Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" (5643 Views)

Jaja Anucha Nwachukwu Called Lagos 'no Man's Land' In 1947. / African American Woman Disgusted And Ashamed Of The Filth Called Lagos Airport / Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by saintkel(m): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2023
Bigshots001:

Bro,I think I agree with you partially.
But,the logic there on Obi's case was that,it will be improper to elect another Fulani man after 8 years of this Fulani man's administration.
And also being one of the founding members of PDP and having stood with them so far,the party should have compensated the Igbos with the ticket this time around and Atiku wasn't going to do one tenure and already he wanted to pick a sitting governor who can bankroll most of the campaign expenses.Ifeanyi Okowa doesn't really represent an Igboman.
Obi's candidate was first a courageous attempt by the igbos to try their hands on that presidency seat and also fustrated masses trying to do away with these old corrupt baggages of politicians who have rendered the country in a moribund state with their selfishness,greed and corruption.
Atiku was the one who messed up big time and has met his hubris, though Tinubu's emergency was through a fraudulent means,but it's what it's.
Obi might not reclaim any mandate in S.C and this Present APC will do its best to crush LP, because they're the real threat to them now.
But, it's time to start forming alliance now,PO can't do it alone with the little LP as against the giant APC.
PDP,Nnpp and other political parties might be willing to form an alliance,but PO need to shrug off pride and sit down to restrategize.
My own subjective opinion though.
very apt n intelligent...can I copy dis?

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Israel07: 10:52am On Mar 20, 2023
Bigshots001:

Bro,I think I agree with you partially.
But,the logic there on Obi's case was that,it will be improper to elect another Fulani man after 8 years of this Fulani man's administration.
And also being one of the founding members of PDP and having stood with them so far,the party should have compensated the Igbos with the ticket this time around and Atiku wasn't going to do one tenure and already he wanted to pick a sitting governor who can bankroll most of the campaign expenses.Ifeanyi Okowa doesn't really represent an Igboman.
Obi's candidate was first a courageous attempt by the igbos to try their hands on that presidency seat and also fustrated masses trying to do away with these old corrupt baggages of politicians who have rendered the country in a moribund state with their selfishness,greed and corruption.
Atiku was the one who messed up big time and has met his hubris, though Tinubu's emergency was through a fraudulent means,but it's what it's.
Obi might not reclaim any mandate in S.C and this Present APC will do its best to crush LP, because they're the real threat to them now.
But, it's time to start forming alliance now,PO can't do it alone with the little LP as against the giant APC.
PDP,Nnpp and other political parties might be willing to form an alliance,but PO need to shrug off pride and sit down to restrategize.
My own subjective opinion though.

You're right, Atiku and Wike messed the whole thing up? Atiku was just being selfish honestly, A Fulani after a Fulani 'll never fly. Tinibu as APC flag bearer his chances was low too which is y he went for a Muslim instead of a Christian. He uses religion to get votes from the North as that where bloc votes are, if PDP had allowed either PO or Wike and then get a Muslim Northerner as vice it would have been over, PDP killed itself, secondly I was hoping Kwakwanso was going to work with PO too but a typical Fulani man with born to rule mentality destroyed what have given PO a real shot. PO really tried with small LP, he gave APC a run for their money. When I see Yoruba APC people pushing religious narrative against PO i just laugh, Tinibu goin for a Muslim Muslim is something they'll ever take from christians, then they jump to tribalism like what's wrong if Igbos who have never had a shot choose to support their own, they've had both a president and vice so how's it wrong for SE to support PO whom I think is the only Igbo capable at the moment. You see this No man's Land bullshit is one hell of a propaganda that will come back to haunt them. A lame word that's been around since when? All of a sudden it became a basis for propaganda. I just feel pity for Igbos cos we have no true alliance in this country. Hausa's would have been but they themselves are helpless to Fulani's. They don't even have seriki's anymore not to talk of having governor's in their own state. South south feel they want to stand on their own as they see joining forces with us will make them loose access to their own Oil, they see us as a threat. Yorubas will keep hating and betraying us so it's just so difficult. We don't have good leaders in our region either. We now have same Oil in Anambra and Imo, what are we doing with it? A deep seaport in Portharcourt and one in Onitsha is enough to serve the SS and SE and you'll see how this their mighty Lagos will become another Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
DMerciful:
Lagos is in Nigeria so included in our heritage and you cant do nada

Of course Lagos is in Nigeria but you know your real heritage. There is a reason why Nigeria has not abolished state of origin. You can keep denying fact but the facts will stare at you in the face like it did last Saturday. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Healthquest: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me
JAKANDE DIDN'T SAY LAGOS IS A NO MAN'S LAND OOOO...Its the igbos who are trying to repeat this lie do it could become true.

