Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) (34254 Views)

President Buhari Visits Ondo, Commissions Industrial Hub, Flyover (Photos) / Ore: From Theatre Of War To Industrial Hub / Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by BreakingNews21: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
Dubai wants to join in the progress and profits.

https://www.nairaland.com/7922327/dubai-opens-nigeria-office-promote

Please join me in thanking and congratulating the former VP that helped draw the blueprints for this success.

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by skj1377(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ibos are into trading and mostly importation. They are shallow in thinking as well as strategy . Oga look at the picture your calling industry ! It is warehouse. A manufacturing company does not look like that oga. Compare dangote cement to any of your pictures .
So called Ibo industries are just empty warehouses .. The worst part of the story is Ibos no longer have the intellectual capacity to manufacture anything from scratch because most of their young boys are in markets learning trading for 15yrs .
The gap will only widen between southwest and east from now hence fourth. As Nigeria progresses towards a manufacturing country the skill and manpower is found abundantly in the southwest . Nigeria will not be an import dependent country for ever.
Tell me how does someone that can't write the formulae for oxygen manufacture an oxygen cannister?? Trading is easy because you don't need to understand what your selling much all you need is the market price and the acceptable selling price. This is what the Easterners do and know how to do.
Let our foreign exchange be divided into regions such that each region has equal share of our foreign exchange . You will find out that the east will be exhausted in seconds. That's because their business is importation and nothing more.
My opinion does not matter but what I can tell you for sure is that as Nigeria embarks on industrialization the gap between southwest and southeast will get wider.
Stop showing pictures of warehouse and calling it industry pls.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by LivingSage: 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2023
How many dey Edo State?
Eriokanmi:
Ogun state would have been richer than Lagos but they lack visionary leaders. Investors come to them uninvited, to build and invest in their state yet, they're doing nothing to enhance this opportunity. Most of these industries were in place as a result of individual efforts. Why is Mr governor not hosting economic summit both home and abroad to woo investors? They leave all to the FG to handle. I won't stop talking about kogi state especially, lokoja where bello had performed woefully. I guess one of the mods on nairaland is related to bello cos each time I mentioned his name, I received a ban. This is one of the psycophants who hate the truth. I'd never keep quiet over this because kogi has the potentials of being one of the prosperous states in Nigeria, given its tourist endowment.

If I were the governor, I'd have collaborated with private investors and built a power plant in the various industrial zones. Industries and housing estates springing up would have just been paying for consumption, without even considering hooking up to the national grid.

I'd have also constructed standard highways that would connect places. Lagos-ota-abeokuta expressway is an eyesore. The governor really messed up big time. All of them just want to steal as much as they can and leave. No visionary leaders among our governors. They keep saying wike is building roads but they don't know good roads bring about development. Anyone in doubt should go to alimosho and see wonders of ambode on road construction. As soon as those roads were completed, land appreciated from 14m naira to 27m naira a plot. Today, it has risen to 42m naira with begging sef. Malls, schools and estates too have sprung up. Most of our governors spend the loans they collected on elephant projects, parts of which they'd massively embezzle. Some would be left half done while others would be abandoned and they'd share the money and leave the loan for their successors to service. The masses are always at the receiving end. We'd be wise someday.

I know the road I mentioned above is a federal road but for the sake of the development of Ogun and ease of transportation, the governor should have done the rehabilitation work and passed the bill to the federal government. Wike did this, ambode and Fashola also did this and they were reimbursed by the FG.

I hope someday, Nigerians would begin to hold leaders accountable and chase them off their positions if they live below expectations. We're mainly psycophants rather than hold them to account. We're an obsequious people and that's why we've found ourselves in this terrible situation where our youths who are supposed to develop Nigeria are leaving in droves . Same leaders caused the mess and we are still praising them. Their juju still dey work because we allowed it to.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Hsurdluxury: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2023
helinues:

Gov DA was busy raking money for the state in his first term. He has attracted so many investors to the state as a business man.

