Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son (36558 Views)

Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix) / Trending Video Of Nigerian Dad Being Made Up By His Daughters / Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Hectroy(m): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
It's good the guy is calm, I'm sure he'll benefit from the half sister's goodwill. If not, the Dad's influence should pave ways for him in terms of connections afterall inheritance does not guarantee wealth.
My concern is a will supposed to be a confidential arrangement/ activity between the lawyer and the client. The leakage though.
IyaebeTheGreat:
I swear, but I'm feeling for the son. He's not even making any trouble about his father's decisions. He's a calm gentle man

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by reiddecuti: 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
Wayward son!
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Sammy5413(m): 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
When you have sons like Speed Darlington, it's best you will your assets to your daughters

3 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Hectroy(m): 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hectroy:

If he's a good the guy as claimed, I'm sure he'll benefit from the half sister's goodwill. If not, the Dad's influence should pave ways for him in terms of connections afterall inheritance does not guarantee wealth.
My concern is the will's leakage. This is supposed to be a confidential arrangement/ activity between the lawyer and the client.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by GloriousGbola: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
I was under the impression a will is not revealed until after you pass on for this exact reason.

Or am I missing something?
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hectroy:
It's good the guy is calm, I'm sure he'll benefit from the half sister's goodwill. If not, the Dad's influence should pave ways for him in terms of connections afterall inheritance does not guarantee wealth.
My concern is a will supposed to be a confidential arrangement/ activity between the lawyer and the client. The leakage though.
The daughters have already taken charge and running things, it's an open secret. He did this on purpose because as I heard, the second wife always remind the third wife that's she's just wasting her time in a family she has no root that she'll understand better when the man is no more.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Blackdisciple(m): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hmmm strong ooo...
His will, his decisions
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by uhuns: 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
Maybe dad knows something about DNA and was advised not trouble shoot.
Consequences of keeping quite.

quote author=IyaebeTheGreat post=122738797]My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by davillian(m): 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
jedaii:
The man's will must stand. That's why it's called will. If you don't like it go to court.
There is no going to court on this matter.
The man's will would be done.....

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Luckysbab: 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I swear, but I'm feeling for the son. He's not even making any trouble about his father's decisions. He's a calm gentle man

So what exactly is this ofofo about?
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Itisallright: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2023
What the man can see from seating, most of you guys can't see it while standing
IyaebeTheGreat:
My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.

It started long ago when he got married to his first wife(now ex) who had two daughters for him, they were childhood lovers and they lived perfectly.

However trouble started when he got a job in portharcourt and he met this other woman who came for IT , he discovered this woman is from our home town and he got more attracted and decided to keep her as a mistress, but the woman wanted more.

So, the affairs started over there and she was practically living with him while the wife stayed back home. Soon information started reaching his wife about this other woman but the wife always discard such information saying her husband isn't such type of person.

When the same information keeps reaching her, she decided to pay him an impromptu visit and boom she met this other woman there already acting as a wife, she confronted the husband and he told her he intends marrying her as his wife, she got angry and left back to base(home town).

When this other woman came home, she informed this man that she was beaten up by his wife's mother and siblings when she was passing by their house ( it was all lies) and the husband came home and arrested his wife (her 1yr old baby was in the cell with her as well), her mother and all her siblings and further went ahead to marry the other woman.

It was so messy that divorce was the only option they had left, he also forcefully took her two daughters from her and they were now under the care of the new wife. That was how the other woman became his wife and had three children for him( a boy and two girls).

After several years, the children are all grown, he gave them the best training and he endured so much bad behavior from this second wife to save face not until he caught her with charms inside a sack of garri that was sent to her by her mother and that was the last action that led to their separation. He married another woman making it the third one.

The third woman came and couldn't conceive because the second woman made a vow that as long as she remained married to her husband, she'll never bear children. Till today the third woman never had any child but she remained in her marriage childless.

Now, this man has come of age and decided to have a will on all his properties and other possessions. Surprisingly he willed over 90% of his properties and all other possessions to his first two daughters from his first wife leaving his only son from the second wife with only a landed property.

The second wife got hint of this and vow to deal with him by all means. She has sued him to court and involved his kinsmen but this man insists that that's the only compensation he can give to the first wife who never offended him in any way and maintained that he's not going back on his decision.

As at now family and friends are on his neck to have a change of decision considering the fact that his only son is very responsible and does not portray any form of threat or irresponsibility but he's obviously not listening and maintained that nothing can make him change his decision.

Please is he right with such drastic decision?

Is there sense in willing almost all you posses to a female child who will take such inheritance to another family?

How best will you handle such type of situation?
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by mauchiz: 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
jedaii:
The man's will must stand. That's why it's called will. If you don't like it go to court.

You people think the man is mumu,
Charm has expiring date.
I support that man 100%,that second wife children are from a home breaker.
If am that man,i will not give him anything,but because he is innocent of his mothers crime,that is why he gave him land.
That man has sense very well.

By right is women they are supposed to will properties to,because they are fragile,men are strong,they should work and earn a living.
His son has been trained,what is he looking for property.
They should change tradition,is women that should be inheriting properties like daughters of Zelophad.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
All these imaginary stories of an introvert, minimise how often you press your phone, so you can have a social life offline.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by PoliteActivist: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
IrawoKross:
No coma, just jam packed everything.
Copy and paste

Who coma epp? S'long as u get the tory
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by bitbillionaire: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
The man had good intention. But he still acted unwisely.

He should have shared the properties equally among the children so that none of the children will feel cheated but the lion share of his properties suppose to go to the first wife personally to compensate her for the pains he inflicted on her. That way if the devilish second wife wants to die she can go and die.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.

