Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" (5553 Views)

Jaja Anucha Nwachukwu Called Lagos 'no Man's Land' In 1947. / African American Woman Disgusted And Ashamed Of The Filth Called Lagos Airport / Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by MrColdsweat: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
wingmanIII:
See how foolish they all look. No one can substantiate that igbos as a group ever declared Lagos a no man's land. These tribalistic APC goons created this propaganda for their selfish goals out of fear after they lost the presidential election in Lagos.
My worry is that majority of educated Yorubas bought into this primitive propaganda. Nigeria is doomed. The future looks bleak

Yarrubas are not educated. They are just experts at swallowing their own lies.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jogs1900:

https://drbiggie./2015/04/25/lagos-state-is-no-mans-land-according-to-some-of-my-igbo-brothers-then-who-own-lagos-state-full-article/

It's a lengthy article though .Azikwe too called Lagos a no mans land(Lagos in this context could be Lagos island because there was no Lagos state then and places like Ikorodu, Epe, ikeja were not under Lagos then.

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

So I just wasted my time opening a link to a blog. Please refrain from referring me to blogs.
This is a serious claim that people are trying to get to the bottom of. Blogs don't count.
You seek to avoid the obvious. You are denying now as if you have not seen all the threads on Nairaland and the insults. It has gone too far. It’s too late. We don’t need to prove anything to you! We have seen, heard and read it. You have been out in your place and this is just the start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 0monnak0da: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
Now you understand what have been saying. When you celebrate most investments coming to Lagos and celebrate Lagos increasing cosmopolitan development, what do you think happens to the traditional preservation of Lagos?

You can't have your cake and eat it!
You are just lamenting impotently and incoherently
What is your point?

What has embracing English language and Christianity done to traditional preservation of the Ibos?
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

You seek to avoid the obvious. You are denying now as if you have not seen all the threads on Nairaland and the insults. It has gone too far. It’s too late. We don’t need to prove anything to you! We have seen, heard and read it. You have been out in your place and this is just the start.
Nairaland is a faceless forum. I can create as many as 10 monikers with Igbo names and tell you that Lagos is no man's land.
This particular person in the screenshot below has been claiming to be Igbo, but from his intonation he is not.
You cannot prove it because you have no proof. Its that simple.
Any "obvious" without proof is a figment of your imagination

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

Nairaland is a faceless forum. I can create as many as 10 monikers with Igbo names and tell you that Lagos is no man's land.
This particular person in the screenshot below has been claiming to be Igbo, but from his intonation he is not.
You cannot prove it because you have no proof. Its that simple.
Any "obvious" without proof is a figment of your imagination
Now it is a faceless forum. You think we are stupid? You people really know how to tell lies don’t you? Is this a cultural thing they raise you with? This is just a curious question. It is cowardice to now start to deny an anthem that is well know and attributed to the Igbo’s in Lagos because you have seen a sample of the reaction from inciteful statements and mockery. Some tribes are taught not to forget. So before you run your mouth and then come and try to deny in our faces. Remember that. Now we are alert and you will feel it.

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lagos was Nigeria's capital from 1914 to 1990. Whatever semantics you use, doesn't change this fact.

The aggression towards Igbos in the last election has little to do with Igbos...its the realization that Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally and if free and fair elections are conducted, tribalistic Yorubas will lose because sane Yorubas will always be on the side of the true progressives.

You're in the same position the red indians were long ago....they cant talk of owning America now....Lagos is following same trajectory
0monnak0da:

You just talk like a clown all the time
When did Nigeria become FEDERAL?
Nigeria has not had federal government that long
LIKE I SAID
study this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil

I speak with facts not assumption

Lagos has funded Nigeria not the other way round
Not argument
Open and educate yourself

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 0monnak0da: 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
Lagos was Nigeria's capital from 1914 to 1990. Whatever semantics you use, doesn't change this fact.

The aggression towards Igbos in the last election has little to do with Igbos...its the realization that Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally and if free and fair elections are conducted, tribalistic Yorubas will lose because sane Yorubas will always be on the side of the true progressives
Define Lagos

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:

The aggression towards Igbos in the last election has little to do with Igbos...its the realization that Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally and if free and fair elections are conducted, tribalistic Yorubas will lose because sane Yorubas will always be on the side of the true progressives
Full dose is still coming. You will cry last. You think you have mouth and can talk anyhow? You will learn humility.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by ChiefJusticeFuc: 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me

So it comes down to this ?

