Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) (34192 Views)

President Buhari Visits Ondo, Commissions Industrial Hub, Flyover (Photos) / Ore: From Theatre Of War To Industrial Hub / Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by omojeesu(m): 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2023
Poli-trickians love MACRO-economics shows while the masses wallow in poverty!
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Naz34(m): 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2023
ariesbull:

How many of these industries are owned by Ogun indigenes so that we can know what group economics is

Like Anambra 95% of industrial activities there are owned by Anambra folks making the money stay in the state

But in Ogun there is what is called capital flight! Investors pay indigenous folks peanuts ,declare anything as profit then oay paltry tax and repatriate the rest money back to home

So once again how many Ogun people owns industry in Ogun state or are they just workers ?
o boy j envy don really mess up your life with this statement you just made. Uttered. No just go that lane. The westerners go beat your region hands down

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2023
Over 75% of the companies in Ogun are owned by foreigners especially Chinese, Indians the rest are owned by other Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2023
Never argue development with people that were still walking around naked after Nigeria's independence.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Abdulganiy69: 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2023
jconsulting:

Go back to your state
Thanks, I work and live in my state.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Pristine664: 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2023
Omoawoke2:

It’s so funny that 99% of the foreign companies in Nigeria are actually in southwest.
Lol, I always wonder why and how southeast think they are competing with southwest. There’s no competition, southwest is miles and light years ahead of southeast in all ramifications. And it’s no joke

Don't loud it please. grin

I love reading their comments here that Yorubas are the ones suffering most in Nigeria. cool

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by SharingIsLife(m): 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2023
INDOMIE9090:

Standard Metallurgical Company (SMC) Limited is a company registered in Nigeria to carry on business in the Iron and Steel Industry. t is an Integrated Iron and Steel Complex with a capacity of 1.1 million tons per annum, which is to produce very high quality steel products that will be of, and conform strictly to, International Standard.
Well done sis. Looks like you forgot to tell us where in Ogun State that SMC is sited.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by alanto: 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
Finecoat Chemicals plant, Ogun state
grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by mctech(m): 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ogun state
1. Has the highest number of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
2. Is the most industrialized state in Nigeria
3. Produces the same quantity of cement annually as South Africa
4. Is the highest producer of poultry in Nigeria.

Contact us for commercial and industrial properties in Ogun state e.g. land, warehouse, factory etc.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by skj1377(m): 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
The Ibos developed houses hotels and small trading business from monies made from other states of Nigeria as well as Africa . Don't forget drug business worldwide. If for political reasons they are not permitted to participate in commercial activities in areas such as Lagos or are heavily restricted as a people , it will go a long way in affecting development of structures in the east.
In Bauchi for instance Ibos are restricted commercially , in Kano Ibos are restricted to only Sabongari area in fact at a point in time they almost started telling them to wear a red dress for easy identification.
The Ibos had better be careful before their host communities start treating their disrespect. I heard in Niger state the Ibos have started asking for political positions because they developed the state! Can you imagine!.
Anyways am not Ibo and don't think like Ibo so best of luck to them.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Pristine664: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2023
spagettiluv:
4th on the list

4 SW states in the top 12, no single SE state.

But na dem dey make noise pass. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by alanto: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2023
nisai:
Ignore him. For how long will you spoonfeed him? We need FDIs if they don't. The records are there.

In most ramifications, Yoruba beats their ethnicity. We shouldn't care whatever they think from now henceforth.

Seems we've wrestled to far in the gutter with pigs that we now forget our actual calling. Ewo!
I feel like to give you a warm hug... I don't reply them anymore. Else I want to wash their whole tribe and feel good about it. They don't compare with Yoruba in anyways. Bunch of loud nobodies

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Omookunnimi(m): 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
ariesbull:

How many of these industries are owned by Ogun indigenes so that we can know what group economics is

Like Anambra 95% of industrial activities there are owned by Anambra folks making the money stay in the state

But in Ogun there is what is called capital flight! Investors pay indigenous folks peanuts ,declare anything as profit then oay paltry tax and repatriate the rest money back to home

So once again how many Ogun people owns industry in Ogun state or are they just workers ?

