Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" (5656 Views)

Jaja Anucha Nwachukwu Called Lagos 'no Man's Land' In 1947. / African American Woman Disgusted And Ashamed Of The Filth Called Lagos Airport / Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jogs1900:
Azikwe and OUK did
Source please. We want to learn

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hueyreckless0007:

Watch how they ignore this..
I didn't ignore. I responded.
Can you counter my argument? You can try but I doubt you will make a headway

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Bigshots001(m): 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asgard13:
Igbos allowed Yoruba to use the narrative against them ..

You see in south .. Yoruba control the narratives.. Igbos wil and have always second whatever narratives Yoruba comes up with

Yoruba told them southern President.. they jump at it .. without asking what’s in there for them

Yoruba told them .. they’re slave to PDP.. without thinking how else to get to power .. they left Pdp and jump with Obi..

Knowing they can’t win.. you try warning them.. they’re dashing away this same power to yoruba on a platter of gold.. same people will abuse and call them names .. they shouted you down and call you fool

Yoruba brought the narratives of Lagos na no man’s land .. they bought it and spread .. none counter the Yoruba narratives .. even if na to agree for election diplomacy.. but no.. they brag on top am

Peter not leaving Pdp would have gotten igbos close to power .. with hope of 2027.. now it have taken them back to another …. Years

Op I remembered explaining this to you.. but you believe Obi will win.. all this Supreme Court blahs no for Dey.

But wetin we know..

Hope say Una don learn Una lessons..

Dismantle the Yoruba media and control the southern narratives.. debunk where necessary and make friend and consolidate where matters

Sorry .. you’re asking a very wrong question.. not learning lessons.

Bro,I think I agree with you partially.
But,the logic there on Obi's case was that,it will be improper to elect another Fulani man after 8 years of this Fulani man's administration.
And also being one of the founding members of PDP and having stood with them so far,the party should have compensated the Igbos with the ticket this time around and Atiku wasn't going to do one tenure and already he wanted to pick a sitting governor who can bankroll most of the campaign expenses.Ifeanyi Okowa doesn't really represent an Igboman.
Obi's candidate was first a courageous attempt by the igbos to try their hands on that presidency seat and also fustrated masses trying to do away with these old corrupt baggages of politicians who have rendered the country in a moribund state with their selfishness,greed and corruption.
Atiku was the one who messed up big time and has met his hubris, though Tinubu's emergency was through a fraudulent means,but it's what it's.
Obi might not reclaim any mandate in S.C and this Present APC will do its best to crush LP, because they're the real threat to them now.
But, it's time to start forming alliance now,PO can't do it alone with the little LP as against the giant APC.
PDP,Nnpp and other political parties might be willing to form an alliance,but PO need to shrug off pride and sit down to restrategize.
My own subjective opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
LegendHero:

It was Azikiwe that first used that phrase “Lagos is no man’s land”.
Drop quote ooh ooh date , Venue or video

5 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Masterito(m): 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
It is a propanganda fuelled by APC who felt threatened of losing to their strong hold to Labour Party.
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me

5 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by tunjiajayi: 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Go and ask your forefathers.

Yamree
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by BeardedmeatR(m): 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hueyreckless0007:

F**k outta here..

Is that not an Igbo man's voice??
Didn't MC oluomo pay an igbo woman to become Mama Chukudi?

6 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Asgard13: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Has the north ever voted for an Igbo man ? ...if PDP is not ready to let an Igbo man fly the flag they should forget igbo votes

When last was an igboman on a ticket..

Did Yoruba ask this question in 2014 .. when they went to bed with Fulani and humbly paying second fiddle even Against the wish of the south

Abi no be same Gej was the first to call Tinubu

Una over confidence killed igbos and their dream

Yesterday is gone.. and with your level of pride . Most Igbos will make same mistake..

