Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66105 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Pakman: 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Those in the west will never east and feel like to be at home. In this life, if you don't water your grass, it will never be green, no matter what side you move to. Until you do what 95% are not doing, that's when you will leave the cage of the world matrix.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by demanuel(m): 7:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is a lie and has no economic sense. How can a country, no matter how poor, have no middle class? Let alone Africa's biggest economy? If Egypt and South Africa have middle classes, why not Nigeria? The middle class should be assessed according to Nigeria's economic conditions, not with European or American parameters.

Nigeria has a middle class, no matter how small it might be. In fact, all countries have a middle class as long as that class is measured using the country's economic conditions.
Can you put it in figures? The income level that you can classify as middle class

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerrard59(m): 4:21am On Apr 11, 2023
demanuel:

Can you put it in figures? The income level that you can classify as middle class

It depends on the state. There is no definitive figure, and NBS is better placed to measure it. It is like you asking me to measure the unemployment rate in Nigeria. The metrics are set by economic organisations. But to say there is no middle class in Nigeria is a lie. Even Somalia has a middle class as measured using economic conditions in Somalia.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerrard59(m): 4:23am On Apr 11, 2023
Ezemeiyogu:
Nobody should travel to Canada, I am saying this yet again.

The regulation and protocol there will settle you as an averagely financial individual for long.

I still blame Those who dissolved regional government in Nigeria.

Another mumu talk. Countless people are succeeding in Canada. People should know what they signed up for and plan accordingly. Which one is don't travel to Canada? You get alternative wey dey straightforward and easy as Canada?

The way you talk sef, one will think you are in Canada. Some of you people are so unrealistic.

6 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by seguno2: 6:50am On Apr 11, 2023
Ezemeiyogu:
Nobody should travel to Canada, I am saying this yet again.

The regulation and protocol there will settle you as an averagely financial individual for long.

I still blame Those who dissolved regional government in Nigeria.

So what works are you doing so that the next generation won’t blame you also for not reinstating regional government in our country
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by demanuel(m): 7:24am On Apr 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

It depends on the state. There is no definitive figure, and NBS is better placed to measure it. It is like you asking me to measure the unemployment rate in Nigeria. The metrics are set by economic organisations. But to say there is no middle class in Nigeria is a lie. Even Somalia has a middle class as measured using economic conditions in Somalia.
Pick a state you're very familiar with, and make your analysis.
Personally I feel there's no middle class.

It's either you're rich or just getting by.
95% of Nigerians are "one sickness" away from poverty.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by justwise(m): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2023
caandi:
that’s why they re protesting cos they are paying their white counterparts higher than the blacks for sake job
Uk health practitioners re relocating to US on a daily sef
Okay if she’s lying what now gave her money naa
All this her luxurious mansions and properties here and dere

This is just nonsense, white, black Asians are all going on protest for salary and poor work conditions, lets stop picking up race card each time something happens.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tarantino1000: 10:23am On Apr 11, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Going back to Nigeria is a mistake. I went to England-> Australia -> Canada, went through everything you described and now I'm doing very well.

What are you studying?

This is really inspiring.
How did you do it?

Went through your post and saw that you're a programmer. Also, Happy birthday!
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:50am On Apr 11, 2023
tarantino1000:

This is really inspiring.
How did you do it?

Went through your post and saw that you're a programmer. Also, Happy birthday!

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. It's a story of tears ,blood and sweat. God also placed a lot of kind people in my path

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
When you make threads like this, are you waiting to hear what we have to say or what?
Obviously wanna discourage us from japaing
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerrard59(m): 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
demanuel:

Pick a state you're very familiar with, and make your analysis.
Personally I feel there's no middle class.

It's either you're rich or just getting by.
95% of Nigerians are "one sickness" away from poverty.

A family of two children with a monthly income of at least 250K gross in Cross River that owns the house they stay in and have at least one car is middle class. The sickness part from poverty is true, but does not negate the existence of a middle class.

Ah! How country no go get middle class? So which class patronise the business establishments in the country? Lower class?

No na.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
justwise:

This is what happens when you cheat yourself during visa application and claimed that you have the money to see yourself through your studies.

