Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today (41735 Views)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:55am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:
I have already detected a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie
WTH re you talking about? POS withdrawals and deposits have been a thing since mid 2016 as far as I remember. Might have been earlier sef but mid 2016 is what I remember.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by cayorday89(m): 8:56am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
The fact that POS was not popular does not mean that he is not one of the very few people who knew about it then.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by doggedfighter(f): 9:02am On May 19, 2023
DrDunamis:

Sometimes I wonder how and where you people get such audacity to act so ignorantly and dishonourable. So you're now the most high ba, see your communication too.
You cautioned your Pastor? Do you know who a Pastor is and do you know who your Pastor is to you? Well since you think you've acted in rightly or wisely in your best interest, wait and see how things turn out.
You've got plans with your girlfriend, did you inform your Pastor about the plans and she kept talking to you about getting married?

Keep quiet,there !

Senseless talk.

See how you allowed them rob a young man like you ability to think and reason.

From your posts I can see your learning pastoring business.

Rubbish !
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Damntruth(m): 9:12am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:
So today I had to call my resident pastor to order.

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Once any member marries you will hear bro sososo we are waiting ooooo.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

Sometimes she goes as far as introducing a sister in the church to me.

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned
Your entire mistake was bringing it to a platform like this.you have made unbelievers atheist,unrepentant diabolical people call pastors names some ordained some fake.but you have been a tool to desecrate God ordained Holy ministers.If you were led by the Holy spirit to do what you did then there is no need bringing it here .God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Samunique(m): 9:14am On May 19, 2023
SamboAnguissa:
You did the right thing bro. If you know how many people these "pastors" have ruined their lives by gaslighting them into doing what is actually not in their interest. And by the way, congrats bro. That's a one in a million girl you've got there. Make sure you take care of her very well.
Since you know so many people whose lives pastors have destroyed, can you please tell us at least 5 from that your "so many people" known personally to you which are not hearsays whose lives pastors ruined? ?
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by randymirrors(f): 9:26am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

My parents are so liberal too. Infact, I'm yet to meet anyone like my parents. From not beating us when we were kids, to allowing us freedom of movement in our young adult years, to allowing us make our own decisions... sometimes I wonder why my siblings and I are so blessed to have parents like ours.

And we're all the same.. my siblings and I. From being decent, keeping only committed relationships to being successful in our careers. Surely, my parents deserve the BEST as that is their reward. I often tell myself I'd use my parents' style of leadership and parenting in bringing up my kids.

Not only that, my parents are not toxic or greedy or the kind that complains. They've never felt entitled to anything that we have, whether materially or "intruding" on our personal space. Their level of liberalism is on another high level. I admire my parents greatly for who they are esp my dad, so much so that if I had to write about him, it would take a whole book to finish.

3 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by sharpwriter(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2023
Ohraykon:
The same yahoo pastors nacking people's wives grin naija men wise up dis bastards have brainwashed our women no wonder dey respect them more than their husbands. Since i para for my mama in front of her pastor, the guy no near me again. Even vision e no see again. These guys are just motivational speakers and false hope givers.
You see your last phrase, "false hope givers" is very correct.... They are liars propagating non existent faith.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Johncarlo07: 9:27am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

POS not popular six years ago?
How old are u?
I know two pple in my area dat has been in d POS business for close to 10 years now.

Infact I got the first POS for my wife to use in her shop in 2017 from PAGA.

U nd d 60 something pple dat liked ur ignorant post,live in a different world from ours.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Johncarlo07: 9:28am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

POS not popular six years ago?
How old are u?
I know two pple in my area dat has been in d POS business for close to 10 years now.

Infact I got the first POS for my wife to use in her shop in 2017 from PAGA.

U nd d 60 something pple dat liked ur ignorant post,live in a different world from ours.

Bunch of ignoramuses grin grin grin
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Henadih(m): 9:28am On May 19, 2023
You think the world revolves round you that anything not in your circle does not exist. Knowledge is Power. Ignorant is not just a epidemic. Dont be an Ignoramus. POS have been in operation even before that time. Casless policy together with the cash crunch made it more popular to people like you. Ok
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Seagodess(f): 9:31am On May 19, 2023
OLULAW:

Absolute nonsense. OP, you better ensure you two are sexually compatible. I know guys who stupidly followed this nonsensical no sex before marriage thing only to realise that their wives are victims of FGM. Now they’re having extra marital affairs rather divorcing their spouses because having sex with their wives feels like using your penis to drill holes into a wooden plank - I’ll leave that to your imagination.
you are not serious okay... Any sex outside marriage is a sin.. if you like paint it as you like.. the ladies that you are calling boreholes.. it guys like you that made them so.. iam not saying some girls are not promiscuous.. but marriage is not all about sex.a time is coming sex won't matter but true friendship.. so let the bed b undefiled.. or better still marry a virgin
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by doggedfighter(f): 9:36am On May 19, 2023
folake4u:
Last year, my Pastor tried that nonsense talk with me and I told him I wasn't interested and he should dead that talk.

Recently, he started again but this time, telling my parents to tell me about Marriage. I was so pissed off and told them to stop that crap.

That's how some lives are ruined because of unnecessary pressure in marrying the wrong spouse.

