Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son (36498 Views)

Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix) / Trending Video Of Nigerian Dad Being Made Up By His Daughters / Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by gaddafe(m): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Is it fair on the son considering the fact that he's a very responsible child and isn't responsible for his mother's behaviour

If he's really responsible the first wife daughters will assist him when he faces difficulty. This is non debatable, the man's will must stand.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by SunMusk(m): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hahaha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha. So the man that can't control his penis is blaming another person for what happened to his family, this is laughable to think d man didn't have a hand in what happened to his family. He is just depriving the boy of inheritance with his silly excuses. Let him do proper sharing, simple. And let him go and beg his first wife of forgiveness.
MrBrownJay1:

i dont think it is that harsh...i would have probably taken the exact same decision... and explain fully to my son why i took such decision.

- aka due to his mothers evil actions, my daughters were deprived of the presence of their mother in their lives and/or in our family
- aka due to his mother evil actions, my ex wife was deprived of raising her own daughters
- aka due to his mothers evil action, my ex wife and her family were locked up.

just because he is the only boy of the family, does NOT make it any different regarding what happened in the past.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by simfrost90210: 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
MasterJayJay:
What will the son inherit from his mother?

grin grin juju equipments nah

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by onlyboyson(m): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2023
His son's are bandits, lazy Nigeria youth , gamblers , and many other evil doing pikins
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by AKWATGOLD1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
I stand with the man decision. The landed property given to second wife son is okay if the guy work hard very well, hw will prosper.
IyaebeTheGreat:
My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.

It started long ago when he got married to his first wife(now ex) who had two daughters for him, they were childhood lovers and they lived perfectly.

However trouble started when he got a job in portharcourt and he met this other woman who came for IT , he discovered this woman is from our home town and he got more attracted and decided to keep her as a mistress, but the woman wanted more.

So, the affairs started over there and she was practically living with him while the wife stayed back home. Soon information started reaching his wife about this other woman but the wife always discard such information saying her husband isn't such type of person.

When the same information keeps reaching her, she decided to pay him an impromptu visit and boom she met this other woman there already acting as a wife, she confronted the husband and he told her he intends marrying her as his wife, she got angry and left back to base(home town).

When this other woman came home, she informed this man that she was beaten up by his wife's mother and siblings when she was passing by their house ( it was all lies) and the husband came home and arrested his wife (her 1yr old baby was in the cell with her as well), her mother and all her siblings and further went ahead to marry the other woman.

It was so messy that divorce was the only option they had left, he also forcefully took her two daughters from her and they were now under the care of the new wife. That was how the other woman became his wife and had three children for him( a boy and two girls).

After several years, the children are all grown, he gave them the best training and he endured so much bad behavior from this second wife to save face not until he caught her with charms inside a sack of garri that was sent to her by her mother and that was the last action that led to their separation. He married another woman making it the third one.

The third woman came and couldn't conceive because the second woman made a vow that as long as she remained married to her husband, she'll never bear children. Till today the third woman never had any child but she remained in her marriage childless.

Now, this man has come of age and decided to have a will on all his properties and other possessions. Surprisingly he willed over 90% of his properties and all other possessions to his first two daughters from his first wife leaving his only son from the second wife with only a landed property.

The second wife got hint of this and vow to deal with him by all means. She has sued him to court and involved his kinsmen but this man insists that that's the only compensation he can give to the first wife who never offended him in any way and maintained that he's not going back on his decision.

As at now family and friends are on his neck to have a change of decision considering the fact that his only son is very responsible and does not portray any form of threat or irresponsibility but he's obviously not listening and maintained that nothing can make him change his decision.

Please is he right with such drastic decision?

Is there sense in willing almost all you posses to a female child who will take such inheritance to another family?

How best will you handle such type of situation?

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Brownshoe: 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
Go work leave inheritance

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by LordEclipse: 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
There's NOTHING that can be done about that. Perhaps she was the only one that looked after the poor man on his dying bed.. Well deserved if you ask me..a worker deserves his/her wage

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by dododawa1: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
Did d son play BET?
Did d son legitimate?
Did son believed in God.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
simfrost90210:

But seriously, he has the right to make his decisions and he might feel that the voodoo queen, his 2nd wife, must have jinxed him into having her as the 2nd wife ... It's probable..
Yes, he admitted to not knowing how he ended up with the second wife.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by ForSaleGuru: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
Here's how to be richer than dangote

Learn the secret https://m.wikibit.com/en/?client=MM136
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by yaki84: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
My Dad's friend and his family are in a mess now as the second wife (now ex) sued him over willing more than 90% of his properties and other valuable possessions to his first and second daughter.

