Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years (26015 Views)

Man Saved By Doctors From Impaled Handle Of A Sledgehammer In Imo (Graphic Photo / Buhari Signs White Paper That Bars Public Doctors From Owning Private Hospitals / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Comelysync: 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
Benwems:

What stops Nigerian doctors from going to private universities to obtain mbbs?
money... That's what's stop them, and the same money is paid by the populace by tax to fund the universities no law stops or rather no law can stop anyone who goes to a public university from practicing in another country of his or her choice sọ far there is freedom of migration.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by erico2k2(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
arejibadz:

https://twitter.com/HouseNGR/status/1643996023885533184?s=20

https://leadership.ng/breaking-bill-to-regulate-nigerian-medics-from-going-abroad-passes-second-reading/#:~:text=In%20a%20bid%20to%20halt,in%20the%20country%2C%20has%20passed
They should pass a bill to make them not to go abroad for medical treatment in the 1st place.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Okwyjesus(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2023

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by gaby(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Asswipes...

How about a bill to better the working conditions and increased pay for the workers and the sector in general.

Daft demons.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by LegitWebsites: 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nigeria Doctors should not be travelling to relocate abroad.

They should be allowed to travel for chills and vacations.

However; they should remain in Nigeria to Develop Our Healthcare Systems.

Aproko Doctor is a good example of a Great Doctor Handling Many Healthcare Projects based on His Personal Initiatives, Team and Donations.

Other Doctors can align to do the same.

Nigerians are suffering from Poor Healthcare.

Our Doctors should do well to align with themselves to align further with 774 Ministries of Health in Nigeria for Better Healthcare Systems.

This is The Way To Go.

Afterall; when other NYSC Students were receiving 19,800 Naira as NYSC Monthly Wages; These Doctors were receiving Extra 100,000 + Naira to their Bank Accounts.

They are the ones that have and are benefiting most in this country leaving Many Farmers to Wallow in Lack.

So, Why should Many of them be thinking about Relocating Abroad instead of Aligning Themselves to Solve Our Health Crisis in The Country ?

Nigerians are Not Patriotic At All.

They are still Slaves To The YELLOW MEN That Call Themselves WHITE MEN.

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Benwems(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
nedekid:
So those of us that spend millions paying school fees in private universities I assume will have our wards exempted right?
Kindly note that some kids have not in anyway benefited from tax payers resources from birth till now. Not a dime. How will the child's movement now be restricted?

It does not apply to private universities.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by erniok(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
Benwems:

What stops Nigerian doctors from going to private universities to obtain mbbs?
There doctors both from private and state owned schools. Please stop writing as though doctors from private varsities are Ghanaians.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
Why don't you focus on curing the sickness that is causing the doctors to migrate?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Eniitankorede: 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It is obvious, you do not understand me if you really think with this law you will now get that provisional license as easy as you got it. You are confusing a time when there is no law forbiding an action to when there is now a national law against it Are they the same? Do you really know the implication of a law that criminalises what you do even if you are yet to be prosecuted and convicted?

I have laid it out to you where intervention will come is at the provisional license stage and if you truly have gone through it then you will not suggest that without provisional licence you can still go overseas.
And this is the real part of the law that address the "overwise", the law will peescribe that if you flout the law , it will make you liable to conviction. Please did you also go through the training with a criminal conviction record?

I have maintained that the law will come in between the oath taking and taking your full license and you are just confirming it so I do not get your opening line. Once you get the provisional license is not even the real issue, the issue is just jetting out as a fresh medical graduate with no provisional license and even if you jet out with provisional license, the law now makes you liable. So many areas the govt will effect this law you know govt can but not willing to admit it and I am not willing to even disclose further to avoid unnecessary argument.After God na Govt o.

