Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? (18640 Views)

Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Deejaygold(m): 9:27am On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I followed my friend to a deeper life church and the agbaya pastor sent me home because of my dressing saying it was too short. cheesy

You for no wear anything before naa

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by gistray: 9:27am On Apr 23, 2023
I sheet for Nikka for church
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by eventainment(m): 9:30am On Apr 23, 2023
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by jahsharon: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I followed my friend to a deeper life church and the agbaya pastor sent me home because of my dressing saying it was too short. cheesy

Yes, Deeper Life will not allow camouflaged prostitution in their church

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by EXLOVER(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2023
Went out for an altar call to repent, omo the whole congregation i was the only one that came out.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by prophetfire: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You went to corrupt the church for them?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Fafesot: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2023
I was pointed at to answer a Bible study question;
I attend Anglican, the whole church usually sit for bible study in one place.
I wasn't concentrating, that caught the attention of the woman leading the session, so she called me to answer a particular question.

I stood, and quickly prayed in my heart that the ground should swallow me.. what saved me was, a sister beside me quickly handed to me her bible study outline so I could glance through the question, I did and I was able to relate the question to a physical scenerio without no biblical references. It was the shock I felt initially that made it so embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by jahsharon: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Night vigil or vigil was the problem!

My neighbour never preached to me because he knew i was a Muslim but when he noticed that i started listening to Jehovah's Witnesses and studying the Bible with them he decided to invited me to come to their church vigil.
I never knew that's how mosquitoes feast on the blood of people who comes to worship God so when these gigantic pests came i couldn't do anything throughout that night i kept checking my watch for the time i will go back home to treat myself. Everything the Baba Abiara was saying seems like noise to me as i couldn't concentrate with hundreds of thousands of mosquitoes as big as flies were feasting on people's blood. I killed few but my shirt was condemned as the bloodstains stick to my white shirt never to be washed away.
That was the first and last vigil i attended all my life! undecided

My brother in Islam. Anywhere wey fine girls dey, I dey enter. I was baptized in the Catholic Church in Primary-4 because I attended a Catholic Primary school, and went to take baptism classes. MFM came to my area some years later, I pursued fine girls enter, dem baptized me. I marry for Winner Church, dem baptized me again. Baptism no dey too much.

When masquerades come out for my area, I still join them in running, dancing, and jumping for about 20 kilometers everyday throughout their festival period each year since primary school till a few years ago when I left my place of birth. But last year when I went to see my old Niggas and partners in small small crime, it was masquerades festival, I still joined them for about 20 kilometres. Ogun and Sango worshippers dey my area, I dey enjoy their roasted yams and palm oil for several years.

This life no hard, na people dey make am hard. If God wants everybody to be Muslim or Christian, HE has the power to do that.

22 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Mrtaye: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Please don't laugh.... I remember so many years ago in church, it was a vigil. I was sleeping and the next thing I heard was "come out"....

I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed...

My seat became far from the pulpit, in my mind.. Fada lurd let the ground just swallow me. Kai.

Please share your experience
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Adebisi Jonah

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by jahsharon: 9:42am On Apr 23, 2023
PPIA:

Instead of him to take you to a private place after service for counseling and drill your ***** in the name of the lord cool cool cool

My brethren, can you and I make Heaven like this with our dirty minds?
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by alfredo4u(m): 9:48am On Apr 23, 2023
When I was asked to Kiss our Pastors daughter

I was so shy
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by DJInfluence: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2023
AchrafHakimi:
My prick stood

grin grin which book and verse of the Bible were you reading when this happened? Let me check something grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by orikoku: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2023
OriOko88:
That was in 2018. I attended a baptist church sunday sch in Ibadan,out of nowhere I was signified to give the closing prayer. I was totally dumfounded,but I managed to stand up to pray,but alas,I kept on stammering to d extent even I struggled to hear what I was saying. People weren't even saying Amen they couldn't hear jack of what I was saying. After d prayer i shamefuly opened my eyes and d glances on people's face towards me said it all.i can't just stop laughing bro.

