Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? (13855 Views)

Can Someone Explain The Message That Jesus Wants To Pass In Luke 22 :36 / Another Luke 16 Controversy : Was Lazarus Even Buried? / The Event Between Satan And Christ: What Readers Do Not Understand In Luke 4:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by johnw47: 11:58pm On May 14, 2023
continued

Pro 8:22  "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old. 
Pro 8:23  "From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth. 
Pro 8:24  "When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no springs abounding with water.

verse 22 "qanah" can mean created and can mean possessed, God did not create Wisdom for it would mean that God didn't have wisdom before then, so God posessed Wisdom
verse 24 "chul" is described similar to giving birth, so God who is a Spirit bought forth wisdom/the Word out of himself, bought forth part of his Spirit

God and the word is that same one Spirit that is God.
and the Word was God, john 1:1

God is greater than His Word, i am greater than my word, but my word is part of me, as is God's
of course i cannot make my word become a person, a son, but God can and did
Wisdom always existed in God

to create means to make something out of nothing or from matter which is not a part of the Creator
whereas, "begotten" is to give existence to a being from the being of the one who beget

the Word is not created but is brought forth from God, begotten of God, part of the one and the same Spirit that is God
God's Word/Wisdom always existed in God, and was bought forth and became the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

Christians worship God, and the Lord Jesus who died for them, the lost don't

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:59am On May 15, 2023
Ken4Christ:

What about the everlasting fire he mentioned? What other phrase can you use to replace it?
He also used the phrase, furnace of fire.
Suffer de sweet you. You go cry tire.

You keep telling yourself a lie blindly instead of finding out what Jesus taught in his mother's language. It's like someone speaking to his own people using idioms and proverbs familiar to his listeners then a stranger tries to interpret only to end up giving a totally different picture of what the original speaker wanted to inculcate in the minds of his listeners.
Well continue dreaming about your torment after death at least the true God has declared that tormenting people in fire has never come up to His heart {Jeremiah 7:31} perhaps you can force it down His throat since that is what your own religion teaches! smiley
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Ken4Christ: 8:29am On May 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You keep telling yourself a lie blindly instead of finding out what Jesus taught in his mother's language. It's like someone speaking to his own people using idioms and proverbs familiar to his listeners then a stranger tries to interpret only to end up giving a totally different picture of what the original speaker wanted to inculcate in the minds of his listeners.
Well continue dreaming about your torment after death at least the true God has declared that tormenting people in fire has never come up to His heart {Jeremiah 7:31} perhaps you can force it down His throat since that is what your own religion teaches! smiley

See what Rutherford and Russell has done ooo. Taking countless millions to hell through brainwashing.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 8:37am On May 15, 2023
Janosky:

Whereas your fellow Trinitarians OLAADEGBU, Emusan continue to give a totally different conflicting report they received from your holy ghost. grin grin grin

Their own Jesus was raised as a human being. Them go quote Matt Slick tire, their super Daddy.
grin grin grin grin

You were asked a very vital question, as usual you couldn't answer but to be dancing around like headless chicken.

When will you receive sense?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 8:44am On May 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

"They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind." Jer 7:31

But the same God rained down fire on Sodom and Gomarrah. You think the fire won't torment the people before destroying them grin grin grin

Definitely you don't understand the content of that Jer 7:31

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:44am On May 15, 2023
God killed those in Noah's days with a flood, killed the firstborn in Egypt, killed Egyptian soldiers in the red sea, killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers.
None says He was TORMENTING the living but destroyed them!

Emusan:

"They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind." Jer 7:31
But the same God rained down fire on Sodom and Gomarrah. You think the fire won't torment the people before destroying them grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:44am On May 15, 2023
Ken4Christ:

See what Rutherford and Russell has done ooo. Taking countless millions to hell through brainwashing.

Hell means Grave! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 10:07am On May 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
God killed those in Noah's days with a flood, killed the firstborn in Egypt, killed Egyptian soldiers in the red sea, killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers.
None says He was TORMENTING the living but destroyed them!

So your Jer 7:31 doesn't apply here then.

because no where in Jer 7:31 that says God won't torment people with fire.