Jakande says LAGOS is "NOT" A NO MAN'S LAND.

Read carefully below, this us Johnson, former Gov of lagos reiterating it

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Bigshots001(m): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
Israel07:

You're right, Atiku and Wike messed the whole thing up? Atiku was just being selfish honestly, A Fulani after a Fulani 'll never fly. Tinibu as APC flag bearer his chances was low too which is y he went for a Muslim instead of a Christian. He uses religion to get votes from the North as that where bloc votes are, if PDP had allowed either PO or Wike and then get a Muslim Northerner as vice it would have been over, PDP killed itself, secondly I was hoping Kwakwanso was going to work with PO too but a typical Fulani man with born to rule mentality destroyed what have given PO a real shot. PO really tried with small LP, he gave APC a run for their money. When I see Yoruba APC people pushing religious narrative against PO i just laugh, Tinibu goin for a Muslim Muslim is something they'll ever take from christians, then they jump to tribalism like what's wrong if Igbos who have never had a shot choose to support their own, they've had both a president and vice so how's it wrong for SE to support PO whom I think is the only Igbo capable at the moment. You see this No man's Land bullshit is one hell of a propaganda that will come back to haunt them. A lame word that's been around since when? All of a sudden it became a basis for propaganda. I just feel pity for Igbos cos we have no true alliance in this country. Hausa's would have been but they themselves are helpless to Fulani's. They don't even have seriki's anymore not to talk of having governor's in their own state. South south feel they want to stand on their own as they see joining forces with us will make them loose access to their own Oil, they see us as a threat. Yorubas will keep hating and betraying us so it's just so difficult. We don't have good leaders in our region either. We now have same Oil in Anambra and Imo, what are we doing with it? A deep seaport in Portharcourt and one in Onitsha is enough to serve the SS and SE and you'll see how this their mighty Lagos will become another Osun state.

You're absolutely correct bro.
Let PO start strategizing and forming trusted alliance now.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Bigshots001(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
saintkel:
very apt n intelligent...can I copy dis?

You're free to do so.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
Last Saturday is just one day, everyday Igbos come to Lagos to establish themselves while you do agbero to collect change from them
Iamzik:

Of course Lagos is in Nigeria but you know your real heritage. There is a reason why Nigeria has not abolished state of origin. You can keep denying fact but the facts will stare at you in the face like it did last Saturday. Cheers
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
DMerciful:
Last Saturday is just one day, everyday Igbos come to Lagos to establish themselves while you do agbero to collect change from them

This generational arrogance and pride is always the undoing of you and your people. You overestimate your self worth. You are always coming to Lagos means that Lagos is accomodating. If Lagos was not accomodating you won't come.

Do your business in peace and don't meddle in local politics. I hope you have learnt one lesson or two from this election

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
What happened in this election that did not happen in 2019 in Lagos? 2027 we will do the same, una nor reach
Iamzik:

This generational arrogance and pride is always the undoing of you and your people. You overestimate your self worth. You are always coming to Lagos means that Lagos is accomodating. If Lagos was not accomodating you won't come.

Do your business in peace and don't meddle in local politics. I hope you have learnt one lesson or two from this election
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2023
DMerciful:
What happened in this election that did not happen in 2019 in Lagos? 2027 we will do the same, una nor reach

So why are you and your people crying?

