Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? (6344 Views)

My Argument For God's Existence. / My Argument For God's Existence / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by FRANCISTOWN: 5:44am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

This is a big insult to those honorable fictional books. At least they were written with good plots. The Bible was poorly written with contradictions
🤣🤣🤣 Na true na true
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by FRANCISTOWN: 7:22am On Apr 25, 2023
LottiOk:
Really wen I think back & remember wen I was as gullible as dis creationist believer, I just shake my head in shame. Like d whole tin doesn't make 1 single Sense. How can u believe u were made 4rm a special Dust by a non-existing imaginary sky daddy (whose single by d way). How can u believe snakes used 2 talk or had legs? How can u believe ur god created u, set u up 2 fail a test, he already knows u fail, acts surprised wen u do & unleashes d most severe punishment upon efry1 because of u?

How? How? How Did dis ever make sense 2 me? If not 2rue inductrination. Dats y I just laff & smh in pity 4 d gullibles like dis Oladegu guys, dey don't think 🤔 @ all.
*Swrs, I don't even wanna remember my days in this stupid faith bullshit. Whenever I remember, I always feel like dying because, I sincerely couldn't understand how I could be that stupid in this life.

You see, that's the reason they caught us young, because they knew once we are grown,no one in his right senses would believe that BS.

That's the reason I do not blame most of these theists. They've been indoctrinated into it, they heard "God" all around them while growing up. On the assembly ground; they'd hear "God", on the streets they'd hear; "God", when someone slips and falls; they'd hear "Oh my God", someone offends somebody; they'd hear "God will punish them", so, we all grew up hearing "God", either one way or the other.
And that in itself has been rooted in our mind beyond levity

For those of us who are now free, sincerely our mental strength is unmatchable.

Lol, I did all sorts of nonsense bruv, I even went for evangelism , ROTFLMAO, when I remember those stuffs now; e pain me o, e pain me o( in Davido's voice), but nothing spoil Sha.
Now that we have been disillusioned, it is our responsibility to help our brothers.

@the picture you posted, I love that illustration so much. You see @Option A is what they preach , @ Option B is what their God did, and what most of them did and do. Their God is just as useless as the "p" in "psychology". IT doesn't amount to shit.

As a matter of fact, from henceforth, whenever I wanna reference this God of a thing now, I'll start using "it", "it's" instead of the "He", "Him", "His".
We can't be using a living thing's pronoun for an inexistent individual.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2023
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

First of all, if you read my previous comment, you'd see where I mentioned that "The BS that were written in the Bible can no longer be repeated before our very eyes". Even if you've got no brain that can think, you must have seen a construction site at least once in your life time. People study engineering at school, you know where cement, shovel, hand trowels and headpans are being sold. There are civil engineers everywhere, even local bricklayers everywhere. Noe tell me, can the process of creation be repeated before our very eyes like how people demolish a construction and erect another? When you step outside your house, you see weeds everywhere (unwanted plants). Who planted those weeds there? Answer me first, then we'll take it further.

As well when you see those weeds at your backyard or at the entrance of your school gate, someone must have planted them there right? Perhaps if every thing must have a creator, then who is the maker of the creator you are talking about hence, "regressum ad infinitum" , a very popular topic in philosophy

atheists do not believe in the Bible, they probably know more than theists so, whatever you quote doesn't hold water.

Isn't your God Omnibenevolent and Omnipotent? Why do I need to have faith before he can do shit? Should he not out of his omnibenevolence do me stuffs even when I do not have faith? His omnipotency should make him do things without anyone's help ,hence my faith is not needed.

Which God?
El; yhwh; Allah; Amadioha; Zeus; Odin? I'd rather I spend my time picking rice one after the other than waste my time on fictions

Non Sequitur!
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Non Sequitur!

“But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God…”

What if this builder do things unconditionally?
Did the builder ask you to have faith in him?
How will your faith help this builder?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 10:58am On Apr 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Non Sequitur!

“When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.”

You know a building has a builder because you’ve seen builders building it BEFORE.
Using your logic, have you seen ocean before, why don’t you think an ocean was created by humans?
It’s because you’ve not seen an human create one before, why don’t you use your eyes and brain to tell us the humans that created oceans?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
Maynman:

“When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.”

You know a building has a builder because you’ve seen builders building it BEFORE.
Using your logic, have you seen ocean before, why don’t you think an ocean was created by humans?
It’s because you’ve not seen an human create one before, why don’t you use your eyes and brain to tell us the humans that created oceans?

