Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,160 members, 7,835,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" (5649 Views)

Jaja Anucha Nwachukwu Called Lagos 'no Man's Land' In 1947. / African American Woman Disgusted And Ashamed Of The Filth Called Lagos Airport / Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
Igbo land is the entire Nigeria!
0monnak0da:

Stop repeating Lagos obsessively
What is your definition of LAGOS
Do you even have a vision for Ibos or Iboeland?
We will create a Lagoon state soon carving out Lagos city and you can fight over that
We are always ahead
No matter How fast you run you will never overtake the road
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
Zik was the first to called Lagos a no man's land in 1946
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

We have busted the lies of ironsi killing regional system

Show me the Igbo that called Lagos a no man's land ..ok during this election period

It was first called a no man's land by Nnamdi Azikiwe about 70 years ago. You may get some of the books written by Zik of Africa
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
Igbo land is the entire Nigeria!

That was the premise when Zik said Nigeria's unity was not negotiable
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

It was first called a no man's land by Nnamdi Azikiwe about 70 years ago. You may get some of the books written by Zik of Africa
Provide the speech and get 100k

The speech he said it

https://www.tvcnews.tv/2021/02/flashback-jakandes-inaugural-address-as-lagos-state-governor-in-1979/

This is the speech jakande called Lagos a no man's land

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Provide the speech and get 100k

The speech he said it

https://www.tvcnews.tv/2021/02/flashback-jakandes-inaugural-address-as-lagos-state-governor-in-1979/

This is the speech jakande called Lagos a no man's land

Jakande reechoed what was said by Zik 30 years earlier.

Do you know that Zik was elected by Lagosians into a political posts

Do you know that he tried to contest for the post of the Premier of Western Nigeria.

Do you know the role he played in rigging out Awolowo as the Premier of Western Nigeria in 1963 which paved way for his stooge Ladoke Akintola

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by wingmanIII: 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Yarrubas are not educated. They are just experts at swallowing their own lies.
Honestly, it's shameful to be in the same country with these animals!!

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by wingmanIII: 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
daygee12:

All Igbos in Lagos state , during the Presidential election after LP won APC all my Igbo colleagues were mocking me that they have told me tha Lagos is no man's land

Bloody shameless liar. So your "colleagues" are the igbos calling Lagos no man's land, and for that igbos shouldn't be allowed to vote in Lagos State. I actually believed Yorubas were intelligent. Show of shame!
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by wingmanIII: 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Do you know that he tried to contest for the post of the Premier of Western Nigeria.

Do you know the role he played in rigging out Awolowo as the Premier of Western Nigeria in 1963 which paved way for his stooge Ladoke Akintola

Akintola , Zik stooge?? Jeez I thought akintola was Ahmadu bellos boy. You guys are fucking ignorant and stuppeed!!
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by wingmanIII: 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
Somebody should give us evidence of igbos declaring Lagos a no man's land in 2023. Many drunken posters keep referring to 1947, 1950 etc, nothing recent. Just to show you how desperate ruthless APC politicians used their head

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 8:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Drop the speech na
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
wingmanIII:

Akintola , Zik stooge?? Jeez I thought akintola was Ahmadu bellos boy. You guys are fucking ignorant and stuppeed!!

Stooge of Tafawa Balewa and not Ahmadu Bello. Ahmadu Bello was the Premier of the Northern Region, while Akintola was the Premier of the Western Region
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
Are yorubas the only ones that developed Lagos?

Yorubas are not the only ones that developed Lagos
Hausas are not the only ones that developed Kano
Igbos are not the only ones that developed Aba

But It is only igbos that will go to another man's state and call it no man land. Since your are so good at developing go and develop the South East. If you must stay here, then do your business quietly, respect the indigens and mind your business

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
They asked you to provide where a notable person said it and y'all went mute.

If you're not pushing a false narrative, why not say Igbos call Ekiti a no man's land? Or Osun, or Oyo? Why Lagos?