Outright denial ?

OK.

Let's go back to Zik and how he fought tooth and nail to have Lagos not included into the then western region and demanded it remain a federal capital independent and seoerate from all regions.

Zik stated that Lagos having been administered as the first British protectorate remains no man's land .

Awolowo then threatened to secede from Nigeria prior to independence with Lagos to which Azikiwe called the British authoroty's attention to charge Awolowo for treason against the crown. This was despite Azikiwe being one of the most vocal and frontline politicians clamouring for an end to British colonial rule.

According to Zik, Nigeria must remain intact as an independent nation with Lagos designated as a federal capital separate from western Nigeria's control.

What part of federal capital do you not understand connotes a free for all no man's land ?

All this rubbish can be traced to the Marxist Zik

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

Now it is a faceless forum. You think we are stupid? You people really know how to tell lies don’t you? Is this a cultural thing they raise you with? This is just a curious question. It is cowardice to now start to deny an anthem that is well know and attributed to the Igbo’s in Lagos because you have seen a sample of the reaction from inciteful statements and mockery. Some tribes are taught not to forget. So before you run your mouth and then come and try to deny in our faces. Remember that. Now we are alert and you will feel it.
I have told you before that name-calling is like water off a duck's back for me. I don't recognize or react to it. I'm too settled for that. There is a level that God will settle you that you cannot get angry.
Now pray tell, how exactly are you going to make me feel your wrath all the way from Canada?
How are you going to make Obi Cubana and Genevieve Nnaji and Joe Igbokwe feel your wrath? Are you guys also going to hurt GRV's mother grin grin grin?

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
There is nothing the eyes will see that it will bleed. Una nor reach. Do you know how many Igbos that were killed in Kano since the 1940s? How many millions of Igbos in Kano today? Una nor reach
2mch:

Full dose is still coming. You will cry last. You think you have mouth and can talk anyhow? You will learn humility.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
You're in the same position the red indians were long ago....they cant talk of owning America now....Lagos is following same trajectory

Is Lagos a Yoruba name? All other Yoruba states have Yoruba name except Lagos
0monnak0da:

Define Lagos
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

I have told you before that name-calling is like water off a duck's back for me. I don't recognize or react to it. I'm too settled for that. There is a level that God will settle you that you cannot get angry.
Now pray tell how exactly are you going to make me feel your wrath all the way from Canada?
Well name calling and reckless talking has led to the point of the elections you witnessed which is making you cry for proof. You think we are fools? You talk recklessly and just expect to walk away scot free. What a joke. Every action and speech has consequences.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
There is nothing the eyes will see that it will bleed. Una nor reach. Do you know how many Igbos that were killed in Kano since the 1940s? How many millions of Igbos in Kano today? Una nor reach
Na why dem de use una do Suya for north every year. It’s like you were born to be sacrificed.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

Well name calling and reckless talking has led to the point of the elections you witnessed which is making you cry for proof. You think we are fools? You talk recklessly and just expect to walk away scot free. What a joke. Every action and speech has consequences.
I dont recognise your name-calling. I've been settled. I can type from now till tomorrow non-stop, but you have to be watching your mobile data or else it will finish. Tell me how you want to deal with people like Obi Cubana, and Joe Igbokwe and Genevieve Nnaji and Orji Uzo Kalu.
You can't. Its all talk.
By the way, I am already scot-free, but you are not. You are actually the one in bondage. After all this debate you have to check your mobile data and then go check the level of fuel in your generator so that you will not sleep in extreme heat tonight.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by tamdun: 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

You are quoting what someone said about someone ...show us transcript of the meeting where jaja made the statement ...
Why not tell him to go and wake Jaja Wachukwu up from grave

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by biaframaster200: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me

The first person who stood in the public and call Lagos state no-mans land is Jaja wachukwu...the then Minister for Foreign Affairs. During the Tafawa Balewa government. ...

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

So it comes down to this ?

Outright denial ?

OK.

Let's go back to Zik and how he fought tooth and nail to have Lagos not included into the then western region and demanded it remain a federal capital independent and seoerate from all regions.

Zik stated that Lagos having been administered as the first British protectorate remains no man's land .

Awolowo then threatened to secede from Nigeria prior to independence with Lagos to which Azikiwe called the British authoroty's attention to charge Awolowo for treason against the crown. This was despite Azikiwe being one of the most vocal and frontline politicians clamouring for an end to British colonial rule.

