Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,193 members, 7,835,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? (18690 Views)

Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mabeni(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
mastermaestro:

Why exactly did he laugh? Are you sure it had anything to do with your age? It's weird though. That was a poor counseling session he oversaw. So what went down with you and your girlfriend afterwards? Did she still deal with you or you went back to her?
no she didn't. She was just making empty threat.

She later came back begging to back to me but I turned her down.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by mabeni(m): 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2023
GreatVocalist:

I don't get it. You left without knowing why he laughed and instructed you to return after two weeks?
from observation, he laughed at me because he felt I was too young for a relationship. I felt being mocked.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by deavicky(m): 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
mastermaestro:

But why you nor come drink the wine? grin grin
na there I Bleep up. if na now I for drink am straight.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
I attended this church in my new residence for the first time and it was during the church harvest.I was presented with a thanksgiving envelope at the point of entry.The choir are all beautiful females with few of them that i have even toasted.The congregation came out to donate offerings and tithes more than 8 times and i came out to donate only one's.I went home with my thanksgiving envelope without donating a dime because i went to church with only #100 which i have donated as a offering.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by prepresh(f): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Please don't laugh.... I remember so many years ago in church, it was a vigil. I was sleeping and the next thing I heard was "come out"....

I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed... so funny

My seat became far from the pulpit, in my mind.. Fada lurd let the ground just swallow me. Kai.

Please share your experience
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by udomma1005(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
Torpedo23:

You are no woman. I'm not fooled by your shenanigans on here.
It's that con boy "messi'๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by sterlingD(m): 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Please don't laugh.... I remember so many years ago in church, it was a vigil. I was sleeping and the next thing I heard was "come out"....

I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed...

My seat became far from the pulpit, in my mind.. Fada lurd let the ground just swallow me. Kai.

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by prepresh(f): 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ok, there was a welfare service in my church and I was busy attending to first timers, so when I finished, I went into the church to sit down. I saw two set of people seated one set was few and the other was crowded, without asking any question I went to sit where there were few people, I saw people looking at me but I didn't understand why, all of a sudden one rude girl that knows me very well o just came to me and asked loudly, are you a widow or an orphan? That's when I realized that where I was seated was reserved for widows and orphans, and I'm a well known person in the church. Shame wey pass shame catch me that day.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by prepresh(f): 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
EXLOVER:
Went out for an altar call to repent, omo the whole congregation i was the only one that came out.
it doesn't matter, that shouldn't discourage you, it's the best decision to make. A lot of people want to do the same but are not bold enough to do so. So congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by udomma1005(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2023
deavicky:
What else? I was invited to jehovah witness service on a faithful evening, when I got in, I was ushered to the front seated on the first low and the first column.
It's was now time for communion, the usher brought it to my front and he stood there for some good number of seconds like I was supposed to take it so he can move to the next person.
My brother man, I ignorantly took the bread only to discover that I was the only one who took it in a congratulation of over 2000.
I felt like eveporating. To make matter worse, was when they brought the wine. this time I couldn't take it because the whole congregation had their eyes on me to see the only righteous man in their church.
..... Only righteous man......! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‹

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Landowner101(m): 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
When my girlfriend invited me to her church (celestial church) on getting to the church with my canvas and dreadlock, she just left me and went to greet some members of the church, I was just standing and looked confused on what next to do, I just heard a noise behind me saying "Oooodeeeeee, i didn't know what hit my legs but before I could realize myself I was already on the ground. I open my I eyes and saw up to seven men in white clothes singing, jah jehovah, jah jehovah, jah jehovah. While rotating me. I just saw a tiny space to escape, omo see race, I even pushed one old woman away while trying to escape.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Goalnaldo(m): 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Lmao!
And when everyone that went foward to cast offering will be coming back, they will be looking at you like the less privilaged.
thats why i liked this LFC i am attending, they pass the offering basket row to row.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by BabaCommander: 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
Fighter2029:
It was during one of the canonical visitation by our then bishop,I bought a digital camera then and wanted to take photos of our bishop, wasn't good at using the camera,the first time I went to take his picture, Bishop posed very well for me to take his picture,I was flashing him the camera without knowing that my fingers were covering the lens, Bishop waited till after church when he was going out with other clergy men and I went to take his picture again still covering my camera lens,Man gave me correction by giving me the biggest knock of my life on my head before the whole congregation, whatever desire that I had to become a photographer was killed that very moment being an introvert and having to find myself in such awkward situation with almost all the church members looking at me,even my bestie then laughed generational wickedness out of me.Odili Okeke, your correction was too harsh on innocent me.

A bit touching...
Sorry that you have to go through such xperience. The good Bishop never intended to the outcome.

