Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years (26016 Views)

Man Saved By Doctors From Impaled Handle Of A Sledgehammer In Imo (Graphic Photo / Buhari Signs White Paper That Bars Public Doctors From Owning Private Hospitals / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Jaycee07(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
LeoDeKing:

I'm actually sitting in front of a mirror and what I see is a happy face.

Do you know why the face is happy?

Because Nigerians actually escaped a bigot fighting a religious war.

What does this childish tantrum you’re throwing have to this with this article.
I see a poor wretched dying man whose living conditions is so miserly, getting angry and agitated towards a man who can liberate his entire generation from the coven of poverty and malnourishment.Before you mention me, remember that I’m not Igbo. Also remember that Tinubu has no idea whether you nor your family exist on this planet. Don’t also forget that the case is in court.
You must really love APC and other oppressive regimes who has brought untold hardship to Nigerians
You’re a such a pathetic hypocrite.
A happy face indeed .

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by MatrixCircle: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
nedu666:
Waste of time. A Nigeria licence doesn't give u right to work as a doctor abroad. U must obtain the licence of the country u need to work. U must sit and pass their exams.
But I thought you can't get overseas license without first having being licensed by your own regulatory body and be up to date with your registration.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by 30naira: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
Kossyso:

Slave and labour? Medical and law students get the best training facility in any federal university in Nigeria. No one is saying they should not travel but before you do let the country benefit from her investment in you for at least 5yrs. I think that's fair enough.

In those universities, they pay the highest fees as well. Is there special subsidy for medical students I'm not aware of?
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by aestake: 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
Georgejeez:
I support this bill with my full chest .
To whom much is given , much is expected , it's Medical fraud for you to study Medicine on tax payers money for 7 to 8 years , then when it's time to return the favour , you run away to abroad and also rub it on the faces of the upcoming ones to also toe the same line .

If you know and you know that you know that the bill is against your freedom of choice and tantamount to slavery etc , then don't bother to study Medicine in our Public Universities . Better go and study Bio Chem or SLT , if you must study Med , then go to Ghana and other African countries to do that .

But if you want to study Medicine here , you must do that 5 years after your graduation or else declared wanted if you japa before the expiration of 5 years ..

Nonsense and Doctors, selfish and self centered lots , enemies of the State.

What about politicians who meet them in the abroad?
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Mckayzee(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
Eniitankorede:

If they don’t seek the support of medical elders, it will fail. Because they have to change the statute establishing the medical and dental council. The human rights of the students may also be infringed upon. Not every doctor went to public schools where fees are not paid for their education. For those who paid for their training to become doctors, and want to go abroad for further training, it will be difficult to to use legislation to stop them. Because the government didn’t pay for their education. There are plenty of considerations to look at.

Hello boss, I just tried sending you an email, can you please send me an email, I would really like to ask some questions and seek for your advice on something.

Thank you.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ImadeUReadThis: 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
aestake:

I'm but we can't rule a nation.

Biafra no be Nigeria
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by fxexperts: 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Georgejeez:
I support this bill with my full chest .
To whom much is given , much is expected , it's Medical fraud for you to study Medicine on tax payers money for 7 to 8 years , then when it's time to return the favour , you run away to abroad and also rub it on the faces of the upcoming ones to also toe the same line .

If you know and you know that you know that the bill is against your freedom of choice and tantamount to slavery etc , then don't bother to study Medicine in our Public Universities . Better go and study Bio Chem or SLT , if you must study Med , then go to Ghana and other African countries to do that .

But if you want to study Medicine here , you must do that 5 years after your graduation or else declared wanted if you japa before the expiration of 5 years ..

Nonsense and Doctors, selfish and self centered lots , enemies of the State.