Lagos is not a Yoruba name, it was developed 100% by Nigerian resources so Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally
Iamzik:

Yorubas are not the only ones that developed Lagos
Hausas are not the only ones that developed Kano
Igbos are not the only ones that developed Aba

But It is only igbos that will go to another man's state and call it no man land. Since your are so good at developing go and develop the South East. If you must stay here, then do your business quietly, respect the indigens and mind your business

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
They asked you to provide where a notable person said it and y'all went mute.

If you're not pushing a false narrative, why not say Igbos call Ekiti a no man's land? Or Osun, or Oyo? Why Lagos?

Lagos is not a Yoruba name, it was developed 100% by Nigerian resources so Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally

I believe you have a smartphone and you can access Google. But since you don't know how to search let me help you

Jaja wachukwu said it
Nnamdi Azikiwe repeated it
Orji uzo kalu repeated same
And your brothers are chorusing it on twitter, WhatsApp and tiktok

Igbo is the only tribe in this whole country that will settle in another state and want to displace the indigens.

Lagos is not Yoruba name...i see it is igbo name.

You guys overestimate your worth and importance. You better calm down and borrow yourself sense
Do your business, earn your money, respect your host community and live in peace. A word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
You're just making noise. You're calling dead people and holding the living responsible.

Orji Uzo Kalu said it yet you guys always support Kalu because he is in APC!

Why are Yoruba states not deceloped like Lagos if indeed Yorubas developed Lagos?

Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally because Nigerian resources was used to develop Lagos
Iamzik:

I believe you have a smartphone and you can access Google. But since you don't know how to search let me help you

Jaja wachukwu said it
Nnamdi Azikiwe repeated it
Orji uzo kalu repeated same
And your brothers are chorusing it on twitter, WhatsApp and tiktok

Igbo is the only tribe in this whole country that will settle in another state and want to displace the indigens.

Lagos is not Yoruba name...i see it is igbo name.

You guys overestimate your worth and importance. You better calm down and borrow yourself sense
Do your business, earn your money, respect your host community and live in peace. A word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by daygee12: 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
wingmanIII:

Bloody shameless liar. So your "colleagues" are the igbos calling Lagos no man's land, and for that igbos shouldn't be allowed to vote in Lagos State. I actually believed Yorubas were intelligent. Show of shame!

Dey play , u can't even buy Land in Anambra if u are igbo from another state talkless of Yoruba. Boy go and sit down and wait for the next order from Obi or Kanu

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by wingmanIII: 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Stooge of Tafawa Balewa and not Ahmadu Bello. Ahmadu Bello was the Premier of the Northern Region, while Akintola was the Premier of the Western Region
Nah! Even tafawa balewa reported to Ahmadu Bello. He was the defacto leader . He delegated Balewa to represent him.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Backpedal: 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
SmartPolician:

Orji Uzo Kalu when he had issues with Fashola as governor.

It raised a lot of tension between the two tribes.
So how does the view of one man echo the thinking of an entire ethnic group ?

You see how stuppid the whole situation is ?

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Backpedal: 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
wingmanIII:
Somebody should give us evidence of igbos declaring Lagos a no man's land in 2023. Many drunken posters keep referring to 1947, 1950 etc, nothing recent. Just to show you how desperate ruthless APC politicians used their head

Yea
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
You're just making noise. You're calling dead people and holding the living responsible.

Orji Uzo Kalu said it yet you guys always support Kalu because he is in APC!

Why are Yoruba states not deceloped like Lagos if indeed Yorubas developed Lagos?

Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally because Nigerian resources was used to develop Lagos

Lokoja was once colonial capital, same with Calabar but you won't hear settlers competing with indegenes to install a governor there.

I have nothing more to say to you.
All animals are equal but some are more Equal than others. If you like continue doing attache on other states while your own state gets washed away by gully erosion

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Backpedal: 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
Difrent:

There may not be videos....that was 1947.
You may not know or pretending but the animosity among igbos and yorubas started that way back.
Apart from Jaja nwachukwu, in the build up to independence people like Geoffrey onyemas father reechoed the Lagos as no mans Land sentiments justifying it with the fact that Lagos albeit Lagos island was FCT but Awo countered them and vehemently opposed the idea insisting Lagos is Yorubaland and should remain yorubaland and part of western region even offering to help build a new FCT but Zik and other igbo leaders opposed him.
That wasnt enough Zik also sought to be western region premier after installing an igboman as eastern region premier....so its beeen Long that igbos have sought to control politial power in yorubaland for whatever reason.....i guess they feel yorubas are docile and since fulanis were able to slice ilorin they could as we slice off some part of yorubaland

Now see how many of you are looking stupid

So something said DECADES AGO according to you dullards is what was used to gaslight Yoruba people in 2023 about ?

