Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today (41684 Views)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Obrigardo: 11:49pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:
I have already dictated a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie

All these poverty stricken nigerians under the thumb of scam ridden daddies and mommies in the Church are the braindead folks who think like this thing here.

First of all, its detected not "dictated"

And it's quite clear you did not have the brain power to read and understand his post because you just can't spell. So that's that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Ken4Christ: 11:51pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:
So today I had to call my resident pastor to order.

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Once any member marries you will hear bro sososo we are waiting ooooo.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

Sometimes she goes as far as introducing a sister in the church to me.

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

You took the right decision. But my question is, why go into a relationship when you are not ready to get married within two years of relationship?

This is where I feel you missed it.

Start a relationship when you know you are ready for marriage.

Don't think you will never meet anyone like him or her in life.

There are many people who can equally make a good partner.

I don't subscribe to long courtship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Dshocker(m): 12:16am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

Your lack of common comprehension is saddening.

Where did he say he started POS 6yrs ago?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by litaninja(m): 12:17am On May 19, 2023
or just leave the bleeping church.

Saviola86:

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by litaninja(m): 12:17am On May 19, 2023
or just leave the f0cking church.

Saviola86:

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Femisol(m): 12:27am On May 19, 2023
This person no kill us with laughter grin grin

It is so common amongst people in rural areas grin
Deasegun19:
Awon da bi mo she da...
she wants u to experience the many woes of marriage on time. lol.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by tammyf: 1:21am On May 19, 2023
The pastor is a "she"? No wonder .their trait....
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Euegene100001: 1:45am On May 19, 2023
Smart guy ! God bless you . Keep working hard you sabi
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Originalsly: 2:08am On May 19, 2023
Is the Pastor married? I doubt it... if yes ... she is the one in control.... and trying to control you. She has already .ade you the laughing stock .... that's ready established within the church and you letting her know how you feel can't change that. Most churches are about money ... and with your income you will be very important to the church. I think you should leave the church .... both you and your tithes.... let her suffer financially for her loose lips. I wish your wedding plans Ecole a reality and you both have a blissful married life.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by olibeans: 2:52am On May 19, 2023
Your God is with you.
Remain focused and happy married life in advance.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Ynix(m): 3:05am On May 19, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
Yes, even before
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Rehoboth2020(m): 3:24am On May 19, 2023
I hope you are not fornicating with her. Not really wise to tie someone down for many years and be sleeping with them when you haven't got the means to pay for her bride price.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Blessed4sure: 3:53am On May 19, 2023
Take it easy before pouring out bile on others. You can simply explain.

Or are you the OP using another account?

It can be deduced from the writeup that he started the POS business about five years ago. He claimed he started the business when his fiancee who is now 25, was 20 years.

Obrigardo:

All these poverty stricken nigerians under the thumb of scam ridden daddies and mommies in the Church are the braindead folks who think like this thing here.

First of all, its detected not "dictated"

And it's quite clear you did not have the brain power to read and understand his post because you just can't spell. So that's that.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Sammyblacky87: 4:23am On May 19, 2023
Seagodess:
Are you guys staying clean? No sex.. no kisses no touches? If yes

No wahala. but with All UV said,,as beautiful as it is in the eyes of men.. if you doing immoral things with her..God doesn't know u.. you belong to the devil..
Special Assistance to God
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by royal231(m): 4:26am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Oga give her belle first.. Test ur dick..
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Darkgini: 4:32am On May 19, 2023
It wasn't popular but people were already doing it. I would have ventured it but it's not a scalable business.

xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by PROPHETmichael: 5:03am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

My friend go and marry or you will lose that girl even though you think you have secured her and that nothing can take her away from you. You have 17 months to do the needful or else you will come back here crying.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by lomaxbien(m): 5:11am On May 19, 2023
You messed up,you waited too long to put that pastor in her place.
Nigerians like to mount unnecessary pressure on people once they clock 30years ,in fact they will begin to look at you like something is wrong or think you are irresponsible,just take your time and do it when you think you are fully ready...financially and mentally and DO NOT LET ANYONE FORCE YOU INTO MARRIAGE.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by stevups(m): 5:12am On May 19, 2023
Dindinrin. After 6years.. you are a time bomb
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by KIDfurniture(m): 5:36am On May 19, 2023
That pastor must be very stupid ! But wait observe well oh . Hope ur babe isn’t one of his side chick ? Observe well. I don’t trust pastors and women

Saviola86:

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by obaidan: 5:49am On May 19, 2023
You are good model for young boys and girls that will do whatever their pastor persuades them to do without thinking it through.
You have done really well for standing up to ur pastors unnecessary pressure. E for sweet me if u gave her a piece of ur mind in front of the whole congregation where she teases u. And leave parting shots for some of those laughing at the jokes too, ur respose to pastor will be like this --> i have to plan appropriately before marriage so that i won't become miserable and a shadow of myself in marriage LIKe some of these people laughing at me now
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Goalnaldo(m): 6:08am On May 19, 2023
Britishcoins:
Don't let anyone stress you... Make more money before you marry, I am also 31 years old... My pastor even advised me to marry before building house, I did not argue with him... He was surprised the day I called him to come and pray for my new foundation and I will soon park inside in few months..
Despite having more than enough to feed any woman but I will still invest in other untapped business opportunities here before I marry maybe at age of 33
God when?
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by zedegit: 6:10am On May 19, 2023
Kobicove:

The most educated 0erson in your entire extended family does not have the qualification or level of achievement I have attained!

Go back and collect your school fees as book no gree enter.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by AgentGoat: 6:11am On May 19, 2023
Paramount01:

Noting private to whom you called your spiritual leader,except you dont trust is ministry

Ol boy. You must one of those Nigerian religious puppet.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:14am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Bro, you did the right thing by cautioning the foolish pastor.At least you have bared your mind to her and let her know her boundaries concerning your life affairs.
Most of these useless pastors through their meddling in someone's affairs,cause unnecessary problems for the person concerned.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:19am On May 19, 2023
yusufmurry:

Lie AI detector:
Paragraph 4: one lie
Paragraph 5: 2 lies
Paragraph 7: 1
P8: 3
There are so many lies in it. They hardly give leadership positions to single persons.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by emmykk(m): 6:19am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

You earn N500K and complaining that your pastor is throwing shade at you to go and marry.
It is a good thing to marry early and it has advantage.Your pastor consistent advice and later turn mockery is because he knows that you have the resources to get married.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by UYEMDO35(m): 6:27am On May 19, 2023
I don't have time for relationship and dating. Relationship ain't my things.... It's a life bondage... I rather stay single than going into that shit holes bondage... Women are full of surprise...... My innocent father is now in bondage because of marriage... He hardly stay at home to interact with his wife

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Karleb(m): 6:27am On May 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

You took the right decision. But my question is, why go into a relationship when you are not ready to get married within two years of relationship?

This is where I feel you missed it.

Start a relationship when you know you are ready for marriage.

Don't think you will never meet anyone like him or her in life.

There are many people who can equally make a good partner.

I don't subscribe to long courtship.

You people should STFU with this "I don't subscribe to long courtship". Leave people the hell alone.

Long courtship has been for a long time until some pastors started talking shit about and you all are following like zombies.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Blitzking: 6:31am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

Some ppl no dey mind their business. Will they feed your family. You go marry finish con dey look like bong a fish. No mind them oo
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Kubin: 6:31am On May 19, 2023
Saviola86:

don't mind those pastors always setting trap for their member, they think they have right to their members private life, take your time and plan yourself very well because you go into marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.