Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? (18688 Views)

Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by deavicky(m): 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2023
What else? I was invited to jehovah witness service on a faithful evening, when I got in, I was ushered to the front, seated on the first row and the first column.
It's was now time for communion, the usher brought it to my front and he stood there for some good number of seconds like I was supposed to take it so he can move to the next person.
My brother man, I ignorantly took the bread only to discover that I was the only one who took it in a congratulation of over 2000.
I felt like eveporating. To make matter worse, was when they brought the wine. this time I couldn't take it because the whole congregation had their eyes on me to see the only righteous man in their church.

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by kripen(m): 12:05pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bamijoko1:

Many years back at one of redeemed church in ile ife, so everybody was standing including me so that time we are praying and it was all this long prayer so I never knew when the pastor told the congregation to sit omooo I don sleep while standing, after some minutes I just soji and I'm the only one on stand while everyone has already sit, it was so embarrassing.

That is why it's good to be smart, just do as if you were in the spirit and start forming you are in spirit. LOL!
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Okechinwadike: 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2023
condom fall out of my wallet, Kai very embarrassing
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Benki003(m): 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2023
Would be coming back to tell my story
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by gladdensir(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
No embarrassing situation for me in church.Rather I feel embarrassed coming to church without an offering.Anytime I don't have offering money,I simply stay at home.God understands.

You're just like me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by aloma007(m): 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Well, I converted to Christianity three years ago and hasn't still got a job and hates going to the church due to my financial ability. it is so worse that I don't always have t-fare.
The crossover service of the year 2023 is one to remember. The church sold out calendars and stickers and one of the church ushers approached me to buy which I declined and she later came to tell me on different occasions to have it & pay later and its only me that understands my ability but I lastly bowed to respect myself.

The following midweek service I sincerely went with the money hoping to do a transfer but she didnt come & I returned home. The way she reacted that weekend when I told her I don't have it instantly but I don't want to hide under it to stay away from the church service., Men, I was ashamed of myself physically. Embarrassment isn't about wordings alone bro. and to come compound my situation, I never paid that money till date cos I dont have it and my reason to stop attending the church for now.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by kripen(m): 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

This is impossible unless God makes us like animals that can't think out of the box of food, sleep and mating, as long as we have brains and can think the only way God can make us worship Him in unity is the true religion that's what Jesus came to establish! John 17:22

True talk, to explain this in addition, God made man but could not control our freewill to decide, chose or select. This made us more than unique more than every other creation.
With this freewill God has little or no power to control human that was why He sent Jesus to be able to redeem us.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by TradingGod: 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
valETA1:
I love this topic, so i'll now pour out the reason I lack appetite going to my church, even though am yet to find another.

Fast forward to my final year, having been very active in politics ( L.G.A student congress) from onset, while also being fully qualified based on rotation that was clearly my village's turn, and experience wise. I was appointed by our then L.G chairman as a Congress chair.

This particular role never deterred me from God's service in the church. Infact as a committed usher I was one of the very few who would happily work in the sanctuary, help out in the media if called etc.

There came a particular day, we had an all night, it was also one of my busy days where I do comeback very late, like 12:30 to 1am, because of having to meet with my LG chair, who so much loved calling for meetings at odd hours.

I returned back home tired, infact I never wanted going to church that night, but since it was like a tradition in my compound that every last Friday of a month, if u don't have a church, surely u'll remain alone in the compound, because everyone will go to their church for all night.

So. I gathered myself to church, appearing with our uniform for the night. While at church at around past 12, I felt very sleepy and tired, it done on me that I wouldn't be able to work.

I approach our director, I requested that he permits me to go sleep, when Pastor mounts the pulpit by 2, I'll then resume, since we had such provisions or choice to work b4 or when Pastor mounts the pulpit.

Right in front of the church, with a lot of eyes, and how popular I was in church, due to the fact that I was one of the youngest in a department full of married men and women, my director threw bottles of water at me while abusing me.

To God who made me, I have never been embarrassed, even when I knew am the type of person that can't be forced to work, not even my Pastor can, let alone him, as if I came to church for him, knowing fully well my commitment to that same role is unquestionable and even immeasurable to his, even when I can't judge their notice-me kind of attitude.

