Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Do You Regret Starting?? (26994 Views)

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss / What Business Do I Invest 8M In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by aysnoopy(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2023
grafixdon:
Bar. I lost close to 2.5m. No good staff, most of them are greedy and rude. It's been 2 months I closed the bar. Would reopen when I get someone very serious who can manage the bar for me.

Where is d location. Let me help u manage it
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 3:05pm On May 17, 2023
grafixdon:
Bar. I lost close to 2.5m. No good staff, most of them are greedy and rude. It's been 2 months I closed the bar. Would reopen when I get someone very serious who can manage the bar for me.
Where's the bar?
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Ten06(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2023
itzzkhaliii:

If I might ask why south south please?

That is where you will get the quality one in abundant
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by todugo(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2023
Emeskhalifa:
Fish business cry
Pls what happened?

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by grafixdon: 3:13pm On May 17, 2023
IyaTola:
Where's the bar?

Igando Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by imoh4king(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2023
Forex.

Lost N3million

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by grafixdon: 3:13pm On May 17, 2023
aysnoopy:

Igando Lagos

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by seanwilliam(m): 3:14pm On May 17, 2023
Olalekanbanky1:
Business is not for everyone tho
Some Pple just naturally don’t have the strength to own and manage a business.

Sorry for the losses y’all. God lift u up again
Amen
until people realize the bolded , they’ll keep on losing money.

12 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by todugo(m): 3:15pm On May 17, 2023
PoloG:
Car dealership business
What happened pls? I need advice

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by KingAzubuike(f): 3:15pm On May 17, 2023
princejones:
I lost millions in futures trading, futures trading is worst than virtual betting
How much millions exactly?
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by KingAzubuike(f): 3:16pm On May 17, 2023
Dshocker:
Lost so much millions in Forex...
Like how much
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:17pm On May 17, 2023
Tripleoluwa:
Upholstery business.. After I finished school, I knew that university certificate isn't just enough to survive this country, so I approached my friend who's in the business already to teach me how to make chairs, beds, etc..

He agreed. My plan was to ghost NYSC and spend the one year learning at his workshop. After 3 weeks orientation camp, I returned home. As I was getting down from okada like this, na my uncle I see. His tipper truck driver was drunk and left his truck in the middle of a major roundabout. Because I knew how to drive it, he pleaded that I helped him drive to offload the sand in the truck at the destination and bring the truck back home. That was how I spent the whole one year driving. That was 2014. Now I be uber driver.

Early this year, I accompanied my Upholstery friend to Ikoyi to get a contract that requires reading terms and conditions and signing some papers. The job is 1.4m naira. I com dey look myself

The thread is about a business you regret going into, not the one you missed or regret not going into.

You didn't eventually go into the proposed upholstery business, so i can't see how it fits into the topic

17 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by seanwilliam(m): 3:21pm On May 17, 2023
MISTAICEY02288:

I'm In same situation right now. I am even looking for a way to dispose off the clothes now in wholesales prices so I can quit the business finally. The business is too slow in my area and most times, I struggle to sell just 2 dresses in a month. It's that bad.

Please what happened and how did you later go about it? Did you sell off the wears or how did you get over it...
you should have done some feasibility studies before going into it. Till tomorrow, boutique business is a very lucrative business if you site it in a viable environment. Also your setup matters too.

You’re either having location problem or packaging problem

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Thurmieee: 3:21pm On May 17, 2023
grafixdon:
If your bar is in Lagos, I can manage it gainfully for you
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Dshocker(m): 3:23pm On May 17, 2023
KingAzubuike:

Like how much

I lost N10m, but i wasn't the person that traded with it....

My friend was advising me to buy twitter shares , through Bamboo, just the same week Elon Musk first said he will be making payment for twitter, but later failed to make payment.

He made N350m after investing into it, profit shut up to 35×.

9 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:28pm On May 17, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Two dresses In a month! Chai u need prayers o... cheesy

Lol na so I see am ooo

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Fireson: 3:28pm On May 17, 2023
I once lost all I had running a restaurant. Thank God I could rise again .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:30pm On May 17, 2023
seanwilliam:
you should have done some feasibility studies before going into it. Till tomorrow, boutique business is a very lucrative business if you site it in a viable environment. Also your setup matters too.

You’re either having location problem or packaging problem

Hmmm well i think I try with the packaging actually. I think I made a mistake not doing the feasibility study. I will work around improving it. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by KingAzubuike(f): 3:31pm On May 17, 2023
Dshocker:

I lost N10m, but i wasn't the person that traded with it....

My friend was advising me to buy twitter shares , through Bamboo, just the same week Elon Musk first said he will be making payment for twitter, but later failed to make payment.

He made N350m after investing into it, profit shut up to 35×.

Wow you invested 10million and lost all.. I'm sure it still hurts till date when you start thinking of better things you could have done with the money..

Secondly how much did your friend invest snd he made 350M?

