Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria (39665 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
samtol4:
My brother traveling abroad is not all about earning money but creating a solid foundation/ opportunities for your children & getting a second passport
What will be the need if your children end up paying non end bills and making paychecks to paycheck plus student loan?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Femi Gbaja, Tinubu and his associates ALL worked or studied abroad. There is no difference. Fine, not everyone will japa. It is not even mathematically possible. However, the lie that Nigerian elites did not japa at a point or worked abroad is entirely false.

If abroad is so glorious like poor people here in Nigeria praise it those people won’t come back to Nigeria. Why do rich people after study they come back to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

You think good life is for everyone?
You think people in USA don’t complain about the poor healthcare over there and how it’s expensive without Insurance to get good health care?
You think people over there don’t travel abroad to get good medication?
You guys are just blind .
its human nature to complain. There are rich people with money and connections who still complain in Nigeria. Meanwhile people below them envy them. Stop comparing yourself with Americans. They have never been to isolo general hospital for treatment before

7 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by topsamjo(m): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.

You share my thought broo....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Mercury12(m): 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

Nah Naija food you no wan leave😂

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

God bless you. Let me tell you the trick. It's simple. Many people curse this land and yet hope it brings forth good fruits for them. It won't. I don't curse this land, I pray and have always received the good from it. Like me, I don't even want to hear the options of relocating - it feels bad and unnecessary because I'm perfectly okay

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Lookingback: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

People who suck Tinubu's preek cannot survive outside Nigeria. There is no free meal out here because you hailed one politician. You lots cannot survive in a merit based society.

The bolded is so true. Thank God ,I am leaving soon.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by wonderiyke(m): 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.

Your "earning" is not little for you to be sounding like this. If my earnings was massive like yours, then to hell with Japa!
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Paracetamol01: 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2023
I don't feel like leaving too...
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by victorVIC1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Where do they pay taxes in Nigeria? Who pay taxes in Nigeria? Usually in the US, you see taxes you pay on everything you buy. Even if you buy a $1 tomato at Walmart, you'll see the tax added to your receipt.
.if you earn $CAD50k in Canada, $CAD18K will probably go to taxes. Is this how it is in Naija?

I believe that if nigerian don't get everything for free but rather spend the way they spend in abroad, Nigeria go better.

With the exception of those working federal, State, local government and some private organization, who are the ones paying taxes in Nigeria? Nigerians don't even pay for electricity. Lol

It's wrong to assume we don't pay taxes in Nigeria. What do you think personal income tax and VAT are meant for?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Lookingback: 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2023
appini:
When pounded yam nor reach small pikin hand

Kai, Una go kill person for this forum. See as I dey laugh.
But that is the truth.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Justpassingby45(m): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2023
I think like you, believe like you before but now any opportunity AM out of this country
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Akaojiaku210: 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
I need the nearest route out!

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Iluvmycontr3: 4:03pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
So what should we now do Beg you to change your mind

Damn Hilarious🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2023
Yinmu!
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Finest12(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Probably you must have traveled wide and spent some time in other countries that's why so the word "Japa" doesn't move you anymore.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Finest12(m): 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Where do they pay taxes in Nigeria? Who pay taxes in Nigeria? Usually in the US, you see taxes you pay on everything you buy. Even if you buy a $1 tomato at Walmart, you'll see the tax added to your receipt.
.if you earn $CAD50k in Canada, $CAD18K will probably go to taxes. Is this how it is in Naija?

I believe that if nigerian don't get everything for free but rather spend the way they spend in abroad, Nigeria go better.

With the exception of those working federal, State, local government and some private organization, who are the ones paying taxes in Nigeria? Nigerians don't even pay for electricity. Lol

And who says Nigerians don't pay for electricity
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by sayusuf(m): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
Naija is sweet
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by KoolBigk(m): 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Timaya's song "Dem no dey telly person" was dedicated to you smiley

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by tunize(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

I don’t think you have had the opportunity to. When it shows up on a platter i doubt you would still say this

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by uuzba(m): 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

If abroad is so glorious like poor people here in Nigeria praise it those people won’t come back to Nigeria. Why do rich people after study they come back to Nigeria
The number one reason for people returning to Nigeria is Village.
White man is a traveler/wanderer on this earth. He moves from anywhere to anywhere. He has a small idea about his ancestors. But nothing more concerns him. He just wants to conquer any part of the earth and call it his home.
When he dies, his children just continue moving on. The white people in Australia are descendants of prisoners from England. They were banished there in 1788.
That's why their flag still resembles UK flag and they speak English. But they will never go back to UK. Americans are similar. Mostly European immigrants.
But we Nigerians/Africans are not travelers. We may move about, but still run back to our country, state, village, to MARK IT VERY WELL with our graves as our land.
White people simply do not GIVE A F*** about that!
They don't share property to their children. They sell off everything to the church or to charity. Their children can find their own square root.
[If your ancestors survived, you too can survive. Stop expecting gifts]

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by otie02: 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
Bros you have said it all . God bless you. That is what i keep telling ppl untill nigeria happen to you then you will really know you are in shit hole place called NIGERIA
Skyview01:
Wait until you have need for an emergency care. You have a heart attack or a stroke or a need for quick surgery. Until you have sickness other than malaria or typhoid. Wait for Nigeria doctors to experiment with your life.