With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence as I have said earlier. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God, for

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know more about God you need faith based on His Word and His creation.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by FRANCISTOWN: 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Maynman:

You dey mind them? People wey dey whine themselves

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence as I have said earlier. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God, for

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know more about God you need faith based on His Word and His creation.

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03am On Apr 26, 2023
Maynman:

Non sequitur!

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 4:23am On Apr 26, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Non sequitur!

The books you are basing your life on who told you they are yahweh words?

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
Did you know that the popularity of atheism is a modern phenomenon?

The Father of Science, Sir Isaac Newton said, “Atheism is so senseless.” Albert Einstein distanced himself from it, by saying, “In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.”

The Bible gives it just 11 words. It says, “The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1). Then it repeats those exact words in Psalm 52:1, no doubt to make sure we get the message. Atheism is foolishness—because it believes the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything. It is an intellectual embarrassment.

Ray Comfort.

Source

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by LottiOk: 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2023
D buy-bull says alot of bullshit dat those who believe in it can't even make sense of it,give it a million different interpretation & threaten unbelievers 2 accept it. Pure Ment 😅😂🤣

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Apr 26, 2023
God's Word gives perspective and real hope!

by Dan Lietha - Cartoonist/Illustrator

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32pm On Apr 26, 2023
Beware Of False Prophets!

2 Peter 2:1
Ready To Reason
by Dan Lietha - Cartoonist/Illustrator

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:16am On Apr 27, 2023
To many ancient Christians, heresy became one of the most serious of offenses. So tell me: "What is heresy?" See the answer and how to avoid heresy as you read further at: https://carm.org/about-heresies/questions-heresy/

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 6:36am On Apr 27, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

If you need to know more about God you need faith based on His Word and World.
So who created Yahweh

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 6:37am On Apr 27, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Scientific, did you say?
Where did you get that ignorant meme?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 6:38am On Apr 27, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Where evolutionists see "common ancestor," we see Common Designer!

Source
You should have paid more attention in your biology class. Look at how you're displaying ignorance

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 6:39am On Apr 27, 2023
Maynman:

What are Apes? Are you dull?
Do you think Apes means monkey?
The guy na certified dunce, aswear

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 6:41am On Apr 27, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

How many lives have you murdered through abortion alone? undecided
I never told you I do abortions but then I'm dealing with a Christian. Lies and propaganda is a natural for them

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 6:43am On Apr 27, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

See real scientists and what they say about God. Do you still think you're a scientist? undecided

Here is Charles Hard Townes. cool

Source
You used the personal view of one scientist to judge the professional views of every scientist? By the way, did you ask him which god?
By the way, what is his logical reasoning for a god?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 7:11am On Apr 27, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Did you know that the popularity of atheism is a modern phenomenon?

The Father of Science, Sir Isaac Newton said, “Atheism is so senseless.” Albert Einstein distanced himself from it, by saying, “In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.”

The Bible gives it just 11 words. It says, “The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1). Then it repeats those exact words in Psalm 52:1, no doubt to make sure we get the message. Atheism is foolishness—because it believes the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything. It is an intellectual embarrassment.

Ray Comfort.

Source
This your Ray Comfort or whoever wrote this is either a liar or stupid.
Newton wouldn't be considered a Christian by today's standards.
Although born into an Anglican family, by his thirties Newton held a Christian faith that, had it been made public, would not have been considered orthodox by mainstream Christianity,[123] with one historian labelling him a heretic.[124]

By 1672, he had started to record his theological researches in notebooks which he showed to no one and which have only recently[when?] been examined. They demonstrate an extensive knowledge of early Church writings and show that in the conflict between Athanasius and Arius which defined the Creed, he took the side of Arius, the loser, who rejected the conventional view of the Trinity. Newton "recognized Christ as a divine mediator between God and man, who was subordinate to the Father who created him."[125] He was especially interested in prophecy, but for him, "the great apostasy was trinitarianism."[126]

Newton tried unsuccessfully to obtain one of the two fellowships that exempted the holder from the ordination requirement. At the last moment in 1675 he received a dispensation from the government that excused him and all future holders of the Lucasian chair.[127]

In Newton's eyes, worshipping Christ as God was idolatry, to him the fundamental sin.[128] In 1999, historian Stephen D. Snobelen wrote, "Isaac Newton was a heretic. But ... he never made a public declaration of his private faith—which the orthodox would have deemed extremely radical. He hid his faith so well that scholars are still unraveling his personal beliefs."[124] Snobelen concludes that Newton was at least a Socinian sympathiser (he owned and had thoroughly read at least eight Socinian books), possibly an Arian and almost certainly an anti-trinitarian.[124]

Most scholars conclude that was Isaac Newton was an Arian.

