Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence (7286 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by otuomasirichi: 12:44am On Mar 19, 2023
Yoruba people sef angry

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 12:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Jnkay:
Tinubu is the worst thing that happened to the Yorubas. See how we Yorubas showed our true colors of tribalism and hatred. How would we feel if Igbos did these to us in Onitsha or Aba. I am really ashamed of the immaturity we Yorubas displayed in this Election. I thought we said we are more educated.

Your people have always had deep rooted and burning hatred for Igbo. I still blame our people for investing in Lagos and SW and neglecting their homeland. Sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by smokinloud(m): 12:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

Young man, if you want to debate with me, do so without name calling. I am the wrongest person to engage in name-calling with
And I am sorry, I do not engage in name-calling.
I find that whenever people are losing an argument they resort to attacking the messenger so that the messenger will get angry and forget the message.
I will not fall for that. If you go through my posts you will see that I don't get angry. God has blessed me to a point that I don't get angry - I laugh at situations. I am in a good place. On the other hand you are in Nigeria.
Nollywood began in Aba (I do not speak of theater, cinema or TV broadcasts). A quick look in google will provide you with these facts
Unserious girl.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Godspikin: 12:47am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:
Peter Obi has single handedly pulled the Igbo nation decades back.

His singular irrational ambition has enthroned APC for at least the next 8 years if not 16. It has enthroned Muslim domination. Igbos have lost our at the center with no clear path of finding our way back.

Obi is the biggest loser in this election. Alex Otti in Abia state would have won even if he contested under Sowore's party. LP will only take Anambra state backwards. Soludo would be fighting more to stay then concentrate on working for the people. Obi is a dangerously ambitious he goat. There's greater polarization between Igbos and Yorubas. The worst since 1967.

It pains me because I'm igbo. No strong Igbo alliance in APC, PDP. The SS are taking our rightful position. The elections are over. We would go back to screaming marginalisation and Biafra while others reap from Nigeria.

Obi should never have happened and he should be taken down. His continued ambition is doing nothing but harm to the average igboman.

So apt!
You are very on point!

All that you need to do is to make other igbos like you see reason. You understand the issues most of them don't.

They are just overly emotional. Nobody gives power to a people out of pity. Nobody gave the Yorubas.

The structure of the country is already skewed against both the Yorubas and the igbos.

To win a presidential seat one needs to align with others and since politics is a game of numbers, the north is the beautiful bride, particularly the north west. The Yorubas understand this but your brothers see it as weakness, they tag the Yorubas all sort of names, but those who know are aware that the Igbos will never be president in Nigeria with that attitude.

Rather than do a root cause analysis of why igbos keep losing anytime they put forward a candidate from the South East they transfer the bitterness of their loss to the Yorubas.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by tsdarkside(m): 12:48am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Ofeke, were ire gi guo eze gi onu. What has the average igboman benefited since Obis emergency?

You now have no path to presidency till at least another 16 years. Other tribes now hate you more. How has obi bettered an average igboman?

yorubas are very angry now....and they are the most tolerant tribe in nigeria....

nna men....this is bad.... undecided undecided
add biafra wahala to it that will follow out of frustrations,then dont even bother sef to try again....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by smokinloud(m): 12:49am On Mar 19, 2023
smokinloud:

Unserious girl.
And even Eddie Ugboma was a native of Delta who was born and bred in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Shokoloko(f): 12:50am On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

Yoruba’s did, we had mass media before most developing countries I hope you know? Ola Balogun and co were producing movies to mass audiences in the 1970’s. Igbowood started in the 90’s.

I just googled Ola Balogun - he started with documentaries, musicals and stage plays performed by Yoruba traveling theatres. He did try a couple of movies which were not successful (incidentally one of his movies was about an Igbo man's unfulfilled journey in Lagos)
I digress, let us go back to Ola Balogun; he seemed to have shot a movie in Brazil and in Ghana, however Nigeria is the subject country, and Nollywood the subject industry

I am including my reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ola_Balogun
But I am not speaking about documentaries, stage plays, theater, or musicals. am speaking about full-lenth feature film,s mass produced and meant to be purchased individually for home viewing

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Dolphinhit: 12:52am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:
Peter Obi has single handedly pulled the Igbo nation decades back.

His singular irrational ambition has enthroned APC for at least the next 8 years if not 16. It has enthroned Muslim domination. Igbos have lost our at the center with no clear path of finding our way back.

Obi is the biggest loser in this election. Alex Otti in Abia state would have won even if he contested under Sowore's party. LP will only take Anambra state backwards. Soludo would be fighting more to stay then concentrate on working for the people. Obi is a dangerously ambitious he goat. There's greater polarization between Igbos and Yorubas. The worst since 1967.

It pains me because I'm igbo. No strong Igbo alliance in APC, PDP. The SS are taking our rightful position. The elections are over. We would go back to screaming marginalisation and Biafra while others reap from Nigeria.

Obi should never have happened and he should be taken down. His continued ambition is doing nothing but harm to the average igboman.