But here is a direct statement from Jesus about torment with fire.

Matthew 13:50 "and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Was Jesus talking about the living or non existence being?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Janosky: 11:39am On May 15, 2023
Emusan:

because no where in Jer 7:31 that says God won't torment people with fire.

But here is a direct statement from Jesus about torment with fire.

Matthew 13:50 "and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

When Emusan is thrown into the burning furnace, will Emusan gnash his teeth forever?

When king Nebuchadnezzar's servants where thrown into the burning furnace (meant for Abednego & friends) are those servants gnashing their teeth today?

Emusan,What did fire do to those servants?

Hellfire scam robbed your brain. grin
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Janosky: 11:43am On May 15, 2023
Emusan:

Fire destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

The city/ people no more exist, burnt to ashes, they did not experience everlasting torture.
Emusan, can you now RECEIVE SENSE?
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2023
Emusan:

because no where in Jer 7:31 that says God won't torment people with fire. But here is a direct statement from Jesus about torment with fire.

There's nowhere in the Old Testament that say those destroyed are somewhere being tormented after death so Jesus was teaching in parables. At death the body (bones) of the dead routine in the grave so they can't possibly gnash teeth (bone)

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Janosky: 11:46am On May 15, 2023
Emusan:

You were asked a very vital question, as usual you couldn't answer but to be dancing around like headless chicken.

When will you receive sense?

MUMU ,empty RANT.
Dundee, only your brain dey see chicken for Nairaland.
grin
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2023
Janosky:
When Emusan is thrown into the burning furnace, will Emusan gnash his teeth forever?

Of course Emusan can't be part of that because he is born of God, the people the place suitable for are people like you and your lie lie jws.

When king Nebuchadnezzar's servants where thrown into the burning furnace (meant for Abednego & friends) are those servants gnashing their teeth today?

Were you inside with them to know they didn't gnashing their teeth?

Emusan,What did fire do to those servants?

The fire dressed them as king.

Hellfire scam robbed your brain. grin

Remember, you're the one who donated your brain for the lying 8 old men.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2023
Janosky:
Fire destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

The city/ people no more exist, burnt to ashes, they did not experience everlasting torture.
Emusan, can you now RECEIVE SENSE?

Mr no sense has started again.

But the same God rained down fire on Sodom and Gomarrah.

How hard is it for you nuthead to understand that?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 12:00pm On May 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
There's nowhere in the Old Testament that say those destroyed are somewhere being tormented after death

But my point is God used fire on people

So why do you think the same God can't torment people with fire?

so Jesus was teaching in parables.

Of course the only twisting of jws, if it's not parable it will be figurative grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

At death the body (bones) of the dead routine in the grave so they can't possibly gnash teeth (bone)

You know more than Jesus
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 12:01pm On May 15, 2023
Janosky:

MUMU ,empty RANT.
Dundee, only your brain dey see chicken for Nairaland.
grin

Brain dead Janosense at it again.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Janosky: 12:08pm On May 15, 2023
Emusan:

Of course Emusan can't be part of that because he is born of God, the people the place suitable for are people like you and your lie lie jws.
John 3:16, Jesus Christ see's everlasting life for JWs and destruction for evildoers but Emusan see's perpetual torture.
Emusan sadist.
Kai !!!!grin grin

Emusan:

Were you inside with them to know they didn't gnashing their teeth?
Emusan Were you inside with them to know they gnashing their teeth till today?

Emusan,I thought God gave you brain but there is no evidence you have one. grin grin

Emusan:

The fire dressed them as king.

Remember, you're the one who donated your brain for the lying 8 old men.

Empty RANTS of a deluded WAILER ;
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:10pm On May 15, 2023
Emusan:

But my point is God used fire on people
So why do you think the same God can't torment people with fire?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa He destroyed that city not just humans that's what He meant @ Jeremiah 7:31. He said tormenting humans (alive) in fire has not come into His heart. The inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed along with all their properties, farmlands and domestic animals. So thinking God will now sustain humans in torment after death has destroyed their bodies is unscriptural! smiley
Emusan:

Of course the only twisting of jws, if it's not parable it will be figurative grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
You know more than Jesus

If Jesus say he never came to condemn the prophets then i can't believe that what he said there is literal since no prophet has ever taught that the dead can experience anything! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2023
Janosky:
John 3:16, Jesus Christ see's everlasting life for JWs and destruction for evildoers but Emusan see's perpetual torture.
Emusan sadist.
Kai !!!!grin grin

So John 3:16 is for jws cheesy grin cheesy grin

Emusan Were you inside with them to know they gnashing their teeth till today?

