Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People (39442 Views)

Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag / Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. / I Want To Find Out About Etche And Ikwerre People In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Pakman: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
This is the kind of history people don't know about and don't care to know. A lot of things have happened and people have mixed so much due to state creation.

Topmaike007:
not only the Ikwere are the ones sidelining themselves we have the Anioma clans and mind you Ikwere is not a tribe but a Clan under igbo tribe.the aftermath of what happened in Rivers when Adekunle and Gowon run them street during the civil that's when they decided not to allign themselves and that's when oil have been discovered in there land they decided to be on there own..

Then on the part of Anioma that's Asaba, Agbor, Kwale, Oligbo, Ibrode, Ibusa, Gbanke, Igbodo, Igbuku, Illah, Isa-Ogwashi, Iselegu, Isheagu, Isikiti-Ishiagu, Issele-Azagba, Issele-Mkpitime, Issele-Uku, Isumpe, Kwale, Mbiri, Ndemiri, Ndokwa, and Abbi.
They wanted a state then and in 1996 some igbo politicians including Dr Ogbonanya Onu after getting to know that some indigenous igbo speaking clans will get lost into the north central if Anioma state is created outside Delta,then they drop the hope of enlisting Anioma with the likes of Ekiti, Kebbi etc to create Ebonyi state even almost 3-4 local government of igbo speaking clan eventually went with Benue to the north they'reUmuezeokoha, Umuezeoka, Oriuzor, Umuoghara, Amaekka and Amaezekwe all in Ezza communities, Izzi, Ezzamgbo and Effium, but they still save the others and Ebonyi state was created instead of Anioma state and the elders in Anioma were unhappy and some started telling there children that they are not Igbos because they felt betrayed..

That's just the summary

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by chukkystar(m): 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
Gamesmart:

Not true.

Most peoples want to be part of a big tribe that they genuinely qualify for.

There is no advantage being a minority in Nigeria or to lose ones identity & heritage.
The world is dynamic, there's no one way to Live life, it's multiple ways . Even present day Abia, the Igbos there have alot of ancestry from Ibibio. Ikwere people wanted their own autonomy cos they felt the way the Ayioma people of Delta felt. It doesn't take away their Traditions or Ancestry but they have a right to chose who and where they want to belong.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Unperturbedpota: 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
Emperormartin:

You're highly unintelligible

No be you first quote me!!!

I was discussing with the op and you carried your sorry self to my mention

Abeg run along dementia man

Again, pls stop quoting me you iliterate. I don't reason with thugs!!
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Topmaike007(m): 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
Pakman:
This is the kind of history people don't know about and don't care to know. A lot of things have happened and people have mixed so much due to state creation.

and there's a reason why history was removed from our curriculum to shatter lots of things if assuming Afikpo North and South and many Other Igbo clans in present day Nigeria were aligned to the Northern part of this nation don't you think they will start claiming they're not Igbo but of Hausa extraction grin like how confused the Ikwere found themselves

5 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Modsarefools(f): 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
Typing:

Ikwerre are not Igbo. They even hate Igbo. In most of Ikwerre communities, they don't rent their houses to Igbo. That's why you can never see an Igbo man shop in any Ikwerre community.
Very foolish of you.. I'm Igbo (from Delta) currently living in Ikwerre community and In fact, majority of the shops here are owned by Igbos throughout.. I wonder why some afonjas choose to be stupid... You just sit in ur south-waste slums and type rubbish online, mtcheew.

5 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Topmaike007(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
chukkystar:
The world is dynamic, there's no one way to Live life, it's multiple ways . Even present day Abia, the Igbos there have alot of ancestry from Ibibio. Ikwere people wanted their own autonomy cos they felt the way the Ayioma people of Delta felt. It doesn't take away their Traditions or Ancestry but they have a right to chose who and where they want to belong.
again Ikwere and Anioma are clans like how Ehugbo,Edda and Ohaozara are clans in Ebonyi state but are Igbo by tribe na state creation make pikin lost from him mama ooh

Ijebus are clans in Ogun state and they are yoruba by tribe that's just it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by unisnaira: 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Alvin212:
2nd class

Igbos

SE
We the real igbos

You see your shallow mentality. Reason why most Rivers citizens and even Delta's and Bayelsans with enough oil resources don't want to associate or join Biafra because an Igbo man always see other south south Igbo related speaking region as inferior Igbo.

