Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? (6152 Views)

My Argument For God's Existence. / My Argument For God's Existence / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01am On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Every physician conforms his or her practice around the existing laws of the country. If my country allows abortion and someone comes to me to do it, I can defer to another. I'm not under any obligation to do it. And yes, I am moral. And also no, morality doesn't depend on your god or religion

How can an atheist be moral? You need to be consistent with your worldview.

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 9:30am On May 01, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

How can an atheist be moral? You need to be consistent with your worldview.
You really can't use your brain. Ok let's forget about myself.
Do you know the most religious countries are the most immoral? All kinds of crimes are committed. Netherlands have more atheists than Nigeria, yet their prisons are almost empty. You can be a millionaire and live in a house without fence. Can you try that in Nigeria, a supposedly religious country?
Morality absolutely has nothing to do with religion

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31am On May 01, 2023
Brainwashed!

— with Dan Lietha - Cartoonist/Illustrator.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

You really can't use your brain. Ok let's forget about myself.

Do you know the most religious countries are the most immoral? All kinds of crimes are committed. Netherlands have more atheists than Nigeria, yet their prisons are almost empty. You can be a millionaire and live in a house without fence. Can you try that in Nigeria, a supposedly religious country?
Morality absolutely has nothing to do with religion

You that can use your brain, try being logical for once even if your worldview has no framework for it.

How do you account for the existence and nature of the laws of morality? Laws of morality only make sense in the Christian worldview where God created human beings in His own image and therefore has the right to set the rules for our behaviour.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 10:44am On May 01, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

You that can use your brain, try being logical for once even if your worldview has no framework for it.

How do you account for the existence and nature of the laws of morality? Laws of morality only make sense in the Christian worldview where God created human beings in His own image and therefore has the right to set the rules for our behaviour.
Are you aware Yahweh said anyone that worked on sabbath should be stoned? Or if you have your foreskin, you're stoned too. Imagine if these were put into moral codes, how many people would survive?
Research on code of Hammurabi, that was the first law to humans about morality. The Bible wasn't the first code on morality

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

Are you aware Yahweh said anyone that worked on sabbath should be stoned? Or if you have your foreskin, you're stoned too. Imagine if these were put into moral codes, how many people would survive?
Research on code of Hammurabi, that was the first law to humans about morality. The Bible wasn't the first code on morality

What did Jesus, the Law giver, say about those who "broke" the sabbath law? I can see that you conveniently evaded my penultimate question: 'How do you account for the existence of the laws of morality, how does it fit into your atheist evolution worldview?'
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:51pm On May 02, 2023
Which Came First?

With Ray Comfort

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Hunamew: 7:23pm On May 02, 2023
Start your journey by reciting this Safar ki Dua.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 12:48pm On May 03, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

What did Jesus, the Law giver, say about those who "broke" the sabbath law? I can see that you conveniently evaded my penultimate question: 'How do you account for the existence of the laws of morality, how does it fit into your atheist evolution worldview?'

1. So are you taking Jesus's view over his father, Yahweh?
2. I hope you know atheists are humanists. We
interract and help people irrespective of race, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation etc.
I have also told you moral laws existed way before the bible from the Code of Hammurabi.
I don't know what you mean by 'atheist evolution worldview'. Maybe you can explain further

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Which Came First?

With Ray Comfort
The blood comes first(from the mother), then non-cardiac blood vessels form with the subsequent formation of tissues. When all the tissues are forming, there is the formation of two endocardial tubes which merge to form the tubular heart, also called the primitive heart tube. The heart is the first functional organ in vertebrate embryos.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by LottiOk: 12:57pm On May 03, 2023
It's illogical believing in an evil, immature, bloodthirsty, heartless, wicked, vindictive, imaginary, non-existent being.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:12pm On May 03, 2023
The Great Flood

One of the great mysteries and wonders of human history is how settlers reached the New World across vast oceans. You can read the full article at https://answersingenesis.org/archaeology/coming-america-boat

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07am On May 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. So are you taking Jesus's view over his father, Yahweh?

How does Jesus' view differ from His Father's?

jaephoenix:

2. I hope you know atheists are humanists. We
interract and help people irrespective of race, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation etc.

Why would it be wrong to murder an innocent person if it would make everyone else a lot happier?

jaephoenix:

I have also told you moral laws existed way before the bible from the Code of Hammurabi.
I don't know what you mean by 'atheist evolution worldview'. Maybe you can explain further

Since in your atheist evolutionist worldview you believe you are just animals or chemical accidents, why should you feel compelled to behave in a particular fashion?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:44am On May 07, 2023
OLAADEGBU... Going through this threas, and a couple of your other threads, you seem to have some of the worst arguments, both for A god, and for YOUR god.. no offense.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53am On May 07, 2023
Wilgrea7:

OLAADEGBU... Going through this threas, and a couple of your other threads, you seem to have some of the worst arguments, both for A god, and for YOUR god.. no offense.