It started long ago when he got married to his first wife(now ex) who had two daughters for him, they were childhood lovers and they lived perfectly.

However trouble started when he got a job in portharcourt and he met this other woman who came for IT , he discovered this woman is from our home town and he got more attracted and decided to keep her as a mistress, but the woman wanted more.

So, the affairs started over there and she was practically living with him while the wife stayed back home. Soon information started reaching his wife about this other woman but the wife always discard such information saying her husband isn't such type of person.

When the same information keeps reaching her, she decided to pay him an impromptu visit and boom she met this other woman there already acting as a wife, she confronted the husband and he told her he intends marrying her as his wife, she got angry and left back to base(home town).

When this other woman came home, she informed this man that she was beaten up by his wife's mother and siblings when she was passing by their house ( it was all lies) and the husband came home and arrested his wife (her 1yr old baby was in the cell with her as well), her mother and all her siblings and further went ahead to marry the other woman.

It was so messy that divorce was the only option they had left, he also forcefully took her two daughters from her and they were now under the care of the new wife. That was how the other woman became his wife and had three children for him( a boy and two girls).

After several years, the children are all grown, he gave them the best training and he endured so much bad behavior from this second wife to save face not until he caught her with charms inside a sack of garri that was sent to her by her mother and that was the last action that led to their separation. He married another woman making it the third one.

The third woman came and couldn't conceive because the second woman made a vow that as long as she remained married to her husband, she'll never bear children. Till today the third woman never had any child but she remained in her marriage childless.

Now, this man has come of age and decided to have a will on all his properties and other possessions. Surprisingly he willed over 90% of his properties and all other possessions to his first two daughters from his first wife leaving his only son from the second wife with only a landed property.

The second wife got hint of this and vow to deal with him by all means. She has sued him to court and involved his kinsmen but this man insists that that's the only compensation he can give to the first wife who never offended him in any way and maintained that he's not going back on his decision.

As at now family and friends are on his neck to have a change of decision considering the fact that his only son is very responsible and does not portray any form of threat or irresponsibility but he's obviously not listening and maintained that nothing can make him change his decision.

Is there sense in willing almost all you posses to a female child who will take such inheritance to another family?

It’s a super storyyyyy….. a life of strife and sorrowssssss
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Is it fair on the son considering the fact that he's a very responsible child and isn't responsible for his mother's behaviour
make he use the anger go hustle.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Lukuluku69(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

He is Muslim or Christian?

If Muslim, he can't

If Christian, I don't know.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by casualobserver: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
I didn’t read the whole story because it is too long but the bottom line is this: The man has willed his estate to whom he felt he wants to inherit them. Whether it is right or wrong is not not for you or anyone to decide because it is not their property to determine where it goes. The person who owned the property has decided who he wants to inherit them. End of story.

You don’t know hat happened during his life that he kept quiet about you know we men can know stuff and take crap and keep quiet for peace while we are alive…who knows maybe the son is not his or the son did things you don’t know about.

Bottom line it is his property to give as he deems for, that’s the essence of a will.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Neddyogu(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
It’s his will and wish. Not subject to anybody’s feelings. I support that man with two white rams, 20litres of ojukwu Palm oil and 4 yards of red cloth. Not forgetting Nzu Ocha.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He gave the son just a landed property in Abuja. He really did him dirty and the son is very responsible.

"The son is very responsible", is what outsiders see... Nobody knows what goes on INSIDE the house... Na the man know wetin him see wey make am take the decision

Many people look very responsible once they step out of their houses and you can bet your left balls on their being responsible, whereas their immediate family members know how useless they are
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Ubanz: 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
So what's your problem if ur Dad's friend's daughter deserves it
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by ghettochild(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I guess he understands n has put himself in his father's shoes.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by xammy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

If they dont produce video evidence of the man reading his WILL, the other parties should sue

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by histemple: 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
The story is a little incredulous.

How did she see or know about the will?

No reasonable person allows a non beneficiary to his will to access it.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
This is a case of power pass power.
Meanwhile, I feel some things are left out in this story. For why would a father belittle, embarrassed and cheat his own son? Something is missing in this story... it's not adding up cos I don't see how else he would make such judgement.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Passionate1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
Respect women bro ! I guess he made d right choice. .
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by austinofo(m): 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Is it fair on the son considering the fact that he's a very responsible child and isn't responsible for his mother's behaviour
You must be that only son of the man. I really feel for you bro. But as a man, you've got the potential to do more than your dad. Since you claim to be responsible, then go ahead and achieve same great things as your dad or even better things.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by frozen70(f): 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

You guys forgot that the first wife was his success story until the second wife snatched him from her

The second wife lied against the first wife and he married her forgetting that karma has more memories than we humans

So he has decided to compensate the first wife through her children, he has done that favor for the first wife but on her children's name

So let it be, he has decided it the way he wants and nothing can make him change

In another words the first wife git her own share from what she laboured with him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
Killbillz:
This is a case of power pass power.
Meanwhile, I feel some things are left out in this story. For why would a father belittle, embarrassed and cheat his own son? Something is missing in this story... it's not adding up cos I don't see how else he would make such judgement.
I already responded to this somewhere. The second woman keeps reminding the third wife that she's wasting her time in a family she has no root and that she'll understand better when the husband is no more. My popsy bosom friend ooo, I know everything happening
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Ashirioluwa: 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Nice script…….. another nollywoord movie loading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman In Tears As She Reunites With Mentally Challenged Son Who Went Missing (vi / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me / Mubarak Sanyaolu: Parents Of Lagos Boy Killed By Stray Bullet Welcome Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.