Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son (36542 Views)

Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix) / Trending Video Of Nigerian Dad Being Made Up By His Daughters / Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by AntiWailer: 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2023
Awesome Man.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by TheRealKing(m): 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
Whatever it is they wrote up there is their business
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by gare(f): 3:18am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.

It started long ago when he got married to his first wife(now ex) who had two daughters for him, they were childhood lovers and they lived perfectly.

However trouble started when he got a job in portharcourt and he met this other woman who came for IT , he discovered this woman is from our home town and he got more attracted and decided to keep her as a mistress, but the woman wanted more.

So, the affairs started over there and she was practically living with him while the wife stayed back home. Soon information started reaching his wife about this other woman but the wife always discard such information saying her husband isn't such type of person.

When the same information keeps reaching her, she decided to pay him an impromptu visit and boom she met this other woman there already acting as a wife, she confronted the husband and he told her he intends marrying her as his wife, she got angry and left back to base(home town).

When this other woman came home, she informed this man that she was beaten up by his wife's mother and siblings when she was passing by their house ( it was all lies) and the husband came home and arrested his wife (her 1yr old baby was in the cell with her as well), her mother and all her siblings and further went ahead to marry the other woman.

It was so messy that divorce was the only option they had left, he also forcefully took her two daughters from her and they were now under the care of the new wife. That was how the other woman became his wife and had three children for him( a boy and two girls).

After several years, the children are all grown, he gave them the best training and he endured so much bad behavior from this second wife to save face not until he caught her with charms inside a sack of garri that was sent to her by her mother and that was the last action that led to their separation. He married another woman making it the third one.

The third woman came and couldn't conceive because the second woman made a vow that as long as she remained married to her husband, she'll never bear children. Till today the third woman never had any child but she remained in her marriage childless.

Now, this man has come of age and decided to have a will on all his properties and other possessions. Surprisingly he willed over 90% of his properties and all other possessions to his first two daughters from his first wife leaving his only son from the second wife with only a landed property.

The second wife got hint of this and vow to deal with him by all means. She has sued him to court and involved his kinsmen but this man insists that that's the only compensation he can give to the first wife who never offended him in any way and maintained that he's not going back on his decision.

As at now family and friends are on his neck to have a change of decision considering the fact that his only son is very responsible and does not portray any form of threat or irresponsibility but he's obviously not listening and maintained that nothing can make him change his decision.

Please is he right with such drastic decision?

Is there sense in willing almost all you posses to a female child who will take such inheritance to another family?

How best will you handle such type of situation?

The property belongs to him and he can decide who to give it to the court can't compel him on what to do with his properties. The boy should work hard and do more than his father in acquiring more properties
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by sniperr007(m): 3:31am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.

It started long ago when he got married to his first wife(now ex) who had two daughters for him, they were childhood lovers and they lived perfectly.

However trouble started when he got a job in portharcourt and he met this other woman who came for IT , he discovered this woman is from our home town and he got more attracted and decided to keep her as a mistress, but the woman wanted more.

So, the affairs started over there and she was practically living with him while the wife stayed back home. Soon information started reaching his wife about this other woman but the wife always discard such information saying her husband isn't such type of person.

When the same information keeps reaching her, she decided to pay him an impromptu visit and boom she met this other woman there already acting as a wife, she confronted the husband and he told her he intends marrying her as his wife, she got angry and left back to base(home town).

When this other woman came home, she informed this man that she was beaten up by his wife's mother and siblings when she was passing by their house ( it was all lies) and the husband came home and arrested his wife (her 1yr old baby was in the cell with her as well), her mother and all her siblings and further went ahead to marry the other woman.

It was so messy that divorce was the only option they had left, he also forcefully took her two daughters from her and they were now under the care of the new wife. That was how the other woman became his wife and had three children for him( a boy and two girls).

After several years, the children are all grown, he gave them the best training and he endured so much bad behavior from this second wife to save face not until he caught her with charms inside a sack of garri that was sent to her by her mother and that was the last action that led to their separation. He married another woman making it the third one.

