Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? (33168 Views)

Didisassy: "If You Allow Man Grab Your Butt In Public, You Lack Home Training’’ / Can You Allow Your Friend To Stay With Your Partner When You're Not Around? / "Allow Your Husband Marry His Girlfriend & Have Sex Together" - Linda Uju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by emmajew(m): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
My first daughter is as well almost 3 years.
My wife and I almost running BP trying to control her.
Except she is asleep, there'll be no moment of rest for anyone except she is asleep
and she won't sleep till midnight and sometimes we have to be awake till 2-3 a.m. At other times
when she manages to sleep 10 pm, she wakes up as we are prepping to sleep and that is goodbye to sleep for that night.

My flat is now looking like the ruins from Ukraine war front. I dont even bother to arrange anything anymore. If the remote control isnt swimming in water, then somebody's phone may be in her cup of tea, then my laptop has had most of its keyboard buttons pulled up.

The little freedom we can have is to surrender the phones for her to watch her cartoons on them both or nothing works. If there is light
she is busy with Disney Junior with intermittently running at you for a brief cuddle. Then if the light goes of you better be at the generator shed or you get a bite accompanied by scattering the cushions.

September where are you abeg, I must transfer this trouble to someone else, at least part of it.

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by phemmyfour: 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:
There is no Gainsaying that Young Pple (Teens) need Love and Affection from the Opposite Sex as they grow Older. 🙂

For Girls, this is a MUST.
They Need Attention, Flattery and Romantic Disturbances From Guys,
the Lack of it which Makes them Feel InComplete as a FEMALE. sad embarassed

So as a Parent,
WHAT AGE WILL YOU ALLOW UR DAUGHTER TO START DATING?
I.E. HAVING A BOYFRIEND. 🤔 smiley

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.
After her first degree. That's around 22. Infact, she fit marry sef

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Mrpojj(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:
There is no Gainsaying that Young Pple (Teens) need Love and Affection from the Opposite Sex as they grow Older. 🙂

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.
Allow wetin?

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by MartinsD12(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.
This question shows we have lost all moral decadence, imagine the question allowing your own daughter to be having a premarital sexxxxxx and you make it a topic like everything is alright, any relationship that can't get to marriage is license to fornication and premarital sexxxxx, I will discourage that , if a daughter wants to have a boyfriend it's better to go get married.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Taigaban: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
The issue is not age, but if she is ready for marriage. Because my question is what is she doing with boyfriend while in school? That is a very big distraction. Most in our time who had boyfriend's while in school didn't have anything upstairs. However they gamble their way out of school and went for service.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Pacesetter2021: 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2023
My daughter will not have a boy friend but a fiance when the Lord has appointed and it has been confirmed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by GoodGovernance: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
Age at graduation,BSc(Hons)

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Goldmaxx(f): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Villa12:
I disagree. My sister was married a virgin at 24. People still keep themselves till marriage

Don't make it look like it's normal like food and water having sex outside marriage
You checked your sister's virginity to insure?

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by doneback04: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Anything female need prayers alot,
for me me you can't control or decide when she is supposed to have boyfriend because even in school where she attend guys are there to disturb her and you might not know what she does after school.
Female are very secretive when it comes in hiding secret or things,
before the parents would get to know about her boyfriend she would have enjoyed enough penis, that why you see a small girls of 20years and their breast Is already falling before they started very Early to spoil,

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Villa12(m): 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
Goldmaxx:
You checked your sister's virginity to insure?
her husband confirmed it through white piece of cloth

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by bigiyaro(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
I think the focus should be on raising a mentally balanced and socially healthy girl, with a decent character.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by OBTOREPA(m): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.
Failed parenting spotted. So you can't even advice and encourage your daughter to keep herself till marriage?
You are a disappointment to God, may he have mercy on you.
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Myer(m): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
Pusyiter:
Stay there dey deceive yourself
Young girls of 15
Hormones control them
They lose it and get BFs as controlled by hormones
Their emotional feelings have a mind of their own.

What you just said is very instructive.

Men are more controlled by the mind as women are more controlled by their emotions.

It is important as parents to be able to win the trust of your children. When you create an atmosphere of good and effective communication in your home, by the time they become curious about such things it will be easy to engage them in sex education.

Of course with prayers, they will be able to know their right and wrong.

By the way, dear OP, why do you think it's ok for your child to have boyfriend?

Is the boyfriend for marriage or dating or companionship? You have to properly define these words. Effective communication is the solution to most misunderstandings.

Just to be clear she should only be allowed to have friends for companionship and you have to be intentional to know about the family she is getting close to.
Dating as a concept has been abused.
Dating is usually casual and not with the intention of marriage.

So she should only have male friends for companionship not for dating.

When she is ready to marry she will recognise her suitors. And she will be able to distinguish her husband.

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Anny69: 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
Luckysbab:

grin
Ehn, se boyfriend is food ni? Me that already finished everything and have no girlfriend, se I kpeme ni? 😛
It's not. I have no explanation. cry When I like someone and he likes me back, do you expect me to say no to him?