If they don’t seek the support of medical elders, it will fail. Because they have to change the statute establishing the medical and dental council. The human rights of the students may also be infringed upon. Not every doctor went to public schools where fees are not paid for their education. For those who paid for their training to become doctors, and want to go abroad for further training, it will be difficult to to use legislation to stop them. Because the government didn’t pay for their education. There are plenty of considerations to look at.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by erniok(m): 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
Benwems:

It does not apply to private universities.
How? The bill is for all doctors in Nigeria. Did you even read the post?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ednut1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
Bill to ban politicians seeking medical treatment abroad nko

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Kossyso: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
Looking at the comments here, I just can't help but pity my fellow Nigerians. This platform no longer harbors intellectuals. For such a great bill, I expect full support from Nigerians but the opposite is the case. I weep for this country.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ufuosman(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
Make una dey play😂
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by sisisioge: 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Haaaaaa! Medical schools will soon be empty in naija be that o. God forbid bad thing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ppogba: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
ImadeUReadThis:
To be honest, the FG subsidizes training if medical doctors in federal universities and teaching hospitals .

The cost of procuring a medical degree and licence abroad especially in the US and UK is far higher than it is here .

It can be argued that Nigerian govt trains medical practitioners for the west.

This situation isn't even good for western medical practitioners as the average pay if medical practitioners has drastically fallen from a minimum of a $1mill per annum to hovering to about $400k for doctors .

It doesn't serve the west nor Nigeria in the long run but rather Jewish owned hospitals .

Good comment but the bill should have addressed the root cause of the issue.

What are responsible for the craze for Nigerian doctors to be eager to move out?
Are the conditions okay at home?
What should or could be the insentive to keep them at home?
So many issues needs to be addressed before any yeye bill should be passed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Father4all: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
Good! The country can't train them with tax payer's money and another will benefit
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by mvem(m): 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
At last. It came late since I wrote to recommend that this law be passed for years now but it is still better late than never. Cuba has it and it worked for govt-trained doctors.

Their unregulated exit have almost crashed the system yet they go overseas to be enslaved.

Nigeria lose, they lose, their parents lose, the taxpayers whose tax was used to train them lose.It is not sustainable at all.
The law should be accelerated!
https://punchng.com/nigerian-doctors-in-uk-lament-exploitation-slave-labour/

check my signature for free stuffs!
no bill preventing these lawmakers going overseas for medical trips ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Truthshscrazy: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Racoon:
Meanwhile, this bill will never deter or stop these motherfuckers who have assisted the executive to bastardized this nation from going to see foreign healthcare overseas.
📌
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Truthshscrazy: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
mvem:
no bill preventing these lawmakers going overseas for medical trips ?
📌
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by gannod(m): 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
They should also pass bills banning politicians from going for treatments abroad plus a bill banning children of politicians from studying abroad.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by KingLennon(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
At last. It came late since I wrote to recommend that this law be passed for years now but it is still better late than never. Cuba has it and it worked for govt-trained doctors.

Their unregulated exit have almost crashed the system yet they go overseas to be enslaved.

Nigeria lose, they lose, their parents lose, the taxpayers whose tax was used to train them lose.It is not sustainable at all.

If you are a doctor, you will know better. If the grass was greener here then there will be no need to seek greener pastures. The health sector in Nigeria is a disgrace all thanks to a northern cow. The salary is poor, no basic entitlements, poor working conditions, poor funding, poor facilities.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ppogba: 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kossyso:
Looking at the comments here, I just can't help but pity my fellow Nigerians. This platform no longer harbors intellectuals. For such a great bill, I expect full support from Nigerians but the opposite is the case. I weep for this country.

Bill is okay but you're just looking at it from one angle.
What are the factors responsible for their being eager to dump the country?
Will you or your child slave and labour for over 7 years in a Uni only to earn peanut in the most I conducive environment?
Let us look at issues without sentiment.
The people in the legislature know what to address before such a bill can make sense to all and sundry.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Truthshscrazy: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
erico2k2:

They should pass a bill to make them not to go abroad for medical treatment in the 1st place.
Gbamsolutely!
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by yesloaded: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Such bill will cause more harm than goods to our health sector

A medical doctor supposed to work willingly and not forcefully

Don't gamble with people's lives cos most of these medical doctor will lose focus thereby putting patient lives in danger

Let the government cut down money spent on administration, let them pump money into health sector, upgrade salaries of our health care staffs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ImadeUReadThis: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
bitbillionaire:
Good point there. The bill is long overdue.

