Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66097 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by occfx: 5:22am On Apr 10, 2023
labake1:

The way Nigerians are putting hopes in Obi, I hope you won't be disappointed later

No I am not putting hope in Obi but I am afraid of Buhari pro max... Tinubu exhibited all the characteristics of Buhari and openly said he will continue where Buhari stopped. My brother, no sane person will ever wish for another Buhari. Anyone who think so, it's insane including those who voted for him.

Buhari is old, Tinubu is old
Buhari don't have certificate. Same with Tinubu
Buhari avoids debates same with Tinubu
Buhari frequents London for treatment same with tinubu
Buhari is autocratic, same with BAT
Buhari believes he is above Nigeria constitution, same with BAT
Buhari does not condemn Fulani terrorists same with Tinubu
Buhari says a particular ethnic group is irrelevant same with Tinubu
Buhari arrests anyone who criticizes him in a democratic settings, same with tinubu.

To make matters worse, Tinubu background cannot be traced, he has a case of drug business, his source of wealth is unknown.

When we talk about good government, we are talking about planning the country in a path of continues progress and economic development ... Tinubu could not explain how to achieve that.. It is insane to award mark or promote someone who fails examination woefully but when you promote someone who passed exam and he didn't do well in the next class, you did the right thing after all.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Politicalziggy: 5:58am On Apr 10, 2023
I just pity your life in advance. Hummmm. I went to Nigeria to spend 3 months from United States of America last year. Chaiiiiiiii Chaiiiiiiii. Up till now , am still crying and weeping for that country and it's people. Unless you become a politician from the ruling party or get involved in shedding or clandestine activity. But I pity you and your decision.

I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Politicalziggy: 6:05am On Apr 10, 2023
Kingray10:
Just change the job
apply for a better job.
Case closed

Leave am make him dey talk anyhow. Let him go back home. Rubbish
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Adakintroy: 6:45am On Apr 10, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Okay once one buys goat they are set in Nigeria. I don't know if it's a copy strategy but the advice I see on nairaland is just so silly to be honest.

Its not because its silly. Its because you want It to be. Best advice are simple ones. Most are addicted to complicated meaning. If they don't five their mind something to wrestle and untangle, they don't feel like meaningfully accomplish.

Buy goats in rural areal (its cheaper) and let them mate with themselves lots of grass available. My point is they literarily duplicate themselves. can't lead you further.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tundsog: 6:55am On Apr 10, 2023
Baba, that your own na smallest thing, if you come UK here you go see the kind hard labour wey we dey do to survive as students. I swear many guys here still dey see us as bn privileged, because e dey very hard to get jobs here ds days. d day wey I miss my bus because I close late 4 work, na inside terrible cold I dey stand for road side till morning. No one to help me, I nearly commit suicide. Na last week matter be ds ooo. Many naija guys dey sleep outside every night here. Since yesterday wey I go work, I no fit carry my body... But things go get better with time trust me. people back home! kindly appreciate everything penny people send to you from abroad. It's not easy as thought back home.[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by sihamey: 7:34am On Apr 10, 2023
Gerrard59:

Always check the registration date to know how long the moniker has been on Nairaland. Some of them (they've been caught) are people who have been repeatedly denied visa to foreign countries and are currently on the mission to dissuade, create cock and bull stories to paint the exodus in a bad light.

If OP was boosting how he plan to Jakpa to Canada with so much downgrading Nigeria before he Jakpa now he got to Canada to see the reality he is currently facing do you expect him to use same Monika to post this You will be the one that will dig out his old post where he was insulting nigeria before he left wink
People create new account for a reason

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Ablemed: 7:49am On Apr 10, 2023
EndBuhariNow:
keep believing u will make it in a country where people burn other people's shop because they didn't allien with them In electoral malpractice

whoever is involved, That's their business
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by PStacks(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

My Guy, you are Already in It now. Endurance and serious Patience is what you need now to take your next calculated step because from what you say, if you had a clearer picture when you were in Nigeria, you wouldnt be complaining like this.

So settle down and Pray to God Before you take any further rash decision because i believe even if you come back to Nigeria, your former job would not be waiting for you and you possibly might have sold all ur belongings in naija before you japa. so calm down and take a deep breath and think of your next best possible alternative
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by theamazonguru(m): 8:28am On Apr 10, 2023
Eastcoastboy:

If it was that poor much people wouldn't be doing it.

Do you know how much a 1M naira views can get you?
Lol.
Exactly the reason they keep churning out contents after contents in order to be able.to make something substantial.

DYOR.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by justwise(m): 8:44am On Apr 10, 2023
Wsx2:

Dear except you are politician children who live on stolen funds , no matter how much you come in here with , within few months without job you will be close to broke,

If you come to Toronto with 15,000,000million naira changed to cad , you will end up spending it on rent and food within 1year and few months, now tell me how many people can even afford 15m in nigeria , how many civil servants can raise 15m easily in nigeria

This is not true, many normal Nigerians without any political connection do travel and survive because they planned and worked hard.

If you are on budget then you have no business traveling to a country or city that is out of your pocket.

Many Nigerians just want to travel but spent little time to plan or to know cheaper country or city to start with.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Mondosadex: 10:28am On Apr 10, 2023
Oga leave story come back home if you are not ok
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobodysboo(m): 10:45am On Apr 10, 2023
Can we swap places please
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by damzy88: 10:59am On Apr 10, 2023
MT:

Money dey everywhere in all part of the globe.

Two things are just prerequisites BEFORE you can lay claims to the golden key that opens the door :

1. Your legal permit in the country.
2. The values you possess. Are they much sought after values.

If you don't have both as stated above, you might be building a house in Nigeria, but you know truthfully you are living below the poverty line where you live and slaving away!

