Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Do You Regret Starting?? (27000 Views)

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss / What Business Do I Invest 8M In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Blake755: 5:58pm On May 17, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Lies are you trading?
U already said nah lie why asking me again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by lavylilly: 6:02pm On May 17, 2023
I know of someone that can supply you direct from south-south palm oil
Xammie001:
Ikorodu, Lagos

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by lavylilly: 6:04pm On May 17, 2023
Transport business, if you will not drive it, do not venture into it, because it ends in premium tears
Runnerzz:
Lol... Back in uni me and my cousin started some okada business. Omor these riders na we come dey pay them after some time oo. Complaints no dey ever finish from their mouth. One problem to another small thing men done gather come dey enter repairs. After smoking and thinking hard. We summon all the riders took the okada from them and made arrangements for them back to Benin. E come be like them remove skyscraper from off my shoulders. Not to mention how some silly friends made a mockery of the move 🤦🏾‍♂️

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Ekehwinz: 6:06pm On May 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Funny and Educating. I have plans to build a hotel. I lost so much money between February and April this year. I am currently praying to God that the source of income that fetched the money should not block( at least till the end of the year).

If my prayer is answered, I should be able to save 40 Milion naira between now and end of the year.

If it works, I am seriously considering building a hotel of about 20 rooms, with lounge/bar. I prefer that to building a house.

What are your thoughts?

Bro please teach me this your source of income, let me kickstart from there I plead
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:09pm On May 17, 2023
lavylilly:
What you should ask yourself first is: how much do I have to spend on absolutely essential utility bills and personnel to keep this business open and divide them to the days of operation.

Next thing to do is calculate your maintenance costs and divide them to the days of operation.

Third step is calculate your daily wage and add that to the expenses.

You add the above figures and you have yourself the amount which is the margin loss to profit line. If the hotel earns more then it is profitable, if the hotel earns less then you need to adjust the prices assuming you CAN do that.

Always check the competition, what they offer, how much they price it and find something unique to add to your product (e.g. Book 7 nights pay 6) Location is important, open your eyes on short rest because those receptionists will do about 10 SR and claim it only 2, you need to monitor the revenue most especially those that lodge at night. Be very strict an discipline too.
Lastly, manage it yourself & join the association of hotelier in your region
Rental properties comes with a lot of heachaches most especially TENANTS, UNLIKE HOTEL INCOME ARE GENERATED DAILY

Thank you. You are right.

I intend to Manage myself, I will have a room in the Hotel.

I will employ a Manager and an Accountant but I will make sure I oversee their activities as seriously as possible.

And for Location, I intend to do a very thorough feasibility study on this.

I will also cooperate well with the Police and local security in the Location.

I feel I should start working on Location now but I think I should wait till I have at least 20m savings. I just dey pray make God help me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by cayorday89(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2023
Oyindamolah:
My Landlord is a stark illiterate, but has business acumen, a man that has been in business for over 4 decades Baba Agbala gba, none of his children are working for any organisation or company
MISTAICEY02288:

Chai! While we were going to school to learn how to be graduates and work in the corporate world, these people are there learning businesses and making big money moves
One thing I have realized is that, school education makes us to understand English and give us ability to read, write and comprehend things easily but not necessarily to make business decisions at a go and be a success at it instantly especially for those of us that did not study professional courses, even those who do still have to learn on the job. Business is another ball game entirely as mistakes will be made and your education will not save you in many instances than it will save you in some.

A teacher once told us in secondary school that you are only literate in the language you are taught, the moment you get to a place where your known languages are not spoken you automatically become an illiterate and same applies to business, and funny enough most teachers are teaching because it's a plan Z for them and are not actually equipped with the actual knowledge to make students business savvy in the future.

5 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Joshuam1(m): 6:10pm On May 17, 2023
Xammie001:
Savings
where i work i use to see side money every month Then 140k outside salary so i save up to start but OLULE

thank you for the info
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 6:10pm On May 17, 2023
wink
GoldenqueenC:
lesson learnt the hardest way.

