Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" (5541 Views)

Jaja Anucha Nwachukwu Called Lagos 'no Man's Land' In 1947. / African American Woman Disgusted And Ashamed Of The Filth Called Lagos Airport / Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by excanny: 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
It's an APC propaganda to remain in power

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mployer(m): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
They should quote the Igbo man.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Urheadmaster(m): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
I think it was Buhari
mployer:
They should quote the Igbo man.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
I'm still waiting ooh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by GodinDaFlesh: 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lagos was once the capital city, how can one people own the capital??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by SmartPolician: 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
I'm still waiting ooh

Orji Uzo Kalu when he had issues with Fashola as governor.

It raised a lot of tension between the two tribes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by seunmsg(m): 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me

I can bet you also missed this.
https://twitter.com/sanusiiolaide/status/1637005745630658560?s=46&t=3fw4lqYliFfJG1ofA019tg

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by seunmsg(m): 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:

Lagos state was never FCT. Lagos Island, a tiny part of Lagos state was once FCT and that ended 31 years ago. So, the Yoruba people of Lagos owns Lagos.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Asgard13: 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
Igbos allowed Yoruba to use the narrative against them ..

You see in south .. Yoruba control the narratives.. Igbos wil and have always second whatever narratives Yoruba comes up with

Yoruba told them southern President.. they jump at it .. without asking what’s in there for them

Yoruba told them .. they’re slave to PDP.. without thinking how else to get to power .. they left Pdp and jump with Obi..

Knowing they can’t win.. you try warning them.. they’re dashing away this same power to yoruba on a platter of gold.. same people will abuse and call them names .. they shouted you down and call you fool

Yoruba brought the narratives of Lagos na no man’s land .. they bought it and spread .. none counter the Yoruba narratives .. even if na to agree for election diplomacy.. but no.. they brag on top am

Peter not leaving Pdp would have gotten igbos close to power .. with hope of 2027.. now it have taken them back to another …. Years

Op I remembered explaining this to you.. but you believe Obi will win.. all this Supreme Court blahs no for Dey.

But wetin we know..

Hope say Una don learn Una lessons..

Dismantle the Yoruba media and control the southern narratives.. debunk where necessary and make friend and consolidate where matters

Sorry .. you’re asking a very wrong question.. not learning lessons.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Hueyreckless0007: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2023

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
seunmsg:

https://twitter.com/sanusiiolaide/status/1637005745630658560?s=46&t=3fw4lqYliFfJG1ofA019tg
Seun, This is a classic example of social media warfare. [b]
[b]No proof that this person is Igbo
Peter says "no protest" yet this guy is dismissing Peter's instructions and ordering a protest.
Second, it is not possible for an Igbo man to gather a group including Hausas and Yorubas and start educating them on how Igbos will subdue them. It is not possible.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
seunmsg:

Faceless group ? Lmfao tell me something better abeg

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
SmartPolician:

Orji Uzo Kalu when he had issues with Fashola as governor.

He raised a lot of tension between the two tribes.
Link or Shu.t up

8 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by naijapips04: 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Is this OP new on Nairaland or is he just being plain naive? It has been stated and implied even by Peter obi himself.

6 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by datola: 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:

They have come to answer the Op
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by nonhuman(m): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
seunmsg:

I just use this link to check where it was stated by any Igbo that Lagos is a no mans land I am yet to see any

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by providencia(m): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hueyreckless0007:

Watch how they ignore this..

That is a propaganda video with author of no name, posted to tarnish the image of LP. The op question is not answered yet. Which igbo man called lagos a no man's land

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:
Is this OP new on Nairaland or is he just being plain naive? It has been stated and implied even by Peter obi himself.
Source for Peter Obi especially??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Hueyreckless0007: 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
L..
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asgard13:
Igbos allowed Yoruba to use the narrative against them ..

You see in south .. Yoruba control the narratives.. Igbos wil and have always second whatever narratives Yoruba comes up with

Yoruba told them southern President.. they jump at it .. without asking what’s in there for them

Yoruba told them .. they’re slave to PDP.. without thinking how else to get to power .. they left Pdp and jump with Obi..

Knowing they can’t win.. you try warning them.. they’re dashing away this same power to yoruba on a platter of gold.. same people will abuse and call them names .. they shouted you down and call you fool

Yoruba brought the narratives of Lagos na no man’s land .. they bought it and spread .. none counter the Yoruba narratives .. even if na to agree for election diplomacy.. but no.. they brag on top am

Peter not leaving Pdp would have gotten igbos close to power .. with hope of 2027.. now it have taken them back to another …. Years

Op I remembered explaining this to you.. but you believe Obi will win.. all this Supreme Court blahs no for Dey.

But wetin we know..

Hope say Una don learn Una lessons..

Dismantle the Yoruba media and control the southern narratives.. debunk where necessary and make friend and consolidate where matters

Sorry .. you’re asking a very wrong question.. not learning lessons.
Has the north ever voted for an Igbo man ? ...if PDP is not ready to let an Igbo man fly the flag they should forget igbo votes

12 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by naijapips04: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

Source for Peter Obi especially??

Stated and implied. Why would obi come all the way from Anambra to come and mobilize election in Ladipo market in Lagos state. Obi did not even campaign for his candidates in Anambra until the last day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:
.quote na ...drop quote

3 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Stated and implied. Why would obi come all the way from Anambra to come and mobilize election in Ladipo market in Lagos state. Obi did not even campaign for his candidates in Anambra until the last day.

Quote for the implied comments

9 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by LegendHero(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
I need name ,quote

It was Azikiwe that first used that phrase “Lagos is no man’s land”.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by kettykin: 3:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
There is no link or proof of any igbo calling Lagos no man's land , even if an igbo did it why is someone stereotyping the whole igbos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hueyreckless0007:

F**k outta here..

Is that not an Igbo man's voice??
No sir, listen to the intonation - this person pronounces the word "chased" as "chazed" and pronounces the word "remove" as "raymove"
That is not the Igbo pronounciation. A typical Igbo person will pronounce "chased" as "chessed" and pronounce "remove" as "rumove"
I am from the South-south so I know which tribe has this intonation but as not to stir up strife I wont mention what I think.

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Statement source please. Lets look it up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
LegendHero:

It was Azikiwe that first used that phrase “Lagos is no man’s land”.
Source? We want to learn

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Jogs1900: 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
Azikwe and OUK did
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by powerhouse3(m): 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
My people say, etang eno ndukpo etang eno unen.. meaning as you're cautioning the hawk also caution the hen not to flaunt itself around the hawk...

The Chinese are doing well in tech because while In US they play dumb until the grab and the west can't push them aside now

The Igbo need diplomacy and the need to calm down too....

I read in 48 laws of power how a travellers was complaining about the indigene market and the people swallow him up..

Alots of Yoruba support Obi but utterance Spoil GRV chance ,... lastly Yoruba should show me any Yoruba state that's as developed as Lagos...
Warri could have been more vibrant than Lagos but indigene high headiness and constant bully see the town become now a den of yahoo boys and pos operator...the company are all gone........

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom People Should See This (picture) / Jos: 3 Killed, 2 Wounded, 19 Youths Arrested In Fresh Attack / Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.