Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today (41733 Views)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 6:32am On May 19, 2023
Blessed4sure:
Take it easy before pouring out bile on others. You can simply explain.

Or are you the OP using another account?

It can be deduced from the writeup that he started the POS business about five years ago. He claimed he started the business when his fiancee who is now 25, was 20 years.

You people are kids sha. grin

POS has been for more than 5 years and people used it very well.

I remember how popular it was in school then and I graduated in 2018.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by victorVIC1(m): 6:40am On May 19, 2023
Don't ever let anyone pressure you into marriage. Marriage is a very delicate journey that you should embark on only when you are personally convinced that you are ready for it.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by HRMK: 6:41am On May 19, 2023
YOU SHOULD BE BLAMED!DO THEY KNOW YOUR GIRLFRIEND?SHOW THEM AND STATE SHE IS STILL IN SCHOOL!LOBATAN!!

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by OLOKOESHIN: 6:48am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:
I have already detected a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie
POS business is as old as your mobile phone
Tell me you leave in a typical village

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Berankis: 6:49am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:
So today I had to call my resident pastor to order.

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Once any member marries you will hear bro sososo we are waiting ooooo.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

Sometimes she goes as far as introducing a sister in the church to me.

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned
Glad you got your life figured out. As a man, there are a lot of things you will have to put up with - this is just reality and not being stupid.
I am not against you expressing your feelings about a situation but you will have to be more tolerant, most especially in marriage where all sorts of issues will come up from all sorts of places.
Take your time, continue with your plan. Be very slow to react and do a lot more to accommodate. Marriage pressure is just a fancy thing around here grin and doesn't still end after being married. It's continues with other life pursuits and pressure from people (family members, friends, neighbours and so on...)

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Paramount01(m): 6:49am On May 19, 2023
AgentGoat:

Ol boy. You must be one of that Nigerian religious puppets.

No big deal if you stop going to church, why pick offense in the gentle lady just trying to play her role? If you know you don't want concern over your case tgen stop been one of the shapard

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by pepe1: 6:52am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

Pls how do I give a million likes to this post and op?

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Nobody: 7:03am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Instead of telling what you told your pastor you are here giving us long sermon. cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Michaelobago001(m): 7:06am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
he's right,make your findings well... POS don dei those times bro
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by delpee(f): 7:12am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Thanks. My fiancee is a manager to the core, even as a student I sometimes save with her and she is diligent with money. She was the one staying in her mom's shop and also handling my POS stuff before she gained admission and she is very diligent with money.

For 6yrs I have known her and I am too sure of who I have hence I have been waiting for her to be done.

You could have told the Pastor that you have a fiancée and will marry in due course. Introducing her would have put an end to her mischief. No one should be harassed to marry.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by folake4u(f): 7:18am On May 19, 2023
Last year, my Pastor tried that nonsense talk with me and I told him I wasn't interested and he should dead that talk.

Recently, he started again but this time, telling my parents to tell me about Marriage. I was so pissed off and told them to stop that crap.

That's how some lives are ruined because of unnecessary pressure in marrying the wrong spouse.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by MechanicMike: 7:28am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

angry
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by MechanicMike: 7:29am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Bro we are confuse...u sayin Yor pastor keep yashing u under pressure?..is he gay sir?(no offenscce) angry
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Nobody: 7:29am On May 19, 2023
https://www.socialearning.org/sign-up?ref=Godson88

Earn online by doing tasks you love doing online such as liking, commenting, following,viewing, sharing, etc to earn.
NO REFERRAL NEEDED BEFORE YOU WITHDRAW
JUST 1,000 TO REGISTER AND MINIMUM WITHDRAWAL IS 1,000
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by OLULAW: 7:30am On May 19, 2023
Seagodess:
Are you guys staying clean? No sex.. no kisses no touches? If yes

No wahala. but with All UV said,,as beautiful as it is in the eyes of men.. if you doing immoral things with her..God doesn't know u.. you belong to the devil..