I left the church that night looking totally abused, on my way going back I decided to join a church where same all night was going on, make e no b say devil get plan d night.

My reason of not going back to that church wasn't because the director abused me, it was when after like 3 Sundays no show in church, no one from the Usher, none from other departments, not even the assistant pastor who is the overall Director of all departments called find out, or asked or at least care why, I put a full stop.

To conclude, my observation in church is that, Well to do persons with bad home training, with no human sympathy, hypocrites and ill will towards commitment in same church, are reasons the willing ones aren't at God's service.

You don't go to church to please a man

You go to Church to please your God
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by TradingGod: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
kripen:

That is why it's good to be smart, just do as if you were in the spirit and start forming you are in spirit. LOL!
never you mock the Holy Spirit

That is not smart but stupidity
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by deavicky(m): 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
aloma007:
Well, I converted to Christianity three years ago and hasn't still got a job and hates going to the church due to my financial ability. it is so worse that I don't always have t-fare.
The crossover service of the year 2023 is one to remember. The church sold out calendars and stickers and one of the church ushers approached me to buy which I declined and she later came to tell me on different occasions to have it & pay later and its only me that understands my ability but I lastly bowed to respect myself.

The following midweek service I sincerely went with the money hoping to do a transfer but she didnt come & I returned home. The way she reacted that weekend when I told her I don't have it instantly but I don't want to hide under it to stay away from the church service., Men, I was ashamed of myself physically. Embarrassment isn't about wordings alone bro. and to come compound my situation, I never paid that money till date cos I dont have it and my reason to stop attending the church for now.
how much are the item.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by TradingGod: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
aloma007:

I see you rejoicing next crossover service smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mastermaestro(m): 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I followed my friend to a deeper life church and the agbaya pastor sent me home because of my dressing saying it was too short. cheesy

You ruined your story by calling someone that's obviously older than you a fool. Apply some decorum when using words. sad

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by sharpwriter(m): 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
kripen:
Mine was on youth program in my church, I was made the moderator of the day. My brother the way I was shaking because if stage freight, was something else with the microphone on my hand, only for my assistant pastor to rescue me from the hands of fear and shame.
I can relate, I'm just not interested in long typing now, I for share my own here. It was a day I haven't forgotten till now.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by babayoski: 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
Dis your own Burst my belle with laff
OriOko88:
That was in 2018. I attended a baptist church sunday sch in Ibadan,out of nowhere I was signified to give the closing prayer. I was totally dumfounded,but I managed to stand up to pray,but alas,I kept on stammering to d extent even I struggled to hear what I was saying. People weren't even saying Amen they couldn't hear jack of what I was saying. After d prayer i shamefuly opened my eyes and d glances on people's face towards me said it all.

Since then I went to learn how to pray and I've improved now.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mastermaestro(m): 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2023
kareemkamil:
Christianity is false religion

I can't argue with you. Your eyes go clear last last when you die unsaved and land in hell fire. I pity you. sad

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mastermaestro(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
mabeni:
Several years ago, I Lost my businesses and My girlfriend at the time started acting up. I threatened to break up with her but she threatened to deal with me if I dare break up.

I finally broke up with her but fear dey always catch because of her threat. Then,I started going to One redeemed church.

One day In the church, the pastor started prophesizing What God showed him in spiritual realm and at a point Said "if you are a Young guy here and recently broke up with a girl and she promised to deal with you, kindly see me In my office after service.

Na so I begin to dey sweat inside ac. I went to meet him after service and narrated how I lost my businesses and broke up with a girl that I was the person he was referring to the other Time.

The pastor asked for my age , I told him .only for him too burst into loud laugh ,asked me to write down my name and number and come back in 2weeks Time. I was embarrassed and felt like a fool.

That was my last time in the church.

Note: I was 25years at the time and have been independent since 19 and taking responsibilities of My younger siblings without commiting crime.