From your exprience, what is the best way the Bishop could have used to correct you?
And
What would you do if you have to face a similiar siuation today? Would it kill your dream or you would put it behind you and pursue your dream?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by kayfact123(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
While I was little child, still in the children department back then
I was a complete introvert in church, always minding my business sitting alone
Nah so one day a group of friends always engaging, interactive and playful in church step on my toes
One of them was actually threatening to beat me up
Nah so out of anger, I just throw ham small punch in his mouth, that's how all his teeth fells down on the floor with blood coming out from his mouth
I wanted to run to my parents in the adult department but I was eventually caught by the children department teacher
At the end of the day, bwith a lot of tackling and stuff, the boy mama said they should let me go.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
BabaCommander:

A bit touching...
Sorry that you have to go through such xperience. The good Bishop never intended to the outcome.

From your exprience, what is the best way the Bishop could have used to correct you?
And
What would you do if you have to face a similiar siuation today? Would it kill your dream or you would put it behind you and pursue your dream?
.........I think the best way to correct young people is through heart to heart talk,I write this from my experience as a secondary school teacher (having been a teacher for about 3 years after graduation) who dealt with different characters of kids coming up from different background,I can only just imagine the path my life could have taken if the bishop had corrected me in a more respectful manner that day.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by DonroxyII: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
jahsharon:

This life no hard, na people dey make am hard. If God wants everybody to be Muslim or Christian, HE has the power to do that.
But God is not Autocratic .. God would only Help You Blessed Your Choice as Adaptations go set in and You shall Continue on that Journeys Eternally until you feel the need to change !

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by DonroxyII: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2023
mastermaestro:

First of all, try attending a sound church closeset to you if you are having transportation challenges. This is the advice I always give to folks, including the ones that attend my church.

Avoid churches where there is too much pressure to give money. GOD is not a tax officer. Lastly, forget about big names also. Just find a church that renews your spirit man through the Word, fervent prayers and fasting. GOD will give you a career breakthrough before the middle of May in JESUS' name!

Stay in GOD'S Presence.
Good Man !
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by paey30c(f): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
My white dress got stained with period
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by tonytony208(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2023
bobestman:
Na ogbanje suppose fear pastor na. No be the other way round. You call holy spirit any how without understanding. Be careful so you don't damn your soul. Many don't understand that personality. Have told you your head slamming religion had more errors than that of christianity. You are like a blind man trying to cure the blindness of another blind man not knowing that both of you are quietly walking into a deep pit

Maybe we should start by reminding antChristian how Mohamed defiled a 9 year old girl and also bleeped his son's wife.

Mohammed the morally rotten dog

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by GiftAbia1: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
i hate remembering my own experience. but before I start I will like to say I love being in Gods presence.
mine happened when a brother invited me to his wedding. I had to travel back home a day before to attend. on the wedding day I was cutely dressed up on my new suit. I noticed when I got to the church premises and was about to enter inside the main church building, a pretty lady on a bride's made dress passed me and look she gave me was enticing, for my mind she done fall for cute boy and I was saying after I go collect number may be we will be next. I entered inside the church usher girl directed me to front seat. I noticed the same girl from her seat still dy look me. when it was time to sing hymn, some how my hand touched my zip and I discovered it was open omo when I say make I check, low and behold my boxers no show na the shirt I wear pass through. nai I drop hymn and zip up first. I started thinking so many things during the service but some how I controlled myself. After the wedding I chatted with friends and family when I saw the girl, spirit weak just bone her go house.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Exceed15: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2023
Adebisi0070:

I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed...

Lol..
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Exceed15: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tallesty1:
My own wasn't embarrassing, it was funny.

I am not a fan of dancing in the church, whether it is worship, praises or offering time. If clapping hand no do you, leave am.

So it was my first Sunday service in the church and everyone was dancing except me. The pastor's wife was leading the praises and I was on my feet as usual, but I was not dancing. Just clapping and moving my legs to and fro, big uncle style. That is not the kinda dancing they wanted.

So the woman was observing me and I noticed it.

She was like make a joyful noise unto the Lord Jesus... People shouted. I don't do that too. She noticed that I didn't shout and came to me and said.

"Brother, you are not dancing"

I nodded yes.

"You don't know how to dance?"

I nodded yes.

She started dancing in my front in hope that I would join her but I wasn't moved so she danced back to the alter.

Moments later she was like jump up for Jesus.

I stayed glued to my feet so she came back again.

"Brother, you don't know how to jump too" she brought the mic close enough so that people could hear me.

"I am actually very good at jumping up" I said.

"Then why are you not jumping? Are you shy to jump in your father's house"

"I am not shy at all"

"Then why are you not jumping?"

"I am not jumping because there are so many enemies in my father's house" I said pointing at the ceiling fans that were hanging inches away from my head.

The whole church started laughing.

That thing made me popular in the church.