Igbo man with dominance mentality, reason Notherners and most Southerners treat you people as second hand citizen in Nigeria, never to taste Presidency and other important key power positions in Nigeria since 1999 till date.
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Again, pls stop quoting me you iliterate. I don't reason with thugs!!
Cultist like you quoting me up and down

Abeg disappear from my mention
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Modsarefools(f): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
thinkmoney:

Ikweres are trying to avoid the Igbos because Igbos lost the war hence they lost power and influence . Plus many Ekweres during and after the war wronged the Igbos in a bad way by consfiscating their properties in and around port harcourt.

The Ikweres however (if they like it or not) , are indigenously, geographically, culturally, biological and ethically igbos
You're a pig, did you make any sense in all these nonsense you keep repeating lipsrsealed

You just keep repeating your stupidity all over the thread, mtcheeew embarassed

You keep writing rubbish of how Igbos lost the war, but you foolishly didn't mention how many tribes, clans, mercenaries and countries who stood and supplied every needed materials to make such Biafra won't secede.. Your foolishness didn't even allow you to read up ur history book.

Go to Ukraine and see how desolated that place is, as big as Ukraine is, and also know that Russia was one of the frontiers who stood against Biafra, I didn't even include UK and other world powers as of then, illiterates everywhere.

You think Igbos are your mate when it comes to war undecided

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by unisnaira: 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
You see your shallow mentality. Reason why most Rivers citizens and even Delta's and Bayelsans with enough oil resources don't want to associate or join Biafra because an Igbo man always see other south south Igbo related speaking region as inferior Igbo.

Igbo man with dominance mentality, reason Notherners and most Southerners treat you people as second hand citizen in Nigeria, never to taste Presidency and other important key power positions in Nigeria since 1999 till date.
Alvin212:
2nd class

Igbos

SE
We the real igbos

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Unperturbedpota: 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
Emperormartin:

Cultist like you quoting me up and down

Abeg disappear from my mention

You call me a cultist ?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by unisnaira: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
...You see your shallow mentality. Reason why most Rivers citizens and even Delta's and Bayelsans with enough oil resources don't want to associate or join Biafra because an Igbo man always see other south south Igbo related speaking region as inferior Igbo.

Alvin212:
2nd class

Igbos

SE
We the real igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by rummmy: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
They usually block express road for weekend burials. .
Pls add.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by okoloto: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
You didn't talk about the origin of ikwere people and the reason for the similiarity of their language with that of the Igbos.
The festival that a dog is always killed angry
U til recently ikwere man can be lazy but they are wisening up grin

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

You call me a cultist ?
Na only cultist dey quote somebody when the person isn't interested
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by dontbothermuch: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:
I got this from an article contributed by Nhaoma Amadi. Hear from him.
My name is Nhaoma Amadi. Nhaoma means ‘Something good’.

My own name is Nyesor. Nyesor means The Heir Apparent. Nyesom as borne by Gov. Wike means the next. It is almost like the heir apparent. But in this case it is specific to the father. The language of the Ikwerres is Ikwerre; unfortunately, for some reason, I’m not as fluent as I’d like to be. I live in my town, Rukpokwu. Port Harcourt City is almost entirely Ikwerre land.

Some of our unique rites and customs include the following:

God bless you. I am from Choba Community & I have been trying to create a library of Ikwerre Children to be born. Long live Ikwerre tradition.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Modsarefools(f): 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2023

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Bashirkareem31: 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2023
Darkandhandsom:
They are somewhat mean/wicked and sell their property anyhow.. An ikwerre can sell his last property and become a tenant. Ikwerre people hardly go to school.. They are known for selling lands and refusing to go to school. Their women nko... They can't stay in marriage
An ikwerre landlord will be asking for rent when your rent has not expired.. If an ikwerre landlord doesn't have a car, don't buy or drive a car as his tenant
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Bashirkareem31: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
bennybuhari:
Their men are very good in bed.
gay identified
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by princeemma69: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:

Any day anyone related to you sells land may what befall Ikwerre man to sell his land befall you.
it seems you are mentally not okay. What brought cursing in this post. By the way, 65% of your ikwerre people sell lands for drinking and womanizing.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by freshvine(f): 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Afam4eva:

This is actually quite interesting. Ikwerre people will tell Etche people that Etche people are Igbo but that they (Ikwerre) are not. I thiink it's maybe because they feel Etche people and people in Abia and Imo have simiolar dialects.