Then about Einstein,… that one is even funnier
He clarified however that, "I am not an atheist", preferring to call himself an agnostic, or a "religious nonbeliever." Einstein also stated he did not believe in life after death, adding "one life is enough for me." He was closely involved in his lifetime with several humanist groups.

You picked up just 2 scientists and erroneously labelled them as Christians but you ignored a host of atheistic(not even agnostic) scientists.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology
You suck grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 7:17am On Apr 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

This your Ray Comfort or whoever wrote this is either a liar or stupid.
Newton wouldn't be considered a Christian by today's standards.
Although born into an Anglican family, by his thirties Newton held a Christian faith that, had it been made public, would not have been considered orthodox by mainstream Christianity,[123] with one historian labelling him a heretic.[124]

By 1672, he had started to record his theological researches in notebooks which he showed to no one and which have only recently[when?] been examined. They demonstrate an extensive knowledge of early Church writings and show that in the conflict between Athanasius and Arius which defined the Creed, he took the side of Arius, the loser, who rejected the conventional view of the Trinity. Newton "recognized Christ as a divine mediator between God and man, who was subordinate to the Father who created him."[125] He was especially interested in prophecy, but for him, "the great apostasy was trinitarianism."[126]

Newton tried unsuccessfully to obtain one of the two fellowships that exempted the holder from the ordination requirement. At the last moment in 1675 he received a dispensation from the government that excused him and all future holders of the Lucasian chair.[127]

In Newton's eyes, worshipping Christ as God was idolatry, to him the fundamental sin.[128] In 1999, historian Stephen D. Snobelen wrote, "Isaac Newton was a heretic. But ... he never made a public declaration of his private faith—which the orthodox would have deemed extremely radical. He hid his faith so well that scholars are still unraveling his personal beliefs."[124] Snobelen concludes that Newton was at least a Socinian sympathiser (he owned and had thoroughly read at least eight Socinian books), possibly an Arian and almost certainly an anti-trinitarian.[124]

Most scholars conclude that was Isaac Newton was an Arian.

Then about Einstein,… that one is even funnier
He clarified however that, "I am not an atheist", preferring to call himself an agnostic, or a "religious nonbeliever." Einstein also stated he did not believe in life after death, adding "one life is enough for me." He was closely involved in his lifetime with several humanist groups.

You picked up just 2 scientists and erroneously labelled them as Christians but you ignored a host of atheistic(not even agnostic) scientists.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology
You suck grin

OLAADEGBU is desperate to defend his religion and Israelite god, yahweh.

I don’t think OLAADEGBU knows what arianism mean, the ignorant theist doesn’t know he is worshipping Tertulian trinity concept.
Like a typical indoctrinated believer he swallows everything his doctrine tells him without thinking.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 9:09am On Apr 27, 2023
Maynman:

OLAADEGBU is desperate to defend his religion and Israelite god, yahweh.

I don’t think OLAADEGBU knows what arianism mean, the ignorant theist doesn’t know he is worshipping Tertulian trinity concept.
Like a typical indoctrinated believer he swallows everything his doctrine tells him without thinking.
Brainwashing na wonderful skills. Sometimes I wish that I have such skills. Write some bullshit in a book and tell peeps its the word of god and watch them swallow it hook, line, sinker, fish etc

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

Brainwashing na wonderful skills. Sometimes I wish that I have such skills. Write some bullshit in a book and tell peeps its the word of god and watch them swallow it hook, line, sinker, fish etc

That skills will make you a billionaire.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2023
Maynman:

That skills will make you a billionaire.
Christianity is a multi trillion industry with a large untapped market in Africa

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

So who created Yahweh

That is oxymoron. smiley
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:51am On Apr 28, 2023
His Name Is Jesus Christ!

Source

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 6:53am On Apr 28, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
His Name Is Jesus Christ!

Source

Where is the tomb located?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

I never told you I do abortions but then I'm dealing with a Christian. Lies and propaganda is a natural for them

What prevents you from lying? Are you saying you are not pro-abortion? undecided
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57am On Apr 28, 2023
Maynman:

Where is the tomb located?

That’s your home work. Go find out. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Kick Off Their Annual 21 Days Of Fasting And Prayer / The Ted Haggard Scandal / Is it true that EVE was not the 1st woman on earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.