Since then I went to learn how to pray and I've improved now.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Abolodje: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2023
See as Christians wey go church today go dey lie anyhow just for likes and shares

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Newdawn30: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2023
Mine happened in 2018, I attended Christ embassy then, it was a partnership Sunday.(if you go to CE you would understand how there is always target and something to give for, seriously that church fit reck person financially)
So after the collection of the partnership offering the pastor observed that many people didn't participate.

The next thing I heard was if you know that you didn't give partnership today stand up. I did,( thinking that he was going to encourage us to give next Sunday) next thing I heard those of you that paid your partnership, hold the hands of those that didn't pay theirs and pray for them.

It so happened that the lady that prayed for me was someone I knew, I felt so embarrassed. I was so embarrassed, I felt like the less privileged. That was the last time I went there

18 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by worldclass68(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2023
1950Mack:
grin dem say make we contribute money, I no get shishi... naso dem kon de beef me o... I surprise o... I no even kon de go church again sef since 8 years now... believe me.... since I quit church I get peace of mind... no nonsense see finish... no sowing of seed in another man's life... and God de answer my prayer back to back... I de carry person salary buy drink now... to be successful and progressive in life is not by going to church and die at pastor's feet... talk to God one on one... he get him own ears... I no need one barawo with suit, long tie, and big bible to show me God... I know God myself... make I continue de sip my paraga before fanatics rush me like shawarma... iyalaje fun mi ni shot kan si grin

Exactly bro....

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by kareemkamil(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2023
Christianity is false religion
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Nicenixon: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Please don't laugh.... I remember so many years ago in church, it was a vigil. I was sleeping and the next thing I heard was "come out"....

I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed...

My seat became far from the pulpit, in my mind.. Fada lurd let the ground just swallow me. Kai.

Please share your experience
Lol! I wasn't really paying attention during service, then I noticed a lot brothers standing before the altar, I quickly joined them and it was that moment I realized the prayer about to be offered was for brothers seeking for future partner, I gallantly walked back to my seat, me wey be say na how to get money I think of not even girlfriend talkless of future partner. After church service, I was approached by three mothers making jest of me, me self join them in laughter. Since then, I dy open my ears listen to any purpose of altar call before even standing up, not to talk of moving.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by sync(f): 9:56am On Apr 23, 2023
I wore a tight fitting skirt and suit to church. As I was bending down to sit na so I hear zam, the zip of the skirt don spoil and I was wearing a g-string underneath it. I didn’t bother seating anymore. I just go house jeje

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2023
No embarrassing situation for me in church.Rather I feel embarrassed coming to church without an offering.Anytime I don't have offering money,I simply stay at home.God understands.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Damian911: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2023
cheesy cheesy wink wink
DesChyko:
I was young then, say about 6 years or so.

It was during our Catechism class, a lot of children were seated in the hall, with a few adults standing around, managing us. I think I either zoned out or didn't hear clearly but I heard the teacher at the front say "Who can give us a poem?"

My hand shot up immediately and I was summoned up the aisle. I took the microphone and screamed "Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been??" My God. The speed with which the teacher snatched the microphone from me and the heavy laughter that followed from all corners gave me that "I don jones" vibe.

He put one hand on my back to push me gently so I can start walking down and off the stage when he said "Not that type, God poem! God poem!!"

The walk to my seat long Gaan.. The eyes, the laughter, the pity on some faces.. My God πŸšΆπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by RichardRexs(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2023
i was in JSS3 back then. i had my bathe , got dressed but forgot to brush my teeth. i went to the bathroom and hurriedly brushed before joining my parent in the car. Got to the teens church and was directed to the front seat. After praise and worship, i discovered that my white top was stained with toothpaste. i felt so embarrassed and ashamed. And you know how sophisticated LFC teens ladies are, i wanted the ground to open and swallow me. i didn't pay attention anymore, was waiting for the service to end.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by correctguy101(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2023
1950Mack:
grin dem say make we contribute money, I no get shishi... naso dem kon de beef me o... I surprise o... I no even kon de go church again sef since 8 years now... believe me.... since I quit church I get peace of mind... no nonsense see finish... no sowing of seed in another man's life... and God de answer my prayer back to back... I de carry person salary buy drink now... to be successful and progressive in life is not by going to church and die at pastor's feet... talk to God one on one... he get him own ears... I no need one barawo with suit, long tie, and big bible to show me God... I know God myself... make I continue de sip my paraga before fanatics rush me like shawarma... iyalaje fun mi ni shot kan si grin

Nice rhyme ..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Dada4me: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2023
Mine happened some years ago after my secondary school. We were standing in church praying. I rested on the wall while praying and slept off due to fatigue.