Which taxpayers money are you paying tax. you Nigerians are just deluded. No wonder you deserve the type of leaders you get. For your info to study medicine in publics schools here in Nigeria is more expensive compared with Engineering in the same public schools, then tell me man how is it subsidized, They made it cheap by paying the lecturers and other school staffs peanut or are they giving the students free books, why don't they make place these student doctors are scholarship and make them to sign undertaken that they will work in Nigeria for 5 years before relocating abroad, then i believe that can hold water, otherwise this bill is DOA. because all courses in Nigeria are subsidized if that is what you define as been subsidized.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by aestake: 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
ImadeUReadThis:

Biafra no be Nigeria

No matter how you slice this, no light for you, no water, no health care, nothing nothing.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by ImadeUReadThis: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
aestake:

No matter how you slice this, no light for you, no water, no health care, nothing nothing.

At least we are a nation unlike your online pretentious Biafra that will never come to existence
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by aestake: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
ImadeUReadThis:

At least we are a nation unlike your online pretentious Biafra that will never come to existence
And your citizens are running abroad and you're crying. Cry because your politicians are going to meet the Drs abroad.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You are wrong if you really think it is that easy to go with oath certificate to overseas and immediately taken wink I am not referring to temporary license.

The reps are in order for as long as you are educated with tax payers money. Collecting license after being trained with tax payers money and leaving for overseas is not sustainable. I am not about the whataboutism, I am looking at the fact of the system. It is a very expensive training that will eventually crash if they do not have this law that regulates where and how these resources are shipped overseas as wastages of tax payers resources. It is good for them too as it reduces the supply for those enslaving them overseas so the value on them increases .
spits, is this ur worst?
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by yemi1504: 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
arejibadz:

https://twitter.com/HouseNGR/status/1643996023885533184?s=20

https://leadership.ng/breaking-bill-to-regulate-nigerian-medics-from-going-abroad-passes-second-reading/#:~:text=In%20a%20bid%20to%20halt,in%20the%20country%2C%20has%20passed

You don't care about the welfare of doctors now you are forcing them to stay in the country. Easy solution is that those doctors will leave after their secondary education to climes with cheap tuition fees like Ghana and Russia and we are back to the same problem again. It is simple, address the poor welfare of doctors and the brain drain will reduce instead of this nonsense anti-people law that your party is always fond of promulgating. My 2 cents.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Jaycee07(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
nedu666:
Waste of time. A Nigeria licence doesn't give u right to work as a doctor abroad. U must obtain the licence of the country u need to work. U must sit and pass their exams.

Spot on bro.

What that means is that I can take a vacation trip overseas and write my Licensing exams ,
return back to the country,and apply for a medical job in the country whose medical board has certified me with Licensure, get the job and leave.
I was actually hoping to hear and was eager to read what the parliament would be doing not just to stem the tide of doctors leaving, but to increase funding to federal university teaching hospitals while also looking into improving doctors’ renumeration in terms of wages.
HoR are really just chasing Shadows. I don’t see this bill stopping any doctor who truly wants to leave from leaving. I don’t see that happening.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by MatrixCircle: 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Is it only Doctors that are relocating ?? Other healthcare professionals, nurses , sonographers , medical lab scientists are also moving in massively. They will soon extend to them immediately the one for Doctors scale through.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
But they will be the first to be in abroad for ordinary toothache

Nigerians unah deserves the punishment unah voted as leaders ntoooor tongue

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by yemi1504: 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
NLegendforte:
Nonsense bill. Tackle the problem causing the migration

Abi

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by BigIyanga: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Ogbeni, look inward, something is certainly wrong from within.

People that spend 24 hours of each day insulting everybody and everything, do you know the appropriate name and description for them?

You have been insulting everyone since 2015 and there are chances this trend will continue for another 8 years, don't you think there is need for self appraisal?
So Naija medical doctors are only PDP, LP and Igbos?? What does this have to do with politics and criticizing the govt since 2015?
This post wont age well.. wait till 2027 to count your wins and losses. Have you saved for N750/L of petrol and NLC strike??
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by yemi1504: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
Faithfulness88:
Why won't government look at the plight of the doctors and find a way to resolve it.