Sure is. People think they’re cheating immigration by using false POF but they’re really cheating themselves. The different countries make it clear about the minimum needed to survive until finding your footing but people still ask how much they need. Immigration in different countries don’t just pull the amount of required funds out of their asses, they calculate minimum living costs, food, etc. and people who feel they can make it on less almost always struggle and sometimes give up.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
poseidon12:

Apply for which better job in Canada He should instead relocate to US.

Relocate to the US? And how is he supposed to do that? Even if he was able to, if he is struggling and tired in Canada, he won’t make it here in the US.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:38pm On Apr 11, 2023
mercysamuelson:
1Sharon

You might just set a new precedent.

Yes, here in the US, jobs are available if you want to work even with your high school certificate or with no school certificate. Just be sure you have your genuine documents and your work permit. Not talking about those with visit visa o. You'll be amaze at the amount you'll be receiving at every payday even when you're paying high Bill's.

This guy is right. With genuine documents, you can always find work to do. My baby cousin who moved here for school is making legal money doing something most people overlook plus she’s doing her work study campus job. There’s always something you can do to bring home some nice money.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tarantino1000: 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. It's a story of tears ,blood and sweat. God also placed a lot of kind people in my path

You're welcome chief..
I'm glad things worked out for you in the end. It certainly wasn't easy. About to embark on mine after my uncle based in the US told me his intention of sponsoring me for my Master's next year.

Studied computer science too
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wsx2:

That’s a lie sister, a nurse in the uk earns 14pounds per hour , they still protest last month for wage increase so how is someone getting 6k a week in US

I don’t know about $6k per week but nurses in the US take home pretty high earnings. The average registered nurse here in the US earns between $35-$50 (or more per hour), depending on experience and location. Anything over 40 hours in a week is calculated at their hourly rate+1/2 of their hourly rate per hour so if a nurse making $40 per hour works overtime, each hour past 40 will be $60 per hour. If the nurse works agency or as a travel nurse, they can easily earn $75 or more an hour. If a nurse making $40/hour works 40 hours plus 10 hours of overtime a week, that would be $8,800 gross each month—-and many nurses make more than that hourly and overtime rate.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
tarantino1000:

You're welcome chief..
I'm glad things worked out for you in the end. It certainly wasn't easy. About to embark on mine after my uncle based in the US told me his intention of sponsoring me for my Master's next year.

Studied computer science too

You can never go wrong with comp science. If there's option to do your research on machine learning, natural language processing etc do that.

Also distributed computing will be around for a while to come. Also when it's time for your internship hit me up.

Do you know how to code right now?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Ezemeiyogu(m): 11:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

Another mumu talk. Countless people are succeeding in Canada. People should know what they signed up for and plan accordingly. Which one is don't travel to Canada? You get alternative wey dey straightforward and easy as Canada?

The way you talk sef, one will think you are in Canada. Some of you people are so unrealistic.

...and where in my post did I say people re not succeeding in Canada, did you not see the stated reason? Carry your frustration outta here.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Ezemeiyogu(m): 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
seguno2:

So what works are you doing so that the next generation won’t blame you also for not reinstating regional government in our country

Where in my comment were you affected in particular?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by bunlizlaw(f): 2:22am On Apr 13, 2023
justwise:

This is what happens when you cheat yourself during visa application and claimed that you have the money to see yourself through your studies.
I was going to say this smiley. When they ask for Proof of funds during visa application, most people try to bypass it. Anyone relocating to Canada via any routes need to have their complete POF, no short cuts here in Canada; unless they want to suffer.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by bunlizlaw(f): 2:28am On Apr 13, 2023
sihamey:

This is the reason most Nigerians abroad becomes YouTuber , TikToker and skit maker to survive abroad because the reality is done them over there, you can join them or you come back to Nija

This is not true.Different strokes for different folks. Poster immigrated as a student which obviously limits his chances in terms of working full time.Any one who immigrates as a skilled worker wouldn't be complaining this way. Canada is a blessed country filled with opportunities. I'm glad to be a part of it.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by bunlizlaw(f): 2:31am On Apr 13, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
It's not always greener on the other side especially when you travel to obodo oyibo through the window like you did but I must add that you sound lazy too, no offense.

