Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? (18686 Views)

Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Ventrue: 10:07am On Apr 23, 2023
It happened in 1983 at the "Immaculate Mary" Catholic church in Afragola, Naples, Italy. Locals filled the Church on that Christmas day, with people standing in every available area inside and outside the building.

I noticed I was the only person seated in a row of benches stretching from one end of the Church to another when I turned to face the entrance. I realized I was the lone black boy as I gazed. The Reverend Father then started whining and chastising people for standing, which I overheard.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by SocialJustice: 10:09am On Apr 23, 2023
😂

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Torpedo23: 10:09am On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I followed my friend to a deeper life church and the agbaya pastor sent me home because of my dressing saying it was too short. cheesy

You are no woman. I'm not fooled by your shenanigans on here.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by motionarena: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Please don't laugh.... I remember so many years ago in church, it was a vigil. I was sleeping and the next thing I heard was "come out"....

I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed...

My seat became far from the pulpit, in my mind.. Fada lurd let the ground just swallow me. Kai.

Please share your experience

This is not bad.
In my church you can come on behalf of someone.

Wife or relation
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by spiralwedge(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2023
kareemkamil:
Christianity is false religion

If it is, why are you m@stubating over Christian threads. Get a life

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Torpedo23: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2023
Newdawn30:
Mine happened in 2018, I attended Christ embassy then, it was a partnership Sunday.(if you go to CE you would understand how there is always target and something to give for, seriously that church fit reck person financially)
So have the collection of the partnership offering the pastor observed that many people didn't participate.

The next thing I heard was if you know that you didn't give partnership today stand up. I did,( thinking that he was going to encourage us to give next Sunday) next thing I heard those of you that paid your partnership, hold the hands of those that didn't pay theirs and pray for them.

It so happened that the lady that prayed for me was someone I knew, I felt so embarrassed. I was so embarrassed, I felt like the less privileged. That was the last time I went there

grin
And I thought CAC pastors and evangelists were the meanest when it comes to fleecing church members of their hard earned money. . Since the 90s, you no pay peren, na shame be your own.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by otokx(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Please don't laugh.... I remember so many years ago in church, it was a vigil. I was sleeping and the next thing I heard was "come out"....

I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed...

My seat became far from the pulpit, in my mind.. Fada lurd let the ground just swallow me. Kai.

Epic
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Bamijoko1(m): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:

Many years back at one of redeemed church in ile ife, so everybody was standing including me so that time we are praying and it was all this long prayer so I never knew when the pastor told the congregation to sit omooo I don sleep while standing, after some minutes I just soji and I'm the only one on stand while everyone has already sit, it was so embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by henrimoto(m): 10:32am On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:

😂 😆 😆 😂 😂 You for use wisdom of "I'm standing in for my Aunty" 😂 😆 😆

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by pek(m): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2023
bobestman:
I was invited to a church ppl usually fall under the anointing. During prayers the pastor blew breeze into the mic and everybody was down. I was the only one standing. I taught thought the pastor would have come near me but he avoided me like a plague. My own anointing for don disgrace him that day. Ppl wey dem don chop their head
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by friday2011(m): 10:34am On Apr 23, 2023
The day I was appointed youth leader/youth pastor in the middle of the service without prior notice, I was shocked but I have to quickly put myself together,but ever since, it has drawn me more closer to God.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Tinubuderanged: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2023
When my Rev send my girlfriend out of the church for putting on lipstick.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Bahamas95(m): 10:50am On Apr 23, 2023
kareemkamil:
Still better than the evil religion where blood thirsty extremists fight for their god at the slightest provocation by killing infidels .

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Savagr(m): 10:51am On Apr 23, 2023
Fighter2029:
It was during one of the canonical visitation by our then bishop,I bought a digital camera then and wanted to take photos of our bishop, wasn't good at using the camera,the first time I went to take his picture, Bishop posed very well for me to take his picture,I was flashing him the camera without knowing that my fingers were covering the lens, Bishop waited till after church when he was going out with other clergy men and I went to take his picture again still covering my camera lens,Man gave me correction by giving me the biggest knock of my life on my head before the whole congregation, whatever desire that I had to become a photographer was killed that very moment being an introvert and having to find myself in such awkward situation with almost all the church members looking at me,even my bestie then laughed generational wickedness out of me.Odili Okeke, your correction was too harsh on innocent me.
😂😂😂
He's retired now
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by bigcee(m): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2023
OriOko88:
That was in 2018. I attended a baptist church sunday sch in Ibadan,out of nowhere I was signified to give the closing prayer. I was totally dumfounded,but I managed to stand up to pray,but alas,I kept on stammering to d extent even I struggled to hear what I was saying. People weren't even saying Amen they couldn't hear jack of what I was saying. After d prayer i shamefuly opened my eyes and d glances on people's face towards me said it all.