People expected physical projects from Gov DA in his first term but the problem with that is Amosun left so many abandoned projects littered across the state. It's logical for Gov DA to complete those ones before embarking on new ones

At least he has been able to raised the state IGR, he should have extra money in his possession for the second term to do the expected physical projects.

oga politician,leave story for novice

amosun actually sold those lands to the companies before living office

thats why information is really important

i was trying to buy 10acres of land along abeokuta road

a friend that works with ogun town planning warns that i should not buy any land along the road cos 1 all the road side are owned by government 2 amosun have sold the land to different companies just to develop the state

what DA has been doing for past 4 year is only mystery to all ogun indigene staying in lagos

if their is infrastructural development in ogun state ,ogun will actually be the best state to invest money

our governor have been busy with politics of hatred no continuation at all
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2023
Hamachi:
Do you own any of these industries? If no, there's no point talking about them because small minds talk about other people.
Bestmanfornow . Hamachi is right, you call yourself a man, I'm sure your are close to 40, all you do from thread to thread making unnecessary complains. Imagine adult who doesn't even have a house saying those companies in Ogun and Lagos are not for indigenes, they are for outsiders, meaning the companies can't produce anything or can't employ anyone or can't pay taxes or can't reduce importation or can't increase the States IGR and GDP and shouldn't be seen as a sign of growth and development.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ariesbull: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
Omookunnimi:

No wonder Anambra state is more 'developed'
than Ogun state. We can see that 95% indigenous people of Anambra state stay back at home to contribute to the development of the state.
oh yes ! The people keep their economy and the rest go out to have a chunk of other economies and plough it back to their states

That's economic expansion that's what every reasonable group does
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by mentro: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2023
helinues:

In the next 5 years, Lagos and Ogun would have increased their IGR with a greater percentage because of the Lekki deep sea port and Dangote refineries. The ship crew loading or offloading goods might need to spend like a month before embarking on their journey, they would prefer to stay outside Lagos town which the interchange area is the best new town. Proximity to Abeokuta, Ijebu and Lagos state, easy access to Ibadan express road
You mean Sagamu interchange?
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by spagettiluv: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
mctech:
Ogun state
1. Has the highest number of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
2. Is the most industrialized state in Nigeria
3. Produces the same quantity of cement annually as South Africa
4. Is the highest producer of poultry in Nigeria.

Contact us for commercial and industrial properties in Ogun state e.g. land, warehouse, factory etc.
I Agree with your number 4. grin
Especially owode town

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Only Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria that built industries across the regions in Nigeria, still dominate in their own region
That is why an Igbo is the richest man in Nigeria, Dangote and richest woman in Nigeria, folorunsho alakija and bola shagaya, dey play. You think it's by making noise and killing 50 cows for burials

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2023
ariesbull:
oh yes ! The people keep their economy and the rest go out to have a chunk of other economies and plough it back to their states

That's economic expansion that's what every reasonable group does
And that is what they have been doing, and now their state is more developed than Lagos grin

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by spagettiluv: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2023
Viraltrends123:
That is why an Igbo is the richest man in Nigeria, Dangote and richest woman in Nigeria, folorunsho alakija and bola shagaya, dey play. You think it's by making noise and killing 50 cows for burials
no Dey waste time reply those lowlife dUnce

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ariesbull: 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ogun state should be more developed than this cos of the proximity to Lagos....but they have refused to invest in infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by skj1377(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
Many young Ibo men have stopped going to school but rather learn a trade mostly selling of imported items. The Yoruba counterparts are going to school and learning sciences as well as engineering. Though the Ibos tend to be doing well economically as trading and import dependency is the order of the day in Nigeria. The Yoruba counterparts are largely unemployed because the sum total of all their 5 years of higher education has been brought into the country by their Ibo counterpart in the form of finished products. In the near future when production is localized allover Nigeria that will be the boom of the Yoruba tribe because they place a premium on education rather than trading.
The companies will higher qualified people from the region they can find such people. Importers will be unemployed after heavy restrictions have been placed on access to Forex for importation business. Nigerian markets will be better organised due to the trend of selling online thereby eliminating the need of several Ibo men with small shops littering the environment. At that point many Ibo traders will be unemployed and may resort to working as labourers since they don't have any formal education or marketable skill other than selling imported items.
I rest my case.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Omoawoke2(m): 10:13pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

