Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Has Nairaland Helped You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Has Nairaland Helped You? (13849 Views)

What Great Lesson Has Nairaland Taught You / How Has NL Helped You? / In What Way Have Nairaland Helped You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Truthsoldier(m): 11:59am On May 10, 2023
How has Nairaland helped you? in all areas I meant

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:09pm On May 10, 2023
lipsrsealed
I don't know about y'all,but the truth is that nairaland has really helped me so much since 2019 when I officially joined..

Modified:::: Nairaland has taught me how to tolerate troublemakers,that is,if not for the tolerance that nairaland has taught me,I for dey exchange punches with passengers steadily because of their foul mouth especially when they board my keke angry. .... Secondly,it has saved me from depression alot of time, especially during the times when I was jobless......Also, I've equally met alot of good pals from here.....Ones who have really impacted me positively.....I don't wanna mention any name,but truly truly through nairaland I realized that Nigerians are generally good people, irrespective of the tribal bashing which we've found ourselves in..

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Natbrowny: 12:11pm On May 10, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I don't know about y'all,but the truth is that nairaland has really helped me so much since 2019 when I officially joined..

How? that's d question

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Natbrowny: 12:12pm On May 10, 2023
Thought me how to handle a troll as well as become one.

No cappings grin

22 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by adeoyekay(m): 12:12pm On May 10, 2023
Truthsoldier:
How has Nairaland helped you?
in all areas I meant
keeping me updated

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 10, 2023
It has helped me to defend myself and also learn to make trouble as well. I must not always be on the defensive side, at least let me sef be the trouble maker

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Exc2000: 12:15pm On May 10, 2023
How to make some miscreants cry non-stop

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by vincenteger: 12:28pm On May 10, 2023
Has been helpful with knowledge from different personal in aspect of education, politics, family/relationship, travel, literature and many more. I also love those Friday post about the things of the Muslim too; though not a Muslim.

But of recent the forum has been filled with tribal war, children of hate and all of that. These things for quite sometime has been having a negative impact on me and I know it also does to other.
Evil communication corrupt good manners and it's one thing we must learn to reduce or rather stop.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by internationalman(m): 12:44pm On May 10, 2023
It has helped me to know more about traveling so much so that I don't need a travel agent for anything..

Many Nairalanders in diaspora in travel section have thought me many things that I would have struggled to learn by experience for years when I arrive Abroad..

I'm not saying it's going to be a smooth sailing all through but it's definitely not going to be difficult because of the few things I know that Nairalanders thought me before hand.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by vokon2555(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2023
Naira land has helped me in different ways since I discovered the site.
First : I was heart broken, when I opened naira land. I read tones of articles that consoles me.
When am bored. I got helped here.
In legit news. I got them all here.
Gist. I got them all here.
Numerous to mention.
Thanks so much for this site
With this site. I don't have opera mini on my phone..
Thanks in all.πŸ™

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by siofra(f): 4:57pm On May 10, 2023
By revealing the cowardice and hypocrisy of Nigerian men.

angry

8 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 10, 2023
I won 5 million dollars here grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Shadysen: 5:04pm On May 10, 2023
This forum opend my eyes to knows things i was unware of, i like religious and relationship section and i hate anything concerning politics.

4 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Jesterinjay: 5:10pm On May 10, 2023
Knowledge despite the bashing, bigotry,foul mouthed fellows
Comic relief
Amazing fellows
Thanks nairaland

3 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by PerfectStranger(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2023
Ok let me give it a try...

I've been having several job interview invitations in Lagos but can't make it coz of my location (Akwa ibom)
Any good person here who's got space should accommodate me for awhile,I'll abide by your house rules I promise, the moment I secure a job I'll move out or probably get my place,thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Shadysen: 5:16pm On May 10, 2023
This forum opend my eyes to knows things i was unware of, i like religious and relationship section and i hate anything concerning politics, i really detest politicians.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Westchester(m): 5:20pm On May 10, 2023
It has made me become a hardcore bigot undecided

11 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by pansophist(m): 5:28pm On May 10, 2023
I'll say that Nairaland made me a better writer. To write here almost every week, for the last nine years, is a sure way to sharpen your usage of words, usage of analogies, and nuances.

Also reading almost every week helps in listening and writing better, since everyone has their own idiolects, reading from everyone makes you know how to write complex and laser-sharp stuff.