Okirika and kalabari people will tell you ikwerres are igbo but ikwerre will deny being igbos. Yet Ikwerre Local Government one of the 4 local government in ikwerre land speak pure undiluted igbo.
Ikwerres have Obi like the Igbos.
They have market days like the igbos.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Typing: 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Modsarefools:

Very foolish of you.. I'm Igbo (from Delta) currently living in Ikwerre community and In fact, majority of the shops here are owned by Igbos throughout.. I wonder why some afonjas choose to be stupid... You just sit in ur south-waste slums and type rubbish online, mtcheew.

You wish.
I did a project in Ndele, Emohia LGA for over a year. In all those Ikwerre Communities, you wont see one Igbo man. Neither will you see any shop owned by Igbo.

Ikwerre hate them to the core. Ikwerre love Northerners and Yoruba. But they hate those Peter Obi's People well well. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Afam4eva(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
freshvine:

Okirika and kalabari people will tell you ikwerres are igbo but ikwerre will deny being igbos. Yet Ikwerre Local Government one of the 4 local government in ikwerre land speak pure undiluted igbo.
Ikwerres have Obi like the Igbos.
They have market days like the igbos.
isn't Ikwerre local government where you have Isiokpo? Those are the ones that speak like Imo people. Their Igbo is so clear compared to those in Obio Akpo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by RhodaNelly: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Very true... They marry and live within their enclave till death.
larrybabanla:
I learnt ikwere people don't travel 🤷🤷

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Typing: 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
Modsarefools:

LIES.
Ikwerre will eliminate you if they ever know you are Igbo.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Modsarefools(f): 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Typing:

LIES.
Ikwerre will eliminate you if they ever know you are Igbo.
I don't argue with fools.. I'm a very busy man sad
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by unisnaira: 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
For your notice, l'm from south south, Edo state. You are still a kid, indomie generation that have not study history of governance of Old Eastern Nigeria. Go and study history first to know reason why Rivers, Delta's and other south south and my Benin Kingdom will not want to partner with unity bergers, Igbo to form Biafra. Keep your five states for Biafra and begging and forcing other south south states to your Biafra struggle because of oil in the region. We can't be second hand citizen joining Biafra like past Easterner politicians, have treated oil rich region in the past with shallow minded dominance mentalities of past Igbo leaders before the 2nd war lead by Ojukwu.
Modsarefools:

Shup that ewedu gutter, is rigging election part of the second class citizen? Bloody idiat..
I keep imagining how daft these afonjas can be , especially when referring to Igbos. Can coward_yorubas for one day stand against their fulani masters in the North and also single handedly just like the Igbos did undecided.. Ewedu_munchers can never in their lifetime have as much balls as the Igbos, and that's why you pigs always hide under the fulanis to melt your envious chips on Igbos grin, without hausa & fulani combined, yorubas can never stand up to challenge the Igbos for a second, and you all know it.. So keep asslicking the hausas and fulani so they can join hands with you cowards to achieve it grin grin

The south_wasterners all want to have that bold history and record that the Igbos have garnered for themselves, but fear & cowardice will never let you monk*ys achieve what Igbos have achieved.. Just go and hang urselves grin grin

Envy & Jealousy will keep ruining you guys tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Modsarefools(f): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
Typing:

You wish.
I did a project in Ndele, Emohia LGA for over a year. In all those Ikwerre Communities, you wont see one Igbo man. Neither will you see any shop owned by Igbo.

Ikwerre hate them to the core. Ikwerre love Northerners and Yoruba. But they hate those Peter Obi's People well well. grin
Typical idiat..

You don't worth any penny of my time, I will still go out tomorrow and do my business, so continue ur useless project inside ur slummy room in the south-waste. angry

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Typing: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
Modsarefools:

Typical idiat..

You don't worth any penny of my time, I will still go out tomorrow and do my business, so continue ur useless project inside ur slummy room in the south-waste. angry

Nobody Wants you in this beautiful Country and abroad grin cheesy grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ashawoman82: 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
biremi:
And when they commit a crime you blame the Igbos because they bear Igbo names
If they are distinct from the Igbos, they should also distinguish their names from Igbo names.

I hate this attitude of some my Igbo brothers trying to tell Ikwerre who they are or who they are not. They say they are not Igbos, at least majority of them say they are not, respect that please.
bro, they are actually igbos, same way some ethnic group in edo and kogi are yorubas. Do u know we have igbos in kogi too...if u say benue now, it's obvious we don't have any affiliation with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Queen Aanu: My life Threatened For Walking Out Of My Marriage - Alaafin's Wife / Did Olori Wuraola Confirm The Crash Of Her Marriage With This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.