Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu (57623 Views)

Sonia, Ekweremadu's Daughter Loses Bid To Be Excused From Trial / Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation / If Nnamdi Kanu Is Found Not Guilty, What Do You Think Will Happen Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Moneyboyz: 7:50pm On May 05, 2023
Too bad he won't be there to bury her corpse.
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by MasterTeeUSA: 7:50pm On May 05, 2023
I just pray she will not be depressed or attempt or commit suicide. To feel responsible for the actions of her parents is very serious. They need to get her lots of help, and stay with her and her parents need to keep letting her know it is NOT her fault, else one issue can turn into many issues.

fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWIW0qyJx2Q

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/articles/cmj7lrgy3m7o?at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_medium=social&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_link_origin=BBC_News_Pidgin&at_link_type=web_link&at_link_id=C4A41A00-EB4C-11ED-9373-1F2E7F934D9D&at_campaign_type=owned&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_format=link

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Angelfrost(m): 7:50pm On May 05, 2023
Aunty Sonia... Save the sob story abeg!

Countless people have died in Nigeria over kidney failure due to the looting and criminality of politicians like your father!

Money that should have been spent developing our healthcare sector was siphoned out by them including the presidents we have had since 1960!

I'm sorry, but I'm not moved one bit by your situation... Honestly, the judge was too lenient in the sentencing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by tete7000(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2023
Such a very touching story. Its hard to imagine what it means to fall from grace to grass, to go from a highly exalted position to prison, father and mother. I hope the family can pick one or two lessons from this and ride on it to move on.
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by kiddkash(m): 7:54pm On May 05, 2023
Mrfixiit:
It's very painful I must say

Meanwhile a drug lord can never be my president God forbid
Noh dey shake this table. You wan chop food for ground
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by obaidan: 7:55pm On May 05, 2023
seunmsg:
What has happened to the Ekweremadus is so sad. I really feel for them. I have a daughter and I know I can go to any extent to save her life. Ekweremadu did not commit the crime to make profit but to help save her daughter’s life from a life threatening illness. The UK court should have been more lenient. No one chooses sickness, it comes and we can’t help it.

The sentence should be appealed on humanitarian grounds. I’m sure humanity and common sense will come into consideration at the appellate court. My thoughts and prayers are with Sonia and her family.
If United Kingdom was running their laws and justice system on humanitarian and humanity grounds .... they wouldn't have hospitals that can handle sonias health situation in the first place...it would be like Nigeria where everyone with means would be running abroad to treat malaria.
You guys keep showing mercy to your oppressors and I dont get it. They thief ur resources still wan hijack ur kidney, dem catch dem una say una pity them. After working for a month, Dem pay salary una tell them thank you as if na for free una suppose work.

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Angelfrost(m): 7:55pm On May 05, 2023
Acidosis:

All the teaching hospitals in Nigeria (including the one in Enugu state) and some private hospitals carry out a lot of successful kidney transplant.

Kidney transplant no be new thing... With some millions and a willing donor, you will get it done. But nobody hates Nigeria and made-in-Nigerian things more than the average politician. They only love you when they need to get something from you (e.g., votes, kidney, brain, and common sense).

The Ekweremadus were just ma.d because they didn't trust the same healthcare system they "built." Same reason your presidents run to the UK and France for treatments. Apparently, the best surgeon in Nigeria is not credible enough to touch their precious daughter on Nigerian soil.

Tell these stupid supporters and sympathizers of political criminals.
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by BigIyanga: 7:57pm On May 05, 2023
because you and your parents were mean and devilishly wicked to the poor boy.. If you had allowed the guy to be without kicking him out on the streets and threatening to call immigration on him.. your parents would have been OK. You and your parents should have given £2k to the guy to find his way.. instead you decided to ‘ show him’ as Naija big folks.. lol.
You thought you were in Naija to treat him like your domestic servants??

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by victorazy(m): 7:59pm On May 05, 2023
God1000:
This is touching, your parents love you, they didn't want you to die but they did it in the wrong way.

I pray she gets a good Samaritan kidney donor soon.

