Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' (61092 Views)

Kogi Overtook Lagos Because Yahaya Bello Refused To Lockdown - Opinion / Mainland Hospital: We Are Not Allowed To Release Bodies Of #ENDSARS Protesters / Buhari Scolding His Wife Not Pdp’s Business – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Tareq1105: 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
The couple had a very disappointing experience and you could hear it in her voice. It's not a good thing that negroids are stereotyping ethnic groups within the race based on physical appearance.

If there's any race in the world that should unite, it's black people who are not rated anywhere apart from Sub Saharan Africa.

All hands must be on deck to foster national unity. The outcome of 2023 General Elections seems to be the further division of a hugely diversified country.

As long as you are Nigerian, you have the constitutional right to vote and be voted for anywhere in Nigeria.

I hope that my children grow up in a country where they are not discriminated because of their r/l factor, h factor, cone head, flat head or yam legs.

In 1993 I, a Yoruba man, was not allowed to vote in Enugu. They wanted Tofa NRC and they knew I would vote MKO Abiola SDP. They're even my colleagues at work so I went back home to my family. So, it's not new.

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
Igbosthinkeast
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
The couple had a very disappointing experience and you could hear it in her voice. It's not a good thing that negroids are stereotyping ethnic groups within the race based on physical appearance.

If there's any race in the world that should unite, it's black people who are not rated anywhere apart from Sub Saharan Africa.

All hands must be on deck to foster national unity. The outcome of 2023 General Elections seems to be the further division of a hugely diversified country.

As long as you are Nigerian, you have the constitutional right to vote and be voted for anywhere in Nigeria.

I hope that my children grow up in a country where they are not discriminated because of their r/l factor, h factor, cone head, flat head or yam legs.
Am surprised you are saying this. Was it not you in another thread saying you support the useless thugs roaming and gallivanting around to scare voters. All of a sudden the spirit of God has come upon you. The thing is we know the truth within us but we find it hard to say. What's so hard having a peaceful election and whoever wins takes the mantle. Y deploying thugs, tribalism, violence, and after the election you say you won free and fair. Leading people is not a do or die affair
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by virginchaser(m): 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
Wahala dey o. See what Gbadebo's unguarded past tweets is causing? He created big hole in already fractured Lagos tribal war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by LegendHero(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Tribal Bigots Everywhere.!!

Yes I’m a tribal bigot. Did I ever said I’m not a tribal bigot?

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by mosaicafrique: 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
I thought They said Lagos is no man's land, they should have forced their way in or better still speak their language to clear the air.

2 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by richie240: 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Have we gotten to this level.?

Where were u when this was going on last 2 weeks?
https://youtube.com/shorts/c_CVh6csijg?feature=share

Oldnairalanderb:
The govt will not see this.

This country is a joke.
Perhaps if u had shouted like this when d above happened in alaigbo d govt would have 'seen" it.
Any other thing onye Ndi-hypocrite?
cool
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by INDOMIE9090(f): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
caandi:
who’s this local champion quoting me ?
For your info I’m a bonafide lagosian! Born and brought up here! and I know that it’s yorubas that mainly dominate face me i face you!
If you even see Igbo man in a one room it won’t be long, after he hustles, he builds his own house and park out.
Is this not why your people are threatening igbos to leave ?
So they can occupy their sweat and mansions
I’ll advise they better hustle for heavenly mansions, cos this earthly one is definitely out of their reach!!

Abeg rest joore
Drink water and be calming down
Ciao
self delusion is okay
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Juoflife1(f): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
How and when labour party became an Igbo party is what I don't understand. Some people are so desperate and stupid.
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Bigsunny01(m): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
Quest7777:
What do you expect when Police said Oluomo that came out publicly on air to threaten Igbos, was only joking.

My broda

De tin no tire u

Just imagine de level of oppression

Are we really still citizens in our own country?

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Draslo(m): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
Padipadi:
More evidence cos we don't know who to blv anymore
Thank God your eyes are opening to the lies by LP. They know how to concoct lies like no other. Where are their witnesses?

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by leisuretym: 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
Fake News Everywhere
She’s a YouTuber trying to promote her channel
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by olawonder(m): 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
Vinnie2000:

After APC/Buhari plunged Nigeria into a Terrible, Economic Mess. 😒

APC/Tinubu wants to Plunge this Country into an Ethnic Crisis, dictatorship or even Civil War! embarassed

Everything about APC is EVIL! undecided

Tinubu is a magician who was able to control your minds and fill them with hatred, bigotry and violence? He’s the one responsible for the insults and attacks ppl of SW have suffered from the Igbos in this last few months? He’s the one responsible for all the ethnic savagery you guys have been instigating online, and the ridicules meted on himself and his tribesmen by the Igbos abi?