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by olexjay(m): 3:32pm On May 17, 2023
Staphylococcus:

Don’t get too addicted to it. You won’t have savings
even if he doesn't have savings at least he still know what he used the money for really worth it and it will increase in value within some period of time comparing to wasting funds on irrelevant things

3 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Bjkhaleed(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2023
Tripleoluwa:
Upholstery business.. After I finished school, I knew that university certificate isn't just enough to survive this country, so I approached my friend who's in the business already to teach me how to make chairs, beds, etc..

He agreed. My plan was to ghost NYSC and spend the one year learning at his workshop. After 3 weeks orientation camp, I returned home. As I was getting down from okada like this, na my uncle I see. His tipper truck driver was drunk and left his truck in the middle of a major roundabout. Because I knew how to drive it, he pleaded that I helped him drive to offload the sand in the truck at the destination and bring the truck back home. That was how I spent the whole one year driving. That was 2014. Now I be uber driver.

Early this year, I accompanied my Upholstery friend to Ikoyi to get a contract that requires reading terms and conditions and signing some papers. The job is 1.4m naira. I com dey look myself
Senior man, abeg introduce me into that job if there is still or latter vacancy. I don tire honestly

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 3:34pm On May 17, 2023
Are you willing to sell or balance and carry, my neigbors shop landlord has given them a quit notice and she needs a shop asap
grafixdon:

Igando Lagos
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Staphylococcus: 3:36pm On May 17, 2023
olexjay:
even if he doesn't have savings at least he still know what he used the money for really worth it and it will increase in value within some period of time comparing to wasting funds on irrelevant things

You are right.

The only disadvantage I see being addicted to it is that, you will hardly have emergency funds, and real estate is a okay for the patient. Your urge will grow to extent that, you will feel like owning Earth.

And when you friend who are also fanatics, you are cooked

6 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2023
IyaTola:
What's your location? I am interested in buying them.

Location is Osogbo Osun State. We could talk on whatsapp too. Number is on signature.

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 3:37pm On May 17, 2023
shocked
Fireson:
I once lost all I had running a restaurant. Thank God I could rise again .

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by seanwilliam(m): 3:38pm On May 17, 2023
MISTAICEY02288:

Hmmm well i think I try with the packaging actually. I think I made a mistake not doing the feasibility study. I will work around improving it. Thanks

Please before going into any business, even if it will cost you money to do feasibility studies, please pay it. At the end, when the business starts booming, I swear you’ll gain your money back.

I recently started an offline business, there’s this guy in my area , he’s an illiterate but a very grounded entrepreneur . The guy made me realize that there’s different between having money and knowing exactly what to do with it.
Everything I had in mind to do would have collapsed the business. I humbled myself and followed the guy guild lines, at first I hated his style and perspective , baba at the end I succumbed and I regretted not starting the business earlier.

What I’m saying in essence is that you might have the money for the business and not have the business acumen.

Go back to drawing board, I wish you well brotherly.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by GoldenqueenC(f): 3:38pm On May 17, 2023
Bead making,gosh I spent alot to learn and start the business only for it to faze out ,beaded jewelries just stop trending .

15 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 3:42pm On May 17, 2023
Are you in Lagos?
aysnoopy:

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Lifewasgood: 3:43pm On May 17, 2023
Unisex salon, lost over 2m. A friend lost over 7m,he added a spa and located the shop at GRA.

If you can't work in a salon by yourself please don't open one cos you'll always be looking for workers and location matters a lot.

I still know someone who owns about 3 different salons and is doing well.

15 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 3:43pm On May 17, 2023
Rule 2 of business follow who know road
seanwilliam:

Please before going into any business, even if it will cost you money to do feasibility studies, please pay it. At the end, when the business starts booming, I swear you’ll gain your money back.

I recently started an offline business, there’s this guy in my area , he’s an illiterate but a very grounded entrepreneur . The guy made me realize that there’s different between having money and knowing exactly what to do with it.
Everything I had in mind to do would have collapsed the business. I humbled myself and followed the guy guild lines, at first I hated his style and perspective , baba at the end I succumbed and I regretted not starting the business earlier.

What I’m saying in essence is that you might have the money for the business and not have the business acumen.

Go back to drawing board, I wish you well brotherly.

10 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 3:44pm On May 17, 2023
Lifewasgood:
Unisex salon, lost over 2m. A friend lost over 7m,he added a spa and located the shop at GRA.

If you can't work in a salon by yourself please don't open one cos you'll always be looking for workers and location matters a lot.

I still know someone who owns about 3 different salons and is doing well.
Yes o!

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 3:45pm On May 17, 2023
grin
GoldenqueenC:
Bead making,gosh I spent alot to learn and start the business only for it to faze out ,beaded jewelries just stop trending .
NEVER go with the flow in Business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

3 Popular Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start In 2019 / Can A Customer Sue Bank For Undeposited Money Lost During Bank Robbery? / FOREX : Dealers Unable To Pick $100m Offered By CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.