Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba (25335 Views)

APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo / Chyna Iwuanyanwu Is Dead / Atiku Visits Owerri, Meets Iwuanyanwu And Others (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Tzar(m): 1:46am On Mar 26, 2023
Until Igbos start calling the SE no man’s land, I don’t believe this.

3 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Aldol: 2:15am On Mar 26, 2023
Is it the video I watched yesterday or another one.? I clearly heard when he said Yoruba are political rascals and we will deal with them. Why do you people lie over everything to save face

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Aldol: 2:18am On Mar 26, 2023
sharone21:

Being victimized is not easy and so he said it out of anger.

Someone said if ur tribe were to be Igbos who have been hurt and marginalized for long, u would have since gotten ur Oduduwa country.

Instead of annoying the Igbos more, I expected apologies but the reverse is the case.

I used to think Yorubas have the most home training but my interactions with some for few years now and what I see online seems like the reverse.

And when kasala burst now, dem go run away.

I no be Igbo but I dislike this thing u do every election time and still want them to pay tax and be brotherly towards u.
Na this thing una do till Fulani take over your land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by MightySparrow: 2:41am On Mar 26, 2023
Yoruba can never fight igbos but the bad analysis mouthed ones should keep watch over their mouths.

Every decent person will resist comments that can bringi bad blood between the tribes. It is good we live together in harmony.

To say my ancestral home belong to every Chinedu or Danladi is not acceptable in the market place or politics.
Stay at your respectable distance.

2 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Deadlytruth(m): 4:17am On Mar 26, 2023
I watched the event live on Channels yesterday and Iwanyawu clearly and unequivocally said that "Yorubas are political rascals".
But the most interesting irony which none of the Yoruba commentators here seem to be bothered about is the fact that Obasanjo (an acclaimed Yoruba elder) was right there when Iwanyawu said so but when he (OBJ) later got the opportunity to speak, he didn't make any point of correction to Iwanyawu but chose to allege Igbophobia against other Nigerian ethnicities thus pretending not to see that Iwanyawu's kind of unprovoked outburst which had just happened right before his eyes is one of the causes of that Igbophobia.
How a fully grown Yoruba elder would see an Igbo elder calling his people political rascals right in his presence but ignore it and play the ostrich by turning around to accuse other Nigerians as having a phobia for the same Igbo nation is simply disingenuous. If I were a Yoruba person, I would see a bigger insult to Yoruba race in Obasanjo's conduct than in Iwanyawu's outburst.
I dare say here that a good number of Yorubas are as guilty as Obasanjo as far as this ostrich playing is concerned all in a bid to seek a non-existent southern unity even in the face of provocations and speeches from Igbos which stand as unassailable evidences to the contrary.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 4:52am On Mar 26, 2023
That is What he said and he was cheered
It is really shameful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 4:53am On Mar 26, 2023
MadarasBlade:

Oga you're a nobody!! Don't mention me again, you never chop. Please find your kind to argue with abeg.

You forgot to add you can feed his generation

2 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by raskymonojendor: 5:04am On Mar 26, 2023
MightySparrow:
Yoruba can never fight igbos but the bad analysis mouthed ones should keep watch over their mouths.

Every decent person will resist comments that can bringi bad blood between the tribes. It is good we live together in harmony.

To say my ancestral home belong to every Chinedu or Danladi is not acceptable in the market place or politics.
Stay at your respectable distance.
Ibos born in Lagos or Ibadan or any SW towns/states are generally cool and fun to be with. They often understand the culture and the language. It's the "johnny just come" ibos or the ones based in the SE that always causes problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Cubeman: 5:07am On Mar 26, 2023
Luvingsoul:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. Almighty God meet you at the point of your needs, amen.
Please my name is Angel
G.TBank
I see this everyday. Are you always sick and down with malaria everyday?
Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by MightySparrow: 5:31am On Mar 26, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Ibos born in Lagos or Ibadan or any SW towns/states are generally cool and fun to be with. They often understand the culture and the language. It's the "johnny just come" ibos or the ones based in the SE that always causes problems.

True brother. They create problem and run back to SE those that lose their businesses will be suffering. The other time that one clown of politician promised to raise the stool of Eze ndigbo to equal that of Oba of Lagos, it spark outrage to every part of Yorubaland. People were not happy.
He created problem for igbos and PDP.
We were discussing the issue somewhere, you could see displeasure in the faces of people from Ondo, Osun, Ogun.
It dawn on me that time that any misbehaviour in Lagos could create problem for Igbos in other parts of Yorubaland.
And these people apart from the stupid ones are peace loving.

