Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison (38662 Views)

Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell / PHOTOS: Inside A Cell At Prison Where Derek Chauvin Spends 23 Hours A Day / Girl Stripped Naked In The Street For Stealing A Cell Phone In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Zeinymira(f): 7:37am On Apr 02, 2023
Dopeyomi:
Here to Read comments, but wait o Na only guys dey go cell??

One single female never drop comment about their experience. 😂
Men have it harder in life than women.
They’ll want to provide and achieve status plus society kinda hostile to the male.
But it’s an interesting thread anyway grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Realhommie(m): 7:44am On Apr 02, 2023
Blupen969:
Police heartless pass criminal nah
I swear.... The average Naija police no be better pesin..

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by thatigboman: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
You never been to jail, you just want to form who you is not.
Smuggling phone inside a jail is not an easy task unless you have an officer working for you
Am a correction officer of over five years experience.
The police take over your phone immediately you are arrested and pther valuables you have.
Items handed over to the property officer for inventory.
You then strip searched for possibility of having other contraband hidden in your body.
you pass through the body scanner
Get dressed in jail jumpsuit.
transfer to orientation unit.

he was talking of taking phone into police cell not prison

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by KingMack(m): 8:04am On Apr 02, 2023
Zonefree:

The leader of a cell is called Presido. Just carry your "cell show" enter, you'll be welcomed.

If you want to enjoy cell (lol), just pray make them detain you and your friends inside the same cell. Una fit dethrone the Presido sef cheesy

That's overboarding😆😆

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Blupen969(m): 8:04am On Apr 02, 2023
thatigboman:
I tire for the officer i swear grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by KangaIye: 8:05am On Apr 02, 2023
Realhommie:
And the most of them na actually innocent ooooo. That's to tell you how messed up the system is. #Sad

I no fit forget how one useless police officer named "Dogo" and his squad killed my friend and his immediate younger brother in August, 2010 extra judicially, based on false allegations. Traumatic period for the family.

Na so that case just die, nothing come. I went to court a couple of times judge just dey speak big big grammar. R.I.P Collins and Owen.

It is well,.R.I,P. To Collins and Owen may God rest their souls. Amen

I remembered when I was also picked up at Bariga in 2018 by Policemen on accusations that I was wondering around around 6:30pm. Slept a night in cell alot happened during those period Sha.
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Blupen969(m): 8:07am On Apr 02, 2023
Shattuck:
the very first day I enter nah my boxers Dem first exchange, when I comot for state cid cell after some days my jeans shirt and watch wey I put for police officer office Dem thief am, nah police Dem thief my things nah only boxers I take reach house. Nigeria is terrible I swear.
This one self na because deh like you Lols grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Blupen969(m): 8:09am On Apr 02, 2023
[quote author=Dopeyomi post=122224572]Here to Read comments, but wait o Na only guys dey go cell??

One single female never drop comment about their experience.
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Blupen969(m): 8:15am On Apr 02, 2023
Seyiemath That day be you as if you deh use your life act film grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Realhommie(m): 8:17am On Apr 02, 2023
KangaIye:

It is well,.R.I,P. To Collins and Owen may God rest their souls. Amen

I remembered when I was also picked up at Bariga in 2018 by Policemen on accusations that I was wondering around around 6:30pm. Slept a night in cell alot happened during those period Sha.
Amen.. Thanks

It is stories like these that actually prompted the 'EndSars' protest, unfortunately that spiralled out of control and hasn't achieved it's aim. We have a very long way to go in that country. Souls have been wasted in their thousands by the evil and corrupt police force meant to protect the masses while many more are languishing away in police cells awaiting trial for years for very mundane reasons as stealing a plate of food or loitering late hours.

It is really well..

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Blupen969(m): 8:23am On Apr 02, 2023
Emiron:
First time I enter cell my parent catch me Dey smoke Igbo day time en talking weed na like say u kill person my parent carry me go station dem lock me up I use like a day there presido ask me watin carry me I tell dem say my parents catch me were I Dey smoke Igbo dem beginning laugh me dem no even beat me self na still my parent come bail me I no fit forget dat day
grin grin You still deh smoke igbo??

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Austine567(m): 9:05am On Apr 02, 2023
Blupen969:
Na me deh high abi na you, here no be faceless forum again?? Austine567
profile picture nko?
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by DearGorgeous(f): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2023
Dannieln1:

grin grin grin When dem tell una say men Dey go through a lot everyday, una think say na joke.
You don hear story body don cool you

No be small thing. The stories shocked me.
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Rickyforeign(m): 9:19am On Apr 02, 2023
Seyiemath:
One particular evening I went out to do POS Transaction. After inputting my pin, 3 men from SARS Came towards me, at first I thought it was armed robbers. I don Dey already shout thieve thieve, until one use slap dumb me. 🤣🤣🤣

Omo I slap the guy back ASAP. That was the beginning of a very long story. The money I withdrew was collected from me, when I got to the cell I had no cash to settle the current presido. Omo these guys beat me tire.

After spending almost 5 days in cell I was released. I later saw one of the guys that dealt with me on my street. I made sure the guy spent his weekend in Hospital.
Dis one sweet me die.. U payed him back 💯. That's how police will be acting like dem dey invincible, treating people like trash
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Shattuck(m): 9:26am On Apr 02, 2023
Blupen969:
This one self na because deh like you Lols grin grin
😂😂😂
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by lendahand(m): 9:55am On Apr 02, 2023
ecolime:
May cell or prison never be our portion.

