Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? (66551 Views)

What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) / Which Of These Cars Is Best For Transport Business? / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by coputa(m): 6:03am On Apr 27, 2023
pek:
Another senseless post. Me a car dealer? Hmmm. Even if I am a car dealer, you know nothing about cars. Thank goodness i am not the only one who is saying so.
Mr sensible,i have used Elantra and sanata first hand, Hyundai ain't good brands.,popular opinions are mostly wrong.
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by Minjim: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2023
pek:
Explain please

The South is has Wet and Dry seaoning but it's mostly Dry in the North. You will hardly see muds on your car and car washes are very scarce
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by helicoptarr: 9:45am On Apr 27, 2023
Xtraordinare:
Hello experienced Nairalanders

Please for someone with a budget of 4m which of this cars would you advice one to buy. Note the car is one that should be able to serve for atleast 4years.

Belgium 2010 Pontiac Vibe
Belgium 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Belgium 2010 Hyundai Santafe
Nigerian used Honda Crv which I know there will be change at the end of the day.

Please help with reliability and maintenance of this vehicles..

Please note I don't want anything outside this vehicles I mentioned...

Thanks for your contribution

Square pegs in square holes...

The best choice should depend entirely on:

Purpose

Mostly interstate or intercity?

Heavy/large cargo transport occasionally or frequently?

Executive purpose (statement making to attracting certain status-based opportunities)

Regularity of use

Possibility of reselling in the future (so as to select one with the best secondhand value)

These are some of the most vital things to consider before selecting a car, bro!
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by pek(m): 11:36am On Apr 27, 2023
angry angry angry
Minjim:

The South is has Wet and Dry seaoning but it's mostly Dry in the North. You will hardly see muds on your car and car washes are very scarce
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by OKclothier: 6:08am On Apr 28, 2023
Where can one get this direct Belgium pontiac Vibe and what's the cost too?

shegun1406:
Go for Pontiac Vibe. I am currently using 05 direct Belgium. I sold one last year and replaced it the following day. It's economical and stronger than Corolla.
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by OKclothier: 6:38am On Apr 28, 2023
Which part of ikorodu please?
And how much is the land?

Diligent1:

Honestly my brother, you can get it in Ikorodu, Lagos State I am from Ikorodu.
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by Diligent1(f): 7:21am On Apr 28, 2023
OKclothier:
Which part of ikorodu please?
And how much is the land?

I will get back to you
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by valarinz: 1:09am On Apr 29, 2023
pek:
Another senseless post. Me a car dealer? Hmmm. Even if I am a car dealer, you know nothing about cars. Thank goodness i am not the only one who is saying so.

It's hard to find a more ignorant and bold fellow this month of April. Sadly, some unfortunate people are looking up to the clown for some guidance somewhere
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by xevove2061: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2023
GistFullGround:
So, you cannot buy a plot of land? Or having Keke Marwa to be balancing you? N4,000,000 can get you brand new Kekes. How much do they make in your state daily? My friend, start a good keke company & be free! With your God's help, you can have many Kekes

4m naira for keke? Wow
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by Waterbear(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2023
webdevprof:

What's wrong with it. Share the knowledge, no big deal.

That car in particular is prone to gearbox failure..
Aside the fact that it drinks fuel like a plane on weed mostly when the catalyst has been tampered with ..
But the gear problem is just as bad as buying a murano or infinity fx ....
Once it starts you'll see yourself traveling or waybilling from lagos steady, and if you're living in lagos, you'll make lots of new friends that are mechanics
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by shegun1406(m): 10:13am On May 02, 2023
OKclothier:
Where can one get this direct Belgium pontiac Vibe and what's the cost too?

I got mine 3.350 in Ilorin then drove it to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by Promxy94(m): 11:59am On May 02, 2023
shegun1406:

I got mine 3.350 in Ilorin then drove it to Abuja.

Which year model, and is it direct Belgium...
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by DonnyE(m): 9:46pm On May 13, 2023
Abbeytoy:
I know some that don't have money can't be talking of buying a 4m car at this period...

To be sincere, I don't know much about cars but I have a lot of people saying the Honda CRV is a good car.