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Autobot05: 6:10pm On May 10, 2023
Enlightened me very well in some life matters .. and other lil ways ( tech market, politics, crime , literature sections)

4 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Sweetvie: 8:33pm On May 10, 2023
Nairaland has taught me how to tolerate some trolls. And I met some really nice people here too.

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by gentility411(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2023
Nairaland has been personally helpful to me. I remembered when an Op posted he was to give ₦5k to about 10 genuine random people in need. And, before the almighty, i had a job interview in a nearby state without a penny on me.
I dropped my bank details on dat thread explaining my plight. Funny tho that same evening i got a credit alert of ₦5k from d Op dat same evening. Tho i cant remember the Op name again i remain forever greatful to him.
On a funny twist, i passed d job interview but declined d offer due to lack of accomodation and distance issue to my place

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Streetmovement(m): 9:21pm On May 10, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I joined nairaland to test my patience in handling online trolls so that when I become a celebrity I will not be prone to answering every tom and dick that throws their frustration on my success instead of focusing on their own problems, although I've always been a silent individual with no form of engagement with both offline and online trolls, but I only wanted
to test myself more and so far it's been going good.

I love the chase cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Liyastitches(f): 9:49pm On May 10, 2023
I use nairaland forum to relieve stress from work.

Since, I've joined this forum my perception of life have changed because there are people here, that God use to inspire me.

There are some moniker that I'm always looking forward to see their post,even though they don't know me.

This forum is educative, entertaining,intriguing and lively.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by BRIMBRAM: 10:34pm On May 10, 2023
Pocohantas is the only person that I know that has benefited so much from Nairaland

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Curtisaxel10: 11:41pm On May 10, 2023
Got my first job here on Nairaland. Got several contracts here since then. All I can say is, if you position yourself well, you can find life-changing opportunities here. I am a living witness till tomorrow.

Don't ask me which section. What worked for me may not work for you.

PS: I got some Ashawo contacts here too. I am also grateful for thatπŸ™‚

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Freelancerr(m): 6:15am On May 11, 2023
We dey get daily update for here.
I don get data entry job for here once.
Na the help naira land don do for me.

Check my signature you go see more.
I do data entry related jobs

πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Maxxim: 11:35am On May 11, 2023
pansophist:
I'll say that nairaland made me a better writer. To write here almost every week, for the last nine years, is a sure way to sharpen your usage of words, usage of analogies, and nuances.

Also reading almost every week helps in listening and writing better, since everyone have their own idiolects, reading from everyone makes you know how to write comoplex stuff and laser sharp analogies.

I actually learned from the way you write πŸ˜…

8 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Danisaint112(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2023
Nairaland brought out the cheetah in me grin Like I now stand for converse with me in sane manner here and I do same. Go wide and I treat your madness.

It also made me to learn about Nigeria history more and
how to shame people with it.

It taught me how to handle troublemakers in real life.

Lastly It taught me that majority of people in Nigeria are Ignorant.

7 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by kelspinall(m): 12:55pm On May 11, 2023
taught about life, relationship games and nonsense,bad-mouthing,trolls and last the fun here is crazy...been viewing nairaland since 2015 shaa..

the redpillers(the sigmas)- this guys are eye openers about how guys are being manipulated and get played through relationship..

they're the squad with fire and brimstone .. don't make them angry ooo...they will come after you i love those guys....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by lavylilly: 1:28pm On May 11, 2023
The problem with Nairaland is that mods don't listen to suggestions. Check well, since that 2013 you joined, has anything changed about the forum? There was a time they came up with Nairaland app on play store, it was just trashy rubbish. Nairaland is not built well enough to meet people for date or relationship, though it happens at a very minimal level but not like other social forum. There's no chat room, no pictures or videos or story display. Even the smileys alone are so archaic, only God knows when it has been like that. If you made a post and you want to delete it having realized it's not proper enough, once it has been quoted, there's nothing you can do anymore except maybe to report the quoter. Is baning a quoter good enough?

Agreed they censor some vulgar words but there are some words in medical and literal terms that are left uncensored probably cus they have clear meanings but they're not evenly considered. E g dicck is censored as joystick. Pusssy as kittycat. But vagina is left as it is.. that's ok. So why is pennis not left as it is too. Why censor pennis that has d same acceptable value as vagina. The forum is just too infested with Nigerian cultural/political way of life of remaining at one spot and the followers can't protest or do anything about it.

32 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? / Meet South Sudan’s Current Minister For Water Resources And Irrigation (photos) / Nairaland Christmas Shoutout Train{wish Your Crush,friends And Family Here}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.