Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Do You Regret Starting?? (26996 Views)

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss / What Business Do I Invest 8M In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 10:45pm On May 17, 2023
Lamanii22:
Soft drink business
How, gist me
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by lavylilly: 10:58pm On May 17, 2023
Xammie001:
how boss?
is there no lesson

Lessons
Never change your hand when it comes to Palm oil
2. Be consistent
3. Don't forget rule 1&2

3 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Spin4: 11:06pm On May 17, 2023
grafixdon:
Bar. I lost close to 2.5m. No good staff, most of them are greedy and rude. It's been 2 months I closed the bar. Would reopen when I get someone very serious who can manage the bar for me.

3 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by lavylilly: 11:15pm On May 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:

Thank you. You are right.

I intend to Manage myself, I will have a room in the Hotel.

I will employ a Manager and an Accountant but I will make sure I oversee their activities as seriously as possible.

And for Location, I intend to do a very thorough feasibility study on this.

I will also cooperate well with the Police and local security in the Location.

I feel I should start working on Location now but I think I should wait till I have at least 20m savings. I just dey pray make God help me
You don't need the bolded when you start out as you grow then you can start delegating certain responsibilities, you have to have solid grip of the business, because if they know you don't know certain things about the business, they would run you street.

You need yourself (being the manager & accountant), receptionist & cleaner who doubles as the house keeper, as demand increases you bring more hands.

Hotel is income and expenditure account
Income
Lodging
Bar
Swimming
Snooker
Hall rentals
Kitchen
Mallam selling suya or Shawarma person (pays you monthly for using the front of your hotel)
The italicized, monitor them bumper-to-bumper, get daily report of the stock/inventory -This another reason you don't need the bolded yet

Expenditure
1. Tablet soap
2. Disposable (ONLY when there's a party)
3. Cleaning materials
4. Salaries
5. PHCN
6. Fuel (Go for solar inverter system)
7. Minor repairs - don't change hands (repairers) very important if you want your facilities to last. Number 6, usually takes about 40-50% of profit hence the reason I suggested solar & also you either buy the fuel & other items yourself or contract it out- this another reason I said you don't need the bolded

As for the police, wait for them to come to you, don't go to meet them & when they do come, meet directly with the DPO not the boys. Whe you meet him, tell him you appreciate the work he does and how he has kept the area secure, praise him to high heavens a d be quick to add that business has been VERY dull but he should manage this xyz amount for card, make sure you collect his number.

Finally, don't wait till you have 20m... START NOW.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by HUSTLER001: 11:15pm On May 17, 2023
grafixdon:
Bar. I lost close to 2.5m. No good staff, most of them are greedy and rude. It's been 2 months I closed the bar. Would reopen when I get someone very serious who can manage the bar for me.
please,where are you based? I'm interested in managing the business for you.Try me and see.

5 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Oyindamolah: 11:35pm On May 17, 2023
kiss
cayorday89:

One thing I have realized is that, school education makes us to understand English and give us ability to read, write and comprehend things easily but not necessarily to make business decisions at a go and be a success at it instantly especially for those of us that did not study professional courses, even those who do still have to learn on the job. Business is another ball game entirely as mistakes will be made and your education will not save you in many instances than it will save you in some.

A teacher once told us in secondary school that you are only literate in the language you are taught, the moment you get to a place where your known languages are not spoken you automatically become an illiterate and same applies to business, and funny enough most teachers are teaching because it's a plan Z for them and are not actually equipped with the actual knowledge to make students business savvy in the future.
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Blake755: 11:51pm On May 17, 2023
joinnow:
Someone share the story aka Patricia
While in university
Bought okada. The rider ran away with the bike. Later track him to his village but receive the beating of my life from the rider and his father at their village.
Open pop corn biz at campus gate. It was doing well till the girl I employee start thiefing and she is complaining of low sale mean while she open another pop corn biz opposite and directing customer to her own and telling student that it's our second branch. Latter find out and close the business.
Third open indomie shop. The person broke a student head. The student eat without paying. School called me and ask I have to choose between school and indomie.ofcourse I close the Indomie biz.
Fouth Bitcoin when I am about to blow Buhari govt ban bitcoin in Nigeria. I japa from Nigeria now my company is in 24 countries in europe
That girl wicked ooo 😂😅 she showed you shege

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Blake755: 12:01am On May 18, 2023
seanwilliam:

Please before going into any business, even if it will cost you money to do feasibility studies, please pay it. At the end, when the business starts booming, I swear you’ll gain your money back.

