Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today (41739 Views)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Revolva(m): 9:37pm On May 18, 2023
Even my.parent no fit pressure me because they know how today's society is unlike their time

Everywhere don spoil even the ladies are notin to write home about

3 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by AgentGoat: 9:37pm On May 18, 2023
Paramount01:

Let me give you a brotherly advice,I was in your show few years ago,i was of your age doing well and i was also asked the same question

I thought tge man of God was putting pressure on me but the fact still remains that as a pastor you are to be committed to the growth of all your members,indeed it looks like pressure on you but she is trying to avoid you from making mistakes. A lot of girls will be even fighting over you because you are financially ready, so the pastor telling h you to get married untim knows what she is saying

Take your fincaee to her and introduced her to her then you will ssd she will quite on it.Make hale while sunshine

Saying it from tge alter and making jokes of it is advise?

You are simp?

3 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Gospel2Day: 9:39pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

She has never had a one on one discussion with me except via chat when she invited me for a program.

My relationship has been a private one, like very quiet, we don't post anything on social media. Only close friends and both families and neighbors know we are dating and the period we have been together.

She has attended my church several occasions before she gained admission but they thought she was just one of those invitees I try to convert to the church.

I am really a busy person and my routine is always from work to house and I sleep, Sunday after service and leaders meeting I just go straight home so many of them think I am single and not interested in a relationship.

For the resident pastor, on two occasions she has asked me on whatsapp and have told her I am in a long relationship but I don't know why she keeps making that joke or think it's not a serious relationship

You're an insincere and dishonest person.
So, why did you keep your relationship from your pastor, if truly it was God Who led you to your fiancée?
You don't trust your pastor enough to introduce your fiancée to him or her, and you think such a pastor can lead you to heaven?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Segzy19: 9:39pm On May 18, 2023
Ogbeni shut up jare! Mr odenson

Firstly, learn good English. It is not 'dictated' but 'detected'.

Secondly, where in the story did he mention that he started POS 6 years ago? He said he got a job of 60k initially, later 100k from which he was able to establish a POS business...

Some of you can't just comprehend and understand but you are always itching to cast aspersion on other people.

Shame! Ode oshi!

xpressionx:
I have already dictated a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by lapintoz: 9:39pm On May 18, 2023
You have truly done well. You have found the real true love. You will live a happy life. Well done for putting the business woman pastor in her place.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Paramount01(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2023
AgentGoat:

Saying it from tge alter and making jokes of it is advise?

You are simp?

It depends on your relationship with her,no big deal, I was in your shoe last year until i showed my pastor,she mean no harm except you take it personal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Mathais01(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2023
You will dey alright my brother. Pastors are seen as demigods
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by tpraiz(m): 9:41pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:
So today I had to call my resident pastor to order.

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Once any member marries you will hear bro sososo we are waiting ooooo.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

Sometimes she goes as far as introducing a sister in the church to me.

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

Bro your story is really inspiring (I mean the part where your side hustle can generate atleast 500k monthly)
I am also in similar stage as you, please can you introduce me to your line of business??
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ransomed: 9:44pm On May 18, 2023
The pastor was very observant, when do you want to settle down? You have tasted more than six sisters and you want more ? A lepidopterous leader within the fold. You will soon be exposed, mark my words . Your conscience is your judge ......
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by SeniorMan715(m): 9:45pm On May 18, 2023
Please us when una finally marry
Saviola86:

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Tompson88: 9:47pm On May 18, 2023
Societal pressure has pushed a lot of vibrant youth into early grave,once you are hardihood enough and know what's good for you,the rest is history my bro,you did well,I once experienced this in my work place, I struggled to sponsored myself in school, the journey of my life has been so slow without a notable helper, now with no reputable job,people that couldn't help my case are now clamoring for marriage although I left the work place without telling anyone but was solely due to the marriage pressure I face but I never made it known to anyone.
Saviola86:

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ofuonyebi: 9:51pm On May 18, 2023
hi bro...if many people dey hail you
make you dey look back ooo
caution they say, is the mother of lifes wisdom

that your Pastor is over exited to see you marry does not conclude that she mean evil for you
it is part of her pastoral duty to see you rise to the next level of life

all you should have done wisely, was to have a one on one and politely and humbly made known your feelings known
but to the level of your calling her useless pastor and such confrontation puts a shadow to your being born again or mere church goer

If you refuse to do introduction with the girl...who knows you may be disappointed before your appointed year if the lady meets the unexpected in school before her final year.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Kobicove(m): 9:57pm On May 18, 2023
zedegit:

So she don turn he for your eyes.

Go school, you say school na scam.
Now see how you disgraced your generation.