UK isn't Nigeria where you do things anyhow and go scot-free.

Our corrupt and wicked politicians should learn from this and build good hospitals in Nigeria

It is very hard to pity naija politicians and their families because of what they've done to this country

Bad family.

Prayer of Nigerians are working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Galadimabawa: 7:59pm On May 05, 2023
Stupid people, I could hear some voice in the background instructing her, you think is Nigeria that you form small god's.
reap what you sow.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by frozen70(f): 7:59pm On May 05, 2023
Iamicekid:
U and ur parents are mad, with all the money they have stolen, for them to go through the legal way of organ donation they don’t want to cause they will spend atleast half a million dollars upward, they want to cut costs without caring about the boy it will affect, they deserve everything, dem heartless to the point that the boy they wan steal him kidney, dem no fit do 2years visa for am, Na 6months dem do, they wan use am send am back make him come dey suffer while unna go dey enjoy
First visa attempt is six months for UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by obaidan: 8:00pm On May 05, 2023
Angelfrost:

Tell these stupid supporters and sympathizers of political criminals.
Very foolish people..they deserve whatever the politicians are putting them through...

1 Like

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by tete7000(m): 8:00pm On May 05, 2023
seunmsg:
What has happened to the Ekweremadus is so sad. I really feel for them. I have a daughter and I know I can go to any extent to save her life. Ekweremadu did not commit the crime to make profit but to help save her daughter’s life from a life threatening illness. The UK court should have been more lenient. No one chooses sickness, it comes and we can’t help it.

The sentence should be appealed on humanitarian grounds. I’m sure humanity and common sense will come into consideration at the appellate court. My thoughts and prayers are with Sonia and her family.

I believe the court is already lenient, they said maximum punishment is life-imprisonment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Jemex003: 8:02pm On May 05, 2023
Mrfixiit:
It's very painful I must say

Meanwhile a drug lord can never be my president God forbid

He will and if you do anyhow you will end up like her father
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by jaxxy(m): 8:03pm On May 05, 2023
I'm sure if they had put up an ad for help some people would have come up to help them rather than the foolish deceptive boy they tried to bribe and take advantage of.
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Trustedpronet: 8:03pm On May 05, 2023
UK should investigate all Transplant of kidney in the past 20years...sure this is not the first case.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by 1Sharon(f): 8:04pm On May 05, 2023
This chick is playing the victim.

Sis, you're an accomplice, you could have talked your parents out of it or said you wanted no parts.

You get no sympathy from me.

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Mrfixiit: 8:05pm On May 05, 2023
olas24u:

you know with more educated women in the east ,you know the result?

have you ever in your life read about the case in america?i can bet you have never read the charges before and you dont know the out comes. Only reciting chorus , like all the old stories you have in your brains .if you reply i will write about the consequences of a population that is skewed interms of education towards women and men coming to lagos to sell okirika and spare part
Your poorly put words mean nothing to me. Only brain dead youths will mobilize to enthrone a drug baron to rule over them. Have you ever pondered how it will batter Nigeria's image overseas if the drug baron enters Aso rock ? I guess you're still a struggling guy who has no child yet so we're not in the same category bro. Sell those words of yours to your type okay
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by obaidan: 8:05pm On May 05, 2023
tete7000:
Such a very touching story. Its hard to imagine what it means to fall from grace to grass, to go from a highly exalted position to prison, father and mother. I hope the family can pick one or two lessons from this and ride on it to move on.
Grace to grass....at least they experienced grace at some point. Some have been doing b grass to grass because the likes of ekweremadu have cornered the resources meant for all to take care of Sonia and her siblings.
In any case, these people amass so much....they are so far from grass....privileged Nigerians still writing letters to the UK to temper justice with mercy, that's not someone on grass level yet. Don't be surprised he will come back from prison and be given governorship ticket

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Angelfrost(m): 8:06pm On May 05, 2023
obaidan:

Very foolish people..they deserve whatever the politicians are putting them through...

