Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised (37275 Views)

Your Call For Reconciliation Smacks Of Hypocrisy, Atiku Hits Tinubu / Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Otedola, Duke, Imoukhuede Meet Peter Obi (Photo) / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by kayjay69(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2023
Soyinka is nothing but a cornman. His relationship and affiliation to Tinubu and the APC is well documented. Now I do not begrudge him on this, however he cannot pretend he is some type of unbiased conscionable observer.

His generation are wholly to blame for the rut we find ourselves in as a country. At the very least, he owes us his silence not unguided and silly comments targeted towards the young men and women who are clamouring for a better country through the means they know how.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by JOemmy(m): 3:24pm On May 09, 2023
Are all these tongue twisting grammar for the nigeria public to digest or for the literature class in the university?
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Karnice600: 4:04pm On May 09, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Prove he recommended Buhari to the youths.

Go on, let's see what fountain of binary-thinking you draw your inspiration from.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/wole-soyinka-muhammadu-buhari-lagos-nobel-people-b1948549.html
(see 7th or 8th paragraph)

https://punchng.com/stop-supporting-buhari-group-tells-soyinka/

https://thenationonlineng.net/soyinka-nigerians-must-forgive-buharis-past-2/

Take note after 2015 he still came up again to show his soft spot for Buhari, trying to appeal to Yorubas with June 12 democracy day excuse.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/06/12/i-accept-buharis-apology-on-behalf-of-nigerians-says-soyinka/

You may feel free to read those articles upside down and come back here to attack me with his same sentiments, but I'll ignore you.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Arielle: 4:20pm On May 09, 2023
onumadu:
BTW I'm beginning to think that Peter Obi is a saint, and Nigeria does not need a saint to become president.
What Nigeria really needs is a satanic rogue who will deal ruthlessly with Nigerians, to force them to remember God.
Imagine Peter Obi apologizing on behalf of people who were raped by the Nigerian system; people who have genuine angst at the raping system.
I dunno.
It seems to me that before you become the head of the jungle, you must be a lion.
You're right. Someone needs to advice Peter Obi. Maybe he thinks dealing with Nigerian politicians is like having tea with the queen.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by zomby(m): 4:28pm On May 09, 2023
Jomonix:

You can see why it can never be a privilege. Respect is earned and learning alone doesn't qualify one for it. The worst scoundrels also have high learning. I only blame Obi who imagines that he can mitigate hatred by behaving well.
You guys are known to hate everything and respect nothing, including yourselves. So, what exactly do you or your people know about respect?
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by IBENUALHASSAN(m): 4:53pm On May 09, 2023
I have no doubt in my that mind that Peter Obi is a fine gentle man,I hope people like Rufai Oseni of the Arise tv and Chima Amanda will take a big bite from this development and learn some manners.
If they think money can save them when there's crises,then they should think again.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by DaddyJapan(m): 5:07pm On May 09, 2023
Karnice600:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/wole-soyinka-muhammadu-buhari-lagos-nobel-people-b1948549.html
(see 7th or 8th paragraph)

https://punchng.com/stop-supporting-buhari-group-tells-soyinka/

https://thenationonlineng.net/soyinka-nigerians-must-forgive-buharis-past-2/

Take note after 2015 he still came up again to show his soft spot for Buhari, trying to appeal to Yorubas with June 12 democracy day excuse.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/06/12/i-accept-buharis-apology-on-behalf-of-nigerians-says-soyinka/

You may feel free to read those articles upside down and come back here to attack me with his same sentiments, but I'll ignore you.

I tracked everything that moved in 2015 and, while I know he categorically rejected Jonathan, there was no ringing endorsement of Buhari.
None.

All such attributions are fabrications by faceless, often self-appointed agents of deception, and should be publicly pilloried,” Mr Soyinka had said in a statement in January 2015.