You lack Sense. When you are consciously denied access to what is yours. You don't align, you distrupt the equation.

What obi has done will pay of in a few years.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Shokoloko(f): 12:53am On Mar 19, 2023
smokinloud:

Unserious girl.
It was only cinema and stage plays available in the sixties. There were no VHS machines or DVDs in the homes of even the upper class Nigerians in the 1960s.
But I am not speaking about documentaries, stage plays, theater, or musicals. am speaking about full-length feature films mass produced and meant to be purchased individually for home viewing

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 12:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Dolphinhit:

You lack Sense. When you are consciously denied access to what is yours. You don't align, you distrupt the equation.

What obi has done will pay of in a few years.

Good luck with your disruption oga disruptor. So the north will now vote for you because of obi? Yorubas too? Keep dreaming Mr sensible disruptor.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 12:55am On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

No it didn’t. The pioneers of Nollywood are Yoruba. We have the oldest movies and stage plays. The ones in Aba had to move to Lagos to survive. Do your own research. Lol. Since the days of Pa Ogunde. We don’t boast, we are a humble people.
Iffa slap you eeh. The founder of which Nollywood is Yoruba Nollywood was an offshoot of Igbo local epic play (Osuofiason, Living in Bondage, Rattle Snake) which metamorphose to what is today referred as Nollywood. It has nothing to do with the Yorubas. Be guided accordingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Dolphinhit: 12:56am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Good luck with your disruption oga disruptor. So the north will now vote for you because of obi? Yorubas too? Keep dreaming Mr sensible disruptor.

You don't need their vote. You need war
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 12:57am On Mar 19, 2023
Dolphinhit:

You don't need their vote. You need war

I hope only you and your family fight this war you crave?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Dolphinhit: 12:57am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

By the way what gives you the impression north and Yoruba will not vote him?

Where you the only one that voted him?

You are talking but the real politicians are quite because they know what Obi has done.

When last did you heard from El-rufai?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Dolphinhit: 12:58am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

I hope only you and your family fight this war you crave?

When it come, if you don't fight, you become score.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 12:59am On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaA125:

Iffa slap you eeh. The founder of which Nollywood is Yoruba Nollywood was an offshoot of Igbo local epic play (Osuofiason, Living in Bondage, Rattle Snake) which metamorphose to what is today referred as Nollywood. It has nothing to do with the Yorubas. Be guided accordingly.

Nollywood as a business started in Aba and Onitsha. The distribution hub was pound road in Aba.

But Nigerian films started long ago ... mostly by Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by 2mch(m): 12:59am On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

I just googled Ola Balogun - he started with documentaries, musicals and stage plays performed by Yoruba traveling theatres. He did try a couple of movies which were not successful (incidentally one of his movies was about an Igbo man's unfulfilled journey in Lagos)
I digress, let us go back to Ola Balogun; he seemed to have shot a movie in Brazil and in Ghana, however Nigeria is the subject country, and Nollywood the subject industry

I am including my reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ola_Balogun
But I am not speaking about documentaries, stage plays, theater, or musicals. am speaking about full-lenth feature film,s mass produced and meant to be purchased individually for home viewing
Don’t shift the goal posts. Before Igbos started producing 100 movies a month. Yoruba were producing movies. Igbo entered it for money not quality which is why that genre only survived for a short while and now popular in Aba. Don’t use Wiki as a source. It’s not reliable. Can be edited.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:00am On Mar 19, 2023
Dolphinhit:

By the way what gives you the impression north and Yoruba will not vote him?

Where you the only one that voted him?

You are talking but the real politicians are quite because they know what Obi has done.

When last did you heard from El-rufai?

Lol. Nobody is taking obi serious. grin
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Godspikin: 1:02am On Mar 19, 2023
Jnkay:
Tinubu is the worst thing that happened to the Yorubas. See how we Yorubas showed our true colors of tribalism and hatred. How would we feel if Igbos did these to us in Onitsha or Aba. I am really ashamed of the immaturity we Yorubas displayed in this Election. I thought we said we are more educated.

Abeg rest jare!

You think you know, you don't.

Yorubas are reasonable. You expected people to follow Labour party like zombies and not x-ray the person that was put forward. If Ambode or Doherty had been the candidate, SanwoOlu would have started packing his bags.

GRV was rejected, it's that simple.

He wasn't rejected because his mom or wife is igbo. He was rejected because of his disposition towards the Yorubas, his disposition is anti-yoruba.

Igbos that I know would do the same. Just imagine, someone that was raised by a Yoruba mother, making disparaging comments about the Igbos, they too won't give him a leadership role as sensitive as leading the most promising state government seat, they won't even allow him win a councillor seat.

I know quite a number of brainwashed Yorubas who voted Obi but had to reason rather than follow the bandwagon. That's the essence of education.

So rest bro or rather reason, that's if truly you are Yoruba as claimed.