Jesus who knows more than you says you and your cohort will be inside furnace of fire with gnashing teeth cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Emusan,I thought God gave you brain but there is no evidence you have one. grin grin

For me to be replying shows I have brain but you forgot yours with those lying 8 men.

Empty RANTS of a deluded WAILER ;

Take your pain reliever Janosense.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa He destroyed that city not just humans that's what He meant @ Jeremiah 7:31.

Olodo....
Jer 7:13 is about sacrificing human on altar

But God used fire to do that.

He said tormenting humans (alive) in fire has not come into His heart.

So the people burnt to death won't be torment before they got burnt to ashes cheesy grin grin

The inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed along with all their properties, farmlands and domestic animals. So thinking God will now sustain humans in torment after death has destroyed their bodies is unscriptural! smiley

As usual you lack simple comprehension.

Your initial point is that God can't torment people forever with fire but if God can use fire to destroyed a whole city, why can't God torment people with it?

That's where you left your brain.

If Jesus say he never came to condemn the prophets then i can't believe that what he said there is literal since no prophet has ever taught that the dead can experience anything! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 smiley

To condemned is different from enlighten.

Jesus elaborates more on Moses teachings.
Jesus clarified issues with old prophets teachings.

So you don't know what you're saying.

Besides, Eccl 9:5-10 is against you but I know you'll still change mouth.

Eccl 9:5 "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten."

1. The dead has no further reward but you believe after you died Jehovah will reward you.
2. Their names are forgotten but you believe those who died and will be resurrected their names are in Jehovah memory. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Which side are you?
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Ken4Christ: 3:36pm On May 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Hell means Grave! smiley

The brainwashing has no comparison.

Everlasting fire also means grave?

Furnace of fire also means grave?

See how Rutherford and Russell has destroyed your sense of reasoning.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48pm On May 15, 2023
Emusan:

Olodo....
Jer 7:13 is about sacrificing human on altar
But God used fire to do that.
So the people burnt to death won't be torment before they got burnt to ashes cheesy grin grin
As usual you lack simple comprehension.
Your initial point is that God can't torment people forever with fire but if God can use fire to destroyed a whole city, why can't God torment people with it?
That's where you left your brain.
To condemned is different from enlighten.
Jesus elaborates more on Moses teachings.
Jesus clarified issues with old prophets teachings.

God has a program and that is for OBEDIENT humans to enjoy life to the fullest on this planet {Genesis 1:28} rebellious humans will become a menace on the planet so they will die and return to non-existence {Genesis 2:17} but Adam rebelled before giving birth to a child so all his descendants inherited sin and death from him! Romans 5:12
God has no business with evildoers all He will do to them is eviction and that's to keep the planet safe for obedient mankind not keeping them somewhere to be tormented! smiley
Emusan:

So you don't know what you're saying.
Besides, Eccl 9:5-10 is against you but I know you'll still change mouth.
Eccl 9:5 "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten."
1. The dead has no further reward but you believe after you died Jehovah will reward you.
2. Their names are forgotten but you believe those who died and will be resurrected their names are in Jehovah memory. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy ;DWhich side are you?
The dead has no business with God but out of His underserved kindness (grace) he made a provision for good people to be recalled {Job 14:13-15} but as for evildoers Ecclesiastes 9:6 applies to them! Psalms 9:17 smiley
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:50pm On May 15, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The brainwashing has no comparison.
Everlasting fire also means grave?
Furnace of fire also means grave?
See how Rutherford and Russell has destroyed your sense of reasoning.

