Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today (41729 Views)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Beolly(m): 12:11pm On May 19, 2023
[quote author=Gospel2Day post=123232828][/quote]
I'm more of a Christian than you.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by LaJoe2: 12:14pm On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:
So today I had to call my resident pastor to order.

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves....

My brother! i see the purity of your heart, but i have to tell you the Truth regardless, before you make complaints about your so-called Pastor, i have to address it fundamentally. You are not in a true Church because GOD has not and has never called a woman to preach or teach nor to usurp authority over a man (1 Tim 2:12), 1st off you're being led by a False prophet/pastor/teacher not sent by GOD in the capacity of a Pastor. Then 2ndly, even if it were a male preacher or pastor, any Pastor that uses the pulpit to mock individuals personal predicaments or uses the gospel message to malign by virtue of personal information you confided in them because of your trust in them as leaders is an incompetent leader or vent out their personal grievances with Church members, is not called of GOD period.

Leave that Church and join a true Church (i recommend your follow First Church of Our LORD JESUS CHRIST on Youtube, i don't know any true Church ministry in Nigeria).

Take things gradually, but as soon as you see yourself fit to marry and take care of her, do so asap lest you fall into the sin of fornication and even end up losing value for her.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Ken4Christ: 1:02pm On May 19, 2023
Karleb:

I'm telling to shut up because your claim is baseless and have no stance in Christianity.

David Oyedpo courted his wife for 6 years for instance and their marriage is one of the most celebrated in Nigeria Christianity.

As long as you don't break the rules, the number of years in courtship is inconsequential.

The fact that your pastor doesn't like it is you and your pastors problem. So please, SHUT THE FUCCK UP!

You are entitled to your opinion. Bishop David Oyedebo is not the yardstick for standard
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

You are entitled to your opinion. Bishop David Oyedebo is not the yardstick for standard

You are also entitled to your own opinion too.

Bring out Bible verses that condemn long courtship or forever hold your peace.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Gospel2Day: 1:40pm On May 19, 2023
[quote author=Beolly post=123233159]
I'm more of a Christian than you.

It's not by mouth.
By their fruit they are known.
A Christian who rebels against and disrespects church leadership.
It reminds me of Lucifer and why he fell from heaven.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by DrDunamis(m): 1:41pm On May 19, 2023
doggedfighter:

Keep quiet,there !

Senseless talk.

See how you allowed them rob a young man like you ability to think and reason.

From your posts I can see your learning pastoring business.

Rubbish !
You'd always figure out Spiritually immature individuals from their words, cos of the abundance of the heart the mouth always speaks. Can't you make your point without insults and sounding rude?
But the Lord loves you and He'll help you too
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Blessed4sure: 2:26pm On May 19, 2023
Okay, our elder Sir, grin

I graduated in 2016 from OAU, in Osun State, and never used POS throughout.

I wouldn't know if it was popular in places like Lagos though.

Karleb:

You people are kids sha. grin

POS has been for more than 5 years and people used it very well.

I remember how popular it was in school then and I graduated in 2018.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Ken4Christ: 5:02pm On May 19, 2023
Karleb:

You are also entitled to your own opinion too.

Bring out Bible verses that condemn long courtship or forever hold your peace.

If you like, court for 20 years. It's purely your business.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Deasegun19(m): 5:19pm On May 19, 2023
Femisol:
This person no kill us with laughter grin grin

It is so common amongst people in rural areas grin

very common ooo
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 6:27pm On May 19, 2023
Blessed4sure:
Okay, our elder Sir, grin

I graduated in 2016 from OAU, in Osun State, and never used POS throughout.

I wouldn't know if it was popular in places like Lagos though.

Bro, is 2016 5 years ago? You need to grow up.

POS was popular in AAUA especially in 2018. Even student did it as the business was very fast.

Just shut it with your bad belle and get a life.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 6:29pm On May 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

If you like, court for 20 years. It's purely your business.

As it was also OP's business but you couldn't get your nose out of it, Mr holier than thou.

Stop propagating practices without biblical moral backings.

I will court for 40 years actually. tongue
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Blessed4sure: 7:52pm On May 19, 2023
Bad belle?, because it adds anything to my pocket, right?

Granted I made a mistake with the duration, but it's not your business to tell me to grow up. And there's no assurance your life is in any way better than mine.

My first comment was not even to disprove the guy's assertion. I only pointed out that the business started at least five years ago.

And I gave allowance in my first comment to you, by saying it's possible POS business could have started in Lagos by then. I was even throwing banters with you.

It's a pity many Nigerians can't have decent and intelligent conversations without being abusive. Please stay off my mentions and get a life too.

Nobody must question anything. Asking simple questions must be bad belle.
No wonder the country is like this. One begins to wonder whether na low IQ things ,or the frustrating economic situation.