Again, for you and someone who can raise 4m for business, please buy a Nigerian used 10-tire truck and register it under the waste management in your state and thank me later.
Let's talk more about the truck gig
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by Abbeytoy(m): 10:32pm On May 13, 2023
DonnyE:
Let's talk more about the truck gig

I am with you.

Ask question
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by BestTrades: 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2023

To check vin of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification ..
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by cucumbar: 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
Waterbear:

That car in particular is prone to gearbox failure..
Aside the fact that it drinks fuel like a plane on weed mostly when the catalyst has been tampered with ..
But the gear problem is just as bad as buying a murano or infinity fx ....
Once it starts you'll see yourself traveling or waybilling from lagos steady, and if you're living in lagos, you'll make lots of new friends that are mechanics
Lord have mercy…. This one doesn’t have a car o.
Lies … all you spewed here. I have a Honda accord of that model. It will be 11 years in December, and I have never had problems with the gear, not for one day, and it just as fuel efficient as any other car with the same engine capacity. Why you Dey lie like this?
If you owned one and it had gear issues, it was because you used a wrong gear oil.
Accords are one of the sweetest cars you can think of.
I feel like giving you a dirty slap for this lies.
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by 2felix(m): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
amSTARboy:

Low cost of maintenance
Durable
Easy to fix

If you want to buy a Nigerian used vehicle, go to the North. It’s usually well maintained. Just do your due diligence and ensure the papers are genuine

When u say go to north buy honda crv, does it include Abuja?
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by 2felix(m): 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
Jamahyel:
a friend drives honda crv , very reliable.
Which year model?
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by radautoworks: 7:41am On Sep 08, 2023
1) vibe
2) sonata
3) if you must, Naija used crv but be VERY wary

And MAKE SURE YOU GET A COMPLETE INSPECTION FIRST including a scan with a good tool not some Bluetooth one.
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by valarinz: 9:53am On Sep 08, 2023
radautoworks:
1) vibe
2) sonata
3) if you must, Naija used crv but be VERY wary

And MAKE SURE YOU GET A COMPLETE INSPECTION FIRST including a scan with a good tool not some Bluetooth one.

With our current reality, ₦4m can't even buy your Number 1 and 2 either as toks

Just amend your list stating all as Naija used
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by bonnyhope: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
valarinz:

This post was April before the new govt

Alot have changed between Month of May and now.

4m could buy any of those car then
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by radautoworks: 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2023
valarinz:

eweeeee. I just talk am like that because he said he had those options undecided
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by valarinz: 1:01am On Sep 09, 2023
bonnyhope:

This post was April before the new govt

Alot have changed between Month of May and now.

4m could buy any of those car then

What part of the words "current reality" did you miss out on? Also, the post I responded to was made yesterday 🤷🏾‍♀️
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by Waterbear(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
cucumbar:
Lies … all you spewed here. I have a Honda accord of that model. It will be 11 years in December, and I have never had problems with the gear, not for one day, and it just as fuel efficient as any other car with the same engine capacity. Why you Dey lie like this?
If you owned one and it had gear issues, it was because you used a wrong gear oil.

You're a mumu ohh..
Give your father the dirty slap, stupid child...
I have owned and driven more cars than you will ever in your lifetime..
Sometimes try and learn about a specific brand through research and analysis... that yours didn't give an issue doesn't mean all its release are faultless ...
Well English comprehension is hard shaa I no fit blame you...
Maybe you need a matured mind to help translate

When people are talking about pilot you carry your accord mouth jump into the conversation without knowing what the topic is about...
Picking a fight without knowing what you're fighting for...
SMH typical Nigerian
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by Waterbear(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
cucumbar:

Incase it's out of ignorance let me just give you a free lecture...
Accord is different from pilot ...

Real Car owners know the difference...
Unlike some that think all Hondas are accord
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by byteem: 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2023
Passionate888:
Hyundai parts are costlier than Honda

Not true
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by cyberguy72(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18
Toyota 4runner 2005/06 model
Re: For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? by smugmanuel(m): 8:59pm On Feb 18
Go for Pontiac vibe. Avoid Nigeria used honda unless you know the direct owner and the history.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Next Mercedes-Benz GLE interior sketches revealed / Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. / BMW 750li Xdrive Bashed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.