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
You're actually the ones crying and shouting that you've taught the Igbos a lesson but by next year, number of Igbos in Lagos would increase. Lagos belongs to all Nigerians
Iamzik:

So why are you and your people crying?
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2023
DMerciful:
You're actually the ones crying and shouting that you've taught the Igbos a lesson but by next year, number of Igbos in Lagos would increase. Lagos belongs to all Nigerians

We don't want your number to reduce. We want more of you to come and pay tax in Lagos. Bring in your containers and pay us tax. Please go and bring all your brother's from the East.

But when it comes to election, mind your business. No Yoruba man wants to be governor of Anambra. You cannot dictate who become governor in Lagos no matter how many of you migrate here.

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
If you say no Lagosian want to be governed from Anambra, i can agree with you but same right Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Osun has in Lagos, all Nigerians have equally
Iamzik:

We don't want your number to reduce. We want more of you to come and pay tax in Lagos. Bring in your containers and pay us tax. Please go and bring all your brother's from the East.

But when it comes to election, mind your business. No Yoruba man wants to be governor of Anambra. You cannot dictate who become governor in Lagos no matter how many of you migrate here.

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
DMerciful:
If you say no Lagosian want to be governed from Anambra, i can agree with you but same right Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Osun has in Lagos, all Nigerians have equally

Hahahaha it doesn't work that way kiddo

Ebonyi man cannot contest for Anambra state governor but you want to come all the way from South east to claim right with south westerners.

Some dreams cannot come true but keep dreaming
All south western states are one and you can contest for any position interstate as long as you pally eith the locals.

You people came with all manner of propaganda about developing Lagos, Lagos is no man land, you want to conquer Lagos yada yada and you think that yoruba people will just watch and fold their hands? Go back and conquer south east from unknown gun men who impose sit at home on your parents every Monday
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2023
Why has Lagos indigenes never been governors in Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, Ondo or Ogun?

There is nothing like SW in the constitution,
its just an informal description.

If Yorubas built Lagos, why have they not replicated it elsewhere?

Nigerians built Lagos 100% so Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally
Iamzik:

Hahahaha it doesn't work that way kiddo

Ebonyi man cannot contest for Anambra state governor but you want to come all the way from South east to claim right with south westerners.

Some dreams cannot come true but keep dreaming
All south western states are one and you can contest for any position interstate as long as you pally eith the locals.

You people came with all manner of propaganda about developing Lagos, Lagos is no man land, you want to conquer Lagos yada yada and you think that yoruba people will just watch and fold their hands? Go back and conquer south east from unknown gun men who impose sit at home on your parents every Monday
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2023
DMerciful:
Why has Lagos indigenes never been governors in Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, Ondo or Ogun?

There is nothing like SW in the constitution,
its just an informal description.

If Yorubas built Lagos, why have they not replicated it elsewhere?

Nigerians built Lagos 100% so Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally

No dey get headache ontop Lagos and southwest matter?

Tell me when Enugu man become governor of Anambra. Do your business in peace, pay our taxes and mind your business. Politics in Lagos and southwest is non of your business. Better channel this energy to fight unknown gunmen in your gully erosion infested states that all of you are running away from

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Abagworo(m): 10:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
It was just a propaganda and nothing more

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 10:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Unless you plan to use thugs every election, but if you think we will be cowered not to vote....then you dont know Igbos!
Iamzik:

No dey get headache ontop Lagos and southwest matter?

Tell me when Enugu man become governor of Anambra. Do your business in peace, pay our taxes and mind your business. Politics in Lagos and southwest is non of your business. Better channel this energy to fight unknown gunmen in your gully erosion infested states that all of you are running away from
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
DMerciful:
Unless you plan to use thugs every election, but if you think we will be cowered not to vote....then you dont know Igbos!

Even if they beg you to come out and vote next time you will not agree. Una never see anything
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Napata77: 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
I ACTUALLY SAW AN IGBO WOMAN - A GUEST ON ARISE TV NEWS SAYING, DURING THE CAMPAIGN PERIOD, THAT ''LAGOS IS NOT ANYBODY'S FATHER'S LAND''.

HER EXACT WORDS.

I WAS SHOCKED AT HER EFFRONTERY.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
We saw three years war...you say we never see anything?
Iamzik:

Even if they beg you to come out and vote next time you will not agree. Una never see anything
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Simeonjoe1: 12:20am On Mar 21, 2023
Asgard13:
Igbos allowed Yoruba to use the narrative against them ..