Karleb:

Bro, is 2016 5 years ago? You need to grow up.

POS was popular in AAUA especially in 2018. Even student did it as the business was very fast.

Just shut it with your bad belle and get a life.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by AfonjaPriest: 8:12pm On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Once any member marries you will hear bro sososo we are waiting ooooo.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

Sometimes she goes as far as introducing a sister in the church to me.

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned
Your pastor was lucky you are not Seun Kuti or David Oyedepo. Na resounding slap she for receive from either one of them.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by AfonjaPriest: 8:13pm On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

Your pastor was lucky you are not Seun Kuti or David Oyedepo. Na resounding slap she for receive from either one of them.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by AfonjaPriest: 8:13pm On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Monday60655(m): 8:47pm On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:
I have already detected a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie
He didn't say he opened the POS business six years ago. Just read again, then try to understand him. He said he spent some years searching for a job. Then after some years of getting that job, he opened the POS business.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 8:58pm On May 19, 2023
Blessed4sure:
Bad belle?, because it adds anything to my pocket, right?

Granted I made a mistake with the duration, but it's not your business to tell me to grow up. And there's no assurance your life is in any way better than mine.

My first comment was not even to disprove the guy's assertion. I only pointed out that the business started at least five years ago.

And I gave allowance in my first comment to you, by saying it's possible POS business could have started in Lagos by then. I was even throwing banters with you.

It's a pity many Nigerians can't have decent and intelligent conversations without being abusive. Please stay off my mentions and get a life too.

Nobody must question anything. Asking simple questions must be bad belle.
No wonder the country is like this. One begins to wonder whether na low IQ things ,or the frustrating economic situation.

I don’t care whether your life is better than mine. But I hate it when people look for loop holes in stories especially when the owner of the story when is worried and needs support.

Na you dey shout low IQ and Buhari economy but you forgot were dissing him by calling 2016 five or six years ago. No lele now.

Anyway, 2016 graduate no be pikin again, no dey behave like teenagers for serious online space interactions.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Blessed4sure: 9:13pm On May 19, 2023
Never mind, dude. You have won.

But don't spend all your life on Nairaland, try to check out forums like quora and see what people's mentality is, who are not Nigerians. Perhaps you'll be able to see that asking simple questions doesn't correlate to bad belle and finding loopholes. My first comment was just to correct someone else's mistake, not even the OP's. Until you carried it on your head like gala.

I initially thought it was someone I could exchange words with, in a decent conversation.

Knowing how to calculate 2023 - 2016 is now the definition of maturity.

Oshey, calculator, wey no dey make mistake.

Karleb:

I don’t care whether your life is better than mine. But I hate it when people look for loop holes in stories especially when the owner of the story when is worried and needs support.

Na you dey shout low IQ and Buhari economy but you forgot were dissing him by calling 2016 five or six years ago. No lele now.

Anyway, 2016 graduate no be pikin again, no dey behave like teenagers for serious online space interactions.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 9:42pm On May 19, 2023
Blessed4sure:
Never mind, dude. You have won.

But don't spend all your life on Nairaland, try to check out forums like quora and see what people's mentality is, who are not Nigerians. Perhaps you'll be able to see that asking simple questions doesn't correlate to bad belle and finding loopholes. My first comment was just to correct someone else's mistake, not even the OP's. Until you carried it on your head like gala.

I initially thought it was someone I could exchange words with, in a decent conversation.

Knowing how to calculate 2023 - 2016 is now the definition of maturity.

Oshey, calculator, wey no dey make mistake.

Baba, no vex.

Na that Ken4Christtt guy provoke me, na why I probably transfer the aggression.

Ken4Christ, you sef no vex.

Make una two follow me abeg.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Blessed4sure: 9:43pm On May 19, 2023
Lol. Okay o. You sef no vex.

I will follow you.

Karleb:

Baba, no vex.

Na that Ken4Christtt guy provoke me, na why I probably transfer the aggression.

Ken4Christ, you sef no vex.

Make una two follow me abeg.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Edembasilprutus(m): 11:58pm On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
grin
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by bishopandy(m): 6:51am On May 20, 2023
Ignorance is really a disease. BecausePOS wasn't popular, does it mean he didn'tventure into it at the time? Iguessyou ate one of those that follw the band wagon
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Ohraykon: 12:32pm On May 20, 2023
sharpwriter:

You see your last phrase, "false hope givers" is very correct.... They are liars propagating non existent faith.
i dey tell you a lot of our brothers and sisters are sleeping, its just sad. Covid period was enough to expose these scammers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / UK Govt Shuts Down Tobi Adegboyega’s SPAC Nation Over £1.9 Million Fraud / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.