Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? (33165 Views)

Didisassy: "If You Allow Man Grab Your Butt In Public, You Lack Home Training’’ / Can You Allow Your Friend To Stay With Your Partner When You're Not Around? / "Allow Your Husband Marry His Girlfriend & Have Sex Together" - Linda Uju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by risos(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
He meant at what time would you allow her natural resources to be exploited, the ones in kindergarten already have boy friendS

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by CaptainFM1: 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2023
I will educate her about sexual education but I will regularly create the fear in her throughout her teenage years......Who born monkey?

The moment she's 20. I will allow her to start making informed decision of her own. I'm sure the society would have taught her some good lessons too during her teenage years... especially, when she sees, Amina, Cynthia and Amaka with Belle at 15 and had to drop out of school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by xynerise: 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2023

Have boyfriend for marriage not fucking galore

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by odenkirk: 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
Villa12:
I disagree

Pray to God to give you obedience children. My neighbour has a grown up boy in his 30s but tormenting the community and family

Those prisoners are mostly boys you know?
but nobody go disturb u as his father. but if ur daughter LovePeddler around or get belle from one useless man u too go sufferer am
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Hotguy27: 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:
There is no Gainsaying that Young Pple (Teens) need Love and Affection from the Opposite Sex as they grow Older. πŸ™‚

For Girls, this is a MUST.
They Need Attention, Flattery and Romantic Disturbances From Guys,
the Lack of it which Makes them Feel InComplete as a FEMALE. sad embarassed

So as a Parent,
WHAT AGE WILL YOU ALLOW UR DAUGHTER TO START DATING?
I.E. HAVING A BOYFRIEND. πŸ€” smiley

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.

At what age did you start yours? Did you wait till 20 years?

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Villa12(m): 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
efficiencie:

Define "dating" and "boyfriend". Are you asking for the age when you daughter can start having random sex? If that is the question I think you should already have the answer. Your daughter can start having random sex from 18 years of age. However if you mean at what age do you start preparing your daughter for marriage, then you should by now have known that such training should start from day 1. By observing both you and your husband, she has already started learning what it means to be a wife and what it means to have a husband. At age 13 she should start getting comfortable with serving her household, following in your footsteps - if indeed that is what you do. At age 19 she should have answered the purpose, destiny and GOD questions and understood the concept and relevance of a "good fit". At age 20, let her live her life and make her own decisions.

If you excel as a parent, your daughter will not need your direct intervention in her conjugal life at age 20.
I disagree at bolded. You make it sound like it's normal to engage in sex once she's 18. People still get married a virgin you know? Your daughter can be one. Why can't you teach her the importance of Body Autonomy and being celibacy? Why can't you teach her the danger of having random sex as you claimed? Even though i understand most youths now engage in series of sex, there are exceptional. People still keep themselves till marriage. My sister was one of them. She was married a virgin at 24.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Xkale1996(m): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:
There is no Gainsaying that Young Pple (Teens) need Love and Affection from the Opposite Sex as they grow Older. πŸ™‚

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.
if na girl
Omo the guy must serious about getting married to her and no outing
He can take her out when they got married but not under watch while single
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Innobee99(m): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
Will ur daughter inform u?

Dey play urself
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by NairaMaster1(m): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.

A responsible won't even ask this question because it's even wrong to have a boyfriend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Abolodje: 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.
As long as she’s ripe to bring in money for the family

Make una leave me abeg
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Xkale1996(m): 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
Reminderz:
the thing is that you can't even decide if she has a boyfriend or not believe me... unless you restrict her and lock her up inside... men will always come for her especially if she's beautiful... that's nature..

the only thing you can do for her that won't make her go astray and end up as a damaged or frustrated feminist later is to instill good values in her... starting from marrying a virtuous wife and also teaching her what she needs to know about men and relationship as she grows.. don't be too harsh on her and don't be too soft either...

with your guidance, teachings and her mother's love, she will learn to understand what needs to be done... if you marry a bad woman, you'll regret it... because she will be the one to spend most of her time with her and she will definitely transfer her bad energy and personality to her and she will end up miserable and damaged...
oil dey ur head me the guy must be serious and no aide seeing
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by YelloweWest: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
There's no age for me. I only advice that you start dating when you are ready to marry. Dating is not for fun, especially as a Christian. Ultimately it's her choice.
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by YelloweWest: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.
Not realistic! I got married at 18
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by NBAjunior: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
CountDooku:
At what age can you bear to see your girl child under a man while he is pumping her furiously ?

grin grin
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Xkale1996(m): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
tommy589:

My daughter can not introduce her boyfriend to me except they have something serious that may lead to marriage.