Since then I went to learn how to pray and I've improved now.
Lwkmd grin grin grin

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by CaptainFM1: 11:02am On Apr 23, 2023
I wanted to bring out money for offerings and the condom in my pocket fell alongside. I had planned to go knack Yetunde after service.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by naniawini(f): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2023
I was only going to ease myself then my pastor called my full name saying I come late to church but I'm always the first to leave... Omo I felt so embarrassed 🤣🤣🤣

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by sharpwriter(m): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2023
Wawelexy:
Came out as a first timer in one particular church that I seldomly go cos of freebies, never knew one usher would recognise me cos I thought I had attended the church long ago... The lady acted like a monitoring spirit, told me the colour of clothes I wore the last time I came, and that I also came with a friend, that she was the one who attended to us by writing down our names.... Omo I remain dumb....last last dem still give me fried rice and Miranda.. This was during school days.
You no dey shame. angry.. Na student hunger be dat o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Lifestone(m): 11:20am On Apr 23, 2023
kareemkamil:
How Sir?
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
During offering, Everyone way dey my roll comot finish only me remain..shishi I no carry!.... I nearly win disappear!
Lmao!
And when everyone that went foward to cast offering will be coming back, they will be looking at you like the less privilaged.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Lifestone(m): 11:22am On Apr 23, 2023
Ventrue:
It happened in 1983 at the "Immaculate Mary" Catholic church in Afragola, Naples, Italy. Locals filled the Church on that Christmas day, with people standing in every available area inside and outside the building.

I noticed I was the only person seated in a row of benches stretching from one end of the Church to another when I turned to face the entrance. I realized I was the lone black boy as I gazed. The Reverend Father then started whining and chastising people for standing, which I overheard.
Racist people
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by sharpwriter(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Night vigil or vigil was the problem!

My neighbour never preached to me because he knew i was a Muslim but when he noticed that i started listening to Jehovah's Witnesses and studying the Bible with them he decided to invited me to come to their church vigil.
I never knew that's how mosquitoes feast on the blood of people who comes to worship God so when these gigantic pests came i couldn't do anything throughout that night i kept checking my watch for the time i will go back home to treat myself. Everything the Baba Abiara was saying seems like noise to me as i couldn't concentrate with hundreds of thousands of mosquitoes as big as flies were feasting on people's blood. I killed few but my shirt was condemned as the bloodstains stick to my white shirt never to be washed away.
That was the first and last vigil i attended all my life! undecided
Hahahahahahaha... Was the vigil held in the jungle? cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Lmao!
And when everyone that went foward to cast offering will be coming back, they will be looking at you like the less privilaged.
I dey tell you!
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by phemmyfour: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I followed my friend to a deeper life church and the agbaya pastor sent me home because of my dressing saying it was too short. cheesy
Agbaya Abi...cos he told you the truth

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by PPIA: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2023
jahsharon:

My brethren, can you and I make Heaven like this with our dirty minds?

grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by bobestman(m): 11:34am On Apr 23, 2023
[quote author=BigCowHornn post=122692220]

You no well oooo
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by sharpwriter(m): 11:36am On Apr 23, 2023
Thanos5555:
When I was little, while in the main/adult church i got corrected by an usher to sit in a different position. I was furious, responded by pointing the middle finger to him, and I said Bleep YOU.

Long story short, the ushers took me upstairs and make sure the knocked the middle finger, which i used with cane, till I cried my self a river.

Dem teach you adult sense

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:52am On Apr 23, 2023
jahsharon:

This life no hard, na people dey make am hard. If God wants everybody to be Muslim or Christian, HE has the power to do that.

This is impossible unless God makes us like animals that can't think out of the box of food, sleep and mating, as long as we have brains and can think the only way God can make us worship Him in unity is the true religion that's what Jesus came to establish! John 17:22
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by kripen(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2023
Mine was on youth program in my church, I was made the moderator of the day. My brother the way I was shaking because if stage freight, was something else with the microphone on my hand, only for my assistant pastor to rescue me from the hands of fear and shame.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by valETA1(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2023
I love this topic, so i'll now pour out the reason I lack appetite going to my church, even though am yet to find another.

Fast forward to my final year, having been very active in politics ( L.G.A student congress) from onset, while also being fully qualified based on rotation that was clearly my village's turn, and experience wise. I was appointed by our then L.G chairman as a Congress chair.

This particular role never deterred me from God's service in the church. Infact as a committed usher I was one of the very few who would happily work in the sanctuary, help out in the media if called etc.

There came a particular day, we had an all night, it was also one of my busy days where I do comeback very late, like 12:30 to 1am, because of having to meet with my LG chair, who so much loved calling for meetings at odd hours.

I returned back home tired, infact I never wanted going to church that night, but since it was like a tradition in my compound that every last Friday of a month, if u don't have a church, surely u'll remain alone in the compound, because everyone will go to their church for all night.

So. I gathered myself to church, appearing with our uniform for the night. While at church at around past 12, I felt very sleepy and tired, it done on me that I wouldn't be able to work.

I approach our director, I requested that he permits me to go sleep, when Pastor mounts the pulpit by 2, I'll then resume, since we had such provisions or choice to work b4 or when Pastor mounts the pulpit.

Right in front of the church, with a lot of eyes, and how popular I was in church, due to the fact that I was one of the youngest in a department full of married men and women, my director threw bottles of water at me while abusing me.

To God who made me, I have never been embarrassed, even when I knew am the type of person that can't be forced to work, not even my Pastor can, let alone him, as if I came to church for him, knowing fully well my commitment to that same role is unquestionable and even immeasurable to his, even when I can't judge their notice-me kind of attitude.

I left the church that night looking totally abused, on my way going back I decided to join a church where same all night was going on, make e no b say devil get plan d night.

My reason of not going back to that church wasn't because the director abused me, it was when after like 3 Sundays no show in church, no one from the Usher, none from other departments, not even the assistant pastor who is the overall Director of all departments called find out, or asked or at least care why, I put a full stop.

To conclude, my observation in church is that, Well to do persons with bad home training, with no human sympathy, hypocrites and ill will towards commitment in same church, are reasons the willing ones aren't at God's service.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Looking For Rev. Fr. Mbaka's Contact. / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations / Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.