You see in south .. Yoruba control the narratives.. Igbos wil and have always second whatever narratives Yoruba comes up with

Yoruba told them southern President.. they jump at it .. without asking what’s in there for them

Yoruba told them .. they’re slave to PDP.. without thinking how else to get to power .. they left Pdp and jump with Obi..

Knowing they can’t win.. you try warning them.. they’re dashing away this same power to yoruba on a platter of gold.. same people will abuse and call them names .. they shouted you down and call you fool

Yoruba brought the narratives of Lagos na no man’s land .. they bought it and spread .. none counter the Yoruba narratives .. even if na to agree for election diplomacy.. but no.. they brag on top am

Peter not leaving Pdp would have gotten igbos close to power .. with hope of 2027.. now it have taken them back to another …. Years

Op I remembered explaining this to you.. but you believe Obi will win.. all this Supreme Court blahs no for Dey.

But wetin we know..

Hope say Una don learn Una lessons..

Dismantle the Yoruba media and control the southern narratives.. debunk where necessary and make friend and consolidate where matters

Sorry .. you’re asking a very wrong question.. not learning lessons.

Small sense.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Simeonjoe1: 12:45am On Mar 21, 2023
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me

Sir mrvitalis, pls just leave this people they can't justify anything. They've always been using this propaganda line for ages. Same way they use it against Jimi Agbage (or is that one chinedu too).
All these are some of the reasons I never got involved in partisan politics, hatred and propagandas against your fellow man. My heart bleeds for what happened on Saturday, like maligning a whole tribe even beating people old enough to be your father because of what? Like the Bible said man has dominated man to his injury and I don't see that ending anytime soon...

You're one of those I respected so much in this platform the way you hold up to your convictions, even with open provocation you still tends to maintain decorum, respect sir.

Don't expect anybody to show you anything, within your heart you already know they are wrong and they can't justify it( it's unjustifiable and inhumane )

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by OmegaAutos: 1:19am On Mar 21, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
Lagos was once the capital city, how can one people own the capital??

To avoid such is why babangida carry capital go central place, Calabar was once administrative capital too....even the Abuja that is capital is someone's Land

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by RealTalkNoBull: 2:31am On Mar 21, 2023
mrvitalis:
I need name ,quote

Jaja Nwachuku (1947).
Nnamdi Azikiwe (1953)
Michael Okpara (1966)
Nwafor Orizu (1966)
Orji Uzor Kalu (2004)
Nnamdi Kanu (2017)

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 2:37am On Mar 21, 2023
RealTalkNoBull:
Jaja Nwachuku (1947).
Nnamdi Azikiwe (1953)
Michael Okpara (1966)
Nwafor Orizu (1966)
Orji Uzor Kalu (2004)
Nnamdi Kanu (2017)
Yet no video or quote
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by kingsclass: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
2mch:
Una don de lie and backpedal? Don’t let me bring all the posts and articles where Igbo’s were caught and interviewed saying this nonsense. It will only make it worse. You all always want to prove a point and very aggressively. Best you drop this, move on with life and hope for the best.
I am yet to see any evidence, which means this is just APC campaign propaganda to make sure they win the Governorship ticket in Lagos.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by thatigboman: 12:38am On Apr 25, 2023
seunmsg:

Lagos state was never FCT. Lagos Island, a tiny part of Lagos state was once FCT and that ended 31 years ago. So, the Yoruba people of Lagos owns Lagos.
see this one
Lagos City was the capital of Nigeria not lagos island. Lagos City comprises the island and mainland. Mainland like yaba, surulere, onyigbo and the rest. Islands -apapa, lagos, ikoyi and VI. Lagos island was just the CBD.
And no, yoruba do not own an inch of lagos. Yorubas are migrants in lagos just like any other tribe.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Akungitit: 12:44am On Apr 25, 2023
It doesn't matter, just go back to your village. Nobody wants to see your face in Lagos. Try and develop your own village.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arise Tv Would Have To Sack Rufai Oseni / Which Is Beter Civilan Or Military Government. / Peter Obi Currently Being Rubbished On AIT (tune In)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.