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 6:10pm On May 17, 2023
So, what do we do?
aysnoopy:

Currently not in Lagos
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 6:11pm On May 17, 2023
Noted.
grafixdon:

I still need the bar. I want to give it a second chance
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Rubyjade: 6:11pm On May 17, 2023
I want to use you that why I am asking the name of your company
Iseoluwani:

Logistics as in delivering of customers goods to customers house.

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Archtype(m): 6:18pm On May 17, 2023
Buhari's govt really dealt with Businesses...There is no much profitable business again in Nigeria. I know how much sells we do and number of goods we import prior to 2016 but not anymore

3 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Xammie001(m): 6:19pm On May 17, 2023
how boss?
is there no lesson

lavylilly:
I know of someone that can supply you direct from south-south palm oil

3 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 6:20pm On May 17, 2023
1.6m but you can go for second hand if you do not have that cash because the guy in my street is using it for his bet shop and viewing center
lizko:
Which is approximately how much if u have any idea pls.

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by akaahs(m): 6:21pm On May 17, 2023
dahunsi12:
1. Pig farming though I started with the wrong person that later duped me
2. Rabbit business I started on a very good note but disease and thefts finished the business for me
What do u meant by started with the wrong person?
Im marking out plan to mine (piggery) before d end of the year with my mother incharge with strict supervision from me.

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 6:21pm On May 17, 2023
Drop your number
Xammie001:
I'M READY OOO

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Xammie001(m): 6:22pm On May 17, 2023
o.9.o.3.o.9.9.5.8.1.7.

IyaTola:
Drop your number
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 6:22pm On May 17, 2023
Yes, them run you street for that place, trust me when I tell you, you employed rogues
grafixdon:

You know the bar, that's very correct. Agric road

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by livenija: 6:22pm On May 17, 2023
fcbelle72:

His own fool, get gray hair, and walks with ,walking stick grin
u are hot, lets start dating
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Steve0979(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2023
grafixdon:
Bar. I lost close to 2.5m. No good staff, most of them are greedy and rude. It's been 2 months I closed the bar. Would reopen when I get someone very serious who can manage the bar for me.
location pls
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 6:24pm On May 17, 2023
wink
Xammie001:
wink.5.8.1.7.

Seen

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by grafixdon: 6:26pm On May 17, 2023
IyaTola:
Yes, them run you street for that place, trust me when I tell you, you employed rogues

That means you know me very well... I know I employed rouges that's why I shut the place for my sanity. Most Nigerian are terrible.

5 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 6:27pm On May 17, 2023
wink
grafixdon:

That means you know me very well... I know I employed rouges that's why I shut the place for my sanity. Most Nigerian are terrible.
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2023
Blake755:

U already said nah lie why asking me again
Sorry
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 6:29pm On May 17, 2023
Call Udoka 08030916601 Bsc & Msc Agriculture and practicing it
akaahs:

What do u meant by started with the wrong person?
Im marking out plan to mine (piggery) before d end of the year with my mother incharge with strict supervision from me.
Has a piggery & a Farm

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by grafixdon: 6:31pm On May 17, 2023
IyaTola:
wink

Oya, identify yourself 🤓

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by TheRealOwner(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2023
Futures trading. I lost over half a million of another person's money and developed hypertension. I quit crypto last year November and my blood pressure is gradually returning to normal

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 6:33pm On May 17, 2023
When you open it, inform me.
grafixdon:

Oya, identify yourself 🤓
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 6:34pm On May 17, 2023
shocked
TheRealOwner:
Futures trading. I lost over half a million of another person's money and developed hypertension. I quit crypto last year November and my blood pressure is gradually returning to normal
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by TheRealOwner(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2023
sircrabo:
Topics Like This make Nairaland Interesting. Not Tribal Jabs everytime

We need more topics like this, not the usual politics and celebrity nonsense

6 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Savagr(m): 6:36pm On May 17, 2023
dahunsi12:
1. Pig farming though I started with the wrong person that later duped me
2. Rabbit business I started on a very good note but disease and thefts finished the business for me
Do you mind giving me tips to start a rabbit business
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by grafixdon: 6:38pm On May 17, 2023
IyaTola:
When you open it, inform me.

Alright. 👍🏼

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Remembers Late Father After 5 Years - Shares Picture / Adaora Umeoji Emerges Anambra Woman Of The Year / Why We Import Cheap Goods From China - Igbo Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.