Absolute nonsense. OP, you better ensure you two are sexually compatible. I know guys who stupidly followed this nonsensical no sex before marriage thing only to realise that their wives are victims of FGM. Now they’re having extra marital affairs rather divorcing their spouses because having sex with their wives feels like using your penis to drill holes into a wooden plank - I’ll leave that to your imagination.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by phemmyfour: 7:34am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Go n marry. She's telling you the truth. As a youth leader without a wife, temptation from your church sisters is eminent

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Nobody: 7:34am On May 19, 2023
You did the right thing bro. If you know how many people these "pastors" have ruined their lives by gaslighting them into doing what is actually not in their interest. And by the way, congrats bro. That's a one in a million girl you've got there. Make sure you take care of her very well.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by xenten: 7:38am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Your Pastor means well. You are the one not being forthcoming. If you have a fiancee, introduce her to your Pastor. Share your plan. As you are minister in Church its important you are married because your position will be putting many ladies in dire longings and confusion.

I like the way you shut her down but give her more information about your marital plans.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by phemmyfour: 7:38am On May 19, 2023
Seagodess:
Are you guys staying clean? No sex.. no kisses no touches? If yes

No wahala. but with All UV said,,as beautiful as it is in the eyes of men.. if you doing immoral things with her..God doesn't know u.. you belong to the devil..
You didn't even address the main topic. That's judgemental spirit in action
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by BinamRex: 7:48am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me, and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

You could have simply told them that you are in a serious relationship and that you are planning to get married next year. So you are a very important member of the youth wing in your church and you've never invited your fiancee to your church? For six years, you have not invited her to your church? You have not introduced her to your pastor? Oga, you are a red flag.

When she kept taunting you about the fact that you are still single, a simple affirmation of your relationship status would have stopped all that, but you were forming Rambo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ogascomax: 8:00am On May 19, 2023
Hashabiah:
Nice one bro . Dont let any useless pastor out there shame you into that grave called marriage.

And as for settling down, it's better you study your fiancee well before committing to her.

Remember, marriage is the most important financial decision a man can ever make , and to sacrifice it on the alter of peer- pressure or sentiments isn't in your best interest at all .

I don't blame you for calling a pastor useless it's the guy that brought it up here I am blaming. I think you have some trouble growing or you have some problems on your own otherwise you won't be wrote what you did. He carefully analysed where himself and the girl are coming from you are still busy saying that he should study the girl, because she is a field of study. If you can't decipher then abusing a pastor shows your level, your mindset. You have a low IQ and low perspective for life.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Gandoki87: 8:05am On May 19, 2023
Which church u de go?
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Lvgirl: 8:09am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Give me Ur Pastor number
I wan tell her sontin
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by chccho(m): 8:14am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

You and your pastor and how u choose to address her shouldn't be our biz. Although I don't think the way u addressed her was necessary or d best. If your church is giving u stress look for another God fearing church n move on. No need to dey explain and no need for friction.
Well what do u even know!!!
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Ken4Christ: 8:20am On May 19, 2023
Karleb:

You people should STFU with this "I don't subscribe to long courtship". Leave people the hell alone.

Long courtship has been for a long time until some pastors started talking shit about and you all are following like zombies.

The disadvantages of long courtship

1. It brings down the value of the girl child especially when sex is involved. There is nothing more to see. So, you are not motivated to consummate it in marriage.

2. It exposes you to temptation especially for relationships where you made a resolution not to engage in sex. When it gets too prolonged, the temptation to break that resolution is there.

3. It leads to broken hearts when it breaks especially on the part of the lady. She feels used and it will affect her trying to get into new relationship.

4. You waste your partners time when such relationships does not consummate in marriage. I know of a lady who dated a guy for 13 years only to be dumped by him. And she is well over 40 years. How many young men want to date a lady of her age? Not too many.

5. It makes the heart sick. Delays in many things we do sometimes makes the heart sick. You keep asking, when will it happen.

So, I repeat, long courtship should be discouraged.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't know who you are want to get married to very well. This is why we always advise you to marry your friend. In other words, marry someone you have known for a long period of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by chccho(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2023
xseed:

Instead of telling what you told your pastor you are here giving us long sermon. cool cool cool cool
He's just like his talk talk pastor but him no know.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by MrDoGood(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

Since you're an investigative journalist, you should have done research before posting a comment. POS business first came into Nigeria in 2013. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was the CBN governor.
It became popular in some states around 2016/17.
Especially remote villages. Those without banks then & big shops and gas stations were already using it. Then it was difficult to get. It turned out to be tomatoes and pepper business when microfinance banks started give it out. Like Opay, palm pay etc. First bank drew a lot of attention to the POS business when they started First mobile money. Most of their bankers owned POS business and this affected the loading of ATM machine with enough cash. Some even had POS opposite banks.