It started long ago when he got married to his first wife(now ex) who had two daughters for him, they were childhood lovers and they lived perfectly.

However trouble started when he got a job in portharcourt and he met this other woman who came for IT , he discovered this woman is from our home town and he got more attracted and decided to keep her as a mistress, but the woman wanted more.

So, the affairs started over there and she was practically living with him while the wife stayed back home. Soon information started reaching his wife about this other woman but the wife always discard such information saying her husband isn't such type of person.

When the same information keeps reaching her, she decided to pay him an impromptu visit and boom she met this other woman there already acting as a wife, she confronted the husband and he told her he intends marrying her as his wife, she got angry and left back to base(home town).

When this other woman came home, she informed this man that she was beaten up by his wife's mother and siblings when she was passing by their house ( it was all lies) and the husband came home and arrested his wife (her 1yr old baby was in the cell with her as well), her mother and all her siblings and further went ahead to marry the other woman.

It was so messy that divorce was the only option they had left, he also forcefully took her two daughters from her and they were now under the care of the new wife. That was how the other woman became his wife and had three children for him( a boy and two girls).

After several years, the children are all grown, he gave them the best training and he endured so much bad behavior from this second wife to save face not until he caught her with charms inside a sack of garri that was sent to her by her mother and that was the last action that led to their separation. He married another woman making it the third one.

The third woman came and couldn't conceive because the second woman made a vow that as long as she remained married to her husband, she'll never bear children. Till today the third woman never had any child but she remained in her marriage childless.

Now, this man has come of age and decided to have a will on all his properties and other possessions. Surprisingly he willed over 90% of his properties and all other possessions to his first two daughters from his first wife leaving his only son from the second wife with only a landed property.

The second wife got hint of this and vow to deal with him by all means. She has sued him to court and involved his kinsmen but this man insists that that's the only compensation he can give to the first wife who never offended him in any way and maintained that he's not going back on his decision.

As at now family and friends are on his neck to have a change of decision considering the fact that his only son is very responsible and does not portray any form of threat or irresponsibility but he's obviously not listening and maintained that nothing can make him change his decision.

Is there sense in willing almost all you posses to a female child who will take such inheritance to another family?

If i may ask, how the thing take concern u?
R u not aware that the child will inherit the evil his or her parents did?

The boy will have to suffer the evilhis mum did to another woman cos of her wickedness and demonic acts.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by correctguy101(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
ridwanlawal:
DNA TEST prompted him to do so.
My thought

Ah Mr Ridwanlawal. The script didn't say so o.

The film, say the uncle just felt he wronged the first wife, so he had to once again expose the first wife and her daughters to the fetish and diabolical abilities of the second wife. undecided shocked grin

I'm sure there's part 2. grin
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by mechanics(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
jedaii:
The man's will must stand. That's why it's called will. If you don't like it go to court.
hahhaha
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Badgers14: 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
jedaii:
The man's will must stand. That's why it's called will. If you don't like it go to court.

Not even the court can change it..

Not even the kinsmen can change it (at least in my hometown tradition).

It is what it is. !!!

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
OluwaEbuka1:

How did the first wife knew about the content of the Will? Forget what you see on Nollywood movies, the content of a Will is secret and is meant to be in a safe custody such as the vault of his lawyer.

Haven said that, it is good the man is still alive. He can gift those properties to his two daughters now that he is alive as a GIFT. If the man pass on, enforcing that Will maybe very difficult because the 2nd wife and her kids may start claiming that he lacked mental capacity to make will or he was coerced in making that Will. Na 30 years case be that in Nigerian courts.

However, if he gift those properties to those girls now and they enter possession, when he died (or even while alive), it will be defficult for the 2nd wife to go for those properties.

Lastly, what about the 3rd wife? Wetin she do am wey em no wan give her anything?
It's not a secret as the daughters have already taken charge of most of the properties willed to them, the third wife used it against the second wife in one of their altercations. He gave a house to the third wife and also build a house for her parents plus a plaza.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by simfrost90210: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Yes, he admitted to not knowing how he ended up with the second wife.

Then, that's the major reason why he cant change his mind from what he willed to his first two daughters no matter what anyone says, even the court cant make him alter it..

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by qtguru(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Is it fair on the son considering the fact that he's a very responsible child and isn't responsible for his mother's behaviour

Sins of the parents fall on the children automatically.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Iwin2: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Really? Why are most of you not sympathetic with the innocent son? It was all his father's mistake and not him. Why should he share in the punishment

Without sounding immodest, you viewed the father's decision as hash on the son
What if he decides not to give him anything?
If that is his attonement for his perceived wrong to the first wife for him to have a clear conscience, I think so be it
That is his family affairs, we shouldn't cry more than the bereived

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by yemmit90: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

There is more to this than what you guys are seeing. Are the other children not his?