You barely arrived a new country in January and expect to land a CEO job eekwa?

Before you left Naija, you should have had a long term plan in place and this should be your first stage in the plan.

Except you land in US/Canada with permanent resident card, you will most likely pass through the stage you are in now which I term endurance stage.

You are even lucky. Your story is sweet sef compared to the ones I've heard from older Naija men in the States who did three part time odd jobs and still were going to school with all the stress associated with transportation and weather.

These days, as Naija boys arrive yankee, next thing na to buy car and be oppressing people on Instagram. cheesy

All I'm saying is bros, sit your ass down and work your way up to the level you wanna be because the opportunity is always there in Canada for you unlike in Naija where it's not guaranteed.

But if you think otherwise, well air ticket is low now. I just bought British Airways PE return ticket for $2,550 so one way ticket from Canada to Naija fit no reach $500 for regular economy. Safe trip back home sir. cheesy
Your last comment got me laughing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by hodari: 12:15am On Apr 14, 2023
I don't know what happened to the USA and other western countries. They've become total shytholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWmKh13b50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLC48jZPrc
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Shaneroberts: 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tarantino1000: 2:44am On Apr 19, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

You can never go wrong with comp science. If there's option to do your research on machine learning, natural language processing etc do that.

Also distributed computing will be around for a while to come. Also when it's time for your internship hit me up.

Hello Boss, sorry for my late response here. I don't even know what I did to these mods here that they literally banned me for a week for an offence I don't even understand.

I've thought about machine learning and from my research, it seems so academic and rigourous and I'm having doubts about it.

Distributed computing actually seems nice.

And about the coding, I'm currently building up my skill. Tbh, I didn't code for the past two years cos of hustling and no laptop. I picked it up this Jan and I'm progressing, I believe.

Thanks for the offer boss, I'll hit you up when the time is right. If I may ask, what is your field exactly?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by martins2021: 3:48am On Apr 19, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Hello sir, I am into deep learning and natural language processing. Which one is bette Ph.d scholarship in USA or Canada?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:58am On Apr 19, 2023
martins2021:
Hello sir, I am into deep learning and natural language processing. Which one is bette Ph.d scholarship in USA or Canada?

The question is complicated and what conplicates it is, the comparison between the potential schools in both countries.

For example if you have a scholarship to study deep learning in University of Toronto vs University of Tennessee, I will choose UoT.

That being said even though I live in Canada, I will generally recommend USA all things being equal.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:59am On Apr 19, 2023
tarantino1000:

Hello Boss, sorry for my late response here. I don't even know what I did to these mods here that they literally banned me for a week for an offence I don't even understand.

I've thought about machine learning and from my research, it seems so academic and rigourous and I'm having doubts about it.

Distributed computing actually seems nice.

And about the coding, I'm currently building up my skill. Tbh, I didn't code for the past two years cos of hustling and no laptop. I picked it up this Jan and I'm progressing, I believe.

Thanks for the offer boss, I'll hit you up when the time is right. If I may ask, what is your field exactly?

I am a software engineer that focuses on building highly scalable distributed systems
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by martins2021: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

The question is complicated and what conplicates it is, the comparison between the potential schools in both countries.

For example if you have a scholarship to study deep learning in University of Toronto vs University of Tennessee, I will choose UoT.

That being said even though I live in Canada, I will generally recommend USA all things being equal.

Thank you for the replied. My fear is the immigration route to become citizenship which Canada gives such opportunity. I don't want to go back home after my studies. What do you think?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by hammed71(m): 9:43am On Apr 19, 2023
you guys bashing the guy do you know how many canadians and americans are leaving their country,hope you know drag queens and the LGBTQ gang are going to be teaching your kids and confusing them that there are more than two genders
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
martins2021:
Thank you for the replied. My fear is the immigration route to become citizenship which Canada gives such opportunity. I don't want to go back home after my studies. What do you think?

That is another important consideration, depending on your age you can still study in the USA and get your permanent residency in Canada.

That being said you are correct it is easier to stay back permanently in Canada

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot / Lady Bows Down After Returning From Libya With Other Stranded Nigerians / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.