Now, do your calculation and hold your peace.

You don't call someone a liar for something you know nothing about. Let's try and respect one another. Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by chccho(m): 8:24am On May 19, 2023
xenten:

Your Pastor means well. You are the one not being forthcoming. If you have a fiancee, introduce her to your Pastor. Share your plan. As you are minister in Church its important you are married because your position will be putting many ladies in dire longings and confusion.

I like the way you shut her down but give her more information about your marital plans.
The fact that your pastor doesn't know u are in a committed relationship as a minister/youth leader in church is very questionable. It means even u yourself who cautioned your pastor is also to be cautioned.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by nuamike: 8:25am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

I'm not sure he stated when he started running POS but I'm certain 6 years ago POS was a thing. Inshort it made more money for those who ventured in it compared to now. The competition now is crazy. Don't be too quick to call someone a lier. And you can't say because the popularity of POS now makes it less of a business then.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 8:26am On May 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The disadvantages of long courtship

1. It brings down the value of the girl child especially when sex is involved. There is nothing more to see. So, you are not motivated to consummate it in marriage.

2. It exposes you to temptation especially for relationships where you made a resolution not to engage in sex. When it gets too prolonged, the temptation to break that resolution is there.

3. It leads to broken hearts when it breaks especially on the part of the lady. She feels used and it will affect her trying to get into new relationship.

4. You waste your partners time when such relationships does not consummate in marriage. I know of a lady who dated a guy for 13 years only to be dumped by him. And she is well over 40 years. How many young men want to date a lady of her age? Not too many.

5. It makes the heart sick. Delays in many things we do sometimes makes the heart sick. You keep asking, when will it happen.

So, I repeat, long courtship should be discouraged.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't know who you are want to get married to very well. This is why we always advise you to marry your friend. In other words, marry someone you have known for a long period of time.

Shut the fucking up!
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by DrDunamis(m): 8:44am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Sometimes I wonder how and where you people get such audacity to act so ignorantly and dishonourable. So you're now the most high ba, see your communication too.
You cautioned your Pastor? Do you know who a Pastor is and do you know who your Pastor is to you? Well since you think you've acted in rightly or wisely in your best interest, wait and see how things turn out.
You've got plans with your girlfriend, did you inform your Pastor about the plans and she kept talking to you about getting married?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Samunique(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2023
forexprophet:
You are an idiot.... See who they are trying to help.... Mummys boy... Don't marry naah.... I bet you some body will collect her soon

Rubbish

The fact that he couldn't tell the joking Pastor all this while about his plan and the fiancee, then decided to take on the Pastor to stop what he tagged rubbish in the op, and eventually decided to bring such a sensitive matter which he ( the OP ) wants us to understand is private and personal, to a public forum like like nairaland shows one thing that, the OP is very insensitive and hypocritical.

To me I try to understand what he stands to gain from this but I see nothing, but the usual bashing, insulting and denigrating of Nigerian pastors by the nairalanders.

What happens to calling the pastor and relate to her what your plans are if you trust her enough as your resident pastor who prays and you're saying amen to her prayers ?

And if you know you do not trust her enough to confine in her, why not call her politely and discuss your displeasure with her and let it remain like that instead of subjecting your female resident pastor and some innocent Nigerian pastors to this kind of ridicule and denigration in the comment section ?

@Saviola86, hope you've gotten your likes and shares, and you're feeling heroic bcs your pastor and others having been bashed and insulted ?

Enjoy the good feeling while it lasts, but I want to tell you something that, that pastor knows what you do not know, though her approach might be wrong, the question is, will you come back to tell us on NL when the opposite happens and your pastor who's advising you to marry is vindicated??

Now that she has been insulted in the comment section, hope you're fulfilled ?

I wish you good luck !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / UK Govt Shuts Down Tobi Adegboyega’s SPAC Nation Over £1.9 Million Fraud / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.