotions on ground was even trying to calm him down, he still refused in saying anything tangible. Except this country must break.

You can never measure wisdom by age. I wish the southeasterners can pay more attention to their elder-statemen who are fanning war and disunity, instead of focusing on what is happening the southwest.

Illiteracy and Foolishness on Display...always.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Eriokanmi: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Angelfrost:

You don't know Sanwo-Olu in Alimosho?!! Are you having a laugh sir??!
Tell me what he's done to us in the last 4 years. I'm waiting.

This time in ambode's tenure, he had turned Alimosho into a modern city. Amazingly, he worked very hard in all the LGAs in Lagos. When I say we don't know him, I'm sure you know what I mean.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by afbstrategies: 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
Imagine the nonsense coming from a so called royal father whose hatred of other tribes has since been established.

Didn't he say Tinubu was going to win the presidential election in Lagos? What happened after that rigging?

If GRV win, will the OBa hide his head in shame? This question is for Urchins. sad

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by slowice(m): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
The useless ọbá lil Wayne ..... palliative snatcher , lagoon drowner,tinubu house boy, ọbá agbero grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Zetty177x: 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Very wise elderly man.

A partisan ruler is wise? I'm sorry some Yaribaz nor get sense. Plus u too.. In other States, the Obas are not partisan. I love Edo State. ...as u de partisan,the people go vote ur person out. This Oba never respected his Stool. No wonder them beat am when he hide palliatives. Oba wen kolobi indomie na Oba?.... Yeye de smell

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Onyiridike(f): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Read again. Very slowly this time without emotion.
You should have pointed it out. I can't be emotional about Lagos election. They can elect a dog to lead them for all I care.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by sisisioge: 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
Honestly, the oba is very right. I think Labour party poured more energy into winning the presidential election than they did with other elections. The quality of contenders they presented for governorship election in most states across the country is almost funny to watch. I hope they would learn that strength is in the whole, not in parts. Imagine the guy presented for Lagos! A whole Lagos o! Hian!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by sweetjohn(m): 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
Brainwashed Oba of lagos with chicken brain and very very low rational capacity.

Gbadebo is a true Lagosian and not an immigrants like Sanwolu. He is the most qualified to be governor of Lagos state. For long Lagosians have been sidelined to one corner and scavengers from Ogun and Other part of SW have been syphoning the resources and wealth of Lagos. The money Tinubu has stollen from Lagos no true Lagosians have made such in his or her 100yrs on earth.

The good news is that true Lagosians have the opportunity to reclaim their state back from all this immigrants rascals from SW by supporting one of their own Gbadebo of LP or continued slaving away to this rascals from neighbouring SW state. Reclaiming back your state does not make you guys less Yoruba neither those it make you guys Igbo apologies as this rascals immigrants from SW had made you believe over the years. For it is the right thing to do by reclaiming back your state and governing your state. Lagosains, it is time to begin to put on your thinking cap. For example, there are also large percentage of Igbos in Ogun state. They live happily with their Yoruba brothers. Now a quick thought, why are they not fighting them in Ogun? If truly Igbos want to take SW, why are they not bothered about them in Ogun and other SW states as they do in Lagos. Yea, your guess is correct. It's simply because they want to continue to govern your state and continue to steal from the rich resources of Lagos. They knew very well that the Igbo man always vote competent leader who understood ecomony very well and who will create an enabling environment for businesses to strive. That's the only reason they fight against the Igbos in Lagos. They see the Igbos as a threat to achieve their demonic aim which is to syphon Lagos wealth to themselves.

To the true Lagosians, you now have the power and opportunity to correct this years of stealing, intimidations and ethnic blindfolding in your land by voting your own son Gbadebo of LP as governor or continue to be govern by criminals from Ogun, Osun, and Oyo while turning your own royal father's, the Oba of Lagos to mere puppet and political and ethnic bullying, your eligible sons to govern to outcasts and your children children to touts. Don't be deceived be wise, Igbos are not your problem, Igbos have been respectful and helping to develop your state and also helping you true Lagosians reclaim back your state. The ball to reclaim back your state is now on your court.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Mitsurugi(m): 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
dgmoni123:
Don't know why people are pushing this guy...I know he has every right to contest.but let's be sincere to ourselves BOS deserved a second term.