I recently started an offline business, there’s this guy in my area , he’s an illiterate but a very grounded entrepreneur . The guy made me realize that there’s different between having money and knowing exactly what to do with it.
Everything I had in mind to do would have collapsed the business. I humbled myself and followed the guy guild lines, at first I hated his style and perspective , baba at the end I succumbed and I regretted not starting the business earlier.

What I’m saying in essence is that you might have the money for the business and not have the business acumen.

Go back to drawing board, I wish you well brotherly.
U said the simple truth for instance me got a 5 figure I saved up I want to start up something with it but am developing cold feet I really wanna try something out I just don't know what to do again 💔💔

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Politicalziggy: 2:20am On May 18, 2023
Poultry. Chaiiiiiiii. I wasted money.

post=123179690]What business do you regret venturing into??

Share your experience grin[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by EGUNSOLA14: 3:16am On May 18, 2023
Victory662:
This is my $200 crypto 😭
hotbit hmmmmmmm!
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by EGUNSOLA14: 3:19am On May 18, 2023
princejones:
I lost millions in futures trading, futures trading is worst than virtual betting
more explanation pls
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by EGUNSOLA14: 4:35am On May 18, 2023
lavylilly:
You don't need the bolded when you start out as you grow then you can start delegating certain responsibilities, you have to have solid grip of the business, because if they know you don't know certain things about the business, they would run you street.

You need yourself (being the manager & accountant), receptionist & cleaner who doubles as the house keeper, as demand increases you bring more hands.

Income
Lodging
Bar
Swimming
Snooker
Hall rentals
Kitchen
Mallam selling suya or Shawarma person (pays you monthly for using the front of your hotel)
The italicized, monitor them bumper-to-bumper, get daily report of the stock/inventory -This another reason you don't need the bolded yet

Expenditure
1. Tablet soap
3. Cleaning materials
4. Salaries
5. PHCN
7. Minor repairs - don't change hands (repairers) very important if you want your facilities to last. Number 6, usually takes about 40-50% of profit hence the reason I suggested solar & also you either buy the fuel & other items yourself or contract it out- this another reason I said you don't need the bolded

As for the police, wait for them to come to you, don't go to meet them & when they do come, meet directly with the DPO not the boys. Whe you meet him, tell him you appreciate the work he does and how he has kept the area secure, praise him to high heavens a d be quick to add that business has been VERY dull but he should manage this xyz amount for card, make sure you collect his number.

good advice!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by professore(m): 4:35am On May 18, 2023
Staphylococcus:

Don’t get too addicted to it. You won’t have savings
patronise me please and give me referrals, help a brother o.
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by professore(m): 4:37am On May 18, 2023
Iseoluwani:

I don't mind, at least it will be my savings
please patronise me Sir, I sell for BRG, the largest group in Nigeria, very reputable and safe.
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by sweetveek(m): 5:13am On May 18, 2023
SkyFi:

taaii !!! Don't say that !

It failed you because you put in money and expected quick returns, you may have also put in money that was not set aside for investment.
I was also naive in the past and made some decisions that made me loose value of my crypto investments, but I have learned a lot and now applying my experience in my decision making, mit is paying off already.

This is the time to make money in crypto with so many projects now all the prices are low. The price will only go up from here.

I can teach you 1 or 2 moves to start making profits on if only you have that spare change you can afford to loose !
can you teach me too?
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by mkoabiola: 5:33am On May 18, 2023
Betting

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by professore(m): 5:39am On May 18, 2023
Dshocker:

I lost N10m, but i wasn't the person that traded with it....

My friend was advising me to buy twitter shares , through Bamboo, just the same week Elon Musk first said he will be making payment for twitter, but later failed to make payment.

He made N350m after investing into it, profit shut up to 35×.

how much did he invest to make this profit?
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by professore(m): 5:58am On May 18, 2023
seanwilliam:

Please before going into any business, even if it will cost you money to do feasibility studies, please pay it. At the end, when the business starts booming, I swear you’ll gain your money back.

I recently started an offline business, there’s this guy in my area , he’s an illiterate but a very grounded entrepreneur . The guy made me realize that there’s different between having money and knowing exactly what to do with it.
Everything I had in mind to do would have collapsed the business. I humbled myself and followed the guy guild lines, at first I hated his style and perspective , baba at the end I succumbed and I regretted not starting the business earlier.

What I’m saying in essence is that you might have the money for the business and not have the business acumen.

