Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down (1111 Views)

Men Are Afraid To Date Me. They Think I Am A Transgender - Bearded Tanzanian / Counter Thread: Why Do Some Relationships End When The Guy Goes Broke? / Answer To Thread : Why Breed Bastards? The Gains Of Baby Mama In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by TheOldGods: 4:16pm On May 17, 2023
this is a counter thread to the on on Front page
where the guy is saying he is scared to get married because his girlfriend visits other male friends https://www.nairaland.com/7685214/why-im-scared-get-married

Before I go ahead, I would like to give a few examples using physical products and then make the counter.

If you love a car, and you go to a car stand, the seller tells you the car is 1 million. You agree to buy, then you tell the seller that you will come in two months time or in a year time, then the seller asks you to make a commitment of atleast 500k to be sure and secure it, you say no and go away. Then you come another day and see someone else inspecting the car, opening the doors. You rush to the seller and tell him that you told him to keep the car. Then he reminds you that you never made any commitment to that car, he can't trust you and can't wait for you. You get angry and ditch the car and the seller. You repeat the same with another seller. It goes on and on like that. Then you conclude that all sellers are evil.

This small explanation is the same that happens to us in Relationships. The op claimed he is interested in the girl, but has never made any commitment to this girl to prove to her that he is serious. First he never, engaged the girl which is the first commitment, secondly, after the engagement he could take it further by visiting the parents and do what we call "knocking at the door" you only need to buy wine, and wrapper for the mother. And let them know you are the one marrying their child. Now this way, you have made 2 commitments. No girl in her right sense would mess up and go ahead to visit another guy at her home. for an open place we could accept that just a little depending on what the purpose of the meeting was. If it's to catch up for old times, then he'll no, he can come to the house and meet the both of them.

We all know that women's peak is between 18-29, why would a lady want to stick with a man who has not shown commitments towards her, you want her not to visit other men, you have no morale grounds to ditch her or even be angry.

Let's be honest,"Bf/Gf/Relationship" words normally used to describe two love birds is simply "friends with benefits". Let's us call a spade a spade. There is nothing like bf, gf. Every guy is your bf, as he is a boy, and a friend. Now if you are trying to define a person you love you say, Your friend with benefit or a companion. Both of you are only having sex, bf or gf is not recognised by the law, society, your parents your pastors etc. They only recognise husband and wife and not even fiancé.

The op is simply a toxic fellow at 35-39 looking for a girl he can cage for his sexual gratification without any commitment.

I rest my case.
Kingsley123456

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by pocohantas(f): 4:51pm On May 17, 2023
The simple solution is to break up with the guy and move on. Once you realise he is a padlock bf or gf, simply move on.

The OP is 35, he has been chopping amd cleaning mouth. Now the lady who I am sure is a young one, wants to chop him too and clean mouth... he is crying. Men do not realise this life is turn by turn. You are 35, stop deceiving yourselves that every U26 girl out there wants to be saddled with a grown ass man and kids. So I wonder who told him she wants to marry him. Find another one that is at the same stage with you. Two of una done retire and can use yourselves as pension.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Thegamingorca(m): 4:55pm On May 17, 2023
pocohantas:
The simple solution is to break up with the guy and move on. Once you realise he is a padlock bf or gf, simply move on.

Happy belated birthday Poco
Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by ItisWell22(f): 5:00pm On May 17, 2023
🙂
Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 17, 2023
Well written.

There are lots of undefined relationships out there. When people say they are in a relationship the first question that crosses my mind is "ship to where". You see lots of people dating without a purpose while sex and money remain their only common page. Do people even know the meaning of dating? How many people are deliberate with their relationships? Do they go further to read books on relationships? No, but they are very quick to profess love, have sex, break up, cry wolf, and move on to the next.