2 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Kaysalas(m): 5:37am On Mar 26, 2023
smile11s:
Related story.

Staying In Lagos As A Biafran And Challenging Me To Come Home Is The Definition Of Confusion - Simon Ekpa Tells Those Asking Him To Return To Nigeria.

https://gist.am/q/staying-in-lagos-as-a-biafran-and-challenging-me-to-come-home-is-the-definition
Fir the first time, I agree with Simon Ekpa. Never knew he was this intelligent grin
Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by kayzeesoft(m): 5:37am On Mar 26, 2023
omonnakoda:
Did he say" Yorubas are rascals. "?
That is disrespectful
That's what he said.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by mfm04622: 5:38am On Mar 26, 2023
Yorubalandlord:
To those people spreading fake news that chairman of the council of elders, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, said that we yorubas are political bastards.
He can't say that, he clearly said that those destroying Igbo properties in Lagos were “political rascals”.

Can we sensible yorubas see what Apc yorubas( tinubu urchins) have caused, they are clearly the ones these message is for, those yorubas destroyingg ibos properties are political rascals, I affirm to what he said.

Please Apc yorubas(tinubu urchins) stop bringing hate and bad name to we hospitable yorubas at large.

Post the video ! You are a liar! Post the video, let us hear what he said directly from his mouth.

You can't be a Yoruba and be defending people who hate you, who have shown over time they want to dominate you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Kaysalas(m): 5:39am On Mar 26, 2023
Benez:

Pls send your phone number. I will send the video to you on watsapp
He knows what he is doing. He isn't ignorant. Yorubas heard that man loud and clear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by mfm04622: 5:41am On Mar 26, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

https://www.thecable.ng/iwuanyanwu-there-is-no-war-between-igbo-and-yoruba/amp

You can't succeed in your hatchet job until you post the unedited video of what he said so we can all hear it by ourselves!

This is a classic case of gaslighting!

You can't fool all the people all the time!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Kaysalas(m): 5:45am On Mar 26, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Amen in Jesus name

Abeg we are family, we don't want war oh...

Let's unite and make Nigerian great again...

God bless yoruba
God bless igbo
God bless hausa/fulani

You are making sense, but we can only have peace if we learn to respect, understand and appreciate our differences. We, Yorubas have made it categorically clear since the 1950s that we don't want non-yoruba interference in Yoruba politics but it seems some people from across the Niger, nor dey hear word.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by mfm04622: 5:46am On Mar 26, 2023
Deadlytruth:
I watched the event live on Channels yesterday and Iwanyawu clearly and unequivocally said that "Yorubas are political rascals".
But the most interesting irony which none of the Yoruba commentators here seem to be bothered about is the fact that Obasanjo (an acclaimed Yoruba elder) was right there when Iwanyawu said so but when he (OBJ) later got the opportunity to speak, he didn't make any point of correction to Iwanyawu but chose to allege Igbophobia against other Nigerian ethnicities thus pretending not to see that Iwanyawu's kind of unprovoked outburst which had just happened right before his eyes is one of the causes of that Igbophobia.
How a fully grown Yoruba elder would see an Igbo elder calling his people political rascals right in his presence but ignore it and play the ostrich by turning around to accuse other Nigerians as having a phobia for the same Igbo nation is simply disingenuous. If I were a Yoruba person, I would see a bigger insult to Yoruba race in Obasanjo's conduct than in Iwanyawu's outburst.
I dare say here that a good number of Yorubas are as guilty as Obasanjo as far as this ostrich playing is concerned all in a bid to seek a non-existent southern unity even in the face of provocations and speeches from Igbos which stand as unassailable evidences to the contrary.

I can't say it better!!!!
In fact, the OBJ hiding his head in sand is the most disturbing!!!!
I need some to ask Iwanyawu how they will handle us! That is a threat security agencies should not handle with kids glove! That is how they stated raising funds for IPOB, claiming Fulani are killing them!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by sparko1(m): 6:26am On Mar 26, 2023
sharone21:

Being victimized is not easy and so he said it out of anger.

Someone said if ur tribe were to be Igbos who have been hurt and marginalized for long, u would have since gotten ur Oduduwa country.

Instead of annoying the Igbos more, I expected apologies but the reverse is the case.

I used to think Yorubas have the most home training but my interactions with some for few years now and what I see online seems like the reverse.