Why exactly did he laugh? Are you sure it had anything to do with your age? It's weird though. That was a poor counseling session he oversaw. So what went down with you and your girlfriend afterwards? Did she still deal with you or you went back to her?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Sprinklepee: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
If you are familiar with cherubim&seraphin church of zion, you will understand this one very well, i was playing the drum on norms but i don't know the garment trouser i wore had torn and i didn't on boxer because of sweat, na so my prick dey outside with the balls and na girls dey opposite, na until i finish drumming before i know say my trouser don tear, as i look opposite the girls eyes just dey on the d*ck, omo i just lock up, go outside.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Smartguyboy(m): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
During Sunday school in AG the Sunday school teacher was asking question everybody was raising their hand up πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ I join to do the same πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ when she point me to answer the question I became numb.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by imagrg(m): 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2023
The Pastor used me as an example of a mere Church-goer!

My crypto hustle format is on my signature below...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mastermaestro(m): 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2023
deavicky:
What else? I was invited to jehovah witness service on a faithful evening, when I got in, I was ushered to the front seated on the first low and the first column.
It's was now time for communion, the usher brought it the to my front and he stood there for some good number of seconds like I was supposed to take it so he can move to the next person.
My brother man, I ignorantly took the bread only to discover that I was the only one who took it in a congratulation of over 2000.
I felt like eveporating. To make matter worse, was when they brought the wine. this time I couldn't take it because the whole congregation had their eyes on me to see the only righteous man in their church.

So you had the guts to take the highly rated JW communion? cheesy They didn't school you that no one dares to eat it especially in faraway Africa? Dey ask questions o. grin My cousin took that stuff at JW sometime ago, and was forced to take to his heels after facing silent unbearable judgment from other fellow congregants. cheesy

The protocol around their communion nor be joke o. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by fredagu: 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
i want use style give 20naira offering the thing fall for ground shame no gree me pick am .

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mastermaestro(m): 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2023
aloma007:

First of all, try attending a sound church closest to you if you are having transportation challenges. This is the advice I always give to folks, including the ones that attend my church.

Avoid churches where there is too much pressure to give money. GOD is not a tax officer. Lastly, forget about big names also. Just find a church that renews your spirit man through the Word, fervent prayers and fasting. GOD will give you a career breakthrough before the middle of May in JESUS' name!

Stay in GOD'S Presence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by udomma1005(m): 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tallesty1:
My own wasn't embarrassing, it was funny.

I am not a fan of dancing in the church, whether it is worship, praises or offering time. If clapping hand no do you, leave am.

So it was my first Sunday service in the church and everyone was dancing except me. The pastor's wife was leading the praises and I was on my feet as usual, but I was not dancing. Just clapping and moving my legs to and fro, big uncle style. That is not the kinda dancing they wanted.

So the woman was observing me and I noticed it.

She was like make a joyful noise unto the Lord Jesus... People shouted. I don't do that too. She noticed that I didn't shout and came to me and said.

"Brother, you are not dancing"

I nodded yes.

"You don't know how to dance?"

I nodded yes.

She started dancing in my front in hope that I would join her but I wasn't moved so she danced back to the alter.

Moments later she was like jump up for Jesus.

I stayed glued to my feet so she came back again.

"Brother, you don't know how to jump too" she brought the mic close enough so that people could hear me.

"I am actually very good at jumping up" I said.

"Then why are you not jumping? Are you shy to jump in your father's house"

"I am not shy at all"

"Then why are you not jumping?"

"I am not jumping because there are so many enemies in my father's house" I said pointing at the ceiling fans that were hanging inches away from my head.

The whole church started laughing.

That thing made me popular in the church.
You're indeed a super clown jare!
........ Rocking "big uncle style", abeg that Na my style sef, I feel say Na only meπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Decentlyproud(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2023
I remembered some years back in school fellowship RCF precisely. We had a music concert and I was to conduct the mass choir..so one of my friends borrowed me his suit, i didnt bother to check all the pockets of the suit..on the day of the concert,I was conducting with full congregation and cameras everywhere....na so I put hand for suit pocket to bring out my hanky to clean face..na condom almost fall off the pocket of the suit..omo!....I almost fainted, I just take style look ground while conducting if any row of condoms don fall....After the concert I call that my friend..para for am eh...he was just laughing me...