Does their government ever look at improving any worker's plight? Why do you think their administration has had an unprecedented record of strikes?
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It is obvious, you do not understand me if you really think with this law you will now get that provisional license as easy as you got it. You are confusing a time when there is no law forbiding an action to when there is now a national law against it Are they the same? Do you really know the implication of a law that criminalises what you do even if you are yet to be prosecuted and convicted?

I have laid it out to you where intervention will come is at the provisional license stage and if you truly have gone through it then you will not suggest that without provisional licence you can still go overseas.
And this is the real part of the law that address the "overwise", the law will peescribe that if you flout the law , it will make you liable to conviction. Please did you also go through the training with a criminal conviction record?

I have maintained that the law will come in between the oath taking and taking your full license and you are just confirming it so I do not get your opening line. Once you get the provisional license is not even the real issue, the issue is just jetting out as a fresh medical graduate with no provisional license and even if you jet out with provisional license, the law now makes you liable. So many areas the govt will effect this law you know govt can but not willing to admit it and I am not willing to even disclose further to avoid unnecessary argument.After God na Govt o.
All what you reeks of military dictatorship mentality.

Remember we are in a democracy. Don't forget that.

Oya why not ban other professionals such as tech and engineering? Why focus on only medical practitioners. Very primitive human beings. May God deliver you guys.

You think it is easy to spend 7 years + to bend down to study.

Oya go and carry the knowledge from the doctors na grin grin grin

If u had your way, u would do that without asking questions.

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Thegamingorca(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

But won't they pay for that training in UK? ... Except it's free, if not, it's cheaper here in Nigeria

They are not paying for any housemanship training in UK. You work as a houseofficer to learn the ropes for one year and receive a basic salary that can cater for your basic needs.
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by yemi1504: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
omohayek:

While I'm sure that is the intended effect, I doubt it will work out like that in practice.

For one thing, it will accelerate the departure of all the doctors who already in the pipeline and will be qualified before the bill passes.

The next factor to consider is that many medical students will still have the means and opportunity to proceed abroad to wealthy countries where they can train and qualify, except now they can simply rule out ever returning to Nigeria. The bill therefore shrinks the pool of possible medical practitioners, particularly in fields where the necessary expertise can only be acquired abroad. How many world-class surgeons from places like America's Mayo Clinic are going to leave behind their cushy careers to work as mere trainees in Nigeria, no matter how much they might wish to return home?

The final thing to note is the impact this will have on the number of students who will opt for medicine in the future. Anyone intelligent enough to consider medicine is also smart enough to realize that to the extent this bill actually works, it makes becoming a doctor a much less attractive prospect, and they'd be better off switching to fields where no such restrictions are in place, and qualifications are equally portable (e.g. computer science or engineering).

This is just another example of ignorant Nigerian politicians passing populist legislation that restricts trade, not caring about the inevitable consequences which will result. This mentality is why a petroleum-exporting country has no working refineries and suffers perennial fuel shortages, and it is why power supply has languished at the same capacity for decades even as brand-new power-generating stations lie idle. Passing laws restricting the options of private citizens has never worked to increase the availability of any goods or services, whether we're talking food price controls or restraints on newly qualified doctors.

The right way to get Nigerian doctors to stick around is to make medical practice in Nigeria more attractive, by devoting more financial resources to health (and to primary care in particular), but Nigerians are so blinded by the "awuff" mentality that they would rather pass useless, economy-distorting restrictions rather than actually paying what the market demands for what they want, never mind decades of failure going down this route.

Said the same thing about those doctors leaving after their secondary education instead. It is a very bad idea. Unfortunately, they don't know that as long as they don't address the root cause of why the doctors leave.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by NLegendforte: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
yemi1504:

Abi
Are medical students the only set enjoying subsidized education? They should start by halting politicians' medical tourism, fund teaching hospitals, pay salaries very well etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by fxexperts: 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You obviously do not know how this kind of professional courses work wink This is not Azure or those I.T training licenses o.

You do not have license from the regulators of the medical school you attended and it is now those who do not know you from Adam or your school that will now dash you license? To do what, kill their own citizens?