Oya come carry igbo man go aso rock make we see sa e wan happen
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by MadamExcellency: 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
seunmsg:

I can bet you also missed this.
https://twitter.com/sanusiiolaide/status/1637005745630658560?s=46&t=3fw4lqYliFfJG1ofA019tg

it was a Yoruba man that called Lagos State a no man's land.

4 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Asgard13: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
Bigshots001:

Bro,I think I agree with you partially.
But,the logic there on Obi's case was that,it will be improper to elect another Fulani man after 8 years of this Fulani man's administration.
And also being one of the founding members of PDP and having stood with them so far,the party should have compensated the Igbos with the ticket this time around and Atiku wasn't going to do one tenure and already he wanted to pick a sitting governor who can bankroll most of the campaign expenses.Ifeanyi Okowa doesn't really represent an Igboman.
Obi's candidate was first a courageous attempt by the igbos to try their hands on that presidency seat and also fustrated masses trying to do away with these old corrupt baggages of politicians who have rendered the country in a moribund state with their selfishness,greed and corruption.
Atiku was the one who messed up big time and has met his hubris, though Tinubu's emergency was through a fraudulent means,but it's what it's.
Obi might not reclaim any mandate in S.C and this Present APC will do its best to crush LP, because they're the real threat to them now.
But, it's time to start forming alliance now,PO can't do it alone with the little LP as against the giant APC.
PDP,Nnpp and other political parties might be willing to form an alliance,but PO need to shrug off pride and sit down to restrategize.
My own subjective opinion though.

Okay..

Obi will not have won Tinubu on a Pdp ticket

Atiku wasn’t looking for a cash cow

Obj tricked Obi to make way for his kinsman

Bankers group are not yet ready to win elections in Nigeria.. but to protect interest

A united Pdp would have been party in position of swearing in

OBi won’t have that opportunity again .. fire is out and it’s back to Pdp/ Apc

Igbo on their own.. can never get close

This is the reality
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Beremx(f): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
seunmsg:

I can bet you also missed this.
https://twitter.com/sanusiiolaide/status/1637005745630658560?s=46&t=3fw4lqYliFfJG1ofA019tg
I thought you were one of the most sophisticated Yoruba men on nairaland? You just proved me wrong. What does this voice note prove? Even the idiots commenting on the Twitter page are very dumb. That voice note doesn't prove anything. In this era of propaganda, a Yoruba man can be behind the voice, who knows?

8 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asgard13:

Did Yoruba ask this question in 2014 .. when they went to bed with Fulani and humbly paying second fiddle even Against the wish of the south

Yesterday is gone.. and with your level of pride . Most Igbos will make same mistake..

Igbos would not vote PDP till Igbo man fly PDP flag on the presidential election

We would keep wasting our votes m..win without Igbos if you can

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
Is Orji Kanu not in APC? Is he not supporting APC, Bubu and Tinubu?
SmartPolician:

Orji Uzo Kalu when he had issues with Fashola as governor.

He raised a lot of tension between the two tribes.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Una don de lie and backpedal? Don’t let me bring all the posts and articles where Igbo’s were caught and interviewed saying this nonsense. It will only make it worse. You all always want to prove a point and very aggressively. Best you drop this, move on with life and hope for the best.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
Beremx:
I thought you were one of the most sophisticated Yoruba men on nairaland? You just proved me wrong. What does this voice note prove? Even the idiots commenting on the Twitter page are very dumb. That voice note doesn't prove anything. In this era of propaganda, a Yoruba man can be behind the voice, who knows?

You are right. I recognize that intonation very well. And that is not an Igbo intonation.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
Credible source or keep quiet
naijapips04:
Is this OP new on Nairaland or is he just being plain naive? It has been stated and implied even by Peter obi himself.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:
Una don de lie and backpedal? Don’t let me bring all the posts and articles where Igbo’s were caught and interviewed saying this nonsense. It will only make it worse. You all always want to prove a point and very aggressively. Best you drop this, move on with life and hope for the best.
Bro, bring them out. Bring your sources. We want to get to the root of the matter. No more he said and she said.
Show us your source.

