Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today (41740 Views)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Afonjacrusder(f): 9:03pm On May 18, 2023
Your pastor wants you to bring him a new fuckmate.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Chetas81(m): 9:06pm On May 18, 2023
Be a pastor shouldn't be permitted job this fraudsters fooling people here and there

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by flokii: 9:06pm On May 18, 2023
@OP You did the right thing.. She must be a really stvpid individual to be making such unruly jokes with your person.
Marriage is not an achievement but when you find the right partner, go ahead and tie the knots with him/her and raise families as the Lord commanded. That doesn't give any nincompoop the right to put you in an uncomfortable situation all the time.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by isabi2lof: 9:07pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:
So today I had to call my resident pastor to order.

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Once any member marries you will hear bro sososo we are waiting ooooo.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

Sometimes she goes as far as introducing a sister in the church to me.

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

Nice one bro , don't allow anybody to dash you a weapon fashioned against you , go for the one your heart cherish and seal it at your own will.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by President2001(m): 9:08pm On May 18, 2023
That's immature at part of Pastor

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by JTwelve: 9:09pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

If you're not careful na that Pastor go still dey fúck ya girl, both before and after you wife her.

And yeah! Naija 'Pastors' are bad like that!

Underestimate them at ya own peril!

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ajalawole(m): 9:09pm On May 18, 2023
anyone thati run loan with Bendigo Australia bank. I need help
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by DeShineShine(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2023
It's good to be focused. Don't be pressured to go into marriage so far your fiancée isn't ready. The future is bright for the two of you.

3 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Angelfrost(m): 9:11pm On May 18, 2023
A lot of these clergymen are so poorly exposed and badly trained...!

Well, not their fault... They merely exhibit the average Nigerian's widespread character: Irritating meddling in other people's businesses and private lives!

If you are not married: You are possessed or suffering a spiritual setback!

If you are married without kids: You are under the hold of satanic powers of barrenness!

If you resign from your job to pursue a simple yet fulfilling career: Powers from your father's Hamlet are after your destiny!

If you are fed up with an abusive union and need a divorce: The evil spirits of marital backwardness from your village are on the rampage!

If you are looking for another church to attend: You are just the seed of Satan!

Sometimes I wonder if there is a difference between some of una churches and Ogboni!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by isabi2lof: 9:12pm On May 18, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

What study again? So u wanna tell me that someone that was with him in tough times can all of a sudden bcom bad when it's time for him to reward her loyalty? Let's always try nd put ourselves nd our sisters in some of these girls' shoes b4 we give advice abeg

Abi o, help me tell them, na their type they forget woman wey suffer with them , when they make am, dem begin find wetin no loss .

I wasn't surprised about their comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by kunle75(m): 9:12pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Am with you 💯 on this one.

You have just said NO to rubbish the church throws at people.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by zedegit: 9:14pm On May 18, 2023
Kobicove:
It's good that you called him to order. People should be allowed to get married at their own pace undecided

So she don turn he for your eyes.

Go school, you say school na scam.
Now see how you disgraced your generation.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by forexprophet(m): 9:14pm On May 18, 2023
You are an idiot.... See who they are trying to help.... Mummys boy... Don't marry naah.... I bet you some body will collect her soon

Rubbish

Saviola86:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:14pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

She has never had a one on one discussion with me except via chat when she invited me for a program.

My relationship has been a private one, like very quiet, we don't post anything on social media. Only close friends and both families and neighbors know we are dating and the period we have been together.

She has attended my church several occasions before she gained admission but they thought she was just one of those invitees I try to convert to the church.

I am really a busy person and my routine is always from work to house and I sleep, Sunday after service and leaders meeting I just go straight home so many of them think I am single and not interested in a relationship.

For the resident pastor, on two occasions she has asked me on whatsapp and have told her I am in a long relationship but I don't know why she keeps making that joke or think it's not a serious relationship
That's how some ladies/women are. They are nothing but busy bodies. They even talk far more than what you posted here trust me. Moreover, As a matter of fact, were they there for you when you were completely broke flattened on the ground?

