Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. (33262 Views)

My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
djon78:

Sometimes I wonder the kind reasoning you get

No wonder your name na Kobo junkie

Someone is telling you of his hard experience and you are yarning dust
But if u read it without bias she's making sense. She clearly made lots of valid points

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
Of course I’m a responsible individual. Just stating the fact about marriage!
Don't mind them

They say that if you don't have a gf or wife that u are actively chuppping from their rear behind, then automatically you will be tagged highly irresponsible.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Omootayo123(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
Strongly agree with you. But Marriage is understanding when you and your partner work together. If you both agree before you get in it. It goes alright
Adexgentle005:
That’s just the fact! When I was a bachelor, I know how much I spend and save every month. Fast forward to when I got married, it’s all about bills, bills and bills.

I just checked my OPay transaction history and I couldn’t believe how much I’ve spent in just two months.

This thing called marriage is just responsibility and nothing more. If you are not financially stable or you have other side hustle that bring extra money,please don’t get married.

My 2 cents!
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by sleeknaija(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
That’s just the fact! When I was a bachelor, I know how much I spend and save every month. Fast forward to when I got married, it’s all about bills, bills and bills.

I just checked my OPay transaction history and I couldn’t believe how much I’ve spent in just two months.

This thing called marriage is just responsibility and nothing more. If you are not financially stable or you have other side hustle that bring extra money,please don’t get married.

My 2 cents!

Well said. Marriage isn't for the faint hearted cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by djon78(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
Killbillz:

But if u read it without bias she's making sense. She clearly made lots of valid points

There is no sense there

The guy is lamenting his issues and he is misyarning

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
Omootayo123:
Strongly agree with you. But Marriage is understanding when you and your partner work together. If you both agree before you get in it. It goes alright
The problem is hypogamy and not the agreement itself. That is why i keep telling OP that his problem isn't the marriage.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
VenExchangee:

I agree with this statement, my girl always sex starve me, she just doesn't like sex right from day one but that's the only thing that she can offer because I'm not asking her for any help, I do everything from A to Z but last week we broke up and it seems my peace of mins increased, nobody to think of, I'm just happy doing my things. I'm just focusing more on myself, I'm even planning to go throughout this year without relationship, If i want sex, i call hook up
Just focus more on yourself and have peace of mind!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by tonyson010(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
My brother I couldn’t believe I’ve spent 100k in just two months. Money for this, money for that. It’s really crazy out there! Sometimes I think about that too, is it not better to be single and have peace of mind?

lols.
single men spend 100k monthly on feeding and other recurrent things.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
elipheleh:
Lol.

See me thinking what I'm doing in marriage. Is this thing juju.

I've spent more than 8 million in 19 months of marriage.

When I was a bachelor, i didn't spend up to 1million in a year.
In Apostle Suleiman voice
Yeeeeeee.….… !!!!!!!! 🥵🥴😮😮😱😮😮😧😰😩😵😦
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Bonnywest: 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
I could have kids without getting married. What’s meeting with expectations of life? And yes I would be a happier single man at my age. I’m still young!

My friend becareful. Did anybody force you to marry?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Trejcole: 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
That’s it
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Treassured: 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Kudos, OP. 👍👍

Particularly in Nigeria now, Where INFLATION is biting harder. embarassed sad

Any Guy that Enters Marriage, without sorting Out himself Financially, will SUFFER ehn. undecided

The Bolded.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by OlawaleBammie: 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
My brother I couldn’t believe I’ve spent 100k in just two months. Money for this, money for that. It’s really crazy out there! Sometimes I think about that too, is it not better to be single and have peace of mind?

Aahh, Bros teach me how u spend just 100k in two month...I will be happy bro.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
You men complain baselessly. Why not just divorce your wife since you know that there’s nothing special about marriage? All these small boys who weren’t mentally ready for the journey itself but jumped at the idea of it because their mates were doing it.

Why not just proudly carry the burden of performance ‘they’ said you people were created for?
If you are tired, ball out instead of complaining and whining like a cat.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Starz825(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
koladata:
this tomato analyses no go bro, i spent 3mins trying to relate then i dropped it
I be wan nak am insult even beforr the topic reach front page but as I read am again..he be come get meaning to me...

He is trying to say that ...no matter how stressful the work and effort you put in your marriage is ...its a joy to watch your family grow...and thats true....

Marriage is cool , but this country no be am....

I'm not preparing to marry in Nigeria.....

It's not appealing to have children who will be Nigerian citizens by birth like me...I would rather have them be citizens by descent....