What part of the OP are you referring to? undecided
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 7:28am On May 07, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Tiger Nuts are small root vegetables that comprised 80% of our Paleo ancestors' diet around 2 million years ago.

Drinking my tigernuts grin
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40am On May 07, 2023
Maynman:

Tiger Nuts are small root vegetables that comprised 80% of our Paleo ancestors' diet around 2 million years ago.

Drinking my tigernuts grin

What part of the OP is that? undecided
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by orisa37: 8:23am On May 07, 2023
1, THAT AZIKWE DID NOT BECOME GOVERNOR OF OYO STATE. HONOUR TO AWOLOWO AND GLORY TO GOD.

2, THAT EKWEREMADU GOT 10 YEARS JAIL SENTENCE FOR HIS CRIMINAL OFFENCE. HONOUR TO BRITISH JUSTICE. GLORY TO GOD.

3, GOD IS GRAND ORDER DOMINION.

4, SATAN IS GOD'S QUALITY CONTROL DIRECTOR, AND CHRIST, THE CROWNED PRINCE OF NUMBER THREE ITEM ABOVE, IS COMING BACK WITH HIS SCEPTRE IN HIS HAND AND THE TWO NEW JERUSALEMS. JERUSALEM MEANS THE CITY OF GOD.

5, HAVE YOU EVER HAD A MEANINGFUL DREAM? PRAY FOR ITS INTERPRETATION. FOLLOW IT FAITHFULLY AND YOU WILL REALISE THAT THERE'S GOD.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by orisa37: 8:33am On May 07, 2023
FATHER FORGIVE US ALL FOR WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by orisa37: 9:01am On May 07, 2023
YOU AND I HAVE SHADOWS THAT ARE ALWAYS PRESENT WITH US. THE SHADOWS ARE SPIRITS.
THE UNIVERSE, LIKE A BALL, UNDERNEATH THE FEET OF THE SUPREME SPIRIT, HAS SHADOW.
ALL SHADOWS ARE CREATIVE SIGNALS OF THE SUPREME SPIRIT
AND BEFORE THE UNIVERSE AND ITS ACCOMPANYING SHADOW, THERE'S THE SUPREME SPIRIT.
THE SPIRITS ARE OUR FEELINGS, THINKINGS AND REASONINGS TO ACT, INTERACT AND MOVE IN ANY SITUATION. THE SUPREME SPIRIT IS IN CONTROL, SO STOP THINKING LIKE IT HAS NOT BEEN THOUGHT BEFORE YOU.
THERE'S GOD AND HE IS THE SUPREME SPIRIT THAT MOVES THE UNIVERSE SPIRIT SHADOW UNDERNEATH HIS FEET 24/7.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by orisa37: 9:09am On May 07, 2023
THE KEY TO LIFE IS PRAY PRAY AND PRAY LIKE IN LOVE YOURSELVES AS YOURSELVES. THAT IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE TO SECURITY SAFETY AND SUCCESS.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 9:24am On May 07, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

What part of the OP is that? undecided
The part that says you are a yahweh worshipper undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Wilgrea7(m): 2:50pm On May 07, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Not just the OP... The multitude of your 'God pictures', and lots of your other assertions here and in other threads all echo multiple logical fallacies.

I would've loved to open a thread debunking every one of them, but i rarely have the time these days.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:07pm On May 07, 2023
Wilgrea7:

Not just the OP... The multitude of your 'God pictures', and lots of your other assertions here and in other threads all echo multiple logical fallacies.

I would've loved to open a thread debunking every one of them, but i rarely have the time these days.

Maybe you want to help jaephoenix out to answer the question he seems to be struggling to answer:

How do you account for the laws of morality in your evolution worldview?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 6:14am On May 08, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Maybe you want to help jaephoenix out to answer the question he seems to be struggling to answer:

The only reason you’re not a Murderer is because you read it in a book?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On May 08, 2023
Maynman:

The only reason you’re not a Murderer is because you read it in a book?

Why are you not a murderer if you're not already one? undecided
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 5:14pm On May 08, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Why are you not a murderer if you're not already one? undecided

I’m not a Murderer like your creator. undecided
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On May 08, 2023
Maynman:

I’m not a Murderer like your creator. undecided

Are you pro-choice or pro-life?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Wilgrea7(m): 4:23am On May 09, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

I assume you're referring to this post

OLAADEGBU:

Firstly, immediately wrong at the bolded. Other religions, even ones like buddhism that lack the concept of a "God", still contain the concept of morality.