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
kripen:

True talk, to explain this in addition, God made man but could not control our freewill to decide, chose or select. This made us more than unique more than every other creation.
With this freewill God has little or no power to control human that was why He sent Jesus to be able to redeem us.

To redeem mankind a role model must live the lifestyle that's harmless to no one and at the same time having the ability to think of what to eat, what to where and where to sleep.

Jesus is that perfect role model and he was able to maintain 100% loyalty because he was a perfect creature. Perfect creatures do not get sick, all their body system works perfectly as they can quote what you told them word for word in the next 10,000 years if you should ask them, they don't forget anything, they can control their feelings and emotions, they don't think of human parents or children because to them everyone is equal as they're just privileged to partake in procreation.

So racism, nepotism, nationalism doesn't affects their thinking all they want is people with whom they can share the same line of thought that's harmless to others. Matthew 12:46-50

If we can imitate this {Matthew 17:5} God promised to give us everlasting life! John 3:16

But how can such a perfect person free us from the condemnation of sin we inherited from our first parents?

We will remain Adam's descendants and death will continue to be our portion {Romans 5:12} if a redemption plan is not put in place that's why Jesus has to pay with his perfect human life in order to become the father of all obedient mankind {Isaiah 9:6} that makes him the last Adam through whom we can regain the gift to continue living without dying! 1Corinthians 15:45
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by UYEMDO35(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
I stop going early to Sunday school class every Sunday becuz the teacher always think am kind of smart becuz of my look. ... He's fun of pointing me out to lead in opening and closing prayers and he doesn't know na packaging I dey do..... Not that I can't pray but I don't know how put words in right places.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by udomma1005(m): 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
DesChyko:
I was young then, say about 6 years or so.

It was during our Catechism class, a lot of children were seated in the hall, with a few adults standing around, managing us. I think I either zoned out or didn't hear clearly but I heard the teacher at the front say "Who can give us a poem?"

My hand shot up immediately and I was summoned up the aisle. I took the microphone and screamed "Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been??" My God. The speed with which the teacher snatched the microphone from me and the heavy laughter that followed from all corners gave me that "I don jones" vibe.

He put one hand on my back to push me gently so I can start walking down and off the stage when he said "Not that type, God poem! God poem!!"

The walk to my seat long Gaan.. The eyes, the laughter, the pity on some faces.. My God πŸšΆπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ
Very immoral sombori you're πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You liked pussy talk since your Tata age πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by deavicky(m): 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
mastermaestro:

So you had the guts to take the highly rated JW communion? cheesy They didn't school you that no one dares to eat it especially in faraway Africa? Dey ask questions o. grin My cousin took that stuff at JW sometime ago, and was forced to take to his heels after facing silent unbearable judgment from other fellow congregants. cheesy

The protocol around their communion nor be joke o. grin
do I know!!!! When the usher stood at my front like I must take it.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Shedking(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I followed my friend to a deeper life church and the agbaya pastor sent me home because of my dressing saying it was too short. cheesy

You are a woman?
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mastermaestro(m): 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
deavicky:
do I know!!!! When the usher stood at my front like I must take it.

But why you nor come drink the wine? grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by duduade: 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
Fighter2029:
It was during one of the canonical visitation by our then bishop,I bought a digital camera then and wanted to take photos of our bishop, wasn't good at using the camera,the first time I went to take his picture, Bishop posed very well for me to take his picture,I was flashing him the camera without knowing that my fingers were covering the lens, Bishop waited till after church when he was going out with other clergy men and I went to take his picture again still covering my camera lens,Man gave me correction by giving me the biggest knock of my life on my head before the whole congregation, whatever desire that I had to become a photographer was killed that very moment being an introvert and having to find myself in such awkward situation with almost all the church members looking at me,even my bestie then laughed generational wickedness out of me.Odili Okeke, your correction was too harsh on innocent me.

Omg

grin grin grin angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? / Not Every Sin Leads To Hell / Top Ten Gospel Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.