My late mother was prepped for emergency surgery at the Federal Medical Centre In Abeokuta and the power supply went off. She was basically killed at the hospital by quack doctors faulty systems.

Nigeria where life has no value. I lived in Nigeria the first 30 years of my life so don't patronize me with fantastic stories of Nigeria.

Nigeria where people go to churches to give testimonies about Cambodia visitors visa applications success. A place i cannot comfortably travel from Lagos to Ibadan without being afraid of kidnap. A country that has nothing for the youths and most are forced into a life of cultism or cyber crime.

Where kidnap victims from Kaduna train are still being held captives after one year and nobody is bothered.

I have families of Nigerian federal senators, established medical doctors and very rich people in Nigeria who are very desperate to japa from Nigeria and who call me every single day for help. As an Immigration Consultant, I have a client with 50million Naira savings in the account crying on the phone when his visa was refused and we had to go on an appeal.

Most of these people who say they cant live abroad are simply not qualified to live abroad. Travelling as a visitor means very little.

Even as we speak, the president elect don japa for treatment.

The day you have need for an emergency care in Nigeria. You go die like a chicken. When i think of living in Nigeria, i think of hell on earth!

I do not care what people say on Nairaland or social media , i trust m own life experiences. I can only visit Nigeria but can never live there again.

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by LORDKing001: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I need job. Do you mind?
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by flokii: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
@OP You are very okay and sound.. that's the simple truth.
It's better to stay in your country where you have privileges than to travel out and be living as second class or third class citizen.

Some left their well-paying office jobs in Nigeria to go and be packing shlt under guise of "care givers" and be washing toilets all in the name of japa.

Most innocent blacks are in jails abroad simply because of their skin colour.. everyone automatically believes that they are guilty including the supposed learned judges and judicial system there.

Too many cons with the japa bullcrap. As they say, experience is the best teacher. It's when they get there that they know wat's up.

I have noticed this trend of the so called "proud to japa" geng opening youtube channels to disturb our peace.. they always have one story or complain to share.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Clean2016: 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Even me oh.....I love Nigeria die

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by rafcrown(m): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dont believe people. Some will say one thing but mean another thing.
A man convinced his friend not to move to UK.Few years later he wanted to do his own.
Hypocrites full everywhere. When you see them at embassies later on, they tell different long stories.

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by taylor88(m): 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
why are you so vested in anti japa topics You dont want to travel so why the obsession Japa is a personal choice. No one that wants to travel can be discouraged. Afterall i am impacting people’s lives with immigration information and help. What is your impact here 🤣🤣🤣

I wan follow you reason Canada stuff Abeg I fit get your number or email for a start
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by onuman: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
Self deceit.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by oilyngbati(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

God bless you for this statement….only those of us who have travelled and lived abroad will appreciate Nigeria. The food,,,,,the food…..the food,,,,,the fruits……the fruits,,,,,the fruits….Nigeria, a land of milk and honey. God bless her and bless president-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ttoyetade: 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

Yes Many of us said more than that before but wait until Nigeria problems comes to you , you lost your job and you and your family become miserable because you don't have the connection to secure another job or Nigerian food give you diabetes and you wait until you suffer diabetic attack or kidnappers come for you or your relation one day, no one will tell you to move and by then it will be too late.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
uuzba:

The number one reason for people returning to Nigeria is Village.
White man is a traveler/wanderer on this earth. He moves from anywhere to anywhere. He has a small idea about his ancestors. But nothing more concerns him. He just wants to conquer any part of the earth and call it his home.
When he dies, his children just continue moving on. The white people in Australia are descendants of prisoners from England. They were banished there in 1788.
That's why their flag still resembles UK flag and they speak English. But they will never go back to UK. Americans are similar. Mostly European immigrants.
But we Nigerians/Africans are not travelers. We may move about, but still run back to our country, state, village, to MARK IT VERY WELL with our graves as our land.
White people simply do not GIVE A F*** about that! They don't share property to their children. They sell off everything to the church or to charity. Their children can find their own square root.
If your ancestors survived, you too can survive. Stop expecting gifts[/i]]

Big lie
Almost %98 of the rich people in the world today inherited from they family .
Do you think Bush could have been a president without the help of his father as the former president?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aklid(m): 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
Good one comrade …. Your not the only one 🙂
It’s just the negative energies and haters that always speak I’ll and hate the country but have never for once feel like leaving before not now not ever….we pray for does that want to leave to leave and let us be …nd stay away from
Us 🫳🏽

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Co-Pilot Storms Out Of Cockpit After He Had An Argument With Pilot (Pics, Video) / Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? / Happie Boys To Be Deported From Cyprus Within 30 Days - Leaked Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.