Na so them finish prayers and sat down leaving me still standing. My saving grace was the hand of the person beside me that hit me. It would have been blue that day. I gently went down straight.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Timagex(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2023
Fighter2029:
It was during one of the canonical visitation by our then bishop,I bought a digital camera then and wanted to take photos of our bishop, wasn't good at using the camera,the first time I went to take his picture, Bishop posed very well for me to take his picture,I was flashing him the camera without knowing that my fingers were covering the lens, Bishop waited till after church when he was going out with other clergy men and I went to take his picture again still covering my camera lens,Man gave me correction by giving me the biggest knock of my life on my head before the whole congregation, whatever desire that I had to become a photographer was killed that very moment being an introvert and having to find myself in such awkward situation with almost all the church members looking at me,even my bestie then laughed generational wickedness out of me.Odili Okeke, your correction was too harsh on innocent me.

Mehn... That bishop did not try at all.

We lost a photographer. πŸ˜’
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Kokoboss: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2023
Wawelexy:
Came out as a first timer in one particular church that I seldomly go cos of freebies, never knew one usher would recognise me cos I thought I had attended the church long ago... The lady acted like a monitoring spirit, told me the colour of clothes I wore the last time I came, and that I also came with a friend, that she was the one who attended to us by writing down our names.... Omo I remain dumb....last last dem still give me fried rice and Miranda.. This was during school days.
hahhahaha I can relate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Ihedinuwa69(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2023
DesChyko:
I was young then, say about 6 years or so.

It was during our Catechism class, a lot of children were seated in the hall, with a few adults standing around, managing us. I think I either zoned out or didn't hear clearly but I heard the teacher at the front say "Who can give us a poem?"

My hand shot up immediately and I was summoned up the aisle. I took the microphone and screamed "Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been??" My God. The speed with which the teacher snatched the microphone from me and the heavy laughter that followed from all corners gave me that "I don jones" vibe.

He put one hand on my back to push me gently so I can start walking down and off the stage when he said "Not that type, God poem! God poem!!"

The walk to my seat long Gaan.. The eyes, the laughter, the pity on some faces.. My God πŸšΆπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

You will be like my Lord and and God
Why has thou forsaken me

Why me
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Collins87: 10:05am On Apr 23, 2023
Because I wore new clothes the eyes could not leave me.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by BigCowHornn: 10:05am On Apr 23, 2023
bobestman:
I was invited to a church ppl usually fall under the anointing. During prayers the pastor blew breeze into the mic and everybody was down. I was the only one standing. I taught the pastor would have come near me but he avoided me like a plague. My own anointing for don disgrace him that day. Ppl wey dem don chop their head

You no well oooo πŸ˜…

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mabeni(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2023
Several years ago, I Lost my businesses and My girlfriend at the time started acting up. I threatened to break up with her but she threatened to deal with me if I dare break up.

I finally broke up with her but fear dey always catch because of her threat. Then,I started going to One redeemed church.

One day In the church, the pastor started prophesizing What God showed him in spiritual realm and at a point Said "if you are a Young guy here and recently broke up with a girl and she promised to deal with you, kindly see me In my office after service.

Na so I begin to dey sweat inside ac. I went to meet him after service and narrated how I lost my businesses and broke up with a girl that I was the person he was referring to the other Time.

The pastor asked for my age , I told him .only for him too burst into loud laugh ,asked me to write down my name and number and come back in 2weeks Time. I was embarrassed and felt like a fool.

That was my last time in the church.

Note: I was 25years at the time and have been independent since 19 and taking responsibilities of My younger siblings without commiting crime.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.