The most educated person in your entire extended family does not have the qualification or level of achievement I have attained!
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Olu1000: 9:59pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Nice one.Stick to the young woman who was with you when you were nothing.You dad the right thing cautioning the pastor.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by NothingDoMe: 9:59pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

You did well. I know once she finish school you go arrange her sharp sharp.

Congrats in advance.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by profmallor: 10:02pm On May 18, 2023
She just wants to poke her nose into your affairs, perhaps you have been the subject of their gossip and discussions. You did well. People must learn to be matured most especially in the house of God.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by eroticecstasy: 10:03pm On May 18, 2023
How does this childish post makes you feel now? Macho man?
6 years relationship is a thing of concern to any reasonable person. If Bleep isn't involved then you're clean, but if you're committing fornication then you're guilty.

Bunch of unbelievers!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Okhuadams(m): 10:03pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

So for cautioning your Pastor and reporting him here we should be clapping you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by eroticecstasy: 10:05pm On May 18, 2023
Gospel2Day:

You're an insincere and dishonest person.
So, why did you keep your relationship from your pastor, if truly it was God Who led you to your fiancée?
You don't trust your pastor enough to introduce your fiancée to him or her, and you think such a pastor can lead you to heaven?

Even the devil was authorized by God to torment Job.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by AgentGoat: 10:09pm On May 18, 2023
Paramount01:

It depends on your relationship with her,no big deal, I was in your shoe last year until i showed my pastor,she mean no harm except you take it personal
It's time people should learn that getting married is a private or personal matter.

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Tadeus(m): 10:10pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Well done, you have done well for yourself.

Please don't let anybody to push you to settle down.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ChuksHills(m): 10:11pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Why on earth Will you date a girl for solid six years and not marry her and you are happy and call yourself a church leader. My brother your pastor is indirectly telling you to stop fornication his not pressuring you anything.

It is very dangerous to serve God with a sinful Life. There's a reason why God delivered us see this below:

Luke 1:74-75 (KJV)

74: That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75: In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by barryjay: 10:14pm On May 18, 2023
I have read your story and can understand your plight. However from the look of things, it does appear you are yet to have some heartfelt discussions with your Pastor concerning the lady you want to marry. Secondly, you have successfully kept the lady secret. I do not think your pastor meant any harm to you, it is a way of motivating and helping you. A couple of pastors adopt this style to motivate many and trust me, the results have been outstanding.

It is a pastor who loves you that will do that. You will observe that it is not every one your pastor does that to in the entire congregation. It is because of your dedicated service and loyalty. Are you not of age to marry

Again, it is quite wrong bringing your pastor to this platform, before court of public opinion to be rubbished and insulted by people who do not understand spiritual things. You will have to watch it because this act of yours has its own far reaching implications.

Never be the one at the forefront of disdaining your pastor. At best if you don’t like his or manner of doing things, you can walk away silently without putting him or her out. Even God won’t support you there. I think you owe your pastor an apology and also God.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Uniique(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:
I have already dictated a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie

POS don dey as far back as 2016/2017.
When I was in school, throughout the whole community where I stayed, na only one man get POS business then, and him been dey cashout steady. Before other business owners followed suit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by GodisFirst: 10:17pm On May 18, 2023
Since you know you have a working plan and you are almost there, you would have continue to endure for another one year and serve them a surprise package. Maybe your pastor is seeing with her spiritual eyes that you are committing fornication.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Paramount01(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2023
AgentGoat:
It's people should learn that getting married is a private or personal matter.

Noting private to whom you called your spiritual leader,except you dont trust is ministry
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Saviola86: 10:20pm On May 18, 2023
ChuksHills:

Why on earth Will you date a girl for solid six years and not marry her and you are happy and call yourself a church leader. My brother your pastor is indirectly telling you to stop fornication his not pressuring you anything.

It is very dangerous to serve God with a sinful Life. There's a reason why God delivered us see the below:

Luke 1:74-75 (KJV)

74: That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75: In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

You seriously don't have sense
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ufuosman(m): 10:21pm On May 18, 2023
Nice one
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Saviola86: 10:22pm On May 18, 2023
Tompson88:
Societal pressure has pushed a lot of vibrant youth into early grave,once you are hardihood enough and know what's good for you,the rest is history my bro,you did well,I once experienced this in my work place, I struggled to sponsored myself in school, the journey of my life has been so slow without a notable helper, now with no reputable job,people that couldn't help my case are now clamoring for marriage although I left the work place without telling anyone but was solely due to the marriage pressure I face but I never made it known to anyone.

I just wish people will stop getting involved in other people's life. It's annoying

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / UK Govt Shuts Down Tobi Adegboyega’s SPAC Nation Over £1.9 Million Fraud / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.