I'm telling you...!
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by ibkayee(f): 8:06pm On May 05, 2023
So she’s a grown woman? Why did I think she was like 10

1 Like

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Mrfixiit: 8:07pm On May 05, 2023
Jemex003:

He will and if you do anyhow you will end up like her father
Crack head go meet your kinds at the motor parks and quote me no more
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by obaidan: 8:08pm On May 05, 2023
1Sharon:
This chick is playing the victim.

Sis, you're an accomplice, you could have talked your parents out of it or said you wanted no parts.

You get no sympathy from me.
No mind am...they asked her if she was aware the boy they brought to uk was presented as her cousin she dey give diplomatic response..the interview dey remind me of Tiwa savage interview that year

1 Like

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:09pm On May 05, 2023
God1000:
This is touching, your parents love you, they didn't want you to die but they did it in the wrong way.

I pray she gets a good Samaritan kidney donor soon.

UK isn't Nigeria where you do things anyhow and go scot-free.

Our corrupt and wicked politicians should learn from this and build good hospitals in Nigeria

It is very hard to pity naija politicians and their families because of what they've done to this country

How did you know that boy didn't lie?
That has plan. God will judge him
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Nchenches: 8:11pm On May 05, 2023
The sick daughter ought to have been a strong mitigating factor in the sentencing of her parents. It's like now: daughter go and take care of yourself or die off before your parents finish their sentences.
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by 1Sharon(f): 8:12pm On May 05, 2023
mysticwarrior:
You did nothing wrong, your parents were just being stupid.

She did nothing to stop it.

Notice how she started stuttering when the interviewer asked her if she knew anything about the man being portrayed as her cousin?

She is complicit.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Johnn74: 8:12pm On May 05, 2023
embarassed
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Regie2bless: 8:13pm On May 05, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWIW0qyJx2Q

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/articles/cmj7lrgy3m7o?at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_medium=social&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_link_origin=BBC_News_Pidgin&at_link_type=web_link&at_link_id=C4A41A00-EB4C-11ED-9373-1F2E7F934D9D&at_campaign_type=owned&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_format=link
a good 5 million dollars can build a dialysis center with the state of the act facilities, a money ur father can easily cough out without going to the bank but greediness and wickedness will not allow him do so, 70% of the doctors in UK are Nigerians just build this hospital and your problem will be solved without going though the stress of travelling abroad. But it seems ur family are too comfortable travelling abroad for treatment, so the common man in his constituency can die of kidney failure for all he cares.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by olas24u(f): 8:13pm On May 05, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Your poorly put words mean nothing to me. Only brain dead youths will mobilize to enthrone a drug baron to rule over them. Have you ever pondered how it will batter Nigeria's image overseas if the drug baron enters Aso rock ? I guess you're still a struggling guy who has no child yet so we're not in the same category bro. Sell those words of yours to your type okay

was awolowo a drug baron?why did you not vote for him? Do you know what the generation before you called Awolowo? Do you know what the generation before you called abiola?if you are not thinking like your parents you wont be writing trash ,the igbo people caused more harm to the image of Nigeria than any other tribes in the whole of nigeria.you value crime and its part of your culture. The first 419 in the history of Nigeria was in the east when the English selected chiefs ,they went into the villages to deceive the people using the white men,s name to deceive their people.to collect money ,sleep with women etc.from india ,pakistan,brazil,argentina,peru,chile,nepal cambodia ,the jails have igbos in them with sprinkles of other ethnic groups.so tell me who is damaging the image of nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:14pm On May 05, 2023
fuckJones:

A UK deportee can never be my president too

The day obi will go to uk i wonder what u will say
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by 1Sharon(f): 8:14pm On May 05, 2023
obaidan:

No mind am...they asked her if she was aware the boy they brought to uk was presented as her cousin she dey give diplomatic response..the interview dey remind me of Tiwa savage interview that year

She started stuttering lol

Wicked ppl all of them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Delivers Card And Flower To President Buhari In London. Photos / Image Of Infrastructure Used To Campaign For Tinubu From Indonesia - Daily Trust / Buhari Threatens Niger Delta Militants, Says Defeating Them Won’t Be Tough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.