The third woman came and couldn't conceive because the second woman made a vow that as long as she remained married to her husband, she'll never bear children. Till today the third woman never had any child but she remained in her marriage childless.

Now, this man has come of age and decided to have a will on all his properties and other possessions. Surprisingly he willed over 90% of his properties and all other possessions to his first two daughters from his first wife leaving his only son from the second wife with only a landed property.

The second wife got hint of this and vow to deal with him by all means. She has sued him to court and involved his kinsmen but this man insists that that's the only compensation he can give to the first wife who never offended him in any way and maintained that he's not going back on his decision.

As at now family and friends are on his neck to have a change of decision considering the fact that his only son is very responsible and does not portray any form of threat or irresponsibility but he's obviously not listening and maintained that nothing can make him change his decision.

Is there sense in willing almost all you posses to a female child who will take such inheritance to another family?

How did the woman know about his will?
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Caseless: 4:19am On Apr 26, 2023
ridwanlawal:
DNA TEST prompted him to do so.
My thought
Gbam! My thought exactly.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by olabest(m): 5:53am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

This Yoruuba film go get part 2...wetung be the title self?
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 26, 2023
olabest:

This Yoruuba film go get part 2...wetung be the title self?
Not everything is film, things happen for real. This one is happening in a close family friend
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by NEFT023: 6:20am On Apr 26, 2023
Go and work for your own money and stop waiting for dad's inheritance.lady asshole
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Crystalom3(m): 6:56am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He gave the son just a landed property in Abuja. He really did him dirty and the son is very responsible.
why punish the innocent son for the wife's bad behavior?

Not right. Not cool at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nyanabo(m): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2023
Let the man take decisions as he see fit. Who is to judge him? He labored for all those properties.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by tosyne2much(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2023
I'm getting confused here

Is will ever read when one is still alive to the extent that it becomes a fight? Something that is meant to be between a man and his lawyer

This story no clear
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2023
tosyne2much:
I'm getting confused here

Is will ever read when one is still alive to the extent that it becomes a fight? Something that is meant to be between a man and his lawyer

This story no clear
Yes, some wills are read when one is still alive if the person wished so . The second wife kept telling the third wife that she's just wasting her time in a family she has no root and that she'll understand better when the man is no more, this is part of what triggered the man to make things right in case of an emergency.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by friendl: 8:03am On Apr 26, 2023
He just will his properties to strangers
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by loadedvibes: 8:31am On Apr 26, 2023
Make the only son go hustle .. abi him dey mad ni ?
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by sterlingD(m): 9:01am On Apr 26, 2023
This man has created a very big mess .He should have reached out to reconcile with the first wife instead of marrying a third wife.

He should have seeded codely and stealthly a significant portion of his assets that is known to him and only him alone to the first wife.Then put the remaining to be held by a trustee till such a time that the condition for it to be released has been met.

As for the second wife going to court or calling kinsmen for meeting will not tilt things to the way she wants it to be tilted. She has messed up and messed up everything.

As it is now l would advised that he get a trusted trustee to handle his will because that second wife will not back down.She will try everything possible to get the will to be be in her favour.

He should rip the will to shreds in the presence of all parties and dead the will matter.Then quickly write a new will codedly and stealthly with a trustee known to him with well stated terms and conditions on how his property will be shared upon his demise. Not only that the content of the will should be sealed and not known to other parties until the appointed time.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by BrutusOj(m): 9:14am On Apr 26, 2023
Tell your boyfriend abi your fiancé to move on. I am sure his father didn't make his wealth via his grandfather' will to him. He should hustle and make money to write his own will as he wishes.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by sharone21(f): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2023
The man's initial intention wasn't to be a divorcee or polygamist and such things could be unforgivable especially when u know who knowingly caused it.

His real sweet heart was his first wife and his irrational action caused his loss 9f her as a wife and she being too much in love with him did not remarry.... There are some women like late Abiola's wife who when asked if they plan to remarry ( after the death of Abiola, in this case), she asked if it is easy to marry two KINGS in one's life time...

