Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence (7339 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 1:10am On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

I didnt shift the goal post. I was very careful to explain early on in the debate what I considered Nollywood.
I will repeat there were not VHS systems or DVD machines in the 1960. Stage plays, Cinema production, theater, musicals could not have been the Nollywood that we see today.
Even the term "Nollywood" is a relatively new term and was first used in 2002.
Are you also going to tell me that the Yoruba tribe created Kannywood?
Don't mind that mugu.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Shokoloko(f): 1:10am On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

Don’t shift the goal posts. Before Igbos started producing 100 movies a month. Yoruba were producing movies. Igbo entered it for money not quality which is why that genre only survived for a short while and now popular in Aba. Don’t use Wiki as a source. It’s not reliable. Can be edited.
You have actually made it easy for me. Yorubas began film-making but the "BUSINESS" of film-making started in Aba.
I was looking for a way to present it and you did justice to it. Great job

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by misano(m): 1:10am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Na LP wan win presidential election? Lol.

PDP would have wob this election if not for obingo.

The North will not vote for an Igbo candidate. They see the Igbos as a big challenge to their interest. The Ibgos can work with part of NC & SS. The SE governors should work on building their region, fight for more powers to the governors. Forget about presidency. The presidency help no one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Dolphinhit: 1:11am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

He rode on PDP structure. Many PDP big wigs supported him.

And they left Atiku?

Who are the many PDP big wigs?

Name 5
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:11am On Mar 19, 2023
ObalaEmma:

Are you even following politics in Nigeria or did you just woke up to retort rubbish. Same PDP that refuse to zone it's primary election to South East even when Atiku agreed to it.
Igbos need to fight for their destiny. The joyful thing is Peter Obi is not turning Lp to a region party, he is carrying every Nigerian a long. You should be glad to be an Igbo man in this era.

The solution is never to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Wike chased him out when the northern coalition wanted to zone presidency to the SE.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by christistruth01: 1:11am On Mar 19, 2023
Peter Obi reintroduced the Caste System to Anambra when he was Governor

There were 3 Castes under him
The Catholics, Anglicans and Pentecostals

With the Catholics being the favoued Master Race to get Jobs and govt favours in the State

The Anglicans and Pentecostals were Outcasts

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by 2mch(m): 1:11am On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

You have actually made it easy for me. Yorubas began film-making but the "BUSINESS" of film-making started in Aba.
I was looking for a way to present it and you did justice to it. Great job
Greed is not business.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:12am On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaA125:

PDP would have won nothing. The 11M it got in 2019 was because of Obi. Atiku is not a credible candidate with good records of transparency that's why he keeps running, always running in Tinubu 's voice grin grin grin

Yes o! PDP has been winning presidential election because of Obi. Oya clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by christistruth01: 1:12am On Mar 19, 2023
Peter Obi reintroduced the Caste System to Anambra when he was Governor

There were 3 Castes under him
The Catholics, Anglicans and Pentecostals

With the Catholics being the favoued Master Race to get Jobs and govt favours in the State

The Anglicans and Pentecostals were Outcasts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:13am On Mar 19, 2023
Dolphinhit:

And they left Atiku?

Who are the many PDP big wigs?

Name 5

Donald duke . Bode George, Okezie, Enugu governor, Benue governor and many others
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:14am On Mar 19, 2023
ObalaEmma:

Hope you know Wike is the next Candidate if Atiku won. Like I said you are so dumb on politics in Nigeria.

Atiku would have handed over to an igboman. PDP will not zone to SS after Jonathan.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by misano(m): 1:14am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Keep dreaming. angry

Edo is going to LP. If LP plays with the minds of Edo, they will win. I am in Edo and that's what is going to happen.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:15am On Mar 19, 2023
misano:

Edo is going to LP. If LP plays with the minds of Edo, they will win. I am in Edo and that's what is going to happen.

angry Keep Dreaming.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Shokoloko(f): 1:16am On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