No wonder Anambra state is more 'developed'
than Ogun state. We can see that 95% indigenous people of Anambra state stay back at home to contribute to the development of the state.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ofwest47(m): 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
Ogun State Industries _ China of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2023
skj1377:
The Ibos developed houses hotels and small trading business from monies made from other states of Nigeria as well as Africa . Don't forget drug business worldwide. If for political reasons they are not permitted to participate in commercial activities in areas such as Lagos or are heavily restricted as a people , it will go a long way in affecting development of structures in the east.
In Bauchi for instance Ibos are restricted commercially , in Kano Ibos are restricted to only Sabongari area in fact at a point in time they almost started telling them to wear a red dress for easy identification.
The Ibos had better be careful before their host committee start treating their disrespect. I heard in Niger state the Ibos have started asking for political positions because they developed the state! Can you imagine!.

Empty 🧠🧠

Igbos control indigenous industries in Nigeria, Anambra and Abia are home of indigenous industries in Nigeria
Ignorant mind this one of the industrial estates just in Anambra state control by Igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Pristine664: 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2023
ppogba:

The same foreign companies people like you rejoice and jubilate about each time they leave the country. Is that not an irony? The people that they left with brown roofs are far better than the people that have found the brown roof region as their own London and America and will risk their lives to come as an attachment standing in packed buses for 10 hours journeys.

Well said. cool

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2023
skj1377:
The Ibos had better be careful before their host committee start treating their disrespect. I heard in Niger state the Ibos have started asking for political positions because they developed the state! Can you imagine!.
Indigenous industries in Anambra not gloating over other people's investments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Hamachi(f): 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2023
tollyboy5:

You're right but an industrial state need an airport.
then it shouldn't be a passenger airport but cargo
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Hamachi(f): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2023
tollyboy5:

You're right but an industrial state need an airport.
then it shouldn't be a passenger airport but cargo.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Hamachi(f): 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2023
ofwest47:
Ogun State Industries _ China of Africa.
Which useless China of Africa, Google industrial cities in Africa
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2023
skj1377:
Only Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria that built industries across the regions in Nigeria, still dominate in their own region

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Hamachi(f): 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Indigenous industries in Anambra not gloating over other people's investments
Do you own any of these industries? If no, there's no point talking about them because small minds talk about other people.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Beolly(m): 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Ogun state would have been richer than Lagos but they lack visionary leaders. Investors come to them uninvited, to build and invest in their state yet, they're doing nothing to enhance this opportunity. Most of these industries were in place as a result of individual efforts. Why is Mr governor not hosting economic summit both home and abroad to woo investors? They leave all to the FG to handle. I won't stop talking about kogi state especially, lokoja where bello had performed woefully. I guess one of the mods on nairaland is related to bello cos each time I mentioned his name, I received a ban. This is one of the psycophants who hate the truth. I'd never keep quiet over this because kogi has the potentials of being one of the prosperous states in Nigeria, given its tourist endowment.

If I were the governor, I'd have collaborated with private investors and built a power plant in the various industrial zones. Industries and housing estates springing up would have just been paying for consumption, without even considering hooking up to the national grid.

I'd have also constructed standard highways that would connect places. Lagos-ota-abeokuta expressway is an eyesore. The governor really messed up big time. All of them just want to steal as much as they can and leave. No visionary leaders among our governors. They keep saying wike is building roads but they don't know good roads bring about development. Anyone in doubt should go to alimosho and see wonders of ambode on road construction. As soon as those roads were completed, land appreciated from 14m naira to 27m naira a plot. Today, it has risen to 42m naira with begging sef. Malls, schools and estates too have sprung up. Most of our governors spend the loans they collected on elephant projects, parts of which they'd massively embezzle. Some would be left half done while others would be abandoned and they'd share the money and leave the loan for their successors to service. The masses are always at the receiving end. We'd be wise someday.