In a purposeful relationship, there are stages. The talking stage, the dating stage, the courtship then the marriage or long-term commitment. With each stage comes its peculiarities, do's, don'ts, and expectations. But people bring the last stage to the first and accept the perfect result. The op of that other thread and his lady are on parallel lines yet they are in a relationship. Lol, You don't expect peculiarities of the courtship stage from someone who in her mind is just dating you grin

Define your relationship, make sure your partner is on the same page as you, and watch things play out.
Personally, there are some things I except of a person I court but I don't expect of just a guy I talk to especially when it comes to emotional needs. Lol I may ignore an "Okay" response to a rant from an average guy but will "enter same trousers" with a guy I'm dating if he gives the same response. 🥴

Do not expect so much from people you are not committed to. Give a woman a reason to make you "first and only" and she will make you "THE ONLY ONE" . VERY SIMPLE STUFF 🤷

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Reminderz: 5:19pm On May 17, 2023
OP I saw your mention earlier, and you made some valid points... it's true that some men just want to be friends with benefits with a girl without any commitment or taking the next step in the relationship... but in most cases, even when the relationship is well defined by the man and he has made his intentions known, the lady still keeps her options open and cheats on the man, sometimes even when the man has already proposed and visited his parents...

women should learn to keep their legs closed and remain a virgin, by doing this, a man won't be scared to take things forward with the lady... but most ladies are hoes and lacks qualities needed in marriage and to maintain a home, so men who are ready won't see the need to commit fully to women like this... until women learn to remain chaste, this will forever continue.. men are now becoming wiser and not settling for less...

3 Likes

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by TheOldGods: 6:27pm On May 17, 2023
Mod
Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by TheOldGods: 6:59pm On May 17, 2023
Reminderz:
OP I saw your mention earlier, and you made some valid points... it's true that some men just want to be friends with benefits with a girl without any commitment or taking the next step in the relationship... but in most cases, even when the relationship is well defined by the man and he has made his intentions known, the lady still keeps her options open and cheats on the man, sometimes even when the man has already proposed and visited his parents...

women should learn to keep their legs closed and remain a virgin, by doing this, a man won't be scared to take things forward with the lady... but most ladies are hoes and lacks qualities needed in marriage and to maintain a home, so men who are ready won't see the need to commit fully to women like this... until women learn to remain chaste, this will forever continue.. men are now becoming wiser and not settling for less...

virginity is not only a woman's thing. A man that wants to marry a virgin should keep the same energy and be a virgin. No person deserve to be second class. That statement alone is double standard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by TheOldGods: 7:00pm On May 17, 2023
Persephone1:
Well written.

There are lots of undefined relationships out there. When people say they are in a relationship the first question that crosses my mind is "ship to where". You see lots of people dating without a purpose while sex and money remain their only common page. Do people even know the meaning of dating? How many people are deliberate with their relationships? Do they go further to read books on relationships? No, but they are very quick to profess love, have sex, break up, cry wolf, and move on to the next.

In a purposeful relationship, there are stages. The talking stage, the dating stage, the courtship then the marriage or long-term commitment. With each stage comes its peculiarities, do's, don'ts, and expectations. But people bring the last stage to the first and accept the perfect result. The op of that other thread and his lady are on parallel lines yet they are in a relationship. Lol, You don't expect peculiarities of the courtship stage from someone who in her mind is just dating you grin

Define your relationship, make sure your partner is on the same page as you, and watch things play out.
Personally, there are some things I except of a person I court but I don't expect of just a guy I talk to especially when it comes to emotional needs. Lol I may ignore an "Okay" response to a rant from an average guy but will "enter same trousers" with a guy I'm dating if he gives the same response. 🥴

Do not expect so much from people you are not committed to. Give a woman a reason to make you "first and only" and she will make you "THE ONLY ONE" . VERY SIMPLE STUFF 🤷
Dude is 35 and not committed to this lady, yet he wants the lady to be committed to him. Double standard

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Reminderz: 7:09pm On May 17, 2023
TheOldGods:
virginity is not only a woman's thing. A man that wants to marry a virgin should keep the same energy and be a virgin. No person deserve to be second class. That statement alone is double standard
a man can marry more than one wife... so it's a woman thing.. of course I'm not saying men should fornicate, but a man can only be a virgin to the first wife and not the rest...