There is no literal everlasting fire but complete annihilation of the wicked get it right into your skull that the Hebrew word translated Hell simply means Grave! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 7:18pm On May 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
God has a program and that is for OBEDIENT humans to enjoy life to the fullest on this planet {Genesis 1:28}

You don't need to remind me!

rebellious humans will become a menace on the planet so they will die and return to non-existence {Genesis 2:17}

No! Return to God Eccl 12:6-7 "Yes, remember your Creator now while you are young, before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken. Don’t wait until the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well. For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."

but Adam rebelled before giving birth to a child so all his descendants inherited sin and death from him! Romans 5:12

Says the holy scripture

God has no business with evildoers all He will do to them is eviction and that's to keep the planet safe for obedient mankind not keeping them somewhere to be tormented! smiley

But Jesus says otherwise, I know you're the liar here and not Jesus.

The dead has no business with God but out of His underserved kindness (grace) he made a provision for good people to be recalled {Job 14:13-15} but as for evildoers Ecclesiastes 9:6 applies to them! Psalms 9:17 smiley

I know you'll Change mouth I talk am.
So Eccl 9:6 is applied to ONLY the evildoers and not good people grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

You need more lies to cover up a lie.

Meanwhile, the same Job 14:15 says "You will call and I will answer you; you will long for the creature your hands have made."

So how can non existence or complete dead person will hear when someone called?

When will you stop changing gear from your state of confusion?
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Ken4Christ: 10:25pm On May 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

There is no literal everlasting fire but complete annihilation of the wicked get it right into your skull that the Hebrew word translated Hell simply means Grave! smiley

But Jesus used the phrase, the fire that shall never be quenched ' - Mark 9:43, 45.

Na you wan quench am?

The scripture also said that the devil will be tormented for ever and ever in the Lake of Fire Revelation 20:10.

You reject the word of God and believe what Rutherford and Russell taught you. I pity your end. You will burn in the worst part of hell.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:53am On May 16, 2023
Let's just say our God differs from yours!

A happy person doesn't keep malice with others {Matthew 18:22} our God is a happy person {1Timothy 1:11} He won't keep malice for long with the creatures of His own hands {Genesis 6:3} after He has taken away the breath that keeps them living! Ecclesiastes 12:7 smiley

Emusan:

You don't need to remind me!
No! Return to God Eccl 12:6-7 "Yes, remember your Creator now while you are young, before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken. Don’t wait until the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well. For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
Says the holy scripture
But Jesus says otherwise, I know you're the liar here and not Jesus.
I know you'll Change mouth I talk am.
So Eccl 9:6 is applied to ONLY the evildoers and not good people grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
You need more lies to cover up a lie.
Meanwhile, the same Job 14:15 says "You will call and I will answer you; you will long for the creature your hands have made."
So how can non existence or complete dead person will hear when someone called?
When will you stop changing gear from your state of confusion?

Ken4Christ:

But Jesus used the phrase, the fire that shall never be quenched ' - Mark 9:43, 45.
Na you wan quench am?
The scripture also said that the devil will be tormented for ever and ever in the Lake of Fire Revelation 20:10.
You reject the word of God and believe what Rutherford and Russell taught you. I pity your end. You will burn in the worst part of hell.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Ken4Christ: 8:01am On May 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

A happy person doesn't keep malice with others {Matthew 18:22} our God is a happy person {1Timothy 1:11} He won't keep malice for long with the creatures of His own hands {Genesis 6:3} after He has taken away the breath that keeps them living! Ecclesiastes 12:7 smiley

Answer my question. Jesus said that the fire in hell shall never be quenched.

You want to quench it with your lies?

Who are we supposed to believe? Jesus or your fabricated lies?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Emusan(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Of course I didn't dispute that but stop twisting the inspired word of our God.

A happy person doesn't keep malice with others {Matthew 18:22} our God is a happy person {1Timothy 1:11} He won't keep malice for long with the creatures of His own hands {Genesis 6:3}

1. But the same God is a consuming fire Hebrew 12:29
2. The same God visited the iniquity of the father on the son even on to the fourth generation.
3. The same God is the one who is angry with the wicked everyday.

Besides, you're the one accusing God of keeping malice.

The scripture says God is the God of justice and bringing judgement to the wicked reason why Jesus says NLT - “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons."