Do you even realise that to even get their own license is regulated by their own laws which completely forbids what you are imagining. Or you think they will change their own laws because of you?. O ga o.

This is why most Nigerian leaders do not take you guys serious; you do not even understand the issues you are dabbling into.smh
Imagine some guy who doesnt understand what he is saying telling someone who is correcting your ignorance and cluelessness as a joke. Nigerians na waoo..
For your info the Nigeria medical license is only applicable in Nigeria and no country in the world takes it seriously. Just like Engineering, before a any foreigner who schools abroad can practice engineering in Nigeria, they supposed to get the regulatory body Coren license only that Nigeria is failed state that is how it ought to have been. This only shows that our law makers are as clueslless as citizens like you lots. that was how the were warned about this rubbish naira redesign and the dirty Enaira rubbish but the went ahead with the suppose policies and it failed woefully, when lots like you supported them. i cannot believe people can truly be this clueless. i am amazed.

FreeStuffsNG:

You are wrong if you really think it is that easy to go with oath certificate to overseas and immediately taken wink I am not referring to temporary license.

The reps are in order for as long as you are educated with tax payers money. Collecting license after being trained with tax payers money and leaving for overseas is not sustainable. I am not about the whataboutism, I am looking at the fact of the system. It is a very expensive training that will eventually crash if they do not have this law that regulates where and how these resources are shipped overseas as wastages of tax payers resources. It is good for them too as it reduces the supply for those enslaving them overseas so the value on them increases .
Such a daft thinking. no wonder people like these are the ones voting clueless APC to power. Tell me if the medical student didn't pay school fees and buy text books with their own money. Well the policie is dead on Arrival. As it will not hold water, the only way it can hold water is if they ask the schools not to issue certificate of graduation to the graduating doctors, because they Nigerian medical license can only be used to practice in Nigeria. The UK only need your certificate of graduation after which your will write their professional exam and be awarded a UK medical license. i am shocked that our Rep members do not know this. such height of cluelessness is appalling, i am so ashamed of them. they just increased the zeal of our medical graduates to relocate abroad.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Fearyourcreator: 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You obviously do not know how this kind of professional courses work wink This is not Azure or those I.T training licenses o.

You do not have license from the regulators of the medical school you attended and it is now those who do not know you from Adam or your school that will now dash you license? To do what, kill their own citizens?

Do you even realise that to even get their own license is regulated by their own laws which completely forbids what you are imagining. Or you think they will change their own laws because of you?. O ga o.

This is why most Nigerian leaders do not take you guys serious; you do not even understand the issues you are dabbling into.smh
Na just the thing ... Politicians know say many no sabi as e dey go

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Thegamingorca(m): 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
MatrixCircle:

But I thought you can't get overseas license without first having being licensed by your own regulatory body and be up to date with your registration.

The bill is dead on arrival

There is a temporary provisional license with which you use to practice for 2yrs and do your housemanship before it expires after graduation. That license Is just to show ppl that you have the right to touch patients for a time period after graduation during which you must have complete your housemanship. Maybe that license will now be increased to 5yrs due to the bill but that will now make the stress to hurriedly look for housemanship slots easy, and make the graduates focus on getting UK qualifications first.. It is that graduation letter with IELTS and not the provisional license(or the permanent license gotten after housemanship), that is needed to be submitted to examining body in the UK to start the process of writing their exams. And once you pass the exams you must register under GMC within 2yrs with evidence of housemanship. The graduation certificate, your one year housemanship evidence(which you can now do after passing plab2), grin your IELTS and the pass of the two exams that are the Koko requirement to prove that indeed you are a doctor that can practice in UK unsupervised. grin grin grin grin

You only need evidence of your Naija full license or provisional license when you are applying for visa.

Now this is what will happen, Alot of Nigerian doctors will make it a duty and goal to leave before that 5yrs expiration just to show the legislators that they can keep their permanent license cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by yemi1504: 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
NLegendforte:

Are medical students the only set enjoying subsidized education? They should start by halting politicians' medical tourism, fund teaching hospitals, pay salaries very well etc.