“Whenever I choose to declare support for a candidate – as is my electoral right – I shall ensure that I deploy a medium that places my authorship beyond dispute. Internet habitues, Social networks, etc are urged to be less gullible, and avoid becoming cheap conduits for the deception industry.
Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/522419-updated-what-i-said-about-voting-buhari-in-2015-soyinka.html

Contrary to the view binary-thinkers + BATistas/Obedients like to assert, he has not endorsed Tinubu either.

The problem with our public intellectual space is that the intolerants on all sides - possibly including you too - prefer the most banal form of reductionism!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by vikstandon(m): 5:34pm On May 09, 2023
Why can't you speak in plain language... So many talk talk, but few connects.

John Maxwell would say in his book "Everyone communicate, Few connects."

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Orinechi: 5:36pm On May 09, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
But when you take a look at the sort of insults Soyinka gave to Jonathan it's not really a nice sight either. I don't remember anyone even asking him to offer any apology and neither has he. How he forgot that this is now the way it is now is surprising. He fails to see that the people throwing these nasty insults are standing on the same pedestal he stood.
U and this Jonathaneeee. Were u his SPA on insult Matters.The last time i checked, Jonathan has moved on ,
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Orinechi: 5:40pm On May 09, 2023
onuman:
Apologies for what? Apologies for your support for Buhari as president, and now your support for Tinubu for president.

You lamented over the bad fate of your generation of Nigerians; and still on the march to bequeath a worse spectacle for the generations of Nigerians after you.
Apologies my foot.
So Obi is our generarion's saviour right?
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Orinechi: 5:41pm On May 09, 2023
onuman:
Apologies for what? Apologies for your support for Buhari as president, and now your support for Tinubu for president.

You lamented over the bad fate of your generation of Nigerians; and still on the march to bequeath a worse spectacle for the generations of Nigerians after you.
Apologies my foot.
So Obi is the saviour right?
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Sammy5413(m): 6:59pm On May 09, 2023
Lying politicians still dey learn work for where this clown dey
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by broadman20: 7:18pm On May 09, 2023
plaindealer:

This is the most damaging, sad and embarrassing part of the Professor's takedown, Peter Obi's political party and identity is the term obidient, obi is the head and the leader of the obidient mob, so for the Professor to categorically assert that he's unable to relate to something as obedient and the obedient family, the so-called fascist mob says more than a lot about Obi himself and the kind of people he leads.

Sometimes I really do feel sorry for this obi man, as a politician and a presidential candidate in Nigeria, you need a strong support base, but he's so unlucky that his support base is toxic people, intolerant bigots, and utter fascists that he can nor run away from or criticize or even beg to stop attacking, insulting and bullying opponents, the so-called obidient mob are his only base and if I might add, many of them are ipob sympathizers, another reason why Obi till today won't say anything against Igbos and this is another reason why the professor can not relate to the so-called obidient and obi himself, their leader.

The professor is not dumb or clueless to the fact that Obi sat quietly and did not say a word or even caution his fascist mob sto stop attacking, abusing and insulting the professor, he sat back and enjoyed every minute of it, now the coward and circus clown visited the professor as if nothing happened.

Obi is a very dishonest, untrustworthy and manipulating scum and I'm glad the professor called him out and his fascist obidients.

Yoruba people nawaooo!

Those who called you people a SNAKE and SLIPPERY individuals must have lived with you people for ages.

How can a supporter of Tinubu the lie telling machine call another man a lier.

A man who lies about everything about him.

His background is lies

His youthful age is lies

His primary and secondary school certificate lies

His parents lies

His classmates lies

His business life lies

His drug business lies.

Please shut up and stop insulting us by calling anybody a lier in Nigeria.

Your Jagaban is a BIG LIES PERSONIFIED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by mallamu: 8:28pm On May 09, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
He apologized? Obi is such a humble and a good man. This is why APC gangs are exploiting him. Who will apologize for all Tinubu misyarn concerning Obi? He even said he doesn't want anyone to mention Obi in his presence.