At least make dem experience another life and citizenship off the Nigerian life...

Cos I'm totally tired of the country....and the best way to show you are tired is to not give birth here

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by glozyyy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If properly implemented, "Two heads are better than one." That is what is special about marriage. It is an agreement, a business partnership of sorts that if well worked on, goes on to benefit both partners in the agreement.undecided

2. You are mistaken here assuming I am in some way attempting to justify marriage. Instead, what I am doing is pointing out the fact that marriage has nothing to do with your problem and current situation. undecided
Bro I dey see ur argument o. but bro make we face reality, some wife dey wen be like say you even work your ass up just to make or open a business for her with the intent dat she will help u, only for that wife to turn around and tell you her money is for her that u should carry ur cross cus it's ur responsibility. So bro life is basically difficult so it's just the Grace of God dey keep man. We just pray the country get better cus things they spoil as it stands

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
djon78:

There is no sense there

The guy is lamenting his issues and he is misyarning
Na wah... Lamentations has never helped anyone. I don't know how u read it but there's sense in both partners sharing the burden, no matter how little the wife should be able to contribute.
Even if she doesn't have a job but is a full time house wife she can contribute mentally, bring ideas that will help. One person can't be carrying all the wahala na why u dey see some 40 something yr old men looking like 80+ but if u can't see any sense in her post then take it like that 🙂
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Backpedal: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
And who told you it’s not normal to have kids without getting married? This is just societal values and it doesn’t carry any weight. They don’t know what you are passing through in your marriage and they care less. See, it is just what it is! Without financial stability in marriage you are doomed!

The person you quoted asked a good question

You gave a good rebuttal

I like that

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by sammyscholar(m): 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
ha ha. Just 100k in two months! It's well sha.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by LKTJ123(m): 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
OP you just speak my mind.
Adexgentle005:

My 2 cents!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Treassured: 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
And who told you it’s not normal to have kids without getting married? This is just societal values and it doesn’t carry any weight. They don’t know what you are passing through in your marriage and they care less. See, it is just what it is! Without financial stability in marriage you are doomed!

Personally It's not advisable to have children out of wedlock and baby mamaism. I detest such process a lot.

Children raised in a healthy environment which involves the father and mother under the same roof remains the best.

I think Surrogacy too Is good If you don't want to have anything to do with the Opposite Sex.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by ojotobiloba1: 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:

My 2 cents!
No lies bro, bills wanna kii person bf ones time

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by bonnyhope: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
Paramount01:

Just thinking the same, you pay Bills tired, nothing special,I am even thinking. Why I am not still single

Can you guys expantiate on the types of bills being paid?
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by SimpleGuy001: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Mother and father did it back in the 1980s in that same Nigeria. That it isn't the popular choice among many a Nigerian men who would rather beat their chest as head of the house while slowly dying young in poverty doesn't mean it is not possible in Nigeria. undecided

2. I don't think. I know there are women who do just that in that same Nigeria. undecided

3. Your problem has absolutely nothing to do with marriage so your complaint is unfounded. undecided

As for that number 2. Be honest, a vast majority would not. One will only be lucky to find one who has that mindset.

As for me, I’ll carry God along when marriage comes knocking and pray he brings someone who is kind and considerate as a partner.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by ImoleNaija: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
djon78:

The person you are replying is a junkie

Na you get time

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Junkie that can argue till "thy Kingdom come".

@Adexgentle005

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Killbillz:

Whaat? 100k in two months and ur married? On average I spend 200/250k monthly if I choose not to live reckless and I'm single af. Lately it's been more bcuz of circumstances happening rn. But in all I think if two good heads come together it will be less of a burden especially if she's earning too and not relying on the man to save her and her entire family.. married men dey try abeg
I’ve not added in law money, gas bills, nepa bills, security and other bills. I’m sorting all that separately!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:

Just 100k and you’re here whining? It’s obvious this one didn’t know what he signed up for before he started. Why did you marry when you knew you weren’t ready for that ‘burden of performance’? Later, they will claim you men carry the burden of performance. Why not just carry it with all your strength and stop whining like a cat?

Many married folks and even single people spend way more and don’t breathe a sweat. Divorce your wife if you are tired.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by bonnyhope: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:

100k in 2 months

That is not bad.....50k/month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

DNA Test, I Am Scared / Man Buys Wife N20M Range Rover After 10 Years Of Dating And 6 Years Of Marriage / UNICAL Graduate Who Died Few Days To Her Wedding,buried In Her Wedding Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.