Go back to drawing board, I wish you well brotherly.
would like to meet this person Sir.
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Coolbriz: 6:34am On May 18, 2023
IyaTola:
Thank you for your input, however, you raised valid points, he could do 3kva & also start a phone charging business
Let me drop the quote here for him

3KW INVERTER SETUP + SOLAR

1. 3Kw 24volt Hybrid inverter = #260,000

2. 12v 200Ah battery 4pieces = #180,000 x 4 =

3. 270watts solar panels 9pieces = #65,000 x 9
4. Solar mounting rails on roof and its accessories = #50,000

5. DC & AC Cables = #90,000

6. AC & DC breaker, changeOver, trunking, AVS, breaker box, AC & DC Surge, PV combiner Box = #60,000

7. Logistics to site = #30,000 within Lagos

8. Installation = #60,000 if it duplex
Upstairs #150,000

TOTAL = #

3kva is okay, where I've problem is the hybrid 24volts system. Which is going to come with 60amps charge controller.

Did you consider your 270watts panels of 24volts of 9amps each will be connected in series making it a total of 81amps to be generated at maximum.

When this numbers of amps get to the charge controller of 60amps what will happen? It will be get burnt and the system will collapse.

My little cent, when there's higher number of panel never use Hybrid system. Do your maths and balance the equation, don't manage the cost to save you going back to the place.

Good qoutation.

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by professore(m): 6:46am On May 18, 2023
Iseoluwani:

Logistics as in delivering of customers goods to customers house.

how does one get into this business? What are the things one needs? Thanks pal.

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Iseoluwani: 7:01am On May 18, 2023
professore:
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by professore(m): 7:06am On May 18, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Funny and Educating. I have plans to build a hotel. I lost so much money between February and April this year. I am currently praying to God that the source of income that fetched the money should not block( at least till the end of the year).

If my prayer is answered, I should be able to save 40 Milion naira between now and end of the year.

If it works, I am seriously considering building a hotel of about 20 rooms, with lounge/bar. I prefer that to building a house.

What are your thoughts?
mind sharing the source with me Sir?
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:35am On May 18, 2023
lavylilly:

Income
Lodging
Bar
Swimming
Snooker
Hall rentals
Kitchen

Expenditure
1. Tablet soap
3. Cleaning materials
4. Salaries
5. PHCN

Thanks a million for the very detailed and inscive response

5 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Oyindamolah: 8:13am On May 18, 2023
Blake755:

U said the simple truth for instance me got a 5 figure I saved up I want to start up something with it but am developing cold feet I really wanna try something out I just don't know what to do again 💔💔
What business do you have passion for?
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Oyindamolah: 8:13am On May 18, 2023
Politicalziggy:
Poultry. Chaiiiiiiii. I wasted money.

post=123179690]What business do you regret venturing into??

Share your experience grin
How explain let me learn from you.
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Teejaney88(m): 8:17am On May 18, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Most of you guys will regret not voting Tinubu
I really hope so...

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Oyindamolah: 8:17am On May 18, 2023
professore:
220cc bike
A tracker to monitor movement of the bike
All important papers
And social media

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Preciouschinwe(f): 8:23am On May 18, 2023
Mine is I make and supply buns, now I wish to stop because there is no profit but my customers won't let me.

2 Likes

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 8:24am On May 18, 2023
The bolded wink
Coolbriz:

3kva is okay, where I've problem is the hybrid 24volts system. Which is going to come with 60amps charge controller.

Did you consider your 270watts panels of 24volts of 9amps each will be connected in series making it a total of 81amps to be generated at maximum.

When this numbers of amps get to the charge controller of 60amps what will happen? It will be get burnt and the system will collapse.

My little cent, when there's higher number of panel never use Hybrid system. Do your maths and balance the equation, don't manage the cost to save you going back to the place.

Good qoutation.
I understand what you are saying, he has options to choose.
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 8:25am On May 18, 2023
Preciouschinwe:
Mine is I make and supply buns, now I wish to stop because there is no profit but my customers won't let me.
Are they owing you?

1 Like

Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by IyaTola: 8:27am On May 18, 2023
mkoabiola:
Betting
Gimme gist make I know as I wan take enter by June
Re: What Business Do You Regret Starting?? by Paulson2020(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2023
Amen brother
BarrElChapo:

Sorry for tough experience, hopefully you come back stronger with the lessons learnt. I wish you good luck in all your future endeavors.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

3 Popular Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start In 2019 / Can A Customer Sue Bank For Undeposited Money Lost During Bank Robbery? / FOREX : Dealers Unable To Pick $100m Offered By CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.