According to Zik, Nigeria must remain intact as an independent nation with Lagos designated as a federal capital separate from western Nigeria's control.

What part of federal capital do you not understand connotes a free for all no man's land ?

All this rubbish can be traced to the Marxist Zik

No quote ?
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
biaframaster200:

The first person who stood in the public and call Lagos state no-mans land is Jaja wachukwu...the then Minister for Foreign Affairs. During the Tafawa Balewa government. ...
What date ,what meeting

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by ChikezieU(m): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
seunmsg:

I can bet you also missed this.
https://twitter.com/sanusiiolaide/status/1637005745630658560?s=46&t=3fw4lqYliFfJG1ofA019tg

So is this the prove that Igbo said Lagos is a no mans, land...

Black mail runs in your blood but honesty I don't blame you

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by MikeofAfrica: 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:
Is this OP new on Nairaland or is he just being plain naive? It has been stated and implied even by Peter obi himself.

We need an evidence where Peter Obi called Lagos no man's land.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

I dont recognise your name-calling. I've been settled. I can type from now till tomorrow non-stop, but you have to be watching your mobile data or else it will finish. Tell me how you want to deal with people like Obi Cubana, and Joe Igbokwe and Genevieve Nnaji and Orji Uzo Kalu.
You can't. Its all talk.
By the way, I am already scot-free, but you are not. You are actually the one in bondage. After all this debate you have to check your mobile data and then go check the level of fuel in your generator so that you will not sleep in extreme heat tonight.
Ok. We will see. Who is Genevieve Nnaji? Who is Orji Uzo Kalu and Obi Cubana in Lagos? You will learn the hard way. It seems you come from a tribe of stubborn goats that always want to be dealt with before you learn. Peace and respect as a human being is weakness to you! Like I said, words and actions all have consequences. After you speak it, it is up to the person you insulted to react however they deem fit. All those you mentioned are nobodies in Lagos.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

Ok. We will see. Who is Genevieve Nnaji? Who is Orji Uzo Kalu and Obi Cubana in Lagos? You will learn the hard way. It seems you come from a tribe of stubborn goats that always want to be dealt with before you learn. Peace and respect as a human being is weakness to you! Like I said, words and actions all have consequences. After you speak it, it is up to the person you insulted to react however they deem fit. All those you mentioned are nobodies in Lagos.
grin grin grin grin grin I'd like to see you deal with me first.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Melanyn(m): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
His name was Jaja Wachukwu... Nigeria first Speaker
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 4mable: 5:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
I need name ,quote

My brother many, personally 2 of them we work together were vocal about it just because LP score more votes in the presidential in Lagos, I even recorded some of their rants on whatsapp
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
I need name ,quote

Nnamdi Azikiwe, he said so about 70 years old. You can do a research on that

By the way Nnamdi Azikiwe once won at elective post in Lagos
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by BeingAkorede(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
doublewisdom:
The Yorubas began and sold the ideology of No man's land for public sympathy and political reasons. Now the ideology has picked momentum and will continue to grow and will be actualized.

In 1947?

Come on...!
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 0monnak0da: 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:

Is Lagos a Yoruba name? All other Yoruba states have Yoruba name except Lagos
First define what you mean by Lagos
All these bitter vituperations are becoming circular. Where is this love and concern coming from?
Obi lost get over yourself

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by BentizilL: 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
Lagos was once the capital city, how can one people own the capital??
This your comment is one of the reason we dealth with Igbo yesterday...
Yoruba own Lagos and that's not even up for argument.. 🤷
The only problem I've with Igbo is that Lagos no man's land tag, we won't take that shit from you...

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by BeingAkorede(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
Read your quote and see why he used the term in 1947. Also, in your wisdon, people of 2023 should be held accountable for what someone said in 1947 out of noble intentions?

You may go to the tribunal to defend that too

Moreover, what's the point in exaggerating?
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Nnamdi Azikiwe, he said so about 70 years old. You can do a research on that

By the way Nnamdi Azikiwe once won at elective post in Lagos
Proof sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Close BBC Hausa Before Closing Radio Biafra- Naija Delta Youths Tell Buhari / The Meaning Of The Biafran Flag / Bayelsa Election And Arms Proliferation, Hate Speech, Illegal Immigrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.