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by thesilentman(m): 7:17pm On May 17, 2023
Op you got that bloke summed up all right.He's not yet ready to marry.Immediately i made my intention known to my in-laws,omo na dem dey play detective on my behalf o.They barred any man from visiting her and she could not hang around with men like before.

4 Likes

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Evestar200(f): 7:29pm On May 17, 2023
Men always want loyalty from women but don't want to be loyal to the same women

I Can only be with who deserves my loyalty, I don't care who you are or what you do, I only care about my Sanity

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by PerfectStranger(m): 7:39pm On May 17, 2023
TheOldGods:
Virginity for men? Is you kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by pocohantas(f): 8:04pm On May 17, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Happy belated birthday Poco

My guy before before!
Thanks for the birthday wishes. wink

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 17, 2023
TheOldGods:
Dude is 35 and not committed to this lady, yet he wants the lady to be committed to him. Double standard
Person wey never ready cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Savedday2: 8:31pm On May 17, 2023
This guy never know 9ja girls! Only ysdy, a girl that got married only last month wants me to knack her. This is after tell me how happily married and much she love the husband ooh.

Use ur tough to count ur teeth. All 9ja girls are Oloshio if u like marry her and prgrm CCTV camera to follow her anywhere she goes, she much still look for another pr*CK to knack her.

They are useless, all of them!

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 17, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Virginity for men? Is you kidding me?
Are*
Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Eunoiaa(f): 12:12am On May 18, 2023
Lol...
Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by eazzzy1(m): 12:40am On May 18, 2023
A more suitable analogy would be; you go to a dealership to buy a car, you try to test the car but it wouldn’t start. You then conclude the reason it wouldn’t start is because you haven’t paid for it. Your assumption is, once you pay and tow it home, it’s very likely to start functioning properly.

Are you saying married women don’t go out with other guys? Are they also keeping their options open? This is how you assume yourselves into bad marriages then start disturbing people with tales of your marital woes.

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Tenrack: 7:07am On May 18, 2023
Persephone1:
Well written.

Naso. In theory it always sounds so good to the ears.
Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by TheOldGods: 9:19am On May 18, 2023
eazzzy1:
A more suitable analogy would be; you go to a dealership to buy a car, you try to test the car but it wouldn’t start. You then conclude the reason it wouldn’t start is because you haven’t paid for it. Your assumption is, once you pay and tow it home, it’s very likely to start functioning properly.

Are you saying married women don’t go out with other guys? Are they also keeping their options open? This is how you assume yourselves into bad marriages then start disturbing people with tales of your marital woes.

nope your analogy is wrong and can't be used in this context. Clearly the car didn't start from abinitio, what can you use to quantify the car not starting? You made no context to it.
Re: Counter Thread : Why He is Afraid to Marry and settle down by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 18, 2023
With the entire power vested on men (religion,culture,time and biology is on their side) they are the ones always rolling in sand and wailing.
One would expect it is the vulnerable or those whom religion,culture or time is against ( divorced women,LGBT,widows, single moms, 35+ women etc) that should be wailing.

Shebi you as a man holds the power of commitment,and you have the say and decision as regards to commitment, why not you use veto power and manifest your choice of woman?

Keep allowing men to deceive you into thinking that at any age you can secure a woman of your DREAM.

Let me make it clear, only men of high value age like wine. If you are not a high value man,there is no difference between you and 35+ women as regards desirability.

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Can you go to Market If your woman Is tired? / Is It Polite For A Guy To Move Into A Lady's Apartment / Am Looking Fir Luv!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.