Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" (5653 Views)

Jaja Anucha Nwachukwu Called Lagos 'no Man's Land' In 1947. / African American Woman Disgusted And Ashamed Of The Filth Called Lagos Airport / Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
Inspite of everything, Igbos benefit more from Nigeria than any other nationality.

You guys don't know what winning is! Igbos vote for economic reasons why others vote for tribal reasons
Asgard13:

When last was an igboman on a ticket..

Did Yoruba ask this question in 2014 .. when they went to bed with Fulani and humbly paying second fiddle even Against the wish of the south

Abi no be same Gej was the first to call Tinubu

Una over confidence killed igbos and their dream

Yesterday is gone.. and with your level of pride . Most Igbos will make same mistake..

Oya come carry igbo man go aso rock make we see sa e wan happen

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

You are the only person who answered the question.
From this, Igbos seem to have thrown the first stone.
there is absolutely no prove jaja said that .. absolutely none ... someone just said he said

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
there is absolutely no prove jaja said that .. absolutely none ... someone just said he said
That is why I used the word "seem" because Jaja is dead and cannot defend himself
Meanwhile I am surprised that an Igbo person goes by the name Jaja and Wachukwu instead of Nwachukwu.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by OkutaNla: 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol are you quoting jaja nwachukwu or someone saying what he thinks jaja said ?

The onus is on you to prove that he didn't say it. Let his family and living progeny come out and deny that he said it. As for you, you're just an inconsequential troll.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
They ask you to bring the quote and you're threatening to bring the quotes
2mch:
Una don de lie and backpedal? Don’t let me bring all the posts and articles where Igbo’s were caught and interviewed saying this nonsense. It will only make it worse. You all always want to prove a point and very aggressively. Best you drop this, move on with life and hope for the best.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Bigshots001(m): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asgard13:

Okay..

Obi will not have won Tinubu on a Pdp ticket

Atiku wasn’t looking for a cash cow

Obj tricked Obi to make way for his kinsman

Bankers group are not yet ready to win elections in Nigeria.. but to protect interest

A united Pdp would have been party in position of swearing in

OBi won’t have that opportunity again .. fire is out and it’s back to Pdp/ Apc

Igbo on their own.. can never get close

This is the reality

Whatever bro, it's depressing thinking it from this angle.
What's this,is this a country or a branch of hellfire on earth?

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

I dare you to bring them forward
First person to coin the term. An Igbo man for tribal and political reasons. Then I will keep posting the proof here. You people are not very smart. We Yoruba are excellent at documenting things.

https://guardian.ng/opinion/which-lagos-is-a-no-mans-land/

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

That is why I used the word "seem" because Jaja is dead and cannot defend himself
Meanwhile I am surprised that an Igbo person goes by the name Jaja and Wachukwu instead of Nwachukwu.
Lol Igbos are different ...very difficult to most of us to hear each other ......it's very different
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by tamdun: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

Seun, This is a classic example of social media warfare. [b]
[b]No proof that this person is Igbo
Peter says "no protest" yet this guy is dismissing Peter's instructions and ordering a protest.
Second, it is not possible for an Igbo man to gather a group including Hausas and Yorubas and start educating them on how Igbos will subdue them. It is not possible.

Anybod can join such discussion on twitter,it is a public discussion,in fact that how we knew that u guys are planning to remove our monarch
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by tamdun: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Faceless group ? Lmfao tell me something better abeg
It's not faceless
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
Read the quote again...he said Lagos is a city for all Nigerians and this is true to this day!
Shokoloko:

You are the only person who answered the question.
From this, Igbos seem to have thrown the first stone.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by quickly: 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me

They have been saying on the street and online for years and now that social media is everywhere it’s coming into peoples timeline.

Lagosians don’t want outsiders to the SW control their politics especially when those outsiders don’t let ppl control in their home state. Be u Hausa or Igbo

That is the simple gist

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
tamdun:

Anybod can join such discussion on twitter,it is a public discussion,in fact that how we knew that u guys are planning to remove our monarch
The intonation is not Igbo. The way the guy pronounced words is not Igbo. Igbos never pronounce "chased" as "chazed" or "remove' as "raymove". He is not Igbo

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Ttalk: 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jaja Wachukwu was the first Igbo man to claim Lagos is no man's land. Since then every Nyanmiri on social media has been taunting Yoruba about how they are going to take over Lagos. This is the result of some brainless Igbo who knows nothing else aside trolling the Yoruba
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by AnyanwuSilas: 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
SmartPolician:

Orji Uzo Kalu when he had issues with Fashola as governor.