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Fantazy(m): 11:23am On Apr 10, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

I'm the one saying this through you!
I never knew there are people who have the same mindset like I do (here u are! )

A lot of people believe they can make it immediately they leave Nigeria not knowing that everywhere is almost the same, unless you have someone pushing you.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by millionboi2: 11:35am On Apr 10, 2023
inoki247:
Lol las las everybody go dey alright..

That's how I'm looking my friend like this he dey du UK level dem ask him for 10k pounds to arrange am for him....

When I no mad why will I carry my hard earned 10m that's equivalent to 10meter to go slave for anoda man country....

The country wey we say he bad we are still earning millions derr I go come carry that million go burn...
I tire4dem
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by sihamey: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2023
PStacks:

My Guy, you are Already in It now. Endurance and serious Patience is what you need now to take your next calculated step because from what you say, if you had a clearer picture when you were in Nigeria, you wouldnt be complaining like this.

So settle down and Pray to God Before you take any further rash decision because i believe even if you come back to Nigeria, your former job would not be waiting for you and you possibly might have sold all ur belongings in naija before you japa. so calm down and take a deep breath and think of your next best possible alternative
That clear picture he did not get before he Jakpa to Canada is what he is trying to let others who plan to Jakpa to get the clear picture and they are insulting the guy. Probably he heard it before he Jakpa from experience people but did not believe it like many people here and might be one of those who was shouting Come back home
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by millionboi2: 12:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
goslowgoslow:

Japa is not only for people who are not doing well, some people japa for some other reasons especially security.
is for ppl who are poor, if you are rich u go for vacation simple.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Kobicove(m): 1:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
flokii:
So many japa geng are returning home by themselves.. if cold.no finish you, depression or boredom will set in.
No place like home.

grin
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by goslowgoslow(m): 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2023
millionboi2:
is for ppl who are poor, if you are rich u go for vacation simple.
Indeed! I have friends who are wealthy that Japa, one japa because he was almost kidnapped with his family and he gets threats every time. People japa for various reasons rich or poor, but of course the poor japa the most.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by damzy88: 1:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
kabukabu50:
Every single post about traveling abroad is filled with 90% of people who have never left their small village or town throwing around useless opinions.

If you have zero travel experience

Or you hear from your neighbor or distant cousins

Or your only experience is getting rejected at the embassy or deported keep your opinions to yourself.

There is a reason your wealthy and politicians send their children to school here and come here for medical treatment.

There is a reason why Nigerian communities in the US and all over the West are some of the most successful in the world.

If you have the ability to travel legally and are a hardworking determined person,you will succeed abroad.

If you're travelling with no legal documents,are a fraudster,have no work ethic and lack drive whatsoever then your probably going to fail.

Your foundation is what will be the difference maker.

Gbam
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ogawisdom(m): 2:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

Coming back to Nigeria should not be an option except you are coming back with enough money to invest.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Wsx2: 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gerrard59:

Why is it so? Too many people and/or fewer jobs?
few limited skilled jobs with many qualified people on the queue and many people are also coming , the unskilled jobs are very hard and also difficult to get a better one!
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by millionboi2: 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
goslowgoslow:

Indeed! I have friends who are wealthy that Japa, one japa because he was almost kidnapped with his family and he gets threats every time. People japa for various reasons rich or poor, but of course the poor japa the most.
still thesame thy are just rich in your eyes not really as rich as thy suppose to have be.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by goslowgoslow(m): 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
millionboi2:
still thesame thy are just rich in your eyes not really as rich as thy suppose to have be.
Bro na you know them abi? Have a nice day.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerrard59(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
Wsx2:
few limited skilled jobs with many qualified people on the queue and many people are also coming , the unskilled jobs are very hard and also difficult to get a better one!

The attractive thing about Canada is its ease of being a naturalised citizen and its benefits regarding working in the US. Other than that, Canada would have been a big-for-nothing Norway and a second-class UK. She is lucky America is abut to her.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerrard59(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Nigeria has no middle class, it is either you are poor or you are rich. Many folks working in Nigeria cannot boast of 1 million naira in their accounts.

That is a lie and has no economic sense. How can a country, no matter how poor, have no middle class? Let alone Africa's biggest economy? If Egypt and South Africa have middle classes, why not Nigeria? The middle class should be assessed according to Nigeria's economic conditions, not with European or American parameters.

Nigeria has a middle class, no matter how small it might be. In fact, all countries have a middle class as long as that class is measured using the country's economic conditions.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by caandi: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Wsx2:

That’s a lie sister, a nurse in the uk earns 14pounds per hour , they still protest last month for wage increase so how is someone getting 6k a week in US
I said Us not Uk o
They pay more on Us especially California, New York
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by caandi: 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2023
Wsx2:

That’s a lie sister, a nurse in the uk earns 14pounds per hour , they still protest last month for wage increase so how is someone getting 6k a week in US
that’s why they re protesting cos they are paying their white counterparts higher than the blacks for sake job
Uk health practitioners re relocating to US on a daily sef
Okay if she’s lying what now gave her money naa
All this her luxurious mansions and properties here and dere
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by caandi: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
poseidon12:

Ok, got you. At her level, she can earn that much.
thank you for understanding some re still quoting me saying it’s a lie
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Ezemeiyogu(m): 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nobody should travel to Canada, I am saying this yet again.

The regulation and protocol there will settle you as an averagely financial individual for long.

I still blame Those who dissolved regional government in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
theamazonguru:

Lol.
Exactly the reason they keep churning out contents after contents in order to be able.to make something substantial.

DYOR.

Well I guess Facebook pays more then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot / Lady Bows Down After Returning From Libya With Other Stranded Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.