They even match make. grin
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by folake4u(f): 9:43am On May 19, 2023
doggedfighter:

They even match make. grin

Lmao. It's like you know. Experts in match making. 😂😂

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by AdisaOwala: 9:45am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

But why are you telling us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by randymirrors(f): 9:51am On May 19, 2023
Hashabiah:
Nice one bro . Dont let any useless pastor out there shame you into that grave called marriage.

And as for settling down, it's better you study your fiancee well before committing to her.

Remember, marriage is the most important financial decision a man can ever make , and to sacrifice it on the alter of peer- pressure or sentiments isn't in your best interest at all .

Oga, keep quiet. Did you read, don't know how to read or have brain damage? What's left for him to study about is fiancee that he hasn't already? A woman that's good to him like that you're here talking about understudying. What more does he want and he's not even complaining. He will marry her.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by randymirrors(f): 9:57am On May 19, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

What study again? So u wanna tell me that someone that was with him in tough times can all of a sudden bcom bad when it's time for him to reward her loyalty? Let's always try nd put ourselves nd our sisters in some of these girls' shoes b4 we give advice abeg

He probably didn't read the story or just a dunce. Yet what surprised me most is the number of likes his comment garnered. Makes me wonder what goes on in people's brains as the right to think they've given up.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Ken4Christ: 10:01am On May 19, 2023
Karleb:

Shut the fucking up!

You are insulting me because I backed up my point. I pity the person that will marry you. You just proved that you are not ripe for marriage.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by chi4ik4(m): 10:05am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
Not lie bro, I have been facing same bullying from my pastor for over 2 years now but I don't care. There's no love anywhere, make some cool cash before you marry, else, you will smell hell on earth from your wife. THERE IS NO LOVE ANYWHERE
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:16am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

My neighbour's brother who got married recently started his PoS business in 2016, with PAGA. And it's been 7yrs

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by charlypoker(m): 10:17am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Nice one, bro. Marriage is not what you force people into.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by IkeAbuja: 10:18am On May 19, 2023
You cautioned your pastor for telling you the truth and you came to nairaland to tell us this our generation is actually senseless because you now make 500k monthly you now feel you can talk to anybody whenever and however you want I too know Igbo people is too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by RenaissanceGuy: 10:47am On May 19, 2023
Karleb:

Shut the fucking up!
More often than not, truth is very bitter, but always a saver. Why would you just tell him to shut up without even providing a pinch of statement to counter his points? Maybe his post elicited guilt in you, but truth is truth—whether it makes you feel good or not.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 10:51am On May 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

You are insulting me because I backed up my point. I pity the person that will marry you. You just proved that you are not ripe for marriage.

I'm telling to shut up because your claim is baseless and have no stance in Christianity.

David Oyedpo courted his wife for 6 years for instance and their marriage is one of the most celebrated in Nigeria Christianity.

As long as you don't break the rules, the number of years in courtship is inconsequential.

The fact that your pastor doesn't like it is you and your pastors problem. So please, SHUT THE FUCCK UP!
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Kay25(m): 11:05am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Good one .. African mentality with their poverty stricken thinking..must u force people to marry?it's a choice and also on consideration of how well the person is prepared for it
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ebijimi7(m): 11:11am On May 19, 2023
Yours is better my own pastor I'd telling me the girl I'm currently dating is not my wife thou she has her own flaw but girl could go out of her way to make sure I'm fine na him person say make I leave her
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by dopedealer(m): 11:14am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
POS STARTED 2013 ( Roughly 10 years ago)
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by hotplate: 11:20am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Inspiring please can you reply my mail I'd like us to link up, Am also of the same age without any stable job for now but on a monthly basics i make up to 70k I'd like you to indrouduce me inro your line of business
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:23am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

6 years!
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Blue86(m): 11:26am On May 19, 2023
I really don't think she was pressuring you.

She is just being fond of you, and also care about your well being.
Or wetin concern am, if u no wan marry till you reach 60.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by SURElee(f): 11:30am On May 19, 2023
I have always said it that once anybody holds a position in church, it makes the person close to members, pastors and elders who will just talk anyhow to people in church, except you caution them.

What nonsense?
What gives her the right to always sing with your name?
To her now, those married with kids are better than you who is planning your life ahead abi?
The way some so called pastors and society members view life issues eh.

Where did Jesus ever shame anybody on their marital status in the synagogue he went preaching?

Our Nigerian pastors can do better Abeg.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Gospel2Day: 11:56am On May 19, 2023
[quote author=Beolly post=123224709]
So because he decided to attend a particular church he should open about his relationship and all his dealings to the church?

You can't understand because you're not a Christian.
He told a faceless forum a part of his life he hasn't deemed fit to tell his pastor.
I don't understand what a horrible generation of churchgoers we have these days.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Gospel2Day: 11:57am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

I expected this from you. Being a pastor doesn't give her access to my personal life.

I want to be private just like my fiancee wants. When time is right she will be introduced to it

I have told her that I am in a relationship and she should respect that and stop forcing marriage on me.

I maintain my assertion and conclusion about your spiritual condition.
You're NOT a genuine Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / UK Govt Shuts Down Tobi Adegboyega’s SPAC Nation Over £1.9 Million Fraud / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.