Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) (34274 Views)

President Buhari Visits Ondo, Commissions Industrial Hub, Flyover (Photos) / Ore: From Theatre Of War To Industrial Hub / Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by yoruboid: 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2023
igwebuike01:

So you are celebrating foreign companies? Una no get sense oo. No be those foreigners pack all una money leave una with brown roof?

The pain is real. Ogun State alone has a higher IGR than all the five SE states. Oyo and Ondo States have higher IGRs than any state in the SE. This is where the revenues come from. We are replicating the Lagos success across the SW

Osun is in the same league with Anambra and they generate similar IGRs. Very soon Ekiti will be competing. Mark my words

If this is paining you already, your heart attack is on the way

10 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Omoawoke2(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2023
igwebuike01:

Lol. Skull miners talking

Mention one company owned by igbos

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Akano5(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2023
This doesn't concern me, since it doesn't make anything easier for me, though I reside in Ifo, Ogun State -- this shit doesn't reduce food prices in the market.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by igwebuike01: 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2023
spagettiluv:
you could only mention GSK lol,I challenge you to mention just 10.
GSK left Nigeria and some other African countries reason best known to them.
But Emzor dey. That's what we are talking. They will run one by one and we will take over. Your IGR loving governor is still gallivanting looking for "investors" while Soludo has empowered local youths
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Marketgists(f): 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2023
Not impressed
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by spagettiluv: 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Mention one company owned by igbos
do not remind him what led to the imprisonment of his father in ASIA,his mood might change for bad

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by igwebuike01: 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2023
lekan62:
Ogun state is an industrial hub,infact issue of electricity supply for companies is now becoming a thing of the past because a Chinese company has built a power plant that is generating about 100MW in Magboro for companies in Kara to Ogere , Abeokuta and Sagamu area but residential comsumers cannot use it because the cost per kWh is around 187 Naira
Haha, Chinese as usual. While the local perish in their mud house

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by yoruboid: 8:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
igwebuike01:

IGR is never a measure of economic progress.

You’re right. That’s why Nigeria has a higher revenue than USA abi?

The better your economy, the higher your IGR.

Osun generates about the same IGR with Anambra so face Osun before you come for Ondo, Oyo or Ogun and Lagos which individually have higher IGRs than all the SE states

7 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by igwebuike01: 8:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
tollyboy5:

You're right but an industrial state need an airport.
No you are wrong. Commercialization distribute wealth and create stronger upper middle class to patronize airport more than industrialization.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by igwebuike01: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2023
tollyboy5:

You're free to deceive yourself
All over the world economies are measured in GDP. Taxation only impoverish people more while elites enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2023
Skull mining should be added
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Akano5(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2023
yoruboid:

The pain is real. Ogun State alone has a higher IGR than all the five SE states. Oyo and Ondo States have higher IGRs than any state in the SE. This is where the revenues come from. We are replicating the Lagos success across the SW

Osun is in the same league with Anambra and they generate similar IGRs. Very soon Ekiti will be competing. Mark my words

SMH, stop taking about that shit called IGR, Nigeria as a whole has the highest IGR in Africa, yet it's the poverty capital of the world...

ask yourself, where does all those monies go?? don't tell me it's because of our population oo.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by yoruboid: 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
igwebuike01:

No you are wrong. Commercialization distribute wealth and create stronger upper middle class to patronize airport more than industrialization.

Maybe if you can advise your governor, he will be doing as good as Osun State in two years

As you can see Ogun is way ahead of all the SE states. How Gambia wan dey advise Canada on economy?

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by igwebuike01: 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
yoruboid:

Economic iliterates. Go and read "confession of economic Hitman" and see the foolishness of yoruba people

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Abdulganiy69: 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2023
With so many industries in the state no good road, Ogun state is worse in Nigeria, Atan to Agbara road is very bad road, I pay nothing less than 10k monthly for tax and no road and electricity in my area, now we are contributing 150k each house to government to give us let, I'm tire of Ogun state if not for work.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by yoruboid: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
Akano5:

SMH, stop taking about that shit called IGR, Nigeria as a whole has the highest IGR in Africa, yet it's the poverty capital of the world...

ask yourself, where does all those monies go?? don't tell it's because of our population oo.

We won’t stop talking IGR because that’s what builds and sustains our roads, rails, hospitals, schools and airports

That’s the reason you keep flocking into our region

We know you’re jealous

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by yoruboid: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2023
igwebuike01:

Economic iliterates. Go and read "confession of economic Hitman" and see the foolishness of yoruba people

And with your wisdom, you’ve not turned your state around? You see the level of your delusion?

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by toprealman: 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2023
igwebuike01:

No Igboman wish Ogun on his state. Chinese are sacking villages
If Ogun people are not complaining, why cry more than the bereaved?