Why don't you have a gf?

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by ofuonyebi: 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
whatever may be your take...
dont forget that there is different peculiarities for different people and tribes, customs and nations all over the world

one mans meat may be anothers poison....

dont also foget that there are dangerous bad guys here and there who pretends

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Westerhoffe(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
Anny69:
It's not. I have no explanation. cry When I like someone and he likes me back, do you expect me to say no to him?

Why don't you have a gf?

He ate her in the dream, so she does not exit anymore physically.
That's why.

He doesn't need to thank me for answering on his behalf…
cool

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Anny69: 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
correctyourself:

But you have started testing dick in Uni, right? cheesy
Not at all.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by correctyourself(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
Anny69:
Not at all.

Ok, better.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Anny69: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:

That's why.

cool
grin Clown of the year.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Anny69: 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
SonofGod231:
I for say 18yrs coz my Dad bin say 20yrs but my two elder sisters no even reach 18yrs when men begin jump our fence dey pluck the guava them.
😂😂😂
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by SonofGod231: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Anny69:
😂😂😂
Mahd ohh😁

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Clinton14(m): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2023
VinnyBaba:

So as a Parent,

MINE IS 20years.

Drop ur Comments.

18 years,thats what my Dad did,thats what i am going to do.

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Anny69: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
correctyourself:

Ok, better.

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Benjamin4388(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
I think am gonna be a good father...make every of my seeds understand the life we humans live in the plainest and simplest manner possible...no bullshit clowning around..Yeah they gonna know GOD..study go christainity,hindusm,buddahism my favourite to make them understand desire.cravin.discipline,motification..it gonna b so clear...so my daughter could have a bf in secondary school and no problem(hopefully they get only intimidating to people who isnt livin life for a purpose...itz a crazy journey but i do think even mistakes helps to mold out your imperfections...And no matter what even in prison or most horrible experiences..hey you got a dad who always love u regardless

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Luckysbab: 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
Anny69:

Why don't you have a gf?

Of course, nothing wrong in mutual fondness. Though I think it should only be nurtured when it is purposeful.

As for me, perhaps, I don’t take things too seriously in that aspect. I seem to observe I often have infatuated admirers, but I don’t push it cos I know it will lead to nowhere. I am the wanderer type and they move on when the attention isn’t there jare.

Sometimes, I wish I put in some effort, it doesn’t just happen.
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Luckysbab: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:

That's why.

cool

Iffa knack you plank.
Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Luckysbab: 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
Anny69:
Not at all.

Good decision, I tell you.. That thing isn’t a sport. Honestly, I still wonder how people over get aroused with who they have no shared affections with.

2 Likes

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
When she is ready to get married.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by VinnyBaba: 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
MartinsD12:

This question shows we have lost all moral decadence, imagine the question allowing your own daughter to be having a premarital sexxxxxx and you make it a topic like everything is alright, any relationship that can't get to marriage is license to fornication and premarital sexxxxx, I will discourage that , if a daughter wants to have a boyfriend it's better to go get married.

You can't hide ur Head in the sand and run away from the Truth.

Most Teenage Girls, like their Male counterparts have High sexual Hormones.🤔

Also due to Peer Pressure and media, Many of them crave Being in a Relationship with Guys.😕

As a Parent, you should set a Time Frame for them to have Boyfriend. Then give them guidelines on the Relationship. 🤨🙂

No need for Pretense, here! sad

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Anny69: 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
Luckysbab:

Of course, nothing wrong in mutual fondness.
Though I think it should only be nurtured when it is purposeful.

You're right. My current relationship isn't just for fun; we plan on telling our parents about us after uni. I just hope they approve our relationship.
🤞

As for me, perhaps, I don’t take things too seriously in that aspect. I seem to observe I often have infatuated admirers, but I don’t push it cos I know it will lead to nowhere. I am the wanderer type and they move on when the attention isn’t there jare.

Sometimes, I wish I put in some effort, it doesn’t just happen.
I understand you.

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by VinnyBaba: 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
OBTOREPA:

Failed parenting spotted. So you can't even advice and encourage your daughter to keep herself till marriage?
You are a disappointment to God, may he have mercy on you.

A Daughter can actually do that. smiley

It is Quite Possible for a Girl these days BUT it's very Rare. 😕

Many Girls of 16, 17,18yrs naturally want to involve in Boyfriend and Girlfriend stuffs,
Even if there is No sex in the picture. 🤨

They just want the Experience. The Guy's Calls, Quarells, Drama from competitors, etc. 🙂

Any Father that Tells his Daughter 'No Boyfriend or Sex till Marriage' is KILLING that Girl. undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend? by Anny69: 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
Luckysbab:

Iffa knack you plank.
😂😂He vexed..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Marry A Female Doctor / Is Your Girlfriend Really Your Girlfriend? / What Is The Craziest Thing You've Ever Done To Revenge On Your EX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.