Don't follow their mouth. Continue to follow your plans.

QED

3 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Famousmoni111: 9:15pm On May 18, 2023
Good bruh I support u

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Clinghton: 9:15pm On May 18, 2023
You are on the right track, safeguard your mental health against unnecessary pressure

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ElijahIme1992(m): 9:16pm On May 18, 2023
So OP u don dey chop person daughter kpoff kpoff for almost 5 yrs, u no wan still do the needful abi? Okay we dey watch you, wen u don comot all the ingredients, u go remain wetin for which unfortunate guy, Mr man u better walk dat girl down the aisle o....

Any ways kudos for standing ur ground, but I hope the two of you dey practice a Godly relationship o.. I no wan hear "after all I did and sacrifice for him he still left me"..

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by pek(m): 9:16pm On May 18, 2023
You did well. Kudos. Don't let anyone guilt trap you into taking a hasty step.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Cassandraloius: 9:17pm On May 18, 2023
That your pastor sha, she's totally wrong for what she did, everyone has plans, just because you choose not to tell them your plan doesn't make you stupid or foolish.
If na me, dem no go see my leg again for that church, enough is enough!

Y'all know I'm not too proud to beg cry Kindly check my signature.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by seguno2: 9:18pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Bro sososo, 🤩 you have not just done well, you have done excellently well in dealing with the busybody mgbeke pastor. Make she comot eye for your matter.

5 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Pierced(f): 9:20pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:
I have already dictated a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie

Pos might not be popular but it was existing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Otiwaikuku: 9:28pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Kudos bro,it’s your life.Don’t allow anybody to dictate for you how you should plan and run your life.You are a man.Keep your eyes on the ball and don’t allow nor entertain any distraction.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Paramount01(m): 9:29pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Let me give you a brotherly advice,I was in your show few years ago,i was of your age doing well and i was also asked the same question

I thought tge man of God was putting pressure on me but the fact still remains that as a pastor you are to be committed to the growth of all your members,indeed it looks like pressure on you but she is trying to avoid you from making mistakes. A lot of girls will be even fighting over you because you are financially ready, so the pastor telling h you to get married untim knows what she is saying

Take your fincaee to her and introduced her to her then you will ssd she will quite on it.Make hale while sunshine

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by blowjohn(m): 9:31pm On May 18, 2023
Ok.

The way they mention the word billions in this country eh.

Btw Newcastle united dey in steroids o.
Trashing Brighton 4:1.

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ipobarecriminals: 9:32pm On May 18, 2023
sad
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Gospel2Day: 9:32pm On May 18, 2023
You're both emotionally weak and disrespectful to your church leader.
The question I'd like to ask you is that did you explain what you wrote above to her?
Did you inform her you plan to get married next year?
You have kept your relationship secret from your pastor and was angry they're mounting pressure on you.
What kind of a church you attend where you cannot confide your relationship affairs secrets to your pastor?
The last question I'd like to ask you is that have you been having sex with the lady you're courting?
All I can see from your write up is that you're NOT a loyal and open disciple of Christ in your local church.
Your life is too secretive that even your pastor cannot stand up for you, if people are mounting pressure on you to marry because you had explained everything going on to her.
Lastly, what kind of church appointed and ordained a woman as a pastor?
You're NOT attending a biblical New Testament local church.
You may need to recheck if you're truly born again.
I said that because you're NOT truly submissive to your church leadership.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by muheeb01(m): 9:32pm On May 18, 2023
Take your time oo don't rush in to avoid rushing out....
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by yusufmurry: 9:33pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:
I have already dictated a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie

Lie AI detector:
Paragraph 4: one lie
Paragraph 5: 2 lies
Paragraph 7: 1
P8: 3
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Hmmmmm🤔🤔
Ọdikwamma oo.. Daalu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / UK Govt Shuts Down Tobi Adegboyega’s SPAC Nation Over £1.9 Million Fraud / Meet Pastor Joshua Momodu: "A Witch Visited My House As Bat" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.