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2023
It has always been so. The Eastern industrial zone should be revived by fixing Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway and railway.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Pristine664: 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:
By end of 2023, at least 2 millions ibos would have infiltrated ogun to join the 5 millions already on ground
And they will claim to have developed the place. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Akano5(m): 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
yoruboid:

We won’t stop talking IGR because that’s what builds and sustains our roads, rails, hospitals, schools and airports

That’s the reason you keep flocking into our region

We know you’re jealous

Sustain what?? when everything is being embezzle.

For your information, I'm a Yoruba guy who reside in Ogun state, so don't think i'm an Igbo man, so stop all those shit man.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Coldie(m): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2023
They would entice u into coming, when u come they would demolish ur properties because u are from another tribe
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by jconsulting(f): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2023
I made a post few months back that if other geopolitical zones knew what is happening in Southwest in terms of emerging economy, they will start stoning their govenors

7 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by STEWpid(f): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2023
Lobar really torn!!

Chai..
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Babangidapikin: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2023
tollyboy5:

During the time eleko did not have light dangote was still building. Deep sea port was on. The issue was not about industry.
Some village in osun state has more light than akure capital.
Ondo state people are just one kind of people that think they're smart. Dangote came they rejected him. Ordinary light 4 capital dem no fit provide.
Despite the fact that crude oil helped them lol, now osun state is giving ondo state wide gap in igr.
The ranking is now Lagos, Ogun, Oyo , Osun then many gap b4 you get to the two brother state, Ekiti and ondo.
Even me now, im packing all my things out this month back to lagos. I cant live without light im working remotely.

Okay chill Dr Tajudeen is building a power plant in Ondo , I am sure he would share with his environment before sending to the National grid ..
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by jconsulting(f): 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2023
Abdulganiy69:
With so many industries in the state no good road, Ogun state is worse in Nigeria, Atan to Agbara road is very bad road, I pay nothing less than 10k monthly for tax and no road and electricity in my area, now we are contributing 150k each house to government to give us let, I'm tire of Ogun state if not for work.

Go back to your state
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by tollyboy5(m): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2023
igwebuike01:

All over the world economies are measured in GDP. Taxation only impoverish people more while elites enjoy
Taxation is only useless when its been embezzled.
No serious country in world don't take taxation serious.
Taxation is the reason ogun, osun, oyo and lagos are growing.
What is needed now is for the goverment to focus on more capital project.

Without tax lagos blue rail will not be possible, now the last time i saw the rail its on its way to okokomaiko.
Without tax imota rice mill and redline rail will not be possible.
Osun and Oyo and Ogun are following lagos state blue print. If you sit down and downplay the effect of igr then it will be more than glaring to you in the next five years when more capital project are completed in state that took taxation serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Reference(m): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2023
Good to see a number of industries are still alive and kicking after several decades of economic downturn. They are the real MVP's of the battles to keep the economy from total collapse.

However if you look very closely at all the pictures the industrial lines appear pretty scanty and rudimentary and you cannot see the depth of a large workforce or the height of automation that makes for large scale production. And to be honest we need a lot, a lot more of such industrial complexes to make a dent on our imbalance of international trade and domestic production of a whole slew of things we presently import.

I continue to insist that government stands too far from industry. And I feel they should be more hands on in helping these industries input, throughput and output by integrating all factors of production and all aspects of commerce within Nigeria first before venturing abroad.

Government's responsibility does not end with seeking investors, but in ensuring even the local ones succeed and thrive.
For example when was the last time a high level trade mission was dispatched to our neighboring west African countries, (at least where we have a lot of influence) to sell our industrial products so that the much needed foreign exchange is earned ground up.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Mention one you built from scratch

I can mention 10 companies own by Yorubas from scratch contributing massively to Nigeria economy without blinking
Apart from the big players, there are several thousands of companies, family owned employing hundreds of thousands of people. Yoruba businesses in ogun, Lagos, Ibadan
Some of the Industries owned by Anambra guys in in Ogun state

Emzor pharmacitucal company

Nispo Tiles manufacturing company

ComStar cable and wire

Beloxxi biscuits

Greenlife pharmaceutical

Neros Pharmaceuticals Limited

Wichtech Industries Ltd

Sonia food

Ekulu group

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Menclothing: 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2023
Top 10 richest men in Nigeria ogun has the highest number
Richest woman too

Many big company own by them rite foods is the biggest food and drink own by a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Beolly(m): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
ariesbull:

How many of these industries are owned by Ogun indigenes so that we can know what group economics is

Like Anambra 95% of industrial activities there are owned by Anambra folks making the money stay in the state

But in Ogun there is what is called capital flight! Investors pay indigenous folks peanuts ,declare anything as profit then oay paltry tax and repatriate the rest money back to home

So once again how many Ogun people owns industry in Ogun state or are they just workers ?
Children of HATE are here. Always jealous.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by obesse: 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
yoruboid:

Upon everything, na Ogun get the worst road network! No be so?
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. / I’m Not Sure Of Another Chance After 2023 General Elections – Tinubu / Judge In Illinois, Chicago Ordered The Release Of Tinubu Academic Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.