You know they will never do that! Anything that reduces their fat allowances which they are currently enjoying is a No No for them. The country can burn to the ground for all they care.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You do not still get it. If you ask nicely, I will enlighten you.

When you finish from an accredited school here in Nigeria, you are given a certificate of oath at induction by the Registrar of your regulatory body . This with clearance from your school ,you will take to secure compulsory one year training at approved facilities and on completion, you are evaluated by your regulatory body before you recieve a temporary licence you can now take to your professional body and complete all other registrations, pay dues etc before you recieve full license.

If you recieve oath certificate alone , you are just a medical graduate and not yet a professional so you are still not licensed. I have not seen countries taking medical graduates clearance of foreigners who did not stidy in their countries in lieu of a practice license from the foreigners home country to enable you take their own registration exams. A Nigerian who is a medical graduate of recognised overseas universities will still go through exams even before getting to do the one-year training. If you fail that you are done for o. It is not automatic o.

The way the law will work is to delay the process from when oath taking takes place to when you recieve full permanent license and make defaulters who flout the 5-year moratorium liable to conviction if they leave before 5 years. You do not want a criminal record as a professional or would you?
This is why you need to understand issues.
After God na Govt o.
Leave am he dey wallow in his ignorance... Many don't know many things na follow follow them dey do online ...
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Shut please and stop spitting rubbish here. You think Nigeria is Cuba. Nigeria is a democratic country while cuba is communist country. Only foola like APC and their illiterate slaves will make reference to cuba in this case. Why not make reference to Canada, USA or Uk where doctors migrate willingly. You can only stop subsidizing the medical training you cant control how people migrate. The moment that bill is passed we will paralyze the whole hospitals in this country. Its the poor and average like you that will suffer it.
You didnt talk about improving the healthcare system and welfare of health workers to make it more attractive. You are obviously jealous and demented APC slave.
If that bill is passed many Nigerians will die either directly or indirectly through the hospitals.
Oga nothing go happen
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Thegamingorca(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Leave am he dey wallow in his ignorance... Many don't know many things na follow follow them dey do online ...

The follow follow will only increase

There is a temporary provisional license with which you use to practice for 2yrs and do your housemanship before it expires after graduation. That license Is just to show ppl that you have the right to touch patients for a time period after graduation during which you must have complete your housemanship. Maybe that license will now be increased to 5yrs due to the bill but that will now make the stress to hurriedly look for housemanship slots easy, and make the graduates focus on getting UK qualifications first.. It is that graduation letter with IELTS and not the provisional license(or the permanent license gotten after housemanship), that is needed to be submitted to examining body in the UK to start the process of writing their exams. And once you pass the exams you must register under GMC within 2yrs with evidence of housemanship. The graduation certificate, your one year housemanship evidence(which you can now do after passing plab2), grin your IELTS and the pass of the two exams that are the Koko requirement to prove that indeed you are a doctor that can practice in UK unsupervised. grin grin grin grin

You only need evidence of your Naija full license or provisional license when you are applying for visa.

Now this is what will happen, Alot of Nigerian doctors will make it a duty and goal to leave before that 5yrs expiration just to show the legislators that they can keep their permanent license cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Thegamingorca(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Na just the thing ... Politicians know say many no sabi as e dey go

Now this is what will be happening, Alot of Nigerian doctors will make it a duty and goal to leave before that 5yrs expiration just to show the legislators that they can keep their permanent license cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Fearyourcreator: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
Thegamingorca:

As usual criminals too plenty... They should travel and study medicine and leave federal school alone subsidizing the fee... Since they can't stay they should leave
Re: Bill To Prevent Medical Doctors From Getting Licence Till After 5 Years by Thegamingorca(m): 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

As usual criminals too plenty... They should travel and study medicine and leave federal school alone subsidizing the fee... Since they can't stay they should leave

Jealousy will only kill you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Hair Curly And Beautiful? / Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day / Twitter User Shades Nigeria Over "World Class" Palestinian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.