And when kasala burst now, dem go run away.

I no be Igbo but I dislike this thing u do every election time and still want them to pay tax and be brotherly towards u.

Firstly, as an elder statesman, he should never have said such, that will cause more harm.

Apologise for what exactly, when ipod killed some people in the east, do you expect the whole igbos to apologise, this comment makes no sense, the thug that destroyed things during election, did it for personal reasons, they are thugs.

Make no mistake, when kasala burst, everyone will feel it, the Yorubas in Lagos might be soft, but there are yoruba states that even igbo knowns should never be drawn into this.

Instead of fanning this flame of war, we should desist from spreading it, trust me, when it starts, there is no distinguishing factor, anybody that doesn't look like yoruba or Fulani is an igbo to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by CursedOsuPigs: 6:41am On Mar 26, 2023
Yorubalandlord:
To those people spreading fake news that chairman of the council of elders, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, said that we yorubas are political bastards.
He can't say that, he clearly said that those destroying Igbo properties in Lagos were “political rascals”.

Can we sensible yorubas see what Apc yorubas( tinubu urchins) have caused, they are clearly the ones these message is for, those yorubas destroyingg ibos properties are political rascals, I affirm to what he said.

Please Apc yorubas(tinubu urchins) stop bringing hate and bad name to we hospitable yorubas at large.

This mbaise man! Will you keep kwayet! We heard what he said loud and clear. At the appropriate time, we will respond.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Gaabasky: 6:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Yorubas (whole ethnic group) are just a political rascal(accepted- that is how they called them since time of Awolola, operation wet e) we are going to handle them( highly unnecessary statement. - handle your kids or childrens).
The man needs to be mindful of his statement.
Let the peace reign. My best friend in school was an Igbo man from Enugu state, a Catholic. He made me love his tribe and his religion.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Yorubalandlord(m): 6:45am On Mar 26, 2023
CursedOsuPigs:

This mbaise man! Will you keep kwayet! We heard what he said loud and clear. At the appropriate time, we will respond.
Kiddo
Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Enemyofpeace: 6:48am On Mar 26, 2023
There is o. Stop lying. My igbo babe has been behaving funny since after the elections, but I like it like that. The girl is too expenses for me to maintain sef

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Jsucre(m): 6:51am On Mar 26, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

by your comment we shall know your tribe and ellu peee poo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Jsucre(m): 6:55am On Mar 26, 2023
They never learn a lesson. Just a chest beater set of people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Abiliboi: 6:59am On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
We are all one(Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, Igbo) irrespective of tribe or who we support.

Verbally. Politically it's a scam. The last election revealed a lot.
Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by gamechanger547: 7:00am On Mar 26, 2023
Hmm!