It raised a lot of tension between the two tribes.

Where was it said? Any link to prove it?
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
OkutaNla:

The onus is on you to prove that he didn't say it. Let his family and living progeny come out and deny that he said it. As for you, you're just an inconsequential troll.
It's on you to prove he said it ...didn't you go to school ?

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
He who alleges proves, not the other way round
OkutaNla:

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

First person to coin the term. An Igbo man for tribal and political reasons. Then I will keep posting the proof here. You people are not very smart. We Yoruba are excellent at documenting things.

You are quoting what someone said about someone ...show us transcript of the meeting where jaja made the statement ...

3 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

You said you had[b] lots [/b]of proof. Someone else has already posted this one. Bring more. We want to learn
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
quickly:

They have been saying on the street and online for years and now that social media is everywhere it’s coming into peoples timeline.

Lagosians don’t want outsiders to the SW control their politics especially when those outsiders don’t let ppl control in their home state. Be u Hausa or Igbo

That is the simple gist
So you are saying u have no quote , video or picture to show ?

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by tamdun: 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
OkutaNla:

Actually, Jaja Wachukwu (first speaker of the house of reps) might have uttered the phrase before Zik did. It stirred up a storm at the time as well.
Omo,so e don Tey,their eyes don dey Lagos since 1947
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Difrent: 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me

Here
https://www.thehistoryville.com/lagos/
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by LegendHero(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
OkutaNla:

Actually, Jaja Wachukwu (first speaker of the house of reps) might have uttered the phrase before Zik did. It stirred up a storm at the time as well.

You’re right.

However Wachukwu and all Azikiwe guys are NCNC folks and they are the one that always utter those statement “Lagos is no man’s land” back then.

NCNC guys are fond of saying that and you also have some Saros within their midst and they use that to launch their divide and conquer tactics.

Akintola made reference to Azikiwe making that statement in some of his speech back then and I’ve also seen it other texts I’ve seen about Zik saying same.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
Read your quote and see why he used the term in 1947. Also, in your wisdon, people of 2023 should be held accountable for what someone said in 1947 out of noble intentions?
2mch:

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by tamdun: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
Azikiwe? How many years ago?

Clearly, you guys are pushing a propaganda to deceive sane Yorubas
Did u just said how many yrs ago?
Are ur people not using it on nairaland and twitter
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by OkutaNla: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

It's on you to prove he said it ...didn't you go to school ?

Nigga are you ok?? It's right there in his Wikipedia page. It's been there for years, and nobody deemed it fit to disprove it. You're barking at the wrong tree, punk.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Ola260: 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
Goodmarlian:
Yorubas are naturally foolish fulanis have beein grabbingg their land since 16th century them np talk pim now they are claiming existencial threat las las them and fulani go fight over this tinubu issue make we dey watch film.
Sorry Oo
Igbo that is naturally wise.
U just made one of those point no one want to associate with u.
Natural hatred and enmity towards others progress.
Oga we would rather allow Fulani grab land that useless igbo.
Very irritating creatures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
There's nothing like SW constitutionally. Lagosians are oppressed actually by other Yorubas from other states
quickly:

That is the simple gist
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by doublewisdom: 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
The Yorubas began and sold the ideology of No man's land for public sympathy and political reasons. Now the ideology has picked momentum and will continue to grow and will be actualized.

3 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
If you dont know that Lagos, little by little has been taken then you're too slow
Ttalk:
Haha Wachukwu was the first Igbo man to claim Lagos is no man's land. Since then every Nyanmiri on social media has been taunting Yoruba about how they are going to take over Lagos. This is the result of some brainless Igbo who knows nothing else aside trolling the Yoruba
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Difrent:

Here
https://www.thehistoryville.com/lagos/

This is just propaganda you guys are pushing ...yet nor video or record of both men saying it ?
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
OkutaNla:

Nigga are you ok?? It's right there in his Wikipedia page. It's been there for years, and nobody deemed it fit to disprove it. You're barking at the wrong tree, punk.
Wikipedia that u can edit ? Lmfao ...again did you go to school ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Niger Coup: Names Of Country That Has Sent Support Troups To Niger Against Ecowa / Questions For Sanusi Lamido Sanusi / Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.