It is very irrational of a man to be partial in dealing with his children especially if they are responsible ones. Except the other children are not his, I don't see any rationale behind giving 90% of his properties to one side. No matter how bad the 2nd wife was, she will have her good moments and memories with him as well. The third wife too deserves something from his properties. As an elder, you don't create future problem for your children because of your selfish interests. This single act of his can resulted into anything unimaginable after his death.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by mechanics(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
His case is unfortunate, that's why it's not always palatable when one leaves his first wife to marry another one, he thought the second wife will be better than the first, but he was wrong, so to compensate the first wife, he had to will his inheritance to his daughters from the first wife, that's choice, won't blame him for that.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by simfrost90210: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
It's not a secret as the daughters have already taken charge of most of the properties willed to them, the third wife used it against the second wife in one of their altercations. He gave a house to the third wife and also build a house for her parents plus a plaza.

This is beautiful.. eiyaaaa cry

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by biggz82: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
That's because the dauther is more useful than the son, he knows after his death the son will waste all he worked for but the dauther will manage things properly.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Badgers14: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

It is not the matter of the son being responsible or not.. he could be daddy GO of mountain of fire, it doesn't matter.

Will is will, will is an intention of a person. As long as it was made in clear conscience as evidenced by OP's story, not even Supreme Court or the king of thier hometown can override it!!

I have seen people that willed thier properties to someone that is not their family member even tho they have kids ( the kids abandoned him and a stranger took care of him, the kids didn't know thier father had that much properties)

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
yemmit90:

There is more to this than what you guys are seeing. Are the other children not his?

It is very irrational of a man to be partial in dealing with his children especially if they are responsible ones. Except the other children are not his, I don't see any rationale behind giving 90% of his properties to one side. No matter how bad the 2nd wife was, she will have her good moments and memories with him as well. The third wife too deserves something from his properties. As an elder, you don't create future problem for your children because of your selfish interests. This single act of his can resulted into anything unimaginable after his death.
No case of paternity fraud, they are all his children. The third wife was settled and she's ok with it. She's even happy and strongly supporting her husband's decision because she has been at war with the second wife. You last statement is the advise people are giving him so he can have a change of heart but he said he won't go back on his decision.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by simfrost90210: 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Really? Why are most of you not sympathetic with the innocent son? It was all his father's mistake and not him. Why should he share in the punishment

grin grin grin
.., neither the boy nor his dad is at fault, my sister, it's the boy's voodoo mother who jinxed his father and the father knows that enriching the boy is enriching his mother and so, he's indirectly punishing the boy's mum, not him

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by seguno2: 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

This is the kind of fake stories that Tinubu followers are used to.

How did they know what he wrote in his Will?
Why not will things to the two daughters he had with the second wife, if he wills something to the son from her?
And that locking up the first wife with one year old baby plus all her family is just BS.
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by Bahamas95(m): 5:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
Some parents are terrible, always causing disunity among children because of selfish and stupid reasons.

Nor be everybody like to make noise, wetin dat boy go do later fit dey him mind......Fear quiet people.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by CrownLands(m): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
His family should let his WILL stand.
I support his stance.

1 Like

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
SunMusk:
Hahaha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha. So the man that can't control his penis is blaming another person for what happened to his family

what happened to his family has nothing to do with control of pen1s and all to do with having an evil 2nd wife (but yes, the man has an equal part of the blame to take in this issue)

this is laughable to think d man didn't have a hand in what happened to his family. He is just depriving the boy of inheritance with his silly excuses. Let him do proper sharing, simple. And let him go and beg his first wife of forgiveness.

i never said this man didnt have a blame in this story, i said;" he wants to right a wrong" and he has ALL THE RIGHTS TO DO SO

children who think that their fathers property is automatically theirs are daydreaming. a father has all the rights to donate all his wealth to the neighbors maid (if thats what he desires), who are we to dictate who a man should hand his properties/wealth to?!
some men out there know that their kids would waste their inherited wealth away, and therefore dont give their wealth to thier yeye children, is that a crime?! each man to himself!
Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by scobaba: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
How did the will leak. It's rare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Friend Willed 90% Of His Properties To His Daughters And Not His Son by ogunsbanjul(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
That's the best way to go and if I may ask what's your own business with another family affair ? You better face your own life

IyaebeTheGreat:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Banimore Accuses Wife Of Having Romance With Senior Pastor In Ibadan / Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. / NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.