Just imagine sleeping in the same place you and others wee and poop.

Na so everyone mouth and body go dey smell with rashes and Eczema all over your skin.

Nothing like freedom ooo
freedom is highly underated.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by ibinaboonline: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2023
Me, I'm wondering the kind of cell he thinks it's funny. Is it still the same germ-infested Nigeria police cells where the foulest toilet is the same room and hasn't been flushed or washed for ten years? Where the floor is so dirty it feels sticky on your skin? I don't know which cell this guy is talking about. They even smoke at night. Hian.
Blupen969:
If na only one night you spend e funny but if you don stay like 3days there you go know say e no good at all Nemesis0147
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Seyiemath(m): 10:25am On Apr 02, 2023
Rickyforeign:

Dis one sweet me die.. U payed him back 💯. That's how police will be acting like dem dey invincible, treating people like trash

No time bro
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Seyiemath(m): 10:25am On Apr 02, 2023
Blupen969:
Seyiemath That day be you as if you deh use your life act film grin grin

I swear
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by diggindeep: 10:27am On Apr 02, 2023
Delaw135:

I've been to this place before, the experience is so traumatic to the extent that I don't know how to share it, cos I always believe nobody will believe what I saw except those who have been there before.

Very traumatic.
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by overseasnbeyond: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2023
Do you know jail is not prison?
thatigboman:
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by thatigboman: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
You never been to jail, you just want to form who you is not.
Smuggling phone inside a jail is not an easy task unless you have an officer working for you
Am a correction officer of over five years experience.
The police take over your phone immediately you are arrested and pther valuables you have.
Items handed over to the property officer for inventory.
You then strip searched for possibility of having other contraband hidden in your body.
you pass through the body scanner
Get dressed in jail jumpsuit.
transfer to orientation unit.

what you are describing here is prison incarceration. What the OP was talking about was what happened in the police cell in the police station. Police doesn't arrest someone and send to prison. They seize their items and put them in police cell. That's the area the op was talking about. That one way or the other he smuggled his phone into the police cell.
What u describe comes later, police takes the suspect (and it's not everyone taken into police cell that is taken to court) judge the remands the suspect in prison. And he gets there, what you are talking about takes place, metal scanner, body search, jumpsuit etc.
You are a correctional officer. Do correctional officers work in police stations? Or in prison?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by thatigboman: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
Do you know jail is not prison?
what is jail and where does it occur? In police station or prison?
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by alyarmouk(m): 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
Spent over 1 month in DSS custody in Ikoyi. I nearly run mad. Only me in the room o...being served choice meal, access to medical care daily(if need be). Top notch treatment, but I nearly run mad.

I prefer dey flog me daily for 3 weeks than being in that isolation for that long. Yet nobody dare lay a finger on you.
They are the best in Africa.....yet........

I nearly run mad.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Elxandre(m): 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2023
Beermoney1:
Sold a spoilt phone mistakenly to a big police person. Would have taken the phone back, but the greedy police man said I have to give him money for the transport he wasted returning the phone. I refused and ran. If police look for you and they mean to find you, they will. I ran from Benin to Kaduna, they tracked me to Kaduna, I ran to Anambra, they tracked me to Anambra too, I didn’t want Anambra police wahala so I travelled to Benin, that is where they caught me and bundled me like waybill down to Anambra. Asked me to pay 200k. I refused. Na 180k dem use bail me…
You no gree pay transport, instead dey enter bus upandan 🤣

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by alyarmouk(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
I dey 💯 sure say..u no do d guy anything...
Instead u went to greet him n famzy.
I'm a psychologist

Seyiemath:

No time bro
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by kozmokaz(m): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
alyarmouk:
Spent over 1 month in DSS custody in Ikoyi. I nearly run mad. Only me in the room o...being served choice meal, access to medical care daily(if need be). Top notch treatment, but I nearly run mad.

I prefer dey flog me daily for 3 weeks than being in that isolation for that long. Yet nobody dare lay a finger on you.
They are the best in Africa.....yet........

I nearly run mad.

Wetting carry u go dss
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by thatsleepboy1: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Kasdat5(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
Prison visitations. ...
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by djflexcy: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
21sailor:

Normally
Alright man
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by Tripleanthony(m): 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
I was in Airport police station, calabar for 2 weeks, freedom sweet o. The experience was amazing. I was the 2ic and my guy was the presido
Re: Share Your Experience About Being In A Cell Or Prison by alyarmouk(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
🤣. Una too like gist for Nairaland.
Well, let's say I work in a sensitive position in a national Org. And something come sup for my Dept. And I suppose know wetin sup, I no come known. So..Dem park us go there for investigation. the 1mnth + there na with early Mormor (1am-3am) interrogation o..

Omo. Mk we leave gist abeg. Just dey pray against any kinda wahala.
Right now na money I dey try hustle mk I leave naija, bfor I mad finish. The trauma still lingers. Na me tell you

kozmokaz:

Wetting carry u go dss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chidinma Ojukwu Pleads Not Guilty To The Murder Of Usifo Ataga (Video) / Nigerian Girl In UK Narrates How Some Of Her Close Friends Tried To Kill Her / $6M Romance Scam: Nigerian Man Found Guilty Of Conning Guyanese Pensioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.