3 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
Who is the person? Someone notable?
Hueyreckless0007:

F**k outta here..

Is that not an Igbo man's voice??
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by OkutaNla: 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
LegendHero:

Actually, Jaja Wachukwu (first speaker of the house of reps) might have uttered the phrase before Zik did. It stirred up a storm at the time as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Beremx(f): 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

You are right. I recognize that intonation very well. And that is not an Igbo intonation.
the voice isn't igbo. If you hear an igbo voice, it is recognizable. For the fact that some Yorubas were commenting on Twitter concerning the VN, I am really ashamed on their behalf

6 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asgard13:

Yorubas voted north twice Igbos have voted PDP north twice so what's your point

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
Azikiwe? How many years ago?

Clearly, you guys are pushing a propaganda to deceive sane Yorubas
LegendHero:

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by ObalaEmma: 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

Seun, This is a classic example of social media warfare. [b]
[b]No proof that this person is Igbo
Peter says "no protest" yet this guy is dismissing Peter's instructions and ordering a protest.
Second, it is not possible for an Igbo man to gather a group including Hausas and Yorubas and start educating them on how Igbos will subdue them. It is not possible.

Don't disturb yourself on Bigots. They are so good with fabricated news to suit their tribal sentiment.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
Nigerians cannot moderate how Igbos should behave, so relax. The successes of the Igbos cannot be tamed.
powerhouse3:
My people say, etang eno ndukpo etang eno unen.. meaning as you're cautioning the hawk also caution the hen not to flaunt itself around the hawk...

The Chinese are doing well in tech because while In US they play dumb until the grab and the west can't push them aside now

The Igbo need diplomacy and the need to calm down too....

I read in 48 laws of power how a travellers was complaining about the indigene market and the people swallow him up..

Alots of Yoruba support Obi but utterance Spoil GRV chance ,... lastly Yoruba should show me any Yoruba state that's as developed as Lagos...
Warri could have been more vibrant than Lagos but indigene high headiness and constant bully see the town become now a den of yahoo boys and pos operator...the company are all gone........

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asgard13:

Okay..

Obi will not have won Tinubu on a Pdp ticket

Atiku wasn’t looking for a cash cow

Obj tricked Obi to make way for his kinsman

Bankers group are not yet ready to win elections in Nigeria.. but to protect interest

A united Pdp would have been party in position of swearing in

OBi won’t have that opportunity again .. fire is out and it’s back to Pdp/ Apc

Igbo on their own.. can never get close

This is the reality
Igbos on their own can't get close ...fine ...is there any tribe that can get close on their own ?

Please name what Igbos should do to build bridge that we haven't done
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:
I dare you to bring them forward
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by ObalaEmma: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
Beremx:
the voice isn't igbo. If you hear an igbo voice, it is recognizable. For the fact that some Yorubas were commenting on Twitter concerning the VN, I am really ashamed on their behalf
This is their only proof of igbos trying to claim Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
OkutaNla:

Actually, Jaja Wachukwu (first speaker of the house of reps) might have uttered the phrase before Zik did. It stirred up a storm at the time as well.
You are the only person who answered the question.
From this, Igbos seem to have thrown the first stone.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:
Bro, we are waiting for your proof of ALL the numerous articles where Igbos said this

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
OkutaNla:

Lol are you quoting jaja nwachukwu or someone saying what he thinks jaja said ?

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Beremx(f): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
ObalaEmma:

This is their biggest proof of igbos trying to claim Lagos.
no Igbo is claiming Lagos. That's your figment of imagination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CSU Certificate; Tinubu Determined To Serve Nigerians, Won’t Be Distracted, APC / World Poorest President Donates All His Salary To Charity / My Experience In Aba While On A Two Day Business Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.