The man deep inside knew his heir would have come from the first wife NOT from the 2nd one who he later uncovered as the schemer and fetish ruiner in the family, so giving HER son a landed property to him is enough.

The 3rd wife is more like a consolation wife for him, a kind of replacement for the first wife and I believe he loves her. I won't be surprised if while they were having discussion about the evils of the 2nd wife the man revealed some contents of the will to the 3rd wife, though any highest bidder can get a Lawyer to your side if a Lawyer isn't too principles based.... I wonder why he didn't take back his first wife after divorcing the 2nd one? Sometimes pride in men stops them from doing the right thing or he may feel some other men may have slept with her even if she doesn't have re-marriage as partof her plan with the men.

If na abroad, all these he is trying to divide would have since been given to the first wife and kids, so the first wife REALLY had long suffering

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by girlygirlyMain: 9:34am On Apr 26, 2023
Then she will be dead and it will happen regardless!
If the girls are already in charge the properties might already be in their name...
Will she kill the 2 daughters now?
Does she think the first wife will watch that happen?
Shey na only her get vagina or charms? Lmao

IyaebeTheGreat:
The second wife vowed to deal with him. She said not on her life will such happen under her eyes
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by ekitimanalways(m): 9:45am On Apr 26, 2023
jedaii:
The man's will must stand. That's why it's called will. If you don't like it go to court.

She must have evidence to back up her claims, not just a hunch, suspicion, or sense of unfairness. Contesting a will is not cheap, and requires a solid argument. Vague feelings of unfairness won’t work before a judge.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by DMerciful(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2023
If he has trained the son, that's the only thing he owes him, others are bonus!

What about sons from poor home?
IyaebeTheGreat:

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by timitayo77: 10:26am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
The third wife used it against the second wife in one of their altercations and she did her own findings and found out to be true. The daughters have already taken charge of some of the properties,so it's not hidden

I pity the inocent son in all of these. But culture can be a determining factor here, depending on where this second wife comes from.

Where is she from?.

Lastly, here threats should not be taken lightly.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by eepeepook: 10:31am On Apr 26, 2023
Na court go resolve the matter.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Aklee4994(m): 11:36am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
But it's not fair to the son, he didn't ask his mother to be evil
but it seems you want to attack or troll 😈 anyone who is ready to take side of the only son about the man judgement on his mom...you’re too desperate don’t come for my head am a troubleshooter.
Na who no read to comprehend go come tell you otherwise✅

Note:Men in this forum are logical...we are likely to pay for our parent bad deed and same as favors from them to anyone.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 26, 2023
Aklee4994:
but it seems you want to attack or troll 😈 anyone who is ready to take side of the only son about the man judgement on his mom...you’re too desperate don’t come for my head am a troubleshooter.
Na who no read to comprehend go come tell you otherwise✅

Note:Men in this forum are logical...we are likely to pay for our parent bad deed and same as favors from them to anyone.
I'm coming for your head like this

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Aklee4994(m): 11:49am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I'm coming for your head like this
you go like trouble for real life
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by texazzpete(m): 11:51am On Apr 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

This is the silliest part of your writeup, and it’s the way clowns have worked to disenfranchise daughters for ages.
Let the man dispose of his property any way he sees fit. Thank God he has the sense not to listen to locusts
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 26, 2023
Aklee4994:
you go like trouble for real life
You think so? But I'm still coming for your head

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by sweetgala(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
jedaii:
The man's will must stand. That's why it's called will. If you don't like it go to court.

You can't even go to court to change a man's will. It's his decision to make and he's made it rather clearly in good mind without intimidation coercion
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by IMASTEX: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2023
jedaii:
They don't need court. If they don't like it, then make your own money.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by obontami: 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2023
Tales by moonlight.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Emmanuel909090: 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
Speechless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me / Woman In Tears As She Reunites With Mentally Challenged Son Who Went Missing (vi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.