Not everything you people tag as being tribalistic is actually tribalistic, some are borne out of reasoning and logic but emotions will not let you guys see it as it is, because another Yoruba man on that ticket without the baggage of GRV and with requisite capacity and experience would have won this election.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by misano(m): 1:02am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Not with umu iberibes like yourself that can't see past their nose. Our leaders including obi himself need to realign and go back to building alliance across board. Call obi to order. He should go back to PDP, let's see what we can salvage from the damage.

Oga U are wrong, PDP can never win presidential. PDP must born their umbrella and align with LP.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 1:02am On Mar 19, 2023
smokinloud:

PDP is more a national party than LP. PDP dominates the North. Just an alliance and people will foget LP
Be fooling yourself. Which PDP dominates the North?? You think you are in Obj era abi?? APC has buried PDP in the North due to impunity and bad blood in PDP. Shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Dolphinhit: 1:04am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Lol. Nobody is taking obi serious. grin

Yet he pulled more votes than Kwankwaso after rigging.

The margin from Atiku of PDP is nothing to write home about.

I doubt you cross secondary school

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:04am On Mar 19, 2023
misano:

Oga U are wrong, PDP can never win presidential. PDP must born their umbrella and align with LP.

Na LP wan win presidential election? Lol.

PDP would have wob this election if not for obingo.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by zumbigbo(m): 1:04am On Mar 19, 2023
Dem masturbate over Igbo matter. Learn a trade and feed their family, they say no....

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by ObalaEmma: 1:05am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

We should build alliance. Politics is a give and take. It's not charity. We had the best chance under PDP. Tinubu has played this our mind of politics in the past with ACN and the other Yoruba party and it didn't work. To succeed politically in Nigeria, you need alliance with other regions. We had a strong alliance with the North and South under PDP. We should go back to PDP even though it's late now. Go back to PDP, fight for your sloth . Align with the North and deliver and Igbo presidency.

Obi playing local politics won't take us anywhere.
Are you even following politics in Nigeria or did you just woke up to retort rubbish. Same PDP that refuse to zone it's primary election to South East even when Atiku agreed to it.
Igbos need to fight for their destiny. The joyful thing is Peter Obi is not turning Lp to a region party, he is carrying every Nigerian a long. You should be glad to be an Igbo man in this era.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 1:05am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Nollywood as a business started in Aba and Onitsha. The distribution hub was pound road in Aba.

But Nigerian films started long ago ... mostly by Yorubas.
You are blinded by the fact that ur party PDP lost their traditional SouthEast stronghold to Obi and you are now unhappy with Igbo. I understand reason behind ur response @ the bolded grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by misano(m): 1:06am On Mar 19, 2023
Ikpaitid:
As someone from the South South, I take only one thing from your stupid post- " The South South are taking our rightful place"
This is the warning I have been giving to all South South people that the Igbos only want to dominate the South South and their game plan is to keep us under that domination as long as possible. The next time I see someone from the South South supporting an Igbo candidate, I will personally deal ruthlessly with such a fool.

You are brainless. Sorry to say.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Shokoloko(f): 1:07am On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

Don’t shift the goal posts. Before Igbos started producing 100 movies a month. Yoruba were producing movies. Igbo entered it for money not quality which is why that genre only survived for a short while and now popular in Aba. Don’t use Wiki as a source. It’s not reliable. Can be edited.
I didnt shift the goal post. I was very careful to explain early on in the debate what I considered Nollywood.
I will repeat there were not VHS systems or DVD machines in the 1960. Stage plays, Cinema production, theater, musicals could not have been the Nollywood that we see today.
Even the term "Nollywood" is a relatively new term and was first used in 2002.
Are you also going to tell me that the Yoruba tribe created Kannywood?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Luchitec(m): 1:07am On Mar 19, 2023
Real trash! I just can't comprehend the hatred some Igbo people display towards Peter Obi. The OP talked of building alliance; what has the so-called alliance with the PDP yielded for the Igbos? Nothing.

The OP failed to understand that one positive outcome of the 2023 elections is that politicians, especially in the eastern part of Nigeria will now sit up. This is because the elective power is mostly in the hands of the electorates now.
obailala:
The only he-goat here is the one writing this trash above.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EmekaA125(m): 1:08am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Na LP wan win presidential election? Lol.

PDP would have wob this election if not for obingo.
PDP would have won nothing. The 11M it got in 2019 was because of Obi. Atiku is not a credible candidate with good records of transparency that's why he keeps running, always running in Tinubu 's voice grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by naijapips04: 1:10am On Mar 19, 2023
Dolphinhit:

Yet he pulled more votes than Kwankwaso after rigging.

The margin from Atiku of PDP is nothing to write home about.

I doubt you cross secondary school

He rode on PDP structure. Many PDP big wigs supported him.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by ObalaEmma: 1:10am On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Atiku would have handed over to an igboman. The north will support SE under PDP.
Hope you know Wike is the next Candidate if Atiku won. Like I said you are so dumb on politics in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana / Sanwo-Olu: Target For Completion Of Red, Blue Rail Projects On Course / Hauwa Yusuf, Jigawa APC Women Leader, Supporters Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.