So BOS should run unopposed
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by udemzyudex(m): 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
Dentidon:
He should go and try at councilor level. Let see what he will do before anything..

Hating Yoruba while wanting to lead them dey give me headache though.

Did you tell Sanwo Olu to try at councilor level when he contested?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Iamgrey5(m): 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Pls explain what you mean by here cos we don't know him in Alimosho
Ogeni relax!

Na only you dey for Alimosho?

Aren't you also from Edo State? Na Lagos indigenous person you be?

Abeg relax. Ikorodu has been producing high votes in the recent election pass Alimosho self.

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by christistruth01: 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
MrDoGood:
A king is not supposed to take sides when it come to politics. And if he does, it should be and remain within him and him alone. This is just a government that will go away within 4yrs, but his reign is till death. Don't cause disunity amongst your people!

Don't publicly endorse a political party candidate, rather pray for a peaceful election and bless everyone of them.

Ooni Adesoji Aderemi was the Governor General of the Western Region under Awolowo
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by FisifunKododada: 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
okuta007:
why are you so filled with hate in your bones? the devil who created you must be very proud of you

Exposing hate is not the same thing as hate. Get it?

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Fujiyama: 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
In the end it is up to voters.

This underperforming, inept party called the All Progressives Congress (APC) is not the only political party in Nigeria. People have other options - if they choose to exercise them.

If the people are ok with the way Lagos has been run for the past four years, and they choose to re-elect Sanwo olu and state APC lawmakers - then so be it. The people will have to live with the consequences for the next 4 years.

If on the other hand they are tired of NURTW harassment and extortion, endless traffic, bad roads etc. then they know what to do.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by lhordspy: 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
Onyiridike:

You should have pointed it out. I can't be emotional about Lagos election. They can elect a dog to lead them for all I care.

Now that is the emotion i am talking about. Whooof! So much aggressiveness over what you say is not your business.

So much venom.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Ofunaofu: 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
SmartyPants:

So what was Gbadebo doing at his palace?

I don't seem to understand your question
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Angelfrost(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Tell me what he's done to us in the last 4 years. I'm waiting

Well sir... I honestly don't know much about his influence in every inch of Lagos as I don't reside there (I left Lagos long before he became governor)!

I still know he has more chances to win ahead of the others notwithstanding.

He would have been less likely to win if the toughest opposition had someone more renown and respected in the race!

That's my humble submission... I never said he would win Lagos by a landslide!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Dingdongbells(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Political Oba . I greet you. You're doing a good job for APC . Keep up the good work. We go know after Saturday election. Oba of jump in the lagoon, Origin Oba, Oba that refuse to receive any presidential candidate.
Lagos is doing well with agbero tout and omo-nile . E ko oni baje.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by RexTramadol1: 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
Faber:
God go shame this Oba on Saturday...and this guy no go send am message till his 8yrs as Lagos governor.

The guy ain’t winning sha.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by SmartyPants(m): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ofunaofu:

I don't seem to understand your question

If the Oba's opinion does not matter (which you've implied), then why did the young man go to his place?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by orazx: 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
dgmoni123:
Don't know why people are pushing this guy...I know he has every right to contest.but let's be sincere to ourselves BOS deserved a second term.

Same thing you said about Obi.
Dey Play
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Mylove55(f): 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
This oba don't know how to deceive, he is not biased,
He is straightforward oba

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by babytoun: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
The same Oba that did not grant Obi audience
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by BurialGround: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
Dindondin:

Same God you quoted favoured one after the other. In this life when you have two good children, it's a matter of turn by turn. Sanwoolu has done well and deserved and will clinch 2nd term. GRV should wait for his time.

Thank you giver of time.
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by orazx: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
SmartyPants:

If the Oba's opinion does not matter (which you've implied), then why did the young man go to his place?

The Oba was hiding from Obi.
And was behind Tinubu yet Obi smashed Lagos.

Lol, Oba get only one vote to cast. That’s if he will even vote seff
Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by hohafrank(m): 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
dgmoni123:
Why didn't you say that of Ambode?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri / Aisha Buhari's Alleged Impostor Speaks Out, "Politicians Are Soiling My Name" / LIVE Photos From APC'S Ogun State Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.