Lol..U cracked me up mehn.. nice 1
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Menclothing: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2023
Raising hands up and giving wrong answer on mic during Sunday school

Cotton shirt chinos trousers from 5k
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Igboboy59(m): 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
It was an embarrassing movement for me. I went for an evening program at one of the churches in my area. It was time to give offering we were given envelope, summoned one of the ushers that I have #200 with me, intent to give #100. The brother told me to put the #200 inside the envelope given and I should come to usher stand for #100 at the end of the program. After the program I went as directed to meet the brother (Usher) it was there I received the schock of my life from the brother that he didn't saw me when I dropped offering. It was a big church though. I was really embarrassed amidst other ushers starring at me like a criminal. Like that wasn't enough, he even went to report me to pastor. Tears was rolling down from my face that day. Thank God that didn't stopped me from going to church or in given.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by rant19ade: 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
GiftAbia1:
i hate remembering my own experience. but before I start I will like to say I love being in Gods presence.
mine happened when a brother invited me to his wedding. I had to travel back home a day before to attend. on the wedding day I was cutely dressed up on my new suit. I noticed when I got to the church premises and was about to enter inside the main church building, a pretty lady on a bride's made dress passed me and look she gave me was enticing, for my mind she done fall for cute boy and I was saying after I go collect number may be we will be next. I entered inside the church usher girl directed me to front seat. I noticed the same girl from her seat still dy look me. when it was time to sing hymn, some how my hand touched my zip and I discovered it was open omo when I say make I check, low and behold my boxers no show na the shirt I wear pass through. nai I drop hymn and zip up first. I started thinking so many things during the service but some how I controlled myself. After the wedding I chatted with friends and family when I saw the girl, spirit weak just bone her go house.

Funny enough, that's a good ice-breaker. Just make a funny joke about the whole issue and both of you start talking and clicking from there.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Demigod22: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
One fateful Sunday, I followed my friend to his church and the usher led us to sit on the first bench.

Soldier ants entered my clothes, when they started to feast on me, I was so taken unaware that I have to pulled my clothes inside the church.

The second one was when my mother practically dragged me to church and I was purging.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by ComputerOperato: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
jahsharon:

My brother in Islam. Anywhere wey fine girls dey, I dey enter. I was baptized in the Catholic Church in Primary-4 because I attended a Catholic Primary school, and went to take baptism classes. MFM came to my area some years later, I pursued fine girls enter, dem baptized me. I marry for Winner Church, dem baptized me again. Baptism no dey too much.

When masquerades come out for my area, I still join them in running, dancing, and jumping for about 20 kilometers everyday throughout their festival period each year since primary school till a few years ago when I left my place of birth. But last year when I went to see my old Niggas and partners in small small crime, it was masquerades festival, I still joined them for about 20 kilometres. Ogun and Sango worshippers dey my area, I dey enjoy their roasted yams and palm oil for several years.

This life no hard, na people dey make am hard. If God wants everybody to be Muslim or Christian, HE has the power to do that.

This man!
I don laugh tire grin grin
I 'm like you though.
Easter. We do it.
Ileya come. I chop ram.
This life no hard.
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by theamazonguru(m): 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
This happened in 2011, that night we were at a night vigil.
The pastor of the ministry knows me well, having been told that I am a Minister in my own church so he gives me that respect and once in a while asks me to officiate one way or the other.

So, that particular night, I had slept off during the vigil. I didn't know the pastor had rounded up the prayers and all.
He just passed the microphone to someone asking them to give me to do the final prayer.

ร“mรณ, I was taken by shock. I was just mumbling and fumbling.
I wasn't cohesive.
My best bible verse came to my mind but I just kept repeating it.
That was how they came to collect the microphone from me oh.

The shame that day no be here.
It was like the ground should open it's mouth to swallow me.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by caandi: 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2023
Landowner101:
When my girlfriend invited me to her church (celestial church) on getting to the church with my canvas and dreadlock, she just left me and went to greet some members of the church, I was just standing and looked confused on what next to do, I just heard a noise behind me saying "Oooodeeeeee, i didn't know what hit my legs but before I could realize myself I was already on the ground. I open my I eyes and saw up to seven men in white clothes singing, jah jehovah, jah jehovah, jah jehovah. While rotating me. I just saw a tiny space to escape, omo see race, I even pushed one old woman away while trying to escape.
lwkmd ๐Ÿ˜‚ this is so funny abeg
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by caandi: 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
Demigod22:
One fateful Sunday, I followed my friend to his church and the usher led us to sit on the first bench.

Soldier ants entered my clothes, when they started to feast on me, I was so taken unaware that I have to pulled my clothes inside the church.

The second one was when my mother practically dragged me to church and I was purging.
lmao ๐Ÿ˜‚ eni kpe?
This is funny o
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by heartbeat84: 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2023
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. that was so embarrassing o
Adebisi0070:

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
GreatVocalist:

That's too harsh na, haha! You're not too old to be chastised.
I was very young then and he shouldn't have been that harsh. It's their ways sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Not Every Sin Leads To Hell / Top Ten Gospel Songs / Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.