I am a liberal minded person and was ready to go with the flow if I see her with a guy when she was in Secondary School, but she chose not to.She visits occasionally now due to schooling. But I was not going to be fretful if I saw her with a guy when she was 14
true talk
The guy must be serious or else
Let me go and no side seeing or outing

He can take her out when they are married not single
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Villa12(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
odenkirk:
but nobody go disturb u as his father. but if ur daughter LovePeddler around or get belle from one useless man u too go sufferer am
the highest that could happen to a girl child is pregnancy right? But boy child get plenty wahala. Drugs, armed robbery, rapist, Yahoo, fighting, pick pocket, thieves and many more. Boys are like 95% of prisoners in our correctional centres
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by NBAjunior: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
Make ona day play 19 year old girl don get 8 bodycount

No be them i day Bleep?

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by NBAjunior: 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
AlabiKILLER2021:
I will first sample her

As a father
I will penetrate her first

It's good to her sexxx with your teenage girl

As a responsible father
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by lawani: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
Children can have friends but you should not encourage your daughters to have sex before marriage. No one should do that. Don't encourage your sons to take advantage of girls. Extensive and assorted dating should be encouraged. Don't encourage your kids to think someone is meant for them if that person don't immediately feel the same way about them. Life is too short for all that. If they can't commit, don't commit ever. Have strong reasons to commit and strong reasons to detach.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Sprints3: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
13 years she free to experience the heart break of men but she can start to receive gbola at 16 years. Her virginity is her choice I will not force her life is short.
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by RenaissanceGuy: 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
Why the over-concentration on girls, as if fornication can take place without the involvement of the other gender?? Why not include the boys, or is it not boys the girls will be sleeping with??

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by ReluctantAdult(m): 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2023
kkins25:
My 12-year-old daughter identifies as a 22-year-old adult. Therefore, She is free to do as she pleases. Please, Incase you were to come for my head, Know that, I also identify as cat. grin grin grin meow!
cheesy cheesy
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by preshgiftcards: 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
We sell and supply all kinds of solar inverter, lights and panels @ the best market price. Hit me on here 08133042302, 08162491361
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by efficiencie(m): 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
Villa12:
I disagree at bolded. You make it sound like it's normal to engage in sex once she's 18. People still get married a virgin you know? Your daughter can be one. Why can't you teach her the importance of Body Autonomy and being celibacy? Why can't you teach her the danger of having random sex as you claimed? Even though i understand most youths now engage in series of sex, there are exceptional. People still keep themselves till marriage. My sister was one of them. She was married a virgin at 24.

Great to know that ladies get married as virgins. My response was in two parts and it depended on how we define 'boyfriend' and 'dating'. For some people dating means hanging out and having sex with one's boyfriend and for those people random sex can start at 18. Quite frankly that is how these terms are being used these days. As for me sex must only happen among married couples and hence 'dating' and 'boyfriend' are not in my vocabulary rather I reckon with the more moral replacements, 'courtship' and 'husband'. A lady should never set out to have a boyfriend rather she should set out to have a husband. Also a man should never set out to have a girlfriend rather he should set out to find a wife. Instead of dating, hanging out and hooking up, folks should engage in courtship - a period of questioning, agreement, planning and preparing for married life.
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Dzzzz: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
First ask yourself if you have good talk with your daughter and secondly don’t expect her to tell you
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by correctyourself(m): 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
Anny69:
My mum once told me I can have a boyfriend after secondary school, at the University now she said after uni, lol. grin

But you have started testing dick in Uni, right? cheesy

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by NBAjunior: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sprints3:
13 years she free to experience the heart break of men but she can start to receive gbola at 16 years. Her virginity is her choice I will not force her life is short.

Na me go first disvirgin her with my 9inches rod

She go shout die

grin grin
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Benwallt(m): 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Villa12:
I swear down. I was on my way when i heard a secondary school girl shouting at a mantrying to woo her. The man should be in his 40s

Girls are really trying seriously. Yet, some do keep themselves till marriage. They deserve an award seriously

You see. 40 plus to a secondary school girl, it will take raw guts for her to escape that man eventually. Girls dey try. Not to talk of some being disturbed by their own uncle's o, or their father's friends. They kept all these to their chest n forge on. They are trying my brother.

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by BePrepared: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
RedChiefPriest:
When she is old enough for marriage,anything before that is forbidden.
Early dating is what is leading to huge body counts or what do most people do in relationships nowadays?
Is it not having sex,deceiving one another and do nonsense up and down.
Relationship is to get to know one another before marriage,so when she is close to that age then she should get into one.

Almost the only one making sense here

How do I share a thousand time.

What this wayward gen call relationship is just sex package nothing more

Adulterous gen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by imagrg(m): 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
No boyfriend until she marries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by bluefilm: 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.

What if that your daughter is already a lesbo?
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Pitto: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
There is no need for boy friend/ girl friend, once she is 20 - 22. She should be ready for marriage.

NO to boy friend / girl friend once you love her and she loves you in return bring him home.

His parents will be requested to come

That's is all.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Marry A Female Doctor / Is Your Girlfriend Really Your Girlfriend? / What Is The Craziest Thing You've Ever Done To Revenge On Your EX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.