As for we OBIDIENTS, no iota of apology will be given. May any apology from my mouth meet a fatal accident before it gets to any ear grin grin grin cheesy

Apology ke. Soyinka you are really messing up. I understand old age is impacting you already. We respected you but you messed up big time. How can an erudite professor go to discuss Datti Ahmed statement without saying anything about Tinubu Drug case? Is he happy to have a drug lord as president? Noooo nah.

Soyinka learn to behave well if you must earn my respect.
Well spoken bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by aalangel(f): 8:53pm On May 09, 2023
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by shonepa(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2023
Seriously i have 0% respect for u. Imagine saying soyinka messed up.

What do u expect him to say about one drug case? Em be judiciary nii.

Obi go snap pictures to let una know hes not part of the cult calling dem selves Obidient.

SpecialAdviser:
He apologized? Obi is such a humble and a good man. This is why APC gangs are exploiting him. Who will apologize for all Tinubu misyarn concerning Obi? He even said he doesn't want anyone to mention Obi in his presence.

As for we OBIDIENTS, no iota of apology will be given. May any apology from my mouth meet a fatal accident before it gets to any ear grin grin grin cheesy

Apology ke. Soyinka you are really messing up. I understand old age is impacting you already. We respected you but you messed up big time. How can an erudite professor go to discuss Datti Ahmed statement without saying anything about Tinubu Drug case? Is he happy to have a drug lord as president? Noooo nah.

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Corto: 9:37pm On May 09, 2023
zomby:

If you guys were blessed with an icon like Wole Soyinka, maybe you pigs wouldn't be this senseless? Think about it.

You, you're worse than a pig, you're the product of a dog mated with a Fulani goat

Shít-eater
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2023
shonepa:
Seriously i have 0% respect for u. Imagine saying soyinka messed up.

What do u expect him to say about one drug case? Em be judiciary nii.

Obi go snap pictures to let una know hes not part of the cult calling dem selves Obidient.

Lol. He went to TV station to discuss DATTI at a time when INEC conducted a fraudulent election going against their result upload promise to declare a candidate with drug case winner despite spending billions. If it were Ghani Fawemmi would he have done that?
We understand what is driving you guys interest sha. You are the reason why the country keep sinking. Same way you hailed Buhari through out 8 years. Una shame dey shame us aswear. No wonder Tinubu refused speaking to any media house on his plans for Nigeria. He knows once tribe is involved, you guys reasoning goes off. Lol

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by shonepa(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2023
The two old.......

nairavsdollars:
This old baba sef...
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by shonepa(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2023
Doggy dog, no reason this man legacy with politics......ur fellow suppose reason ur matta.

Okiton:
sad
Prof don dae do something wey I no like
As a noble man under noble the NAS association I always hold him in esteem, but now he has continue to derailed from the lay down principles of our forgone terrors. He traded his respect as a Capone all because of his affiliation with a particular well known Chicago drug kingpin.

To all rugged aboard odas is odas
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by shonepa(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2023
After una Obidients try enta Femi Kuti about em not been Obitient, it shows how ur reasoning mentality be. This same Obi go show face.

Now Wole Soyinka, same format.

Una no reason say dis man dey disassociate em self and em associate from obidients.

Make una check and balance am

onumadu:

Prof e don do.

Peter Obi is a good man to bother to make the trip to you.
He didn't have to.
Let's leave it there, and move on.
Your complex English grammar here is most unnecessary.
Move on already. cool
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by VULCAN(m): 12:00am On May 10, 2023
The gentleman that asked him to stand up from his seat on the airplane had identified who Soyinka had become.

He bears no moral resemblance to the Soyinka of his youth

SpecialAdviser:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Draslo(m): 12:21am On May 10, 2023
OAFMods:
The prof wan use English destroy your Igbotic dull head 😂😂😂😂
🤣🤣🤣
I swear! E pain am say e no fit comprehend.
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by slimsucre: 7:38am On May 10, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
he should take his saintship to rule biafra

Shameless cultist

You mean the cult founded by Wole Soyinka ?
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by shonepa(m): 7:46am On May 10, 2023
When i see people make comments like dis its heart breaking. Is Soyinka a lawyer to talk about the drug case?

