Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) (34258 Views)

President Buhari Visits Ondo, Commissions Industrial Hub, Flyover (Photos) / Ore: From Theatre Of War To Industrial Hub / Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Occurstaem(m): 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
Enough of this joor.
Let's hold Eleyi accountable.
He needs to do more abeg. Ogun state sometimes be in the news for bad reasons.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
Okay
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ipobarecriminals: 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2023
cool Drinking 1892 HERO O'BEER cool

8 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by humberjade: 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2023
It is without doubt, but with abysmal infrastructure to show for it.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by dominique(f): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
INDOMIE9090:

Standard Metallurgical Company (SMC) Limited is a company registered in Nigeria to carry on business in the Iron and Steel Industry. t is an Integrated Iron and Steel Complex with a capacity of 1.1 million tons per annum, which is to produce very high quality steel products that will be of, and conform strictly to, International Standard.

Where in Ogun state is this? Google says it's located somewhere in Alimosho in Lagos state

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by cucumbar: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
It began as a trickle, but now, it is no more news, that Ogun state in South-Western Nigeria is the new juggernaut in the fields of Industry and Academic institutions. It can be said that the state is currently experiencing an unprecedented industrial revolution, as an ever increasing stream of Companies, Industries and firms are beginning to site production plants, Warehouses and all kind of facilities in the state, From Dangote's Ibeshe plant (The largest in Africa), to various new Industrial and Power plants in the state, the new manufacturing plants that have commenced production in Ogun State belong to the biggest industrial concerns in the world, and are by no means minnow.

A former governor of Ogun State once described Lagos State as being attached to the belly of Ogun State. This description is reasonably apt, considering that Ogun is geographically the only or closest neighbor to Lagos, with both states conjoined through a vast borderline.- And the increasingly important role Lagos is playing in Nigeria and Africa, is beginning to Yield dividends in no small measure, for its much more endowed and bigger neighbor (ogun). The Huge metropolis that is Lagos has also spilled into Ogun state on many fronts, and state boundaries have blurred out.

While Lagos is undoubtedly ahead as the main station in terms of the service industry establishments, where the headquarters of banks, major business concerns and also the Stock Exchange and other financial centres are located, Ogun has also been accelerating towards emerging as the centre of industrial activities. Presently, investors in the manufacturing sector actually consider Ogun State a more alluring and conducive site for their activities. These investors have been drifting into the state at an unprecedented rate in the last three years, From the Sango Otta axis to Agbara, Ewekoro, Ibese, Ifo, mowe/Ibafo, Magboro and Sagamu,Abeokuta,where numerous major manufacturing firms have registered their presence.
industrial hub ko. No be companies Dey leave Nigeria?
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by jrusky(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
This is the news I want to be hearing not all those depressing news all the time

14 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by eliwa47(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
Rubbish without any physical infrastructure undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by grandstar(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
ariesbull:

How many of these industries are owned by Ogun indigenes so that we can know what group economics is

Like Anambra 95% of industrial activities there are owned by Anambra folks making the money stay in the state

But in Ogun there is what is called capital flight! Investors pay indigenous folks peanuts ,declare anything as profit then oay paltry tax and repatriate the rest money back to home

So once again how many Ogun people owns industry in Ogun state or are they just workers ?

Whether it is Ogun people or not, your state is being developed. This is how it is all over the world.

17 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by TruthsFM: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2023
Wow Ogun state is very lucky to have these companies in the State

8 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Ttipsy(f): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2023
Great
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by truthfinder319: 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ipob is pained about SW development

Advancedpenis:

Oh yes you are correct

But Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a cocaine sniffing vagabond

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Silvawazza(m): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2023
Industrial Hub with the worst road network.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Neddyogu(m): 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ok.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Dapson73(m): 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Let's send someone like you back to Aba maybe you'll last a week

Either you get nabbed by UGM or get carried away by gully erosion

Oro yen po [center][/center]

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Babangidapikin: 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2023
If Ondo complete their Sea port on time and their people are not sleepy they can overtake Ogun in ten years .. Proximity to Lagos and availablity of raw materials is what they are cashing out from...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
Is this news?!!

Ogun state has been doing tremendously well in indigenous industrialization for years now.

Once they fix their roads and get railways, Lagos will be well on its way to serious decongestion.

Other states, especially in the SouthEast and South-south need to wake up... This is the only way to salvage the economy of this nation.