Greed is not business.
Don't deceive yourself young man. I came to Canada as an immigrant. If I was not greedy for the good things of life, I probably would still be in a call center, or still an accountant.
You have to have long throat, be greedy about the good things of life.
Just make sure that the way you go about getting your goals are mostly ethical. I think Nollywood as an industry has been somewhat ethical. There are more demonic industries.
Whatever you do, my dear one, do not be complacent.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by ObalaEmma: 1:16am On Mar 19, 2023
Ikpaitid:
As someone from the South South, I take only one thing from your stupid post- " The South South are taking our rightful place"
This is the warning I have been giving to all South South people that the Igbos only want to dominate the South South and their game plan is to keep us under that domination as long as possible. The next time I see someone from the South South supporting an Igbo candidate, I will personally deal ruthlessly with such a fool.
Come to lagos and meet your "igbo is dominating me brethren "
Do you even still have land where your grow your food in delta ?
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by smokinloud(m): 1:16am On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

It was only cinema and stage plays available in the sixties. There were no VHS machines or DVDs in the homes of even the upper class Nigerians in the 1960s.
But I am not speaking about documentaries, stage plays, theater, or musicals. am speaking about full-length feature films mass produced and meant to be purchased individually for home viewing
This would be my last response to you on this.
I showed you how Nollywood evolved you jump from Nollywood wood to first vhs.
OPONU SOWENU!.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 1:19am On Mar 19, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

SE is the only zone in Nigèria that has less number of forèîgñèrs.
U are talking about a Yoruba trying that in Onitsha?
Even an Enugu man will not dream of doing that in ABA or Onitsha talk more of a Yoruba, they will sqûàsh u before u think it through.
U don't know SE, u think it's friendly to other people?
Blame ur people for not exploring or travelling beyond their region. Igbos can't force you from ur red mud in Oshogbo or Ogbomosho to come and live in SouthEast. Those with the boldness are doing well for themselves and have integrated with the society. Benin-City, Bayelsa, Cross-River, Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa etc are not Igboland yet ur people are very few there. Primitive mugus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Shokoloko(f): 1:19am On Mar 19, 2023
smokinloud:

This would be my last response to you on this
OPONU SOWENU!.

I really don't care. You do not need to announce to me the sequence of your responses. I understand that your mobile data is finished but I don't give a hoot
And I am sorry, I do not engage in name-calling.
I find that whenever people are losing an argument they resort to attacking the messenger so that the messenger will get angry and forget the message.
I will not fall for that. If you go through my posts you will see that I don't get angry. God has blessed me to a point that I don't get angry - I laugh at situations. I am in a good place. On the other hand you are in Nigeria.
It was only cinema and stage plays available in the sixties. There were no VHS machines or DVDs in the homes of even the upper class Nigerians in the 1960s.
But I am not speaking about documentaries, stage plays, theater, or musicals. am speaking about full-length feature films mass produced and meant to be purchased individually for home viewing

I went through your old posts and saw that you were having a tough time gaining admission into NOUN, maybe that was what caused your anger and made you start to call names.
May God open the doors of NOUN to you. You will surely go to school.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Ikpaitid: 1:19am On Mar 19, 2023
misano:

You are brainless. Sorry to say.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 1:21am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Yes o! PDP has been winning presidential election because of Obi. Oya clap for yourself.
They lost in 2015, 2019, 2023 and will still lose in 2027. Bunch of thieves and rogues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Ikpaitid: 1:22am On Mar 19, 2023
The only brainless people in Nigeria are IPOB refugees who have refused to develop their zone and live there but instead prefer to be refugees in other states. That is what brainless means,meanwhile if war happens again ,all your properties in those states will be seized and looted and you will return back to IPOBLAND empty handed like you did in 1967.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by misano(m): 1:23am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

angry Keep Dreaming.

LP is going to Edo. I am based in Edo. LP is the new kid as long as election in Edo is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:23am On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaA125:

They lost in 2015, 2019, 2023 and will still lose in 2027. Bunch of thieves and rogues.

And obi lost with the in 2015 and 2019 and has also lost in 2023. What a hopeless loser he is.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by 2mch(m): 1:24am On Mar 19, 2023
smokinloud:

This would be my last response to you on this.
I showed you how Nollywood evolved you jump from Nollywood wood to first vhs.
OPONU SOWENU!.
Moses Olaiya even had earlier movies.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 1:24am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Atiku would have handed over to an igboman. PDP will not zone to SS after Jonathan.
Ndo in Igbo.

Kpele in Yoruba.

Atiku will never become President of Nigeria.