There was no modern reference to Lagos being called a "no mans land" by Majority of the people you guys so hate
U know it
And I do
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
You guys see Lagos as your heritage while Igbos see the whole of Nigeria and the world as our heritage. See the difference?
Iamzik:

Lokoja was once colonial capital, same with Calabar but you won't hear settlers competing with indegenes to install a governor there.

I have nothing more to say to you.
All animals are equal but some are more Equal than others. If you like continue doing attache on other states while your own state gets washed away by gully erosion

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Iamzik: 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
You guys see Lagos as your heritage while Igbos see the whole of Nigeria and the world as our heritage. See the difference?

That's right, Lagos is yoruba heritage just like Anambra is Igbo heritage.

Go and contest for governor of the world.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 4mable: 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Your palls that u pointed out to be attacked ?
never pointed out them to be attacked only anonymously said what they are echoing, as a matter of fact one of them is lodging with me tonight, no one should be attacked based on their opinion on certain matters but should be intellectually educated.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 4mable: 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
wingmanIII:

some i erroneously typed all, it is wrong to stop anyone from voting in any part of Nigeria, it is wrong to attack people base on their personal opinion even when they are wrong,

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lagos is in Nigeria so included in our heritage and you cant do nada
Iamzik:

That's right, Lagos is yoruba heritage just like Anambra is Igbo heritage.

Go and contest for governor of the world.

Thank you
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 7:24am On Mar 20, 2023
4mable:
never pointed out them to be attacked only anonymously said what they are echoing, as a matter of fact one of them is lodging with me tonight, no one should be attacked based on their opinion on certain matters but should be intellectually educated.
Lodging with you Lmfao
Im happy Yorubas have finally been exposed

No tribe would ever trust you even from million miles
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by biaframaster200: 8:16am On Mar 20, 2023
mrvitalis:

What date ,what meeting

Go.and some of.some of your elderly in your community more about the history ... don't ask me...
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 4mable: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lodging with you Lmfao
Im happy Yorubas have finally been exposed

No tribe would ever trust you even from million miles
A Just man have nothing to fear,if you know how we Yoruba trust Ibo"s, you won't spew this, My closest allies am sure can die for me are Ibo's , they love me so much, they often follow my choice, they were not just happy I supported Tinubu over Obi and I gave them genuie facts some later see reasons but few remain adamant despite seeing the true picture, One thing is certain many Yoruba's love Ibo's than their kinsmen but when you see a better choice politically some think it due to tribal affinity, the truth will prevail.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 10:31am On Mar 20, 2023
4mable:
A Just man have nothing to fear,if you know how we Yoruba trust Ibo"s, you won't spew this, My closest allies am sure can die for me are Ibo's , they love me so much, they often follow my choice, they were not just happy I supported Tinubu over Obi and I gave them genuie facts some later see reasons but few remain adamant despite seeing the true picture, One thing is certain many Yoruba's love Ibo's than their kinsmen but when you see a better choice politically some think it due to tribal affinity, the truth will prevail.
You trust Igbos yet have never supported any Igbo interest , never voted and Igbo man

Oga stop that lamba e done cast
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by saintkel(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2023
Shokoloko:

No sir, listen to the intonation - this person pronounces the word "chased" as "chazed" and pronounces the word "remove" as "raymove"
That is not the Igbo pronounciation. A typical Igbo person will pronounce "chased" as "chessed" and pronounce "remove" as "rumove"
I am from the South-south so I know which tribe has this intonation but as not to stir up strife I wont mention what I think.
pls mention it....Igbos have suffered so much from something they know nothing about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 12, Abducts One In Borno / An Imam Who Converted To Christianity / Stupid Igbo Lady (journalist) In Presidential Taskforce Briefing On Covid19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.