If God will send people to the same place where devil will be, definitely it will be eternally because even you believe devil is a spirit and can die.

after He has taken away the breath that keeps them living! Ecclesiastes 12:7 smiley

Smile....see twisting.

God says the spirit returned to Him not that He took it away. Or you know more than God?

Which means the spirit exist after death.

Stop following the tradition of men

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by emmyskies(m): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. First, the story is a parable and not meant to be literally interpreted. Second, the answer to why the rich man character in the story would end up in the Old Law Hell is found in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32 & Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20. Third, in consonance with scripture, Hell for those of Old condemned to die is perishing in the grave --- they cease to exist when they die - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 & Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided

2. What evidence do you have that proves to you that you are in fact born-again in keeping with the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ? Do you have the evidence that Jesus Christ proclaimed all who are born-again will have in John 3 vs 1 - 21, or are you of the mind that the process is whole of mental assent? undecided

Why did you say the story in Luke 16 is a parable?
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 8:31am On Nov 26, 2023
emmyskies:
■ Why did you say the story in Luke 16 is a parable?
Jesus Christ, throughout His Gospel, employed the use of parables in teaching His followers about the Kingdom of God. From the teachings of Jesus Christ, we understand that no man has ever been granted access into the place of Eternal Reward or the place of Eternal damnation even to this day, since Jesus Christ said no man will go there until after He returns and judges the goats and sheep in His Kingdom. undecided
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by emmyskies(m): 7:08am On Nov 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, throughout His Gospel, employed the use of parables in teaching His followers about the Kingdom of God. From the teachings of Jesus Christ, we understand that no man has ever been granted access into the place of Eternal Reward or the place of Eternal damnation even to this day, since Jesus Christ said no man will go there until after He returns and judges the goats and sheep in His Kingdom. undecided

Number one, whenever JESUS speaks in parable, the Bible clearly state it down: "And He spake a parable unto them..." Rather He said: "There was a certain rich man..."
Secondly: Abraham is a man that lived and served GOD faithfully, he existed and cannot be made into a parable.
Thirdly: Before the death of Christ, righteous men who died were taken to the bosom of Abraham while unrighteous men were sent to hell. JESUS gave us a clear picture of hell in several portions of the Bible.
Read thr Book of 1 Samuel chapter 28 and tell me what you understand from thence
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
emmyskies:
Number one, whenever JESUS speaks in parable, the Bible clearly state it down: "And He spake a parable unto them..." Rather He said: "There was a certain rich man..."
■ Secondly: Abraham is a man that lived and served GOD faithfully, he existed and cannot be made into a parable.
■ Thirdly: Before the death of Christ, righteous men who died were taken to the bosom of Abraham while unrighteous men were sent to hell.
■ JESUS gave us a clear picture of hell in several portions of the Bible.
■ Read thr Book of 1 Samuel chapter 28 and tell me what you understand from thence
1. That is not true at all. A parable is not a story that first has to be introduced as such. undecided

2. There is no rule that says a man who once existed cannot be mentioned in a parable. Plants and animals that exist or existed are mentioned in parables, so who told you that men who once existed cannot be mentioned in parables? undecided

3. Not necessarily true at all. They slept in their graves same as righteous men who died before Abraham did. There were righteous men like Abel, and Noah, who died before Abraham, you know. undecided

4. That clear picture of Hell, and Heaven that Jesus Christ gave includes the fact that no person will ever enter into it until after He has returned and judged all the goats and sheep in His flock - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 and John 5 vs 19 - 29 and John 14 vs 1 - 6. He clearly explained that Hell(Eternal Damnation) and Heaven(Eternal Reward) both exist in the Kingdom of God over which He rules as King and judge over. So, any picture of the Kingdom of God that alters the above cannot be considered a true picture. undecided

5. I don't follow. Did Samuel say that he had been brought up from heaven or from hell--- both in the Kingdom of God --- when Saul had his Spirit called up? undecided

By the way, there are established rules as far as parables apart from the mess your pastors and mogs make up for you folks. I suggest you consult those so you clearly understand what a parable really is. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / Seven Books Of Moses / Is Church Wedding Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.