Also, asking me to explain morality in my evolution worldview is simply a non sequitur. Evolution mainly talks about how organisms changed over time in response to their environment. It's job is not to explain morality.

Morality itself is a really complex subject, and one that doesn't seem to get easier even if you presuppose the existence of a god. It was one of the things I've mentioned here before.

The existence of a god does not solve the moral dilemma

Also, I feel like it's important to mention, that evolution is concerned with how already living organisms change through generations, and over time. It makes no claims about how life itself, came to be.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 8:07am On May 09, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Are you pro-choice or pro-life?
Is your god omniscience?

Does a mosquito have a life?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33am On May 11, 2023
Wilgrea7:

I assume you're referring to this post

Yes.

Wilgrea7:

Firstly, immediately wrong at the bolded. Other religions, even ones like buddhism that lack the concept of a "God", still contain the concept of morality.

That will be morality that is subjective and arbitrary. I am referring to absolute objective morality here when it concerns the Creator God.

Wilgrea7:

Also, asking me to explain morality in my evolution worldview is simply a non sequitur. Evolution mainly talks about how organisms changed over time in response to their environment. It's job is not to explain morality.

Knock it off! Without a cause there can be no big bang explosion, evolution of stars or life. Unless you are saying that your evolution worldview doesn't have a beginning. In the Christian worldview we have a cause for the universe and conversely morality which you atheist have no basis to which you practice your so called morality.

Wilgrea7:

Morality itself is a really complex subject, and one that doesn't seem to get easier even if you presuppose the existence of a god. It was one of the things I've mentioned here before.

The existence of a god does not solve the moral dilemma

It is only complex to you because you refuse to smell the coffee. I don't even need to presuppose the existence of the Creator God before I scientifically arrive at the cause of the universe which will only confirm what the Bible says.

Wilgrea7:

Also, I feel like it's important to mention, that evolution is concerned with how already living organisms change through generations, and over time. It makes no claims about how life itself, came to be.

Don't try to brush off the question with this assertion of yours. The existence of the universe itself can be scientifically proven by 3 possible responses.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Wilgrea7(m): 10:22pm On May 11, 2023
Hello again

OLAADEGBU:

Yes.

That will be morality that is subjective and arbitrary. I am referring to absolute objective morality here when it concerns the Creator God.

Like I said earlier, morality is a very complex subject. And I'm not saying this to sound dodgy. It really is a complex thing.

Coming to subjective and objective morality. You're still yet to prove the existence of objective moral laws. To do this, you will need to first prove the existence of your specific deity, and then prove that said deity did in fact create the world, before making a case for any sort of objective moral laws from it.

Knock it off! Without a cause there can be no big bang explosion, evolution of stars or life. Unless you are saying that your evolution worldview doesn't have a beginning. In the Christian worldview we have a cause for the universe and conversely morality which you atheist have no basis to which you practice your so called morality.

I never said there wasn't a cause. I don't know where you got that idea from. I feel like I've said this before. Evolution describes how organisms change over time in response to their environment. It makes no claims about the origin of life.

Evolution describes a process, not an origin. I hope I've made it clear to you now.

It is only complex to you because you refuse to smell the coffee. I don't even need to presuppose the existence of the Creator God before I scientifically arrive at the cause of the universe which will only confirm what the Bible says.

Pray tell, how did you arrive at the cause of the universe, and how does it confirm what the "bible" says? And what does that phrase even mean?

Don't try to brush off the question with this assertion of yours. The existence of the universe itself can be scientifically proven by 3 possible responses.

I'm confused. Since when did we start doubting the existence of the universe. I think I know what's going on here.

You seem to have the idea that there's this conflict between the theory of evolution, and the idea of a creator. I don't necessarily see this conflict. Evolution doesn't necessarily negate a creator (although it doesn't affirm it either). What evolution does negate, is the idea that creation happened as described in the biblical narratives.

Unfortunately, the evidence seems to point in favor of the former, as opposed to the latter. The biblical creation narrative isn't the only way life could have formed. I know it's a tough pill for you to swallow, but it is the reality.

A creator/creators, if it/they exist, could have chosen for life to develop through a myriad of ways, of which evolution happens to be one of them, and the one which we have observed taking place.

The choices and pathways a creator/creators could take is not exclusive to christianity. I feel like this should be obvious by now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? / Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator / Who Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.