Gani is irrelevant in dis discussion; Hes dead

What Soyinka said about Datti's interview is on point, i keep repeating it; Datti' interview with Arise re different with that of Channels.

Did i even mention Buhari or anything tribe, lets be focused.

And u get mind talk say we are the ones sinking the country. Oga u know even fit stay on point,

The article is about Soyinka and Obi and here u are making sensless arguement.

Imaging........what if bla bla bla............ Oga FOCUS

SpecialAdviser:

Lol. He went to TV station to discuss DATTI at a time when INEC conducted a fraudulent election going against their result upload promise to declare a candidate with drug case winner despite spending billions. If it were Ghani Fawemmi would he have done that?
We understand what is driving you guys interest sha. You are the reason why the country keep sinking. Same way you hailed Buhari through out 8 years. Una shame dey shame us aswear. No wonder Tinubu refused speaking to any media house on his plans for Nigeria. He knows once tribe is involved, you guys reasoning goes off. Lol
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by shonepa(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2023
Evidence pls;? no just cum dey insult the man becos em no gree with una beliefs.

Na why the man talk say una the behave like a fascist.

kayjay69:
Soyinka is nothing but a cornman. His relationship and affiliation to Tinubu and the APC is well documented. Now I do not begrudge him on this, however he cannot pretend he is some type of unbiased conscionable observer.

His generation are wholly to blame for the rut we find ourselves in as a country. At the very least, he owes us his silence not unguided and silly comments targeted towards the young men and women who are clamouring for a better country through the means they know how.
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Jomonix: 8:04am On May 10, 2023
zomby:

You guys are known to hate everything and respect nothing, including yourselves. So, what exactly do you or your people know about respect?

As you point your forefinger in accusation there are four other fingers pointing back at you. An independent observer knows where natural bigotry resides in Nigeria. In Nigeria we all know who the free beds are and those burdened by conservative attitudes. Those scared by even their shadow.
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Jennymine(f): 3:33pm On May 10, 2023
Draslo:

Someone you didn't know much about before 2022.
Yes, I'm glad to have known him.
Mind your business
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Jennymine(f): 3:37pm On May 10, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Maybe u shud apply to work for him, a position to be licking his a$$ whenever he poo
Seems that's your family Job
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:47pm On May 10, 2023
Are u juz waking up from ur miserable slumber
Jennymine:

Seems that's your family Job
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by kayjay69(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2023
There is a video during one of Tinubu's symposiums where Soyinka himself said Tinubu and himself went into business together to import rice from Taiwan.

Soyinka's son served as Commissioner for Health in Ogun State. Soyinka is known to be paid by the Ogun state government in some capacity.

Unless these do not convince you nothing else will.
shonepa:
Evidence pls;? no just cum dey insult the man becos em no gree with una beliefs.

Na why the man talk say una the behave like a fascist.

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by shonepa(m): 8:35pm On May 10, 2023
And what did you learn from the symposium? The whole business thing btw them was to raise fund for NADECO, the fight democracy in Nigeria simple......Argue with facts

Soyinka' served as commissioner of health in Ogun state.....did he serve as commissioner in Lagos or Ekiti? Hes from Ogun state. To rubish your claim, he was a consult for the UN and CIDA , he spent three years at the WHO country office as the Health Promotion Officer. Argue with facts.

Lastly Ogun state paying Soyinka, i have no concrete evidence on it, so i rest my case.

Oga i have just countered your evidence......talk anoda one.

kayjay69:
There is a video during one of Tinubu's symposiums where Soyinka himself said Tinubu and himself went into business together to import rice from Taiwan.

Soyinka's son served as Commissioner for Health in Ogun State. Soyinka is known to be paid by the Ogun state government in some capacity.

Unless these do not convince you nothing else will.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Visits Maritime University Site Today / I Can’t See Anything, I Can’t Read, Graduate Tells Akwa Ibom Tribunal / Fani Kayode Blasts Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.