Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? (33162 Views)

Didisassy: "If You Allow Man Grab Your Butt In Public, You Lack Home Training’’ / Can You Allow Your Friend To Stay With Your Partner When You're Not Around? / "Allow Your Husband Marry His Girlfriend & Have Sex Together" - Linda Uju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Luckysbab: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
tongue
Westerhoffe:

grin

Instead of thanking me!
So one can not help another person again?
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by MartinsD12(m): 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
VinnyBaba:

You can't hide ur Head in the sand and run away from the Truth.

Most Teenage Girls, like their Male counterparts have High sexual Hormones.πŸ€”

Also due to Peer Pressure and media, Many of them crave Being in a Relationship with Guys.πŸ˜•

As a Parent, you should set a Time Frame for them to have Boyfriend. Then give them guidelines on the Relationship. πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

No need for Pretense, here! sad
Nothing like pretence I have said my opinion and that is what I will abide with

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by dkidd: 8:14am On Aug 10, 2023
emmajew:

My first daughter is as well almost 3 years.
My wife and I almost running BP trying to control her.
Except she is asleep, there'll be no moment of rest for anyone except she is asleep
and she won't sleep till midnight and sometimes we have to be awake till 2-3 a.m. At other times
when she manages to sleep 10 pm, she wakes up as we are prepping to sleep and that is goodbye to sleep for that night.

My flat is now looking like the ruins from Ukraine war front. I dont even bother to arrange anything anymore. If the remote control isnt swimming in water, then somebody's phone may be in her cup of tea, then my laptop has had most of its keyboard buttons pulled up.

The little freedom we can have is to surrender the phones for her to watch her cartoons on them both or nothing works. If there is light
she is busy with Disney Junior with intermittently running at you for a brief cuddle. Then if the light goes of you better be at the generator shed or you get a bite accompanied by scattering the cushions.

September where are you abeg, I must transfer this trouble to someone else, at least part of it.
I can't wait to start experiencing this Chaii 😁

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by BluntCrazeMan: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
VinnyBaba:
There is no Gainsaying that Young Pple (Teens) need Love and Affection from the Opposite Sex as they grow Older. πŸ™‚

For Girls, this is a MUST.
They Need Attention, Flattery and Romantic Disturbances From Guys,
the Lack of it which Makes them Feel InComplete as a FEMALE. sad embarassed

So as a Parent,
WHAT AGE WILL YOU ALLOW UR DAUGHTER TO START DATING?
I.E. HAVING A BOYFRIEND. πŸ€” smiley

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.
Once a girl has started seeing her periods,, you better start to teach her everything about womanhood without being so raw and dirty about it.

But she must know the things that are happening to her.
And even let her know that she would start liking cute men.. and that it is normal.

Teach her how to cope with such, and how to control it.

If you teach her enough,, then, whenever she has any man in her life, she will let you know.
So that she wouldn't make some mistakes, whereas she has someone who would take her through the whole phase.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by VinnyBaba: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Once a girl has started seeing her periods,, you better start to teach her everything about womanhood without being so raw and dirty about it.

But she must know the things that are happening to her.
And even let her know that she would start liking cute men.. and that it is normal.

Teach her how to cope with such, and how to control it.

If you teach her enough,, then, whenever she has any man in her life, she will let you know.
So that she wouldn't make some mistakes, whereas she has someone who would take her through the whole phase.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Very Nice comment!

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by aisha1314(f): 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
I will allow it at 18 because 18 is the adult age and also the age of consent here. I wouldn't allow a teenager to date because I see dating as an adult thing nit something children should be doing.

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by lawani: 12:58am On Aug 28, 2023
aisha1314:
I will allow it at 18 because 18 is the adult age and also the age of consent here. I wouldn't allow a teenager to date because I see dating as an adult thing nit something children should be doing.
There are trillions of Gods and a crowd follow each person. Any God you believe in exists. Even the Muslim Allah who people believe in and do suicide bombing and the Christian Jehovah who forgives somebody whose victim is still writhing in pains. They all exist as thugs in the spirit realm but the real benevolent father God of all human beings from Indians to Chinese to Japanese to Yoruba and everybody also exists and the Yoruba call him Olodumare. He is the one who said in his letter to the world in June that Ogunda Ose will rule the year ending June next year. Irosun Osa will also rule. Ogunda Ose says a conquest will lead to creation for the world and it came with aje (wealth). Irosun Osa also said conflict will lead to blessings or increase for the. world. It came with aiku. Islam and Christianity will be conquered before June 2024 to create a new world that will be without religion. Only various traditions will be reverted to. There is no need for you to be an atheist since before Islam, your ancestors were not atheists. Atheism is childlike innocence.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by NewDea4: 8:20am On Aug 28, 2023
lawani:

There are trillions of Gods and a crowd follow each person. Any God you believe in exists. Even the Muslim Allah who people believe in and do suicide bombing and the Christian Jehovah who forgives somebody whose victim is still writhing in pains. They all exist as thugs in the spirit realm but the real benevolent father God of all human beings from Indians to Chinese to Japanese to Yoruba and everybody also exists and the Yoruba call him Olodumare. He is the one who said in his letter to the world in June that Ogunda Ose will rule the year ending June next year. Irosun Osa will also rule. Ogunda Ose says a conquest will lead to creation for the world and it came with aje (wealth). Irosun Osa also said conflict will lead to blessings or increase for the. world. It came with aiku. Islam and Christianity will be conquered before June 2024 to create a new world that will be without religion. Only various traditions will be reverted to. There is no need for you to be an atheist since before Islam, your ancestors were not atheists. Atheism is childlike innocence.

I think you quoted the wrong person.

Your observations are very valid though..

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by lawani: 8:52am On Aug 28, 2023
NewDea4:

I think you quoted the wrong person.

Your observations are very valid though..

I replied to the information on her display picture

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Georgejeez: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2023
emmajew:

My first daughter is as well almost 3 years.
My wife and I almost running BP trying to control her.
Except she is asleep, there'll be no moment of rest for anyone except she is asleep
and she won't sleep till midnight and sometimes we have to be awake till 2-3 a.m. At other times
when she manages to sleep 10 pm, she wakes up as we are prepping to sleep and that is goodbye to sleep for that night.

My flat is now looking like the ruins from Ukraine war front. I dont even bother to arrange anything anymore. If the remote control isnt swimming in water, then somebody's phone may be in her cup of tea, then my laptop has had most of its keyboard buttons pulled up.

The little freedom we can have is to surrender the phones for her to watch her cartoons on them both or nothing works. If there is light
she is busy with Disney Junior with intermittently running at you for a brief cuddle. Then if the light goes of you better be at the generator shed or you get a bite accompanied by scattering the cushions.

September where are you abeg, I must transfer this trouble to someone else, at least part of it.

grin grin grin grin na this one de like give Man wahala later , biko don't send her to a Boarding school, she will likely become worse .

I'm sure she will calm down later in life , na so me and my siblings be for small , see us now , calm as ice .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Marry A Female Doctor / Is Your Girlfriend Really Your Girlfriend? / What Is The Craziest Thing You've Ever Done To Revenge On Your EX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.