I hope you know the difference between CEO and owner, 75% of the industries are owned by foreigners rest are other Nigerians, I just listed the ones in Ogun own by Anambra guys can you mention one industry own by Yoruba man in any industrial layouts in Southeast

In both CEOs and companies built from scratch, Yorubas are light years ahead of you

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Indigenous industries in Anambra not gloating over other people's investments
All these are pictures of warehouses, as per finished product stores, it's easier to be an importer than to be the owner of an industry. Industrialization is the big deal, and not importing okrika and ceiling fans and be making noise online and doing burial with 50 cows, and calling yourself billionaire. it's not buy learning trade for 20 years, and open an okrika or water hose shop in Lagos, then calling yourself a billionaire, real billionaires are recognized by Forbes and Bloomberg, no matter how silent you are, you can't hide a billionaire dollar investment, search the richest women in Nigeria and the richest men in Nigeria, and see for yourself how Yorubas makes more than half of the list.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2023
Omoawoke2:

In both CEOs and companies built from scratch, Yorubas are light years ahead of you
Ignorant mind only in your dream, mention industries Yoruba man own outside Yoruba land, you guys busy deceiving yourselves with propaganda

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by IamAtikulate: 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2023
Did anyone notice that one of these industries are actually owned by an indigene of Ogun state?
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2023
Viraltrends123:
All these are pictures of warehouses, as per finished product stores, it's easier to be an importer than to be the owner of an industry. Industrialization is the big deal, and not importing okrika and ceiling fans and be making noise online and doing burial with 50 cows, and calling yourself billionaire. it's not buy learning trade for 20 years, and open an okrika or water hose shop in Lagos, then calling yourself a billionaire, real billionaires are recognized by Forbes and Bloomberg, no matter how silent you are, you can't hide a billionaire dollar investment, search the richest women in Nigeria and the richest men in Nigeria, and see for yourself how Yorubas makes more than half of the list.
Anu what do you know, Igbos control trade in Nigeria and indigenous industries

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Anu what do you know, Igbos control trade in Nigeria and indigenous industries

That's why the 5 richest men and women in Nigeria are igbos, that's why the biggest indigenous companies in Nigeria are owned by Igbos. Or is it because cubana did big burial with 50 cows, LOL.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
Viraltrends123:
One of the companies own by Igbo just watch
Biggest pharmacical company in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVA4TFEk2so?si=JeVI-f8ui6XEi3EA

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2023
Viraltrends123:
That's why the 5 richest men and women in Nigeria are igbos, that's why the biggest indigenous companies in Nigeria are owned by Igbos. Or is it because cubana did big burial with 50 cows, LOL.

How old are you

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Jcoleworld911: 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2023
skj1377:
Many young Ibo men have stopped going to school but rather learn a trade mostly selling of imported items. The Yoruba counterparts are going to school and learning sciences as well as engineering. Though the Ibos tend to be doing well economically as trading and import dependency is the order of the day in Nigeria. The Yoruba counterparts are largely unemployed because the sum total of all their 5 years of higher education has been brought into the country by their Ibo counterpart in the form of finished products. In the near future when production is localized allover Nigeria that will be the boom of the Yoruba tribe because they place a premium on education rather than trading.
The companies will higher qualified people from the region they can find such people. Importers will be unemployed after heavy restrictions have been placed on access to Forex for importation business. Nigerian markets will be better organised due to the trend of selling online thereby eliminating the need of several Ibo men with small shops littering the environment. At that point many Ibo traders will be unemployed and may resort to working as labourers since they don't have any formal education or marketable skill other than selling imported items.
I rest my case.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Attribute of a yoruba Muslim🤣
Wicked, envy, jealousy🌚

See what a whole tribe is nursing in their minds, God forbid

Whether now or ever, igbos will continue to dominate you guys

Look at how to identify a Yoruba person in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Blackdisciple(m): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2023
Is that all
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2023
Viraltrends123:

Google this man, three of his companies are listed in London stock exchange market

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

How old are you
The way cubana and his friends sprayed money and bought 50 cows at the burial, is what makes you think Igbo people are billionaires and are the richest people in the universe, isn't it?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
Viraltrends123:
The way cubana and his friends sprayed money and bought 50 cows at the burial, is what makes you think Igbo people are billionaires and are the richest people in the universe, isn't it?
You reasons like small baby, please who mention Cuban here
Igbos control trade, indigenous industries, land and air transportation

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Google this man, three of his companies are listed in London stock exchange market
Google the list of Nigeria businesses listed in London stock exchange, and tell me how many are owned by Yorubas

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

You reasons like small baby, please who mention Cuban here
Igbos control trade, indigenous industries, land and air transportation
That's why Igbos are listed on Forbes, and are the richest men and women in Nigeria, or are you saying there are running those trade and indigenous industries without making money, see don't let what you see on the internet deceive you, so because of how they sprayed money during burial and slaughtered 50 cows at a burial, you think Igbos are billionaires.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by yommen: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2023
ariesbull:

How many of these industries are owned by Ogun indigenes so that we can know what group economics is

Like Anambra 95% of industrial activities there are owned by Anambra folks making the money stay in the state

But in Ogun there is what is called capital flight! Investors pay indigenous folks peanuts ,declare anything as profit then oay paltry tax and repatriate the rest money back to home

So once again how many Ogun people owns industry in Ogun state or are they just workers ?

You typed all these stories just to discredit others. We know you, bad belle always.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Viraltrends123: 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2023
Jcoleworld911:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Attribute of a yoruba Muslim🤣
Wicked, envy, jealousy🌚

See what a whole tribe is nursing in their minds, God forbid

Whether now or ever, igbos will continue to dominate you guys

Look at how to identify a Yoruba person in Lagos
LOL, dominate us how, an Igbo can never be President, Yoruba have either being in presidential or vice Presidential position like ever, sometimes plus Senate President and speaker house of rep, the richest women in Nigeria are Yorubas, the 2 of the top 5 richest men are Yorubas, out of the top 5 fastest growing States in Nigeria are Yorubas States, 8 of top 10 music stars are Yorubas, 5 of top 5 most followed Nigerians on Instagram are Yorubas, 4 of top 5 most popular Nigerian movies are own by Yorubas, 4 of top 5 universities in Nigeria are in our land, only Nobel laureate winners etc.

Now tell me one or 2 things you think you do better than us.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ariesbull: 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2023
yommen:

You typed all these stories just to discredit others. We know you, bad belle always.
I asked a simple economical question

What are the percentage of indigenous peoples that own the industries ! What every government does is apart from attracting investment they try to empower their people to be investment drivers

What are the percentage of Ogun people that owns these industry are they up to 30% which I know it's not up to

There is what we call group economics ! It keeps the money in circulation! Just like when my wanted to move back their profits to South Africa it affected the Forex in Nigeria

No government loves capital flight !

So back to the question...answer this truthfully

HOW MANY INDIGENOUS PEOPLES OF THAT STATES OWN THESE INDUSTRIES

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ariesbull: 11:17pm On Nov 26, 2023
Viraltrends123:
LOL, dominate us how, an Igbo can never be President, Yoruba have either being in presidential or vice Presidential position like ever, sometimes plus Senate President and speaker house of rep, the richest women in Nigeria are Yorubas, the 2 of the top 5 richest men are Yorubas, out of the top 5 fastest growing States in Nigeria are Yorubas States, 8 of top 10 music stars are Yorubas, 5 of top 5 most followed Nigerians on Instagram are Yorubas, 4 of top 5 most popular Nigerian movies are own by Yorubas, 4 of top 5 universities in Nigeria are in our land, only Nobel laureate winners etc.

Now tell me one or 2 things you think you do better than us.
Hausa have been president for years does it make them better

The people that have been complaining of hardship lately are yoruuba yet their brother is the president.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Osinbajo, Ambode And Ajimobi / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com / National Headquarters Building "Arewa Youth For Tinubu" Inaugurated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.