Let him go and rest. Nothing for him and those feeding fat from his Dubai Dollars grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:26am On Mar 19, 2023
misano:

LP is going to Edo. I am based in Edo. LP is the new kid as long as election in Edo is concerned.

I repeat. You are a joker.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by misano(m): 1:26am On Mar 19, 2023
Godspikin:

So apt!
You are very on point!

All that you need to do is to make other igbos like you see reason. You understand the issues most of them don't.

They are just overly emotional. Nobody gives power to a people out of pity. Nobody gave the Yorubas.

The structure of the country is already skewed against both the Yorubas and the igbos.

To win a presidential seat one needs to align with others and since politics is a game of numbers, the north is the beautiful bride, particularly the north west. The Yorubas understand this but your brothers see it as weakness, they tag the Yorubas all sort of names, but those who know are aware that the Igbos will never be president in Nigeria with that attitude.

Rather than do a root cause analysis of why igbos keep losing anytime they put forward a candidate from the South East they transfer the bitterness of their loss to the Yorubas.

The problem with this is that it doesn't bring development. The North only one day conquer the entire South. This is not nation building it's all going to fail in the long run.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 1:26am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

And obi lost with the in 2015 and 2019 and has also lost in 2023. What a hopeless loser he is.
Which 2015?? Was Obi on the ballot ??
In 2019, Atiku failed woefully in North and got 11M against Buhari's 15M due to Obi's effect. Calm down, strong Northern alliance is on the way with LP. APC and PDP have nothing to offer Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by ObalaEmma: 1:26am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

That's your Pipe dreams. Wike high handedness in PDP is their undoing stop Blaming Peter Obi, After all Umahi left PDP as a governor because his political ambition wasn't carried along. It was clear to all SE leaders in PDP that you can't dislodge oil bags from Okowa and Wike. Wike even went to Anambra to campaign against Obi and worked with others to throw the primary open.
Igbos need to test their political strength and stop hiding under PDP. Ekwueme has come and go, I am happy Peter Obi did the right thing than lament like Ekwueme.
You can see for the first time, you will agree politically the Yoroubas are seeing the force of Igbo voters. Timubu experimented with this for years before partnering with CPC. It's a stage-by-stage thing. Tinubu presidency isn't a great achievement to the Yoroubas as it's clear to them what brought Tinubu was clearly tribal and religious sentiment. Obi pushed religious sentiment but still faced free-mind voters from the south.
So stop saying all this. Oburo taa ka Nigeria kwewere anyi nkwa.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by misano(m): 1:29am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

I repeat. You are a joker.

Let me give my opinion here. The SE should focus more on building their region to a better place. Igbos are business minded. Trying to wrap them around this Nigeria's national cake of ethnic bigots will not lead to any form of development. It's just nonsense rotation in a mouse wheel.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:30am On Mar 19, 2023
ObalaEmma:

That's your Pipe dreams. Wike high handedness in PDP is their undoing stop Blaming Peter Obi, After all Umahi left PDP as a governor because his political ambition wasn't carried along. It was clear to all SE leaders in PDP that you can't dislodge oil bags from Okowa and Wike. Wike even went to Anambra to campaign against Obi and worked with others to throw the primary open.
Igbos need to test their political strength and stop hiding under PDP. Ekwueme has come and go, I am happy Peter Obi did the right thing than lament like Ekwueme.
You can see for the first time, you will agree politically the Yoroubas are seeing the force of Igbo voters. Timubu experimented with this for years before partnering with CPC. It's a stage-by-stage thing. Tinubu presidency isn't a great achievement to the Yoroubas as it's clear to them what brought Tinubu was clearly tribal and religious sentiment. Obi pushed religious sentiment but still faced free-mind voters from the south.
So stop saying all this. Oburo taa ka Nigeria kwewere anyi nkwa.

Atiku picked obi the last time with these your money bags still in the party. Stop saying what you don't know. Playing fractional sectional politics will not help us. Go back to PDP and build. You have a reliable structure under PDP .
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Dolphinhit: 1:31am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Donald duke . Bode George, Okezie, Enugu governor, Benue governor and many others

Which Okezie, abeg shift. The only person here is Benue state governor. How many votes did Obi get in Benue?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MINISTERIAL LIST: Buhari Dumps Amaechi And Others / Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective / Unauthorized Withdrawal Of NLNG Dividends: NNPC Insists On Full Disclosure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.