13 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Addme: 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
Nestle Flowergate, Agbara, Ogun state
These pictures did not give justification to Nestle.
It's bigger and better than this.
Meanwhile there is an industrial estate almost immediately Obasanjo and before you get to Convenant University. That place is also massive like Agbara
The problem of Ogun State is road. No thanks to Governor Dapo. The little uplift they have was from Amosun government.
Dapo is just gallivanting, nothing concrete.

15 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by DeleTaller: 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2023
With nothing to show for it...
Governor Abiodun do our roads for Ifo 1 and 2
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ogun state would have been richer than Lagos but they lack visionary leaders. Investors come to them uninvited, to build and invest in their state yet, they're doing nothing to enhance this opportunity. Most of these industries were in place as a result of individual efforts. Why is Mr governor not hosting economic summit both home and abroad to woo investors? They leave all to the FG to handle. I won't stop talking about kogi state especially, lokoja where bello had performed woefully. I guess one of the mods on nairaland is related to bello cos each time I mentioned his name, I received a ban. This is one of the psycophants who hate the truth. I'd never keep quiet over this because kogi has the potentials of being one of the prosperous states in Nigeria, given its tourist endowment.

If I were the governor, I'd have collaborated with private investors and built a power plant in the various industrial zones. Industries and housing estates springing up would have just been paying for consumption, without even considering hooking up to the national grid.

I'd have also constructed standard highways that would connect places. Lagos-ota-abeokuta expressway is an eyesore. The governor really messed up big time. All of them just want to steal as much as they can and leave. No visionary leaders among our governors. They keep saying wike is building roads but they don't know good roads bring about development. Anyone in doubt should go to alimosho and see wonders of ambode on road construction. As soon as those roads were completed, land appreciated from 14m naira to 27m naira a plot. Today, it has risen to 42m naira with begging sef. Malls, schools and estates too have sprung up. Most of our governors spend the loans they collected on elephant projects, parts of which they'd massively embezzle. Some would be left half done while others would be abandoned and they'd share the money and leave the loan for their successors to service. The masses are always at the receiving end. We'd be wise someday.

I know the road I mentioned above is a federal road but for the sake of the development of Ogun and ease of transportation, the governor should have done the rehabilitation work and passed the bill to the federal government. Wike did this, ambode and Fashola also did this and they were reimbursed by the FG.

I hope someday, Nigerians would begin to hold leaders accountable and chase them off their positions if they live below expectations. We're mainly psycophants rather than hold them to account. We're an obsequious people and that's why we've found ourselves in this terrible situation where our youths who are supposed to develop Nigeria are leaving in droves . Same leaders caused the mess and we are still praising them. Their juju still dey work because we allowed it to.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Dapson73(m): 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2023
A proud Ogun indigine.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by TruthsFM: 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2023
Babangidapikin:
If Ondo complete their Sea port on time and their people are not sleepy they can overtake Ogun in ten years .. Proximity to Lagos and availablity of raw materials is what they are cashing out from...
which company is building the sea port in ondo state? I don’t think any company is building any sea port in ondo state. Akeredolu is ending his 8 years in government in 2024.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Machinegun91(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2023
Stolen pictures from Togo
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by NFBI: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2023
Good one from Ogun

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by RisenObinna: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2023
Proximity to Lagos and the unavailability of relatively cheap land in Lagos is gonna make Ogun the next big state. No hating. I just pray the governments of Ogun always put this into consideration and prioritise this.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by CoronaVirusPro: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2023
I need to secure my 3rd acre in that state.

State has a lot of prospect.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by mignone(f): 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2023
Afamed:
Perfect
U sef see am...
& d foolish ones rigged him back in.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Babangidapikin: 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2023
TruthsFM:
which company is building the sea port in ondo state? I don’t think any company is building any sea port in ondo state. Akeredolu is ending his 8 years in government in 2024.
I thought Federal Government gave approval before Ex President Buhari's government wind down ... Anyway there roforofo political fight between white beard gangs won't even allow investors know who to approach..

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Obakoolex(m): 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2023
Advancedpenis:

Sharap and stand on ya mandate
Serious minded people with something upstairs are discussing yet you kept showing the whole world you are a slowpoke wailing on mention without any atom of sense. Am sure your siblings are not proud of you.

12 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by spagettiluv: 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2023
Machinegun91:
Stolen pictures from Togo
it actually from Zimbabwe

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Dambazzau Was Taking N1b Monthly From Salaries Of Army As COAS- Sahara Reporters / Nigeria Now Has A Twitter Handle...See Reactions / Video Of President Tinubu Inspecting Guard Of Honour To Mark Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.