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
They should go and make tribal Oyo mark and come back to vote

2 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by richie240: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
Padipadi:
More evidence cos we don't know who to blv anymore
Let's even assume it is true.
Where were the noisemakers when this was going on?
https://youtube.com/shorts/c_CVh6csijg?feature=share

UnabashedIPOB:
And some of you have the audacity to say ONE NIGERIA! You MUST be stupid to contemplate Nigeria being "ONE."
Eyahhh..... I didn't see ur tears 2 weeks ago when apc voters in alaigbo were disenfranchised o, o ye Ndi-hypocrite!
cool

2 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Bovis(m): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXSn-wkz0Kc&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Nigerian woman, Sisi Yemmie, said she was not allowed to vote with her husband because "they look like Igbos".

https://twitter.com/Sisi_Yemmie/status/1637052549051162624?t=LOJHW0LCqspxGrroSn7HRg&s=19

Arranged news by fake people
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by YorubaSamurai: 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
Konjiboii:
The hate I don dey get for Yoruba people ehn, it's getting to the level of how much I hate the police. angry
the one i have for igbos, even God will say it is too much

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by HNICEARTH: 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
Urchins disenfranschising their own kind out of self hatred and bigotry

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by juman(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
Fake news.
Aunty adaobi go to your region to vote.
You cant tell us who should lead us in our own land.

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Kog45(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
Rikidony:
So sad, Nigeria has gone to the dogs, thank God I'm getting the hell out of this country soon.
Consular officer...you are traveling out

Rikidony....yes

Consular officer...who is your president

Rikidony....Obi is going to reclaim his mandate.

Consular officer...visa not granted.

Oga na joke o🤥🤥🤥

Do not worry your visa would be granted but in case the consular officer asks who is your president just say Tinubu o
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
triple996:
Fake

How? Since you don't know her, let me help you. Sisi yemmie is a very popular Nigerian food blogger. She is Yoruba. She's not the type that goes chasing clouts. She must have been really pained before posting this

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Tflex01: 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

4 states are holding election in the east

Please tell him.
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by juman(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
Fake news flying.
The ipob criminals at work.
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by cococandy(f): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
such bile
livinbygrace:
Una open una mouth wa,say "Lagos is NO MAN"S LAND",it means all lagos indigene(ikorodu,epe,Badagry,ojo,Lagos Island) are all bastards..Na now una go know the real owner of Lagos.

mosaicafrique:
I thought They said Lagos is no man's land, they should have forced their way in or better still speak their language to clear the air.
SaintLucia:
It will be worst for Igbo. Yoruba will not take it easy with Igbo the way the Hausa-Fulani were insulted by Igbo under Buhari. You will see shege especially in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Lifestone(m): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
MikoB:
Hmm,I hate violence in every form, but this time around I have nothing to say because the people supporting Labour Party have never condemned what ipob is doing in the East by killing innocent people, they said charity begins at home, I said it here before and I am saying it again that sanwo olu will win with a large margin, not because he has performed excellently well but for his major opponent who is an ipob sympathiser.
Bro Sanwo-olu is currently the best Governor in Nigeria. He deserves being reelected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Doracity82(m): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
triple996:
Fake
Fake will kill you. Bitter soul. You will meet your match someday.
Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by LAFOCUZY: 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:
They should show their ID to confirm their tribes

If they're are igbos, election is also going on in enugu

But why Why should they show there ID card to touts in their own country.

Whether you are Yoruba Igbo or Hausa, promoting or indifferent about this, it has huge impact.

You boss might be your tribe, your business partner or the man or woman that will give you your break might from other tribe. The man or woman that might interview or employ you or give you a contract might be from the other side. Imagine the impact to you if he or she deprive you because of your tribe.

Imagine you, your sibling or parents fired, denied admission, repatriated, denied help or medical care or killed because he is of the other tribe, state, community, religion, language, gender, colour etc

Everyone should stand up and reject this trend .

I pity for this country

2 Likes

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by riverbird: 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
The most EDUCATED FOOLISH tribe award in Nigeria goes to the yorubas😊

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Odegbami1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
This one deep o. If I were in IPOD /ESN/UGM shoes, I will just carry my usual Ghana must go bag and head straight to Onitsha. Lolz

Aprocco:

See talk from a flat- headed tenant. Eebo sabi good thing, na hin you travel night bus dey sell market for traffic dey subject your children and generation to 3rd class- citizen riddicule wey you dey face so?

Reason why you are here is Because Yorubas are better. If Lagos had regimes as Obi, Obiano, Ngige, IPOB, you won't be here.

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by Factoryfitted: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
N3TRAL:

Oga stop speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Its you and your ilk who have been championing and clapping over the plans to disenfranchise Ibos and non APC voters in Lagos.

Now you are beginning to see the effects of what you all have been taking as just a joke on social media.

Don't worry, you hear, what you all have been looking for, you will see it in abundance. He who brings home ant-infested wood should not be surprised to see his home overrun by lizards.

1 Like

Re: Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' by 5thcolm(m): 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
LegendHero:

You dey whyne me ni.

Which GRV? You mean Chinedu? If he enter any election, na Igbo union governorship election.
Something I wonder if you people really believe what you say or you are just joking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Asiwaju Tinubu Visits Amaechi (Pictures) / Leah Sharibu Gives Birth To Second Baby In Boko Haram Captivity / List Of People EFCC Have Invited For Questioning Since Buhari Became President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.