I know the road I mentioned above is a federal road but for the sake of the development of Ogun and ease of transportation, the governor should have done the rehabilitation work and passed the bill to the federal government. Wike did this, ambode and Fashola also did this and they were reimbursed by the FG.

I hope someday, Nigerians would begin to hold leaders accountable and chase them off their positions if they live below expectations. We're mainly psycophants rather than hold them to account. We're an obsequious people and that's why we've found ourselves in this terrible situation where our youths who are supposed to develop Nigeria are leaving in droves . Same leaders caused the mess and we are still praising them. Their juju still dey work because we allowed it to.

Very good, this is constructive criticism this is more like it and not those who criticize everything and anything based on jealousy.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by zang: 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2023
[qu
ote author=INDOMIE9090 post=122952746]lafarge cement,shagamu,ogun state[/quote]

Lafarge Cement is in Ewekoro not Shagamu

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Renman: 9:23pm On Nov 26, 2023
Hamachi:
Do you own any of these industries? If no, there's no point talking about them because small minds talk about other people.
I just saw your profile picture,.... Sorry to ask, are you a Prostitute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by onuman: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2023
Good news. Igbos who build infrastructures in other people's lands, have you not learnt that one Nigeria 🇳🇬 is a fluke? One Nigeria exists for SW and the North so long as crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger delta region exists.
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by zang: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
fidson pharmaceutical

This is Fidson Headquarters building in Lagos while the factory is Sango Ota

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by KingKO22: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2023
This lady tried bug she doesn't know the magnitude of numbers of industries in Ogun state.
I was once ignorant until I start working with one of the most prominent logistics company in Nigeria couple with with working in a CNG distributor company where we distribute gas to some industries.

Industries on our list that we supply CNG gas alone to power their plant are over 500

Sometimes I wonder if these industries are actually situated in Ogun state and these are not Agbara industrial park.

Recently, I was transferred to Mowe axis and was super shocked to see industries that are deep inside off the road along Lag-ibadan express.

Nothing to show off here. Yet our governors are under performing as someone mentioned.

In as much as the whites find a place relatively peaceful and conducive, they spring in uninvited.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by aieromon(m): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2023
dominique:

Where in Ogun state is this? Google says it's located somewhere in Alimosho in Lagos state

SharingIsLife:

Well done sis. Looks like you forgot to tell us where in Ogun State that SMC is sited.

SMC has been acquired by KAM Holding. The plant is located in Sagamu.

https://dailytrust.com/kam-steel-acquires-n60bn-plant-in-ogun/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBsmkoXUSo?si=d3TE0GanGfa1bo-s

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Omoawoke2(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Some of the Industries owned by Anambra guys in in Ogun state

Emzor pharmacitucal company

Nispo Tiles manufacturing company

ComStar cable and wire

Beloxxi biscuits

Greenlife pharmaceutical

Neros Pharmaceuticals Limited

Wichtech Industries Ltd

Sonia food

Ekulu group

Should we start with the ones owned by Yorubas because we won’t leave here, let’s create a thread for that

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by ppogba: 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Skull mining should be added

At least you don't want anyone to compete with your cannibalism.

Your request is noted.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) by Bestmanfornow: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Should we start with the ones owned by Yorubas because we won’t leave here, let’s create a thread for that
I hope you know the difference between CEO and owner, 75% of the industries are owned by foreigners rest are other Nigerians, I just listed the ones in Ogun own by Anambra guys can you mention one industry own by Yoruba man in any industrial layouts in Southeast

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Crowd At Buhari’s Campaign Rally In Enugu (Photos) / Umahi Gives Innoson Jeeps To Traditional Rulers In Ebonyi. PICS / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.