The plan by Jewish corporations who own all the hospitals in the US is to import cheap and easily manipulated 3rd world medical professionals whose immigration status is tied to their job.

These third world medical professionals cost less, and are easily bullied to go against medical ethics towards pushing Jewish pharmaceutical interests like we saw during covid were most of the doctors sanctioned were not from the pool of third world countries but from the west .Any third world doctor that dared to go against their protocol will be sacked and deported asap if not arraigned in a court on medical felony charges and risk serious jail time.
Most white and western professionals have gone into private practice during covid for refusal to abide by Jew Pharma dictates. Some even got the FDA on their ass for prescribing Iverctimin to treat covid and had to go to court to protect their license and practice.

We also read here sometime ago on Nigerian medical professionals protesting the disparity in pay between them and their western counterparts in the UK.

The Jew has so much polluted medical science and reduced the position of a medical doctor to a drug dealer for their pharmaceutical companies.

A Nigerian doctor escaping poverty in Nigeria will have no qualms obeying his Jewish masters even if goes contrary to his own professional and moral etiquette.

This is why the immigration policy lobbied by the Jew pharma in the west is being guided to have third world doctors replace white and western educated doctors.

Already doctors in the west are seeing a massive decline in their take home owing to a flooding of cheap third world doctors who will not question the Jew and accept whatever he throws at them.

It pays no one to see our doctors go.

A good govt should look at not only improving pay for doctors but also the state of the hospitals .

Also an emphasis on medical morals should be pushed so our brand of doctors will no longer sacrifice their profession and conscience for money.

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ppogba: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Father4all:
Good! The country can't train them with tax payer's money and another will benefit

The country should address the injustice in a senator earning the salary of at least tens if not close to a hundred resident doctors in a month

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Anunakeeh: 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
Anything to keep the less privileges in bondage and shackles will be fastened and Implemented with speed of light. Awon Oloreeburukuuh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Jayson504(m): 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
To be honest, this doesn't make any sense to me. The Nigerian health sector is in absolute shambles, and it keeps deteriorating everyday. If the work space for medics in Nigeria isn't a mess, they wouldn't nurture the idea of travelling abroad to practice. This is one of the reasons why brain drain would continue in Nigeria among health practitioners.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Justhere: 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
Why not pass a bill to stop politician and their relationship from seeking medical treatment abroad too
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ImadeUReadThis: 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
ppogba:

Good comment but the bill should have addressed the root cause of the issue.

What are responsible for the craze for Nigerian doctors to be eager to move out?
Are the conditions okay at home?
What should or could be the insentive to keep them at home?
So many issues needs to be addressed before any yeye bill should be passed

Look, as i said , Nigerian govt subsidises training of these medical practioneers to meet her own large deficit .

This is no different than exporting crude in return for refined petroleum products .

We send our best and publicly trained abroad and then buy tickets to go meet them in Jewish owned hospitals and pay exorbitant costs for medical treatment.

The bill is good as these medical practioneers were trained with public funds .
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by meedoLock(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
Good. But when will thesame bid halt the politicians from getting a medical services abroad while a chunk of our annual allocations goes to medical department. For the sake of fairness and equity.

Meanwhile, every soul has a right to pursue a good life when their abode is inhabitable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Kossyso: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
ppogba:

Bill is okay but you're just looking at it from one angle.
What are the factors responsible for their being eager to dump the country?
Will you or your child slave and labour for over 7 years in a Uni only to earn peanut in the most I conducive environment?
Let us look at issues without sentiment.
The people in the legislature know what to address before such a bill can make sense to all and sundry.
Slave and labour? Medical and law students get the best training facility in any federal university in Nigeria. No one is saying they should not travel but before you do let the country benefit from her investment in you for at least 5yrs. I think that's fair enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Hair Curly And Beautiful? / Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day / Twitter User Shades Nigeria Over "World Class" Palestinian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.