NIGERIAN NEWS 2023 ELECTIONS METRO
We can't be opposition's punching bag forever, soon we'll react
Femi Fani-Kayode
25th March, 2023
By Femi Fani-Kayode
As a consequence of the events of the last few days I am constrained to say that, like a rabid and mad dog that is foaming at the mouth, the Nigerian opposition, represented by the followers of Atiku Abubakar (Atikulators) and the followers of Peter Obi (Obidients), have lost control of their senses.
They need to get a grip before it is too late. They are attempting to start something that they cannot finish and that they cannot possibly fathom the end of.
They are beating the drums of war and are indulging in a level of irresponsible and downright dangerous behaviour that has NEVER been witnessed before in the annals of the history of our politics.
Be rest assured that had it not been for impartiality, strong resolve, persistent interventions and sheer professionalism of our intelligence agencies and particularly the DSS who have worked day and night to keep the peace and stop us from tearing each other apart, we would have trod that disasterous path and met a bitter end long ago.
The signals are not good and, unless they exercise restraint, reflect sobriety and change course quickly, it is clear that our nation will soon find itself in a cataclysmic and monumental struggle between the forces of light and darkness, the likes of which have never been seen before.
Permit me to offer some free and unsolicited advice to them and to those that are stoking their insufferable and rabid arrogance, intransigence and belligerence from behind the scenes.
That advice is as follows.
Peace is priceless and unity is a fundamental pre-requisite to progress and prosperity: you must learn to cherish them both.
That you have lost today does not mean you will lose forever.
I counsel you to calm down, purge yourself of hate, sheath your sword of war, drop your dastardly game plan and not so hidden agenda to establish an Interim Government, desist from displaying madness, bend the knee and bow to your President-elect, refrain from weaponising falsehood, act within the law and, if you must, make your protestations quietly in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility and there will be no problems.
Go to court, if you must, and state your case with respect, dignity and decorum and I assure you that, no matter the outcome, there will be NO issues.
That is what democracy and the rule of law is all about. You win some and you lose some.
That is the reasonable, rational and responsible attitude and disposition that you should cultivate, display, engender and reflect. That is the path to peace.
However if you continue to say you do not believe in the system or institutions, that the President-elect must not be sworn in under any circumstances and that you have no faith in the courts or the rule of law and you encourage people to take the law into their own hands then you are inviting chaos, anarchy, violence, tyranny, fascism, treason, a breach of the constitution and the law of the jungle and we will NOT sit by idly and allow that.
If you continue to incite, intimidate, threaten, provoke, destabilize, undermine and overheat the polity and breach the rules of engagement all hell will break lose.
Our only “crime” was to win an election yet because you cannot bear the fact that you lost you want to pull the whole house down and burn everyone in it.
Let this serve as a timely warning. We cannot be a punching bag for the opposition forever and soon we will react.
Trust me when I tell you that if there is any foul play in this matter or any conspiracy to thwart the people’s will we will make this nation ungovernable.
Baba-Ahmed's interview on Channels TV amounted to insurrection, treason - Fani-Kayode
What we will do to Atiku, Obi when Tinubu is declared president - Fani-Kayode
There can be no more cheating, no more subterfuge, no more games and no more dastardly tricks. We have seen enough of that over the last 63 years of our national existence.
Do NOT test our will or underestimate our firm resolve.
We speak for the silent and peaceful majority and, unlike the opposition, we cut across all regional, ethnic and religious lines. We do not represent just one faith or just one tribe.
We represent all faiths and all tribes and our supporters can be found everywhere in this country. We are the hope and promise of a better future shrouded in glory, unity, peace, strength and prosperity for our nation.
There are millions of us all over this country and when we say that we will stand on Bola Tinubu’s mandate and defend it, we mean it.
We are not joking and we are not playing games. We have prepared for it, we have the means to do so and we WILL do so.
I implore you in the name of God not to mistake our relative silence, calm disposition, magnanimity and attempt to reach out in peace as weakness, stupidity or an indication of fear or guilt.
I urge you not to “cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war”.
I counsel you not to ‘wake our sleeping sword lightly”.
The bottom line is as follows. Annul Asiwaju’s election and we will annul your brain. We have returned to the trenches.
Those that kindle fire shall be consumed by it. Those that invoke the spirit of war shall be destroyed by it.
Those that wish to truncate our democracy shall be crushed by it. And those that seek peace, unity, justice, progress and fair play shall find it.
The people have spoken. God has approved it.
If you want to steal our mandate you will have to kill every single one of us and be ready to spend the next twenty to thirty years in a massive regional conflagration and major conflict.
This is NOT our prayer and no sane person wants war.
However we shall not shirk away from it if is forced upon us by those that are hell bent on robbing us, suppressing us, enslaving US, cheating us and turning us into pawns and vassals of their vain and obsessive delusions, their wicked, vicious and relentless disposition of tyranny and their unbridled and insatiable lust for power.
There are some things that are worth fighting and, if necessary, dying for and democracy, fair play, truth, the rule of law, righteousness and justice are amongst them.
Let that sink and let peace reign. A word is enough for the wise.
*Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, one time Aviation Minister and member APC Presidential Campaign Council, writes from Abuja
Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Diligent1(f): 7:10am On Mar 26, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Lol. Damage control.

The usual bragging of South Easterners...he said there was no war between the Yorubas and Igbos, but finished with: The Yorubas are just political rascals and they Igbos will handle them.

Watch the video here:
https://twitter.com/demola6319/status/1639658559968296961?t=Ka2Xs7ZNnSOl7q-VsUuWKw&s=19
The problem igbos have is that they don't know how to control their tongues, I have worked with them I know what I am saying.
You can't see an Hausa man talking to you anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by anambraamaka: 7:24am On Mar 26, 2023
Cold War
Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by Donedeal1(m): 8:01am On Mar 26, 2023
Baba Adebanjo

Baba Obasanjo
Etc

What's you gotta say to this

Classic Savage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba by SURVBenedict01(m): 8:34am On Mar 26, 2023
So you no dey this country to know OBJ is not of Yoruba father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Civil Societies’ Protest Against Hardship In Benin City (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Visits Yola